HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils @ Rangers ECF Game 1

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 155 76.35%
Derek Stepan 3 1.48%
Ryan Callahan 1 0.49%
Brad Richards 1 0.49%
Marian Gaborik 2 0.99%
Artem Anisimov 23 11.33%
Carl Hagelin 3 1.48%
Ruslan Fedotenko 2 0.99%
Brandon Prust 1 0.49%
Mike Rupp 1 0.49%
John Mitchell 1 0.49%
Ryan McDonagh 128 63.05%
Dan Girardi 58 28.57%
Marc Staal 16 7.88%
Michael Del Zotto 10 4.93%
Stu Bickel 0 0%
Anton Stralman 1 0.49%
Henrik Lundqvist 187 92.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
This game was like the Rangers-Flyers games from this season. Philly would come hard but Henrik was there to make the key stops. The Rangers would come hard,the opposing goalie couldn't make the key stops.

The Rangers had much more open room last night than they saw against Washington. The Caps played like the Rangers. Holtby was there for the key stops.

The Rangers have played their two worst games in games 2s. Torts has to drill it into their heads about coming out strong in game 2. Carkner attacked Boyle and the Rangers looked lost on the 5 minute major. The Rangers went down 2-0 to the Caps on two stupid breakdowns. They battle back to tie up the game but take two stupid penalties. The Boyle offensive zone penalty and the Richards grabbing Carlson penalty.

If they want another long series,lose game 2.

Take care of business and win game 2. There is a two day break between game 2 and game 3. The Rangers will have the day off on Thursday. Return to the ice on Friday.

Win game 2.
The Rangers may not have been great against the Sens in game 2, but they were up with 5 minutes left in that game. Sure it was playing with fire but they could have and should have won it.

Game 2 vs. Caps was clearly the Caps game though. imo

Other than that I agree, there was a lot more room than either of the 2 prior series. The Caps/Sens were flat out faster teams. Well at least looked like it after last night.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:44 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Devils fans seem intimidated from what I have seen. They know this aint a soft defense and that it damn sure is not Bryzgalov in the net
Most of them don't see the difference between the Flyers and the Rangers. One didn't play defense and a ****** goalie, and one is a complete team. Then they counter with "but, but, Bryz was the Flyers best player!" That's not saying much.

We forechecked them to death, brah!

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:45 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Let's not get over confident now. The Rangers won game 1 in the Ottawa and Washington series and then lost game 2. Game 2 is key.
Exactly. Game 2 is a HUGE important swing game. In my opinion, it will decide how the series plays out. We need to win it, and go up 2-0 going into the Prudential Center. We own that place, and Henrik ALWAYS plays great there. The lighting is ideal for goaltenders, and the ice is great as well.

This can be a series that if played right, (and well) by the Rangers can be over in less than 7 games.

Devils will come extra hard on Wednesday, they know they can't go down 2-0 heading into their own building because their is no home ice advantage to them during this series.

Come out hard, strike early, strike often. Marty is not the goalie he once was, and is much easier to beat than Anderson/Holtby from the first two rounds.

This is our series.

This is our season.

Let's ****ing go.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Dorado*

Fat Uncledaddy and the Debs are not going away easy . What I think the Deb fans need to realize is that our top 4 D and FW commitment to playing selfless and systematic is not the same as rolling the Flyers and barely escaping a one line team in the Cats .
Fat Uncledadddy is still capable of stealing a game and they do have some good depth . Where the NYR lack speed in a few forwards ( bottom 6 mainly ) they mAke up in guts and intelligence .
Love to get game 2 . Scoring first goal really seems to have settled NYR in last 2 games only difference is one was in 1 ST minute Nd other took until early in 3rd .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:53 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Henrik is not Theodore,Clemmenson or Bryzgalov. Bobby Holik thought Marty was "ordinary" last night. Holik has a blog. Anderson and Holtby were not "ordinary". The Flyers are not the Rangers. The Flyers don't compete and defend.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:59 AM
beastly115

LOL Ok, now I've heard it all.

Some Devils fans are claiming that MSG makes the ice surface crappy on purpose to give the Rangers an edge. Hahahah. I can't make this stuff up.

Get your tin foil hats out!

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Watched the EN goal again... It's amazing how many Devils flat out quit on the play.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:13 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post

Some Devils fans are claiming that MSG makes the ice surface crappy on purpose to give the Rangers an edge. Hahahah. I can't make this stuff up.

It's clearly the reason McDonagh was able to catch both Parise and Kovalchuk from behind on their breakaways. My friend's college roomate's sister is like bff's with Caz Marques's lawyer's niece and I heard that they use some space age skate blades from NASA that are faster on bad ice and you can even use on asphalt.

Dolan spares no expense!!!

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Ail
k.

Game two will be huge.

Also to be fair, that DZ non-call was one of the worst of the playoffs. Would be completely homer to suggest otherwise.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:32 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:

Seriously.

Some people just need an excuse. Take the loss like a man... Can't win every game.

Yea you know, since Rangers would like to have choppy ice to play on. Please...

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:40 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMMV View Post
Seriously.

Some people just need an excuse. Take the loss like a man... Can't win every game.

MSG ice has been crappy for years, and as someone pointed out earlier somehow the Debbies fans never complained when they beat us year after year.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:41 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Game two will be huge.

Also to be fair, that DZ non-call was one of the worst of the playoffs. Would be completely homer to suggest otherwise.
While it was certainly a penalty, it didn't really have any impact on play. If I recall correctly, the Devil player wasn't even trying to play the puck at the moment MDZ closed his hand over it, and he then he moved it pretty quickly. A penalty? Yeah, if you go by the book it was a penalty, but it had no impact on play. I wouldn't want to see that called on either team.

Plus, Washington got away with covering the puck with their hands several times, so this is just payback.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
The irony in all this is amazing. I've been sympathizing with Devils fans because Hank is being discredited because of the "6 Goalie System" and vice versa like Brodeur and the Trap. In the same breath, it is mainly Devils fans who are complaining about the system despite their past and we are lauding it despite all those years of frustration.

It's like a really bad M. Night Shyamalan movie.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:47 AM
nyrage

Quote:

I used to get irritated by teams/fans not giving us respect, but I'm past that now. I'm really enjoying their bitterness and immense butt-hurt. The excuses are hysterical.

nyrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:52 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

[QUOTE=Skrimpy;49721767]Dude, I was taking a shot at the Devils fans complaining that NY traps and blocks shots. I mean come on! If you feel you can take the hit are you going to let Kovelchuk wind up and blast one? No. They talk like playing good D and blocking shots is bad hockey. I disagree. Standing 3 fs and a d man up at the red and blue lines and clutching and grabbing your way to 3 cups is bad hockey. In fact I happen to find the shot blocking a very exciting part to their game. There was a 7 minute stretch at the end of one of the ott wins I was on the edge of my seat watching them block shots, sacrifice body parts and goaltending their way to a victory. Seven minutes of heart attack hockey! Nothing more exciting than that![/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Shot blocking is paramount to the Rangers success.

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:59 AM
DeadPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrage View Post
I used to get irritated by teams/fans not giving us respect, but I'm past that now. I'm really enjoying their bitterness and immense butt-hurt. The excuses are hysterical.
I'm enjoying it too. The list is getting longer.

Bad Ice, DZ Hand Pass, Six Goalies, Torts Attitude, Smoke Cannons, Stick Salute, The Refs, The bump to Brodeur, and now the lighting in the Garden..

DeadPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:00 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Henrik is not Theodore,Clemmenson or Bryzgalov. Bobby Holik thought Marty was "ordinary" last night. Holik has a blog. Anderson and Holtby were not "ordinary". The Flyers are not the Rangers. The Flyers don't compete and defend.

Is that what that POS is doing now? What a waste he was.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:02 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:

I guess they don't know that the NHL has an independent ice guru, who checks the ice before a game.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Dorado*

Fat Uncledaddy and the Debs are not going away easy . What I think the Deb fans need to realize is that our top 4 D and FW commitment to playing selfless and systematic is not the same as rolling the Flyers and barely escaping a one line team in the Cats .
Fat Uncledadddy is still capable of stealing a game and they do have some good depth . Where the NYR lack speed in a few forwards ( bottom 6 mainly ) they mAke up in guts and intelligence .
Love to get game 2 . Scoring first goal really seems to have settled NYR in last 2 games only difference is one was in 1 ST minute Nd other took until early in 3rd .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:05 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMMV View Post
Seriously.

A lesson that could be learned for this fanbase as well. Although its quite comical that Debbie followers are crying, we as Ranger fans would do the same thing.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:26 AM
ncmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
What a classless POS.
always has been, always will be.

ncmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:26 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
-I thought Girardi had a subpar game up until the goal. Perhaps I am just use to him playing at such a high level and I am spoiled.
Pretty much agreed with everything you said. ^This though...on one hand we are spoiled, and even though Girardi was meh in his own end I was willing to give him a free pass last night because of how incredibly solid he has been all year.

Then he goes and gets himself two points.

I don't anticipate a game like that from him again for a while.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:41 AM
gartner2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG View Post
A lesson that could be learned for this fanbase as well. Although its quite comical that Debbie followers are crying, we as Ranger fans would do the same thing.
the hypocrisy and irony of this series (on both sides) is immeasurable lol

gartner2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:45 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gartner2012 View Post
the hypocrisy and irony of this series (on both sides) is immeasurable lol

Indeed.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:45 AM
NYROrtsFan

Pretty horrible that Brodeur would say that...

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote