HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh / Columbus

Old
05-14-2012, 05:20 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
This is all pretty bad...what about:

Staal
Choice of Martin/Michalek/Orpik
2nd or prospect not named Morrow, Despres, Harrington

for

Johnson
2nd Overall
So a guy with one more season on his deal and a cap dump or bad prospect for the 2nd overall and JMFJ? Yeah, no.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:20 PM
sdawg1010*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
This is all pretty bad...what about:

Staal
Choice of Martin/Michalek/Orpik
2nd or prospect not named Morrow, Despres, Harrington

for

Johnson
2nd Overall
LOL, Pens fans wont give up Staal for kessel and a pick...lets be honest here..you want a stud centerman, a 1st or second pairing defenseman and a 2nd or a prospect... LOL

sdawg1010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:26 PM
SEALBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
So a guy with one more season on his deal and a cap dump or bad prospect for the 2nd overall and JMFJ? Yeah, no.
Please explain to me how any of Martin, Orpik, or Michalek are a cap dump?

Bad prospects? Wow...you have certainly done your homework...

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:28 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
You don't know much about prospect do you?

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:29 PM
SEALBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg1010 View Post
LOL, Pens fans wont give up Staal for kessel and a pick...lets be honest here..you want a stud centerman, a 1st or second pairing defenseman and a 2nd or a prospect... LOL
Where is the evidence that anyone taken 2nd OV will be a stud centerman? Compared especially to the proven quality of Staal.

2nd pairing for us...

And no, I didn't want a 2nd or a prospect. That was going the other way. Bortz, Strait, Sneep, Bennett, Kunhy, Tangradi, Jeffery...there is an entire slew of great prospects in Pittsburgh.

Old
05-14-2012, 05:30 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
What's **** got to do with Kessel now?

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:56 PM
chunkbox

ok i will make this more easy ... we got burned on the Jeff Carter deal ( obvious ) through that we managed to aquire what is viewed by many CBJ fans a top pairing D man ( J.Johnson ) who plays monster minutes and is a dangerous on the PP ...

meaning i doubt CBJ would even consider moving him ... yes even for the almighty Malkin ...

we have went about a decade with one superstar and a bunch of grinders ... i don't think we would sacrifice any valuable assets to regress and tie up the franchise for another decade

i understand how amazing Geno is and love to watch him play ...

but i don't see it being possible here

i would rather keep our defense and get help in goal and at forward

chunkbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Long Duk Dong
Sammich King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully17 View Post
To Pittsburgh:
Rick Nash
Jack Johnson
CLB 1st in 2012

To Columbus:
Evgeni Malkin
Zbynek Michalek
Simon Despres
Eric Tangradi
PIT 1st in 2012

Pittsburgh gets a star winger for Crosby, which also lets Staal move up to the number 2 center role. They also get an upgrade on defense, with Johnson.

Columbus gets the star center they so desperately need along with some good young pieces in Despres and Tangradi and a late round 1st to compensate them with the loss of 2nd overall
Ring ring,

Shero picks up and says hold up a sec Doogie. The dog's peeing on the floor again, ****ing pugs.

Shero to Mario: Dude, listen to this one. ******** wants Malkin.
Mario to Shero: But uh, obviously uh Geno best player in uh.. da game.
Shero to Mario: M-Dogg, he's offering Crosby's BFF and Nash. NASH!
Mario to Shero: But uh obviously, great television show dat was.

Shero whispers to the big guy. Check this out bro, and walks back to the phone.

Scotty! Shero shouts. Best I can do is (fart noises), they laugh and hang up.

Funnies aside, Nash, Johnson and 2 overall for Malkin would barely get Shero to answer the phone, let alone adding in Depres. You can't make a fair trade for both teams. Malkin is one of the best players in the past 20 years. The package that would have to come back even if they were sure fire prospects would end up making more than Malkin by himself after their elc's. Shero absolutely will not trade the best player in the world if their other best player in the world is questionable health wise. And don't bring up Gretzky. He was sold, not traded.

Last edited by Long Duk Dong: 05-14-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Long Duk Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:54 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkbox View Post
ok i will make this more easy ... we got burned on the Jeff Carter deal ( obvious ) through that we managed to aquire what is viewed by many CBJ fans a top pairing D man ( J.Johnson ) who plays monster minutes and is a dangerous on the PP ...

meaning i doubt CBJ would even consider moving him ... yes even for the almighty Malkin ...

we have went about a decade with one superstar and a bunch of grinders ... i don't think we would sacrifice any valuable assets to regress and tie up the franchise for another decade

And tbh I could not agree more with you. This often gets to caught up in insisting trades that neither fanbase wants are still fair value or not, when cases of everyone genuinly prefering what they have are awesome and people should recognize that.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:25 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
This would be about my assessment as well.

I know we're all obsessed with every trade always and inevitably having one and only one "winner", but frankly that's just not true. There are trades where both parties can win (Nikitin for Russell this past year, so far)... and there are trades where both parties can lose. This would be in that latter category.
I agree there are trades which could be classified as "lose-lose", but there is no way CBJ loses in the original proposal.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:27 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkbox View Post

"Hey, Columbus fan base, we could get the best player in the NHL, all we'd have to do is give up Jack Johnson"

"NO! JACK JOHNSON IS OUR SYMBOL OF FREEDOM OF THE JEFF CARTER TRADE!"

Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face comes to one's mind.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

terrible

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

I still am more intrigued by the thought of Umberger to Pittsburgh than anyone else on CBJ

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:12 PM
SheasRebellion6

To PIT:
Nash
J Johnson
Johansen/Brassard or Both
2012 1st round

To CLB:
Malkin
Martin

destroy at your pleasure... STIR THE POT.

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Why do people keep including JJ in these proposals? Don't they know that "CBJ fans won't even trade him for BEST. PLAYAH. EVAH!? You silly dumbass Columbus fans.

Look. CBJ is not trading JJ for piecey-parts, which is what every one of these deals is except for ones that include Malkin. CBJ isn't going to make any of those deals, either, because they all include Nash and the 2nd overall, which means basically three of CBJ's top 4 assets, for Malkin plus and bunch of stuff which would leave the CBJ roster gutted save for one superlative player. I ail to see how that makes the Jackets any better.

Lastly, why oh why do we have people still trying to salvage this thread when Pens fans have been giving the OP a metaphorical middle finger throughout, then telling Jackets fans how stupid they are.

Good god.

Old
05-14-2012, 10:51 PM
SEALBound

How about

Umberger
2nd Ov

for

Malkin
Crosby

Old
05-14-2012, 11:28 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully17 View Post
To Pittsburgh:
Rick Nash
Jack Johnson
CLB 1st in 2012

To Columbus:
Evgeni Malkin
Zbynek Michalek
Simon Despres
Eric Tangradi
PIT 1st in 2012

Pittsburgh gets a star winger for Crosby, which also lets Staal move up to the number 2 center role. They also get an upgrade on defense, with Johnson.

Columbus gets the star center they so desperately need along with some good young pieces in Despres and Tangradi and a late round 1st to compensate them with the loss of 2nd overall
Close to if not THEEEEEEE number one WORST proposal of ALL TIME... you should be ashamed of yourself...

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:29 AM
georgiabluejacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Uhh... they probably took off because they got Jeff Carter.
He's been better than good in CLB.
Come on now, you can't use actual logic and facts on here. Just because Jack has more points(14 in 21 games-13 in 26 games), better +/-(5-1), and costs less than Carter has to clearly mean than the CBJ got the short end of the stick(oh, yeah, they got a pesky 1st rounder too)

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:31 AM
georgiabluejacket

Quote:
Rick Nash - .881 ppg - 7.8 million

Meet

Nicklas Backstrom - 1.05 ppg - 6.7million

Meet

Patrick Kane - .925 Ppg - 6.3 Million

Nuff said
Teammates:

CBJ:Umberger, Brassard, Mason
WSH:Ovechkin, Semin, Green
CHI:Toews, Sharp, Keith

Enough said

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:30 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Why do people keep including JJ in these proposals? Don't they know that "CBJ fans won't even trade him for BEST. PLAYAH. EVAH!? You silly dumbass Columbus fans.

Look. CBJ is not trading JJ for piecey-parts, which is what every one of these deals is except for ones that include Malkin. CBJ isn't going to make any of those deals, either, because they all include Nash and the 2nd overall, which means basically three of CBJ's top 4 assets, for Malkin plus and bunch of stuff which would leave the CBJ roster gutted save for one superlative player. I ail to see how that makes the Jackets any better.

Lastly, why oh why do we have people still trying to salvage this thread when Pens fans have been giving the OP a metaphorical middle finger throughout, then telling Jackets fans how stupid they are.

Good god.

I'm not sure that Michalek and Despres are 'a bunch of stuff'

I had some other stuff about Michalek and Jack Johnson, but I had to delete it, because it basically just devolved into me typing JEFF CARTER MEMORIAL TROPHY a lot. Which amused me. But accomplished little else.

Old
05-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I'm not sure that Michalek and Despres are 'a bunch of stuff'

I had some other stuff about Michalek and Jack Johnson, but I had to delete it, because it basically just devolved into me typing JEFF CARTER MEMORIAL TROPHY a lot. Which amused me. But accomplished little else.
Try to see the big picture.

Double-Shift Lassé is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I agree there are trades which could be classified as "lose-lose", but there is no way CBJ loses in the original proposal.
Because Michalek-Wisniewski is clearly a killer defense pairing that'll make the likes of Datsyuk, Toews, Backes, Hossa, and Zetterberg tremble, right?

Any "Nash and the 2nd overall together" deal has to make us an immediate playoff contender, or else we've screwed our asset management hardcore. Throwing in JMFJ makes it even worse. Malkin is several different kinds of epic-level awesome, but can he singlehandedly put us in the playoffs under those circumstances?

Didn't think so.

It's lose-lose.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Mister Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Because Michalek-Wisniewski is clearly a killer defense pairing that'll make the likes of Datsyuk, Toews, Backes, Hossa, and Zetterberg tremble, right?

Any "Nash and the 2nd overall together" deal has to make us an immediate playoff contender, or else we've screwed our asset management hardcore. Throwing in JMFJ makes it even worse. Malkin is several different kinds of epic-level awesome, but can he singlehandedly put us in the playoffs under those circumstances?

Didn't think so.

It's lose-lose.
The Pens wouldn't do that trade, but you have to remember Malkin would put people in the seats. Owners kind of like that.

Mister Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

I'm insulted by this proposal.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Hockey View Post
The Pens wouldn't do that trade, but you have to remember Malkin would put people in the seats. Owners kind of like that.
With the state of the market as it is right now, it's actually questionable whether or not picking up Malkin would actually have that effect - especially considering how Jeff Carter worked out.

(Yes, yes, Carter doesn't compare to Malkin blah blah can't hold jockstrap blah blah outrage blah blah blah. Player ability is irrelevant to the point. It's "big move" marketing we're talking about here, and we've already had misfires enough. Hell, half the folks might stay away 'cause "he's another Russian forward", as ludicrous as that seems.)

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote