HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Terhaar's Gone! (UPDATED: LaPanta Hired)

Old
05-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Okay everyone "LaPanta" is trending on Twitter right now, and it is 100% Negative.

Everyone who has twitter, get on there and voice your displeasure about this hire.

And dont forget to email the Wild and Fox Sports North. We can still beat this thing if we crank the rage up to 11!

EVERYONE! TWEET LIKE YOU MEAN IT!

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:21 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Okay everyone "LaPanta" is trending on Twitter right now, and it is 100% Negative.

Everyone who has twitter, get on there and voice your displeasure about this hire.

And dont forget to email the Wild and Fox Sports North. We can still beat this thing if we crank the rage up to 11!

They're not gonna change their minds. If they do, I'll use LaPanta as my avatar for a week. It's not happening. No way in h-e-double hockey sticks will they go back on it.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:21 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:

Hey that's not true, there are 3 (count them 3) positive tweets.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
They're not gonna change their minds. If they do, I'll use LaPanta as my avatar for a week. It's not happening.
Sweet bet but yeah, it's not gonna happen.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:23 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

In their eyes, they listened to the fans by getting rid of Terhaar. It's a case of be careful what you ask for. Fans got what they initially wanted, but didn't expect the possibilities that would come with it.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

And its you apathetic fans who aren't getting mad enough who are letting them go through with this decision.

I'm calling everyone out to tweet negatively about the impending LaPanta hire. We already got them to push it back at least one day. We can complain enough to get them to call it off.

Someone on Twitter mentioned that LaPanta looks kinda pissed right now as he's doing the Twins postgame show, so hopefully that means it IS getting through.

We can stop this guys. Get on the complain train and make a difference.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:28 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
And its you apathetic fans who aren't getting mad enough who are letting them go through with this decision.

I'm calling everyone out to tweet negatively about the impending LaPanta hire. We already got them to push it back at least one day. We can complain enough to get them to call it off.

Someone on Twitter mentioned that LaPanta looks kinda pissed right now as he's doing the Twins postgame show, so hopefully that means it IS getting through.

We can stop this guys. Get on the complain train and make a difference.
No, it's from answering STH surveys for 10+ years voicing displeasure with many things including their tv guys. I've been mad enough....I've voiced my opinions to them. And it's from knowing countless other STH's who have done the same with their surveys....and seeing NOTHING as a result from voicing our opinions.

They won't budge. No matter how much you write them, they won't change their minds. This isn't the first time people have protested things in large numbers, and it won't be the last. And the outcome will always be the same.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:
No, it's from answering STH surveys for 10+ years voicing displeasure with many things including their tv guys. It's from knowing countless other STH's who have done the same with their surveys....and seeing NOTHING as a result from voicing our opinions.

They won't budge. No matter how much you write them, they won't change their minds. This isn't the first time people have protested things in large numbers, and it won't be the last. And the outcome will always be the same.
They have to be close to this time. They pushed back the announcement over the outrage. If they get even more over the announcement that theyre just going to go through with it, they might, JUST ONCE actually act on fan feedback.

Isnt it worth it to at least try?

Old
05-14-2012, 11:31 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
They have to be close to this time. They pushed back the announcement over the outrage. If they get even more over the announcement that theyre just going to go through with it, they might, JUST ONCE actually act on fan feedback.

Isnt it worth it to at least try?
Proof?

Old
05-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:
Proof?
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/151435085.html

Quote:
An announcement was supposed to come Monday, but things got sidetracked when the Wild and FSN were taken aback by the backlash regarding the LaPanta hire on this blog, Twitter and other message boards.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:35 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Fair enough. But I'll believe it when I see it. Chances are he already signed the contract and they're doing damage control.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:
Fair enough. But I'll believe it when I see it. I call PR damage control.
So get on twitter or facebook or email or call them and DO DAMAGE.

Eventually the damage gets so bad that the only way to control it is to scrap it and go in the direction you should have gone in the first place.

And dont you dare change your avatar until the playoffs are over.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:37 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
So get on twitter or facebook or email or call them and DO DAMAGE.

Eventually the damage gets so bad that the only way to control it is to scrap it and go in the direction you should have gone in the first place.
I don't have twitter or facebook. And they heard me in my STH survey. And if he already signed the contract, good luck to them getting out of it.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
My God, Avder is on fire on Twitter tonight.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:42 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Honestly, the fact that they kept Greenlay ticks me off even more. Clean the #$!ing house and get a new duo. Telling Terhaar they were going in a "new direction"....yeah right.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
My God, Avder is on fire on Twitter tonight.
I'm a passionate fan. And I have suffered with a mediocre broadcast long enough. I'm rallying the troops both here and on the official boards too.

Maybe it wont work. Maybe it will be all for nothing. But the point is I will have done my best to try to make something I care about better. And I encourage ALL OF YOU to at least try as well.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:44 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
I'm a passionate fan. And I have suffered with a mediocre broadcast long enough. I'm rallying the troops both here and on the official boards too.

Maybe it wont work. Maybe it will be all for nothing. But the point is I will have done my best to try to make something I care about better. And I encourage ALL OF YOU to at least try as well.
Most of us are, dude. Since the very beginning.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Why?

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

If only we had some kind of hockey news connection we could get this on TSN or NBCSports or something.

Old
05-15-2012, 12:05 AM
State of Hockey

If I wasn't geographically connected to this organization I'd probably just laugh at it from afar.

LaPanta is a skilled on-air host. That's where his talent is. It's not calling plays. That "new direction" quote was such a lie.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Oh great, a bunch of spambots on twitter are trying to take the LaPanta trend and run with it to spam some number that I assume is associated with one of those damned talent shows.

Old
05-15-2012, 12:06 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
If I wasn't geographically connected to this organization I'd probably just laugh at it from afar.

LaPanta is a skilled on-air host. That's where his talent is. It's not calling plays. That "new direction" quote was such a lie.
What they really meant was, "We're going to get rid of one contract to save us some money!"

Old
05-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1081
From Russo's blog:
Quote:
No announcement came Monday regarding the Wild's next play-by-play voice, but I am told an announcement is close and it will indeed be Fox Sports North veteran Anthony LaPanta.

An announcement was supposed to come Monday, but things got sidetracked when the Wild and FSN were taken aback by the backlash regarding the LaPanta hire on this blog, Twitter and other message boards. The team also needed to complete the process of contacting candidates who were not chosen. The Wild and FSN did hold a conference call to discuss the feedback and how to manage it. But they were always going to stick with the original decision of hiring the longtime Wild, Twins and Wolves studio host and Gophers' hockey play-by-play voice, though.

I'm guessing an announcement comes tomorrow.

At the risk of having you flame throwers turn on me (ha), I'll be honest and say I haven't listened to LaPanta call many games because I'm usually working Wild when he's working Gophers, but he's a polished broadcaster and at the very least didn't deserve to be raked over the coals. There's a human side of this, too. I'm all for passionate fans, but some of the comments on the previous blog were just mean-spirited.
Deal's pretty much done. I don't see why people are being overly-hostile towards LaPanta; It's not his fault that he was hired for the position. I say we at least give him the benefit of the doubt before trying to actively crucify him.

Last edited by Minnesota: 05-15-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:15 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Now that I've read the blog, yeah they did mention the backlash as a reason for delaying the announcement. But this is just as important...

Quote:
The team also needed to complete the process of contacting candidates who were not chosen. The Wild and FSN did hold a conference call to discuss the feedback and how to manage it. But they were always going to stick with the original decision of hiring the longtime Wild, Twins and Wolves studio host and Gophers' hockey play-by-play voice, though.
I say they stick with their choice and refuse to budge. If they were going to announce it today, chances are he signed that contract. That puts them in a bad situation, and may further cement their decision to keep him. Hello legal battles!

On the bright side, Greenlay is thrilled at the possibility of avoiding any further twitter fights with Avder now that LaPanta could be enemy #1.

Old
05-15-2012, 12:18 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
From Russo's blog:

Deal's pretty much done. I don't see why people are being overly-hostile towards LaPanta. It's not his fault that he was hired for the position.
It's not so much towards LaPanta as it is at the Wild and FSN. He's a great guy, just not what they need for PBP.