HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Denmark

Old
05-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Well i think that since Denmark was close to winning against the czech, so will Lativia, Germany and Norway also be able to do. The question is will they, or can the czech continue to win narrow games? Norway only lost 3-1 to a NHL packed swedish team, and Finland only beat Belarus with 1-0. There is going to be some exciting very close matches.
One thing is certain though. A win over Italy is a total must for Denmark. Anyone loosing points to Italy bring a whole world of touble on themselves if they want a quarterfinal.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:51 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Why is Bjarke Möller on the team? Very strange.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Why is Bjarke Möller on the team? Very strange.
It's because of the migraine of Mads Christensen and the suspension of Jannik Hansen that made havoc to our wing setup. He was supposed to just be a 4'th line alternate i think. But denmark has no depth if the best players are out.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:41 AM
danishdynamite

After the first 3 matches it's time for a little evaluation.

The conclusion is clear: The coach has been absolutely terrible. His lines are crazy, his defence is naive and he has not been able to get the players to perform consistantly.

I would much prefer an Olaf Eller (Danisk coach/commentator) to coach this team - I don't think anyone could do it worse actually.

If the coach doesn't make some major changes in the line-up and we continue to play like this, then he has to be fired after this WC.

Eller suggested these lines before the match against Sweden:

Starkov - Nielsen - Hansen
Hardt - Eller - Jensen
Madsen - Green - Jakobsen

I think that would be some nice balanced lines. Backmans 1. line is not working at all. They were terrible yesterday, and when the coach doesn't change it, he is responsible for the lack of results.

If our "comeback" against Sweden means, that he will keep his lines, then it would have been better to loose 10-1.
We have the material to play with any nation - at the moment our coach is loosing the games for us.

danishdynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishdynamite View Post
After the first 3 matches it's time for a little evaluation. The conclusion is clear: The coach has been absolutely terrible. His lines are crazy, his defence is naive and he has not been able to get the players to perform consistantly.
I would much prefer an Olaf Eller (Danisk coach/commentator) to coach this team - I don't think anyone could do it worse actually.
If the coach doesn't make some major changes in the line-up and we continue to play like this, then he has to be fired after this WC.
Eller suggested these lines before the match against Sweden:

Starkov - Nielsen - Hansen
Hardt - Eller - Jensen
Madsen - Green - Jakobsen

I think that would be some nice balanced lines. Backmans 1. line is not working at all. They were terrible yesterday, and when the coach doesn't change it, he is responsible for the lack of results.
If our "comeback" against Sweden means, that he will keep his lines, then it would have been better to loose 10-1.
We have the material to play with any nation - at the moment our coach is loosing the games for us.
After these 3 games I have to agree. I've been a great fan of Bäckman, but I agree something is completely wrong for this WC. "Everyone" in Montreal and Denmark can see that Eller is misplaced on the wing. He should totally play center on the second line. Backpairs has also been awful, whether it can be changed for the better or we simply lack depth here only time will tell. Your idea of Starkov on the first line is very interesting. He has been surprinsingly better than expected offensively (though he still sucks in defence), but playing with both Nielsen and Hansen should counter that defect for the team. You manage here IMP to still rooster three good and balanced lines. Jacobsen has been great but if he just could put in his mega-chances against both Italy and Sweden. Jesper Jensen has truly been the most surprising player so far for Denmark - what a steal for Karlskrona.

Last edited by Justinov: 05-10-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old
05-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
I agree with most of your arguments danishdynamite, however he will not be fired no matter what. We have the oplympic qualification coming up, and the DIU wont gamble now. Which is the right call.

Quote:
I was thinking the EXACT same thing. He will probably use this as a proof of his "fantastic" 1st line, which was able to turn it around, after being benched in the 2nd period.

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:14 AM
danishdynamite

Flyers are out, and Lauridsen available. I really want to see him on the team. We badly need som physical players.

But with this coach we got... we will probably not see him..

Old
05-09-2012, 05:19 AM
danishdynamite

Just when you think the coaching cannot be worse, Bäckman manages to take the stupidity to a new level..

New 1. line : Hansen - Nielsen - Eller

First of all Eller needs to be C!!

Second all the other lines are f***ed

I will say there is 5 % chance that this turns out well..

Old
05-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Flyers are out, and Lauridsen available. I really want to see him on the team. We badly need som physical players.

But with this coach we got... we will probably not see him..
I agree that the danish team not more physicality, but i don't know if Lauridsen is ready for a WC yet. His frame is perfect for NHL, but maybe he still need to work on his scating for being good on a big rink. Then again he seems to have done well defensively for Adirondack Phantoms in AHL and with the defensive game so far in the Italy match and the first two periods of the swedish match, it hardly can get any worse. Overall with pros and cons I'm for bringing him in.

Old
05-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Just when you think the coaching cannot be worse, Bäckman manages to take the stupidity to a new level..

New 1. line : Hansen - Nielsen - Eller

First of all Eller needs to be C!!

Second all the other lines are f***ed

I will say there is 5 % chance that this turns out well..
So instead of spreading our stars on our 3 first forward lines, he brings them all on the first. Taking Hardt out and putting Hansen. I think Bäckman must be stubborn. He probably have noticed a lot of people complain about not having Eller on the wing and he want's to show that he is right anyway.

Last edited by Justinov: 05-10-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old
05-10-2012, 07:27 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
It's because of the migraine of Mads Christensen and the suspension of Jannik Hansen that made havoc to our wing setup. He was supposed to just be a 4'th line alternate i think. But denmark has no depth if the best players are out.

So what? He is NOT good enough to play in WC.

Andreasen
Beyer Carlsen
Bau Hansen
Degn
Dresler
Lasse Lassen
Spelling
Smidt
Staal
Meyer
Kjærgaard
Karvinen
Bjorkstrand brothers

All these guys are better then him.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
So what? He is NOT good enough to play in WC.

Andreasen
Beyer Carlsen
Bau Hansen
Degn
Dresler
Lasse Lassen
Spelling
Smidt
Staal
Meyer
Kjærgaard
Karvinen
Bjorkstrand brothers
All these guys are better then him.
I totally agree - of the golden oldies Degn & Dresler declined invitations & Staal didn't have a very good year. But Spelling he should definitely have been included!

Old
05-15-2012, 09:51 AM
danishdynamite

Quote:
Denmark beat Italy 4-2, but I think it looks very bad.

The Danish coach is probably the only one, who cannot see that his 2.line is a total disaster. Granted - they only played together 1 game, but there's no way Jannik Hansen can carry that line.
Eller as 2. C is the only thing that makes sense, but unfortunately it's not going to happen.

And Eller is so misplaced on the wing... and I could go on and on..

The only good thing is that my expectations are very low at the moment, so they can only surprise. The QF are far away, I think.
Unfortunately I was right.

The first line was terrible in terms of goalscoring. They got two lucky deflections from Eller and some PP-goals against Sweden after they stopped playing.

Jakobsen and Hardt never found their game - huge disappointments. The same can be said for Andersen, F. Nielsen, Larsen.

Bright spots were Storm, Starkov and S. Nielsen.

In terms of expectations I think our 4. line were the best seen over all 7 games. Nobody on D really stood out.

I hope Backman will retire soon, and that we somehow find a way to beat Belarus and Slovenia for the OGQ..

Old
05-15-2012, 09:58 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Bäckman has done LOTS for danish hockey, but now they need someone else to further their hockey team IMO. A Jursinov or maybe even Summanen could do wonders for Denmark..

Last edited by mattihp: 05-15-2012 at 10:05 AM.
mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Unfortunately I was right.

The first line was terrible in terms of goalscoring. They got two lucky deflections from Eller and some PP-goals against Sweden after they stopped playing.

Jakobsen and Hardt never found their game - huge disappointments. The same can be said for Andersen, F. Nielsen, Larsen.

Bright spots were Storm, Starkov and S. Nielsen.

In terms of expectations I think our 4. line were the best seen over all 7 games. Nobody on D really stood out.

I hope Backman will retire soon, and that we somehow find a way to beat Belarus and Slovenia for the OGQ..
Bäckman might have thought the having 4 HNL players would change everything for Denmark and concentrated his lines. He forgot in this extended group play that having many competative lines becomes much more important on a tight schedule than in the old 4 team groups where 1 win generally made you avoid relegation.
Both Denmark, Latvia and Germany has cracked during this tight format because they started in the first 3-4 matches in having played with huge amount of playing time and responsibility (mentally taxing) to their first couple of lines.
Norway hasn't but it more to intoxication over their big wins (I bet they are equally tired).
The question of Bäckman's mistake is NOT only playing Eller on the wing, but ESPECIALLY not making sure more lines became reasonably competable.

But i agree a lot of the players underwhelmed this WC.
Starkov surprised me positively (but i started from a negative stance). Both Jesper Jensens were positive (but still made some mistakes) and Simon Nielsen was brilliant in 1 match (small sample). Green scored important goals but also made huge mistakes. But I had expected much more from the 4 NHL'ers, Hardt and Andersen.
When so many players play worse than expected, then it's natural to ask that either something is bad in the line-ups, the mental preperations, or in the strategy - all in the domain of the coach.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:36 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Bäckman might have thought the having 4 HNL players would change everything for Denmark and concentrated his lines. He forgot in this extended group play that having many competative lines becomes much more important on a tight schedule than in the old 4 team groups where 1 win generally made you avoid relegation.
Both Denmark, Latvia and Germany has cracked during this tight format because they started in the first 3-4 matches in having played with huge amount of playing time and responsibility (mentally taxing) to their first couple of lines.
Norway hasn't but it more to intoxication over their big wins (I bet they are equally tired).
The question of Bäckman's mistake is NOT only playing Eller on the wing, but ESPECIALLY not making sure more lines became reasonably competable.

But i agree a lot of the players underwhelmed this WC.
Starkov surprised me positively (but i started from a negative stance). Both Jesper Jensens were positive (but still made some mistakes) and Simon Nielsen was brilliant in 1 match (small sample). Green scored important goals but also made huge mistakes. But I had expected much more from the 4 NHL'ers, Hardt and Andersen.
When so many players play worse than expected, then it's natural to ask that either something is bad in the line-ups, the mental preperations, or in the strategy - all in the domain of the coach.
So what is your explanation for the unimpressing performance by the teams leaders?We back here in latvia have similar problem.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
So what is your explanation for the unimpressing performance by the teams leaders?We back here in latvia have similar problem.
Both Frans Nielsen and M. Redlihs was clearly overtaxed in the beginning.

Our first game against the czech and yours against the russians.....fantastic play by our teams. Again was it that smart to burn our lead players both physically and mentally for really total unimportant matches?
Smart: Denmark's first 4 matches....save energy against Czech - Full mental concentration for Italy game - save energy against Sweden and Russia.
Last three matches....use the conserved energy against Germany, Latvia and Norway.

Reality: But we burned out energy against czechs...total NOT mentally prepared for italy (underestimating them), blowing up more energy for comebacks on both 3'rd periods of already lost games against Sweden and Russia.....
No energy left for Germany, Latvia, Norway games.

Latvia did absolutely the same thing, as I wrote on your Latvian forum......we simply thought as selfproclaimed QF candidates that we were better than we are......(I mean having depth to be a contender over 7 matches and then playoffs).

Old
05-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Justinov

And if we complain in Latvia and Denmark...just see poor Germany right now....
Ok with luck they won 2-1 over Denmark (both tired teams but Denmark should have won it).
But lost 12-4 to Norway and is behind 8-1 to Czech currently.......they are being humiliated and that is not with this team deserves.
All because of physical and mental burnout!

Old
05-15-2012, 11:40 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
And if we complain in Latvia and Denmark...just see poor Germany right now....
Ok with luck they won 2-1 over Denmark (both tired teams but Denmark should have won it).
But lost 12-4 to Norway and is behind 8-1 to Czech currently.......they are being humiliated and that is not with this team deserves.
All because of physical and mental burnout!
Yeah germans were getting destroyed.. but yes i agree with most of your points that you have made.

Old
05-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Yeah germans were getting destroyed.. but yes i agree with most of your points that you have made.
Any points you dont agree with??

Old
05-15-2012, 12:43 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Any points you dont agree with??
Oh no no bad phrasing of words but our "average" latvian fan would heavily disagree with you because they think that M.Redlihs and Sprukts don`t show their full game because of the new juicy contracts theyve got and they just don`t have motivation and willingness to fight for their country and thats its all in their heads.
Btw weve got some interesting lines for today especially the first one Indrasis-Sprukts-Kenins,Mikelis has been moved to 3d line.

Old
05-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Oh no no bad phrasing of words but our "average" latvian fan would heavily disagree with you because they think that M.Redlihs and Sprukts don`t show their full game because of the new juicy contracts theyve got and they just don`t have motivation and willingness to fight for their country and thats its all in their heads.
Btw weve got some interesting lines for today especially the first one Indrasis-Sprukts-Kenins,Mikelis has been moved to 3d line.
well i don't think most players like to be humiliated just because they got a juicy contract. Again I think they both played very well at the beginning at the tournament, though Redlihs stands much more out. If they really didn't care about Latvia's hockey team they wouldn't be there in the first place or would have left because of some injury excuse. They are still here and if Redlihs accept playing on the 3rd line - then you certainly have the proof he is not a primadomma player at all - but a "redelig/honest" guy! So the "average latvian fan" thinks the worse pay you get, the better player you are for the national team?? They must really hate latvian NHL players then

Last edited by Justinov: 05-15-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old
05-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Justinov

Anyway no danish fan I have ever meet blame the bad playing of our NHL players on their juicy contracts.....so far it's coaching that is blamed.
All danish players love to come playing for the national team and are very motivated to do so. Both Jannik Hansen after Vancouver surprisingly went out...right on the plane.
Mikkel Bødker even said in advance he would be on the plane of Phoenix lost to Nashville.

I don't know how Latvian players give rapports to the press, but maybe it has become some kind of "bad excuse" the press use everytime success eludes the Latvian team.
Actually in USA: The more you are better paid the better you are.
Communist style: The more you are paid the less you care about "the people".
Danish style: Doesn't matter how much you are paid.....Denmark matters!
So maybe you really need to find your inner horse! Make it run no matter how much the hay cost!

Old
05-15-2012, 01:45 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Anyway no danish fan I have ever meet blame the bad playing of our NHL players on their juicy contracts.....so far it's coaching that is blamed.
All danish players love to come playing for the national team and are very motivated to do so. Both Jannik Hansen after Vancouver surprisingly went out...right on the plane.
Mikkel Bødker even said in advance he would be on the plane of Phoenix lost to Nashville.

I don't know how Latvian players give rapports to the press, but maybe it has become some kind of "bad excuse" the press use everytime success eludes the Latvian team.
Actually in USA: The more you are better paid the better you are.
Communist style: The more you are paid the less you care about "the people".
Danish style: Doesn't matter how much you are paid.....Denmark matters!
So maybe you really need to find your inner horse! Make it run no matter how much the hay cost!
What these fans mean that our players are so arrogant and full of themselves that they just play on only 80% which is actually quite stupid to think

Old
05-15-2012, 01:48 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
well i don't think most players like to be humiliated just because they got a juicy contract. Again I think they both played very well at the beginning at the tournament, though Redlihs stands much more out. If they really didn't care about Latvia's hockey team they wouldn't be there in the first place or would have left because of some injury excuse. They are still here and if Redlihs accept playing on the 3rd line - then you certainly have the proof he is not a primadomma player at all - but a "redelig/honest" guy! So the "average latvian fan" thinks the worse pay you get, the better player you are for the national team?? They must really hate latvian NHL players then
Well yes,basically this,they think when they are payed low salaries that they have something to prove to some khl or european clubs and that it makes them play 110%