HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCF Gm#1 5/13/12 : KINGS defeat COYOTES 4-2, Lead Series 1-0 ...

Old
05-14-2012, 07:54 PM
stlblues1226

vCash: 500
Blues fan here. I just wanted to congratulate the Kings and of course their fans on playing way over my Blues' heads. I have not seen such a dominating performance in a playoff series in a long time. And watching game 1 against Phoenix last night, I don't see any drop off. If the Kings keep going the way they have so far, I don't see anyone beating the Kings in a 7 game series. If my Blues had to loose, it might as well be to the next Stanley Cup Champs. I'm now (temporally any way) an official member of the Kings Playoff Bandwagon. Hopefully there's room for one more.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Last edited by stlblues1226: 05-14-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Get email notifications
stlblues1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:01 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Ohhh ... Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Bobby Ryan, Patrick Sharp, Jonathan Toews, Gabriel Landeskog, Jamie Benn, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Logan Couture, Joe Pavelski, Cal Clutterbuck, Milan Lucic, Patrice Bergeron, Eric Staal, Tomas Fleischmann, Zach Parise, David Clarkson, Ryan Callahan, Jason Spezza, Claude Giroux, Scott Hartnell, James van Riemsdyk, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, James Neal, Jordan Staal, Martin St Louis, Steven Stamkos, Nicklas Backstrom, Alex Ovechkin, Andrew Ladd ... just to name a few

... but yeah IF they came cheap enough (cheaper than the above other guys) I'd welcome Doan or Backes to the Kings also
I'm talking about Doan and Backes compared to any other Kings forward. You could probably argue that Backes might be a better bet than Richards.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues1226 View Post
Blues fan here ... I'm now (temporally any way) an official member of the Kings Playoff Bandwagon. Hopefully there's room for one more.
You have to wear your official Kings Playoff Bandwagon Avatar to join

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
I'm talking about Doan and Backes compared to any other Kings forward. You could probably argue that Backes might be a better bet than Richards.
You said ... "outside of Brown, Kopitar, and Richards, who would you rather have in your forward lineup over Doan or Backes" ... I gave you a pretty long list of guys that IMO I would take over them, and IF you mean Doan and/or Backes REPLACING one of Richards, Brown, Kopitar ... I don't think I would do that either. While I won't argue Doan and Backes are great players and would make the Kings a better team over say guys like King, Stoll, Richardson, Fraser, Nolan, etc. ... look who showed up in the Playoffs last round ... RICHARDS ... NOT your MR. BACKES.

Last edited by Puck U: 05-14-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:13 PM
stlblues1226

Quote:

Done.

Old
05-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
ya, this Doan hate is really proof of how effective and good a player he is. He's doing what Brown is doing to other teams. Like someone said earlier, Doan and Backes are awesome. I'd take them in a heart beat. In fact, I'd pay a pretty heavy price to get players like these, at a MINIMUM what we gave up for Carter. They completely fit in with Kings hockey.

Think about it, outside of Brown, Kopitar, and Richards, who would you rather have in your forward lineup over Doan or Backes?
Probably true. The sucker punch and high crosscheck on Mitchell were dirtyyyyyy, but that bodyslam on Richards was pretty manly.

I'm sure Mitchell/Doan are gonna drop them at some point. Too much juice there not to. Thankfully, there's no one else really physically scary on the Yotes. I mean, I'm sure guys like Morris, Pyatt, etc., can handle themselves, but with no Torres, there's not a lot of dickishness out there.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Sell the tickets, problem solved. It took the Kings 19 years to get here, who knows when it will happen again. The Dodgers still have 2,362,343.03 games left to play this season.
This.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:30 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Blues fan here. I just wanted to congratulate the Kings and of course their fans on playing way over my Blues' heads. I have not seen such a dominating performance in a playoff series in a long time. And watching game 1 against Phoenix last night, I don't see any drop off. If the Kings keep going the way they have so far, I don't see anyone beating the Kings in a 7 game series. If my Blues had to loose, it might as well be to the next Stanley Cup Champs. I'm now (temporally any way) an official member of the Kings Playoff Bandwagon. Hopefully there's room for one more.

Thank you for the well wishes and encouragement. Bandwagon's never too full Hopefully you enjoy the Kings hockey for the rest of these playoffs, and the Kings will hopefully one day become your 2nd favorite team in the regular season!

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:31 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:

It was a great series and welcome aboard! Kind of a random comment, but I'd welcome Backes on the Kings anyday. The guy is a monster

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:35 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Probably true. The sucker punch and high crosscheck on Mitchell were dirtyyyyyy, but that bodyslam on Richards was pretty manly.

I'm sure Mitchell/Doan are gonna drop them at some point. Too much juice there not to. Thankfully, there's no one else really physically scary on the Yotes. I mean, I'm sure guys like Morris, Pyatt, etc., can handle themselves, but with no Torres, there's not a lot of dickishness out there.
It's really funny how one-sided fans can get. I remember in the playoffs when Norstrom elbowed Forsberg in the face, Kings fans on here were all cheering and boasting that he took out his spleen the last time he went up against Norstrom. Now someone plays aggressive against us and it's all tears and *boo-hoos*. We are a physical team and we dish it, so you should expect to get some back, both clean and dirty.

*Note: That reference is something long ago and I'm not quite sure why that popped up in my mind, but to me, it was one of those times where it was clearly a dirty hit, Kings fans knew it, and Kings fans were utterly proud of it.

Quote:
You said ... "outside of Brown, Kopitar, and Richards, who would you rather have in your forward lineup over Doan or Backes" ... I gave you a pretty long list of guys that IMO I would take over them, and IF you mean Doan and/or Backes REPLACING one of Richards, Brown, Kopitar ... I don't think I would do that either. While I won't argue Doan and Backes are great players and would make the Kings a better team over say guys like King, Stoll, Richardson, Fraser, Nolan, etc. ... look who showed up in the Playoffs last round ... RICHARDS ... NOT your MR. BACKES.
I don't even know what you're talking about. Did you even read my post? And Backes didn't show up? Did you even watch the games?

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Every knowledgeable fan would love to have Backes on their team.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:38 PM
stlblues1226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
It was a great series and welcome aboard! Kind of a random comment, but I'd welcome Backes on the Kings anyday. The guy is a monster
Yes he is a monster, but he's our monster. Get your own!

Old
05-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Yes he is a monster, but he's our monster. Get your own!
http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocent...id=DL|LAK|home

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:22 PM
stlblues1226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post

Ok, so you already have one. Why do you want ours then?

Old
05-14-2012, 09:51 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:

What are you talking about? That's not what he said at all

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:07 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

I always look forward to JFTC's possession breakdowns... they have Game 1's up last night, which of course is the first breakdown of the Kings and Coyotes with their current rosters, since the Coyotes played all their regular season games with the Kings prior to the trade deadline.

Obviously we did well with the possession match-up 5 on 5, but I was surprised just how well... http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/20...ment-breakdown

That's pretty ridiculous. Look at L1 and L3! L4 is troubling though. I guarantee Tippet will elevate that line's ice time in game 2. That said, when your 4th line is your best line, you've got problems.

The best overall possession #'s of the postseason for the Kings so far.

Richards line did have a rough night overall though. nhlnumbers.com's breakdown tells that line by line story best: http://nhlnumbers.com/2012/5/14/king...coring-chances

"The only thing I would be a little concerned about if I was a Kings fan was the second line having a very poor game. The Kopitar combination did more than enough to make up for it, but Richards, Carter and Penner have to play a lot better than they did last night.

On a similar note, Keith Yandle and Derek Morris were technically Phoenix's best defense pairing, but a look at the head-to-head script shows that Dave Tippett kept them away from the Kopitar line and they were able to feast on the Richards line instead."

It didn't help that Carter just had a brain fart and stickhandled vs. depositing the puck in a wide open net in the 1st. I expect them to bounce back in game 2. Doan got to Richards last night and it shows.

Last edited by TonySCV: 05-14-2012 at 10:18 PM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Fishhead

Those are numbers I would expect. Teams are picking their poison, really. I wouldn't be surprised to see PHX play their top defenders against the 1st line next game, opening things up for the 2nd line.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:59 PM
jml87

I actually thought Richards had a good game. After that Doan hit he had an awesome assist on the Dwight King goal. Never felt like he was invisible out there. I thought it was less second line was bad and more the Doan line was good. And not to mention they matched them up mainly with Morris and Yandle. Whatever, that just opens up things for Kopitar's line more.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:12 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

It cracks me up watching the replay of the game in the third when Stoll went in on a shorthanded breakaway, ran into Smith, took Smith's goal stick and threw it across the ice.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:

Thanks man. That was super cool.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:24 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
It cracks me up watching the replay of the game in the third when Stoll went in on a shorthanded breakaway, ran into Smith, took Smith's goal stick and threw it across the ice.
I laughed so hard at the too. I wish I could hear what was said between them when that happened.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:48 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
And if Doan did that to Quick he'd be a *******. Just thought I'd stir the pot a bit

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:55 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

I fully got it by now.

Neutral commentators and no bias, but I still didn't like it.

Bob and Jim always gives you both sides and that is fine with me and they don't make up things. They tell it as it is and that is what I love about them.

Complaining? Yeah maybe I do but it is not like it is all I do.

I post when I have something I wonder about..my feelings and my take after a game it really is no reason for me to post that. Doesn't mean that I'm not happy with Kings accomplishments. I'm thrilled, excited and I could go on forever about how good it feels right now. Yeah I haven't been here since the dark ages but I saw what the Kings were going through since Kopi joined so I am experiencing something very special right now and I AM ENJOYING IT.

To the cup Kings and conquer that holy Graal.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:06 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
And if Doan did that to Quick he'd be a *******. Just thought I'd stir the pot a bit
Stoll really didn't even throw it, it kinda got dropped on his legs and when he got up it just got kicked away.

Also Doan is a reasonable cheap player (not Torres or old Cooke....then again who is? He is closer to Duncan Keith dirty imo), people just really don't know about it cause nobody would ever be caught watching a Yotes game. Its why Kopi and Quick are underrated.

And as to the person who thought Backes was good last series If making a few hits is all you expect out of your first line center, you've been a Kings fan for to long

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:20 AM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
PSP posts from time to time. tomd is the one missing. He must have converted to a flyers fan.
well...they're both wrong about the Kings this year. too bad they can't enjoy this run.

TruKingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
I like your style

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote