HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Devils @ Rangers ECF Game 1

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 155 76.35%
Derek Stepan 3 1.48%
Ryan Callahan 1 0.49%
Brad Richards 1 0.49%
Marian Gaborik 2 0.99%
Artem Anisimov 23 11.33%
Carl Hagelin 3 1.48%
Ruslan Fedotenko 2 0.99%
Brandon Prust 1 0.49%
Mike Rupp 1 0.49%
John Mitchell 1 0.49%
Ryan McDonagh 128 63.05%
Dan Girardi 58 28.57%
Marc Staal 16 7.88%
Michael Del Zotto 10 4.93%
Stu Bickel 0 0%
Anton Stralman 1 0.49%
Henrik Lundqvist 187 92.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-14-2012, 11:57 PM
fscuttle

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to fscuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I know it's only 1 game but am I the only one that wasn't THAT impressed with the Devils' forecheck. It was there 1 period out of 3 and they did nothing with it when they had it. The Sens' forecheck was much more potent, IMO.
I think the longer this series goes the weaker the Devils defensemen will get. One thing about the Rangers is they hit for 60 minutes.

fscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
He wears it during every game he calls, not just games for the Devils.
That makes it acceptable?!

I'm not following.

Again, it's small and doesn't affect the outcome, but IMHO you're working a national game. There's no room for it. Unprofessional.

especially when he didn't play for those teams, AND one of those teams are on the ice while he's calling the game.
Complete conflict of interest. It is anyway but flaunting it is absurd.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I know it's only 1 game but am I the only one that wasn't THAT impressed with the Devils' forecheck. It was there 1 period out of 3 and they did nothing with it when they had it. The Sens' forecheck was much more potent, IMO.
I agree....uh, so far. We shall see how they respond now.

Expect to witness more tortorous (sp?) spells of 90 seconds or more in our own zone.

it is what it is...

05-15-2012, 12:01 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
The Garden was a very relaxed/subdued, but fun environment through 2 periods tonight. It seemed like The Rangers just turned on another gear in the 3rd and the crowd responded.

Much different than a Game 7 of course but still a fun night at the game.

I actually got to take a short nap before going into the City because of the late start time.

devs will be tougher in Game 2...bet on it.
Me too. lol Definitely happy to come home and grab an hour of shut eye after work as I had an early AM start. Very happy about the 8pm start!

As for game 2 we need to play it like it's game 7. No more not backing up a strong effort as we've done in the recent past. We go up 2-0 and we are well on our way to the SCF.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrcup94 View Post
Hey guys, I rarely post, but I found this quote from one of the posters on the Devils board. Quite interesting :-) Talk about your rose colored glasses!

"Come on guys, nobody panic. What I saw was a Ranger team get outplayed for 45+ minutes by a very rusty Devils team, get one lucky goal and hang on to win. That's not going to cut it in a seven game series. There were so many little things we were doing wrong tonight, that we have a lot of room for improvement. I honestly don't think the Rangers can elevate their game much beyond what they did tonight, though. They looked tired.

Our guys were only playing at about 80-85% of the pace we played against Philly, IMO. Passes weren't crisp. Plays were made late. Shots weren't on target. The PP blew. All these things can and will be improved.

At the same time, we shut down Richards and Gaborik, shut down the Rangers PP, and started to show that our forecheck can dominate this team too. Marty looked 10 years younger tonight.

If we keep increasing the tempo, eventually the Rangers will break. What I saw tonight told me this series is the Devils' to lose. "

Devils fans just dont get it. They keep bringing uo Florida and Philly. first of all they barely beat Florida kudos to them but the panthers had every oppurtunity to eliminate the devils. Also Philly played one of the wprst playoff series from a team that i have seen. they played no defense and their goalie was so bad that my sister could have done a better job. The rangers play good defense,block shots, and have a great goalie. i mean the caps would have done the same thing to jersey

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Archaeologist View Post
"They're hot. They're blocking pucks. Hopefully we'll be able to hurt a few guys getting one-timers in the foot or their head or something."
- Martin Brodeur

https://twitter.com/#!/ledger_njdevils
Good god.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:04 AM
fitchjr1

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrcup94 View Post
Hey guys, I rarely post, but I found this quote from one of the posters on the Devils board. Quite interesting :-) Talk about your rose colored glasses!

"Come on guys, nobody panic. What I saw was a Ranger team get outplayed for 45+ minutes by a very rusty Devils team, get one lucky goal and hang on to win. That's not going to cut it in a seven game series. There were so many little things we were doing wrong tonight, that we have a lot of room for improvement. I honestly don't think the Rangers can elevate their game much beyond what they did tonight, though. They looked tired.

Our guys were only playing at about 80-85% of the pace we played against Philly, IMO. Passes weren't crisp. Plays were made late. Shots weren't on target. The PP blew. All these things can and will be improved.

At the same time, we shut down Richards and Gaborik, shut down the Rangers PP, and started to show that our forecheck can dominate this team too. Marty looked 10 years younger tonight.

If we keep increasing the tempo, eventually the Rangers will break. What I saw tonight told me this series is the Devils' to lose. "
How can you call it shutting down a PP, when your penalty kill is 75% for the game?

fitchjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:05 AM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Richards with 2 ***** in under 21 minutes of ice time.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:05 AM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yep, let's hope our shots hit guys in the head, injuring them! That will teach them to block shots...

What a dirt bag. Typically Marty!
Stay classy Uncle Daddy.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post

Explains why he was trying to get rid of the puck so quick. Man's gotta go.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:

wow, did they REALLY make that typo?

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Cmox

Man, c'mon Marty, say how you really feel. Don't hold in your feelings. </sarcasm>

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:21 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Marty never fails to exude the butthurt after a loss to the Rangers. The guy is such an awful sore loser.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 3000
Quote:

LMFAO awesome.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Fanned On It

1st period was standard hockey... 2nd period was crappy on our part... 3rd period we came off the block HARD AS HELL and ran the show. That's what I like to see! Now let's try to get a full 60 minutes like that and we'd obviously be unbeatable.

My three stars are this, in this order:

1. Hank
2. Kreider
3. McD (his back-check on Parise was epic, as well as his defensive effort as a whole)

I do have to say one thing though... What was up with Danny G trying to force that stretch pass on the power-play? He clearly had a closer option at the point on his right. I suppose it was just trying to do too much and not making the simple play. Although it was a dangerous situation, I was actually happy to see him get back to the bench PISSED OFF and slam the door. It really showed his emotion and that he recognized how bad that situation could've been.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:45 AM
smoneil

The NJ HF Boards fanbase in a nutshell:

Before game 1:
"We're going to dominate! The Rangers are tired after going to game 7, while the Devs are well-rested. Key to victory!"

After game 1:
"Nothing to worry about. The Rangers didn't have a layoff, so they were still in a rhythm. The Devils couldn't play hockey for five days, so they were rusty."

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:47 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Someone has to check the newspaper and see if the quote is in it.
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...e_sacrifi.html

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Same guy who said it last time continues to spit out the notion that we tank our way to victory. I still have no clue what that means. We aren't actually playing hockey apparently.

Old
05-15-2012, 12:57 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post

Before game 1:
"We're going to dominate! The Rangers are tired after going to game 7, while the Devs are well-rested. Key to victory!"

After game 1:
"Nothing to worry about. The Rangers didn't have a layoff, so they were still in a rhythm. The Devils couldn't play hockey for five days, so they were rusty."
which is pretty funny considering the devils looked great for the first 40 minutes and the rangers didn't start to find their legs or get the rust off till the timeout

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:02 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Folks,

Please do not copy and paste quotes from people on the Devils board. Let them say what they want -- we won the game and that's all that really matters. Just refrain from going there in the first place.

Last edited by BlueShirts88: 05-15-2012 at 01:13 AM.
BlueShirts88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Folks,

Please do not copy and paste quotes from people on the Devils board. Let them say what they want -- we won the game and that's all that really matters. Just refrain from going there in the first place.
That was on the main board though. Still against the rules? If so, sorry about that.

Old
05-15-2012, 01:07 AM
McDunna with Fries

Was anyone else really surprised at how few Devils fans showed up? Not being sarcastic by the way. I think the NJ fans BARELY outnumbered the game 7 caps fans.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:12 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
Was anyone else really surprised at how few Devils fans showed up? Not being sarcastic by the way. I think the NJ fans BARELY outnumbered the game 7 caps fans.
Very few Devil fans. Considering the two teams are only separated by 6 miles, I found it very surprising I didn't see more. I guess they don't like to travel

BlueShirts88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:17 AM
Wyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post

Before game 1:

After game 1:
That isn't too bad for the Devils board tbh. Usually they're ready to jump off a cliff after a loss, never-mind to the Rangers.

Anyways, Just stopping by to say that it was a great game 1, and you guys made the most of your chances. I'm sure you'll get some accusations about Kreider's goal due to the DoG penalty that could have potentially been called on Del Zotto, but that's hockey. I was impressed with the Rangers the 3rd period. Your guys stepped up when they needed to.

Looking forward to game 2.

Wyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:36 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Just finished the game because I was on a plane (sinus infection on an airplane is a deathwish. I almost started crying on the descent ).

Good game, once again a rock solid 3rd period. Our 2nd period was bad, but regardless that was one of the most boring periods of hockey I've ever seen.

Prust had an amazing game, Callahan has to be injured because he flat out kills any offensive life.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote