HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montoya for Staal?

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Khelvan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen
And if I don't fit the criteria here for judging relative abilities of players I'll have to live with that. You are free to disagree and even tell me that my logic is faulty but whether or not I get accepted in the community isn't of paramount importance. One doesn't always have to follow a group mindset. I am every bit as confident in my abilities to appraise hockey talent as anyone else here. Whether you or anyone else agrees doesn't matter to me, nor should it matter to you.
Was this directed at me? I never challenged your assessment of Montoya's value, only your inability or unwillingness to support such an assessment. People disagree here all the time. However, asking for you to support your argument has absolutely nothing to do with Hockey's Future, and everything to do with an understanding of how people rationally debate different positions. No matter what we're talking about, whether it be hockey, politics, or history, if you can't or won't support your own arguments you won't be taken seriously.

Now you can brush that off as "group mentality" if you like, but that won't serve you well anywhere, not just here. I don't see why that is such a difficult concept.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:25 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan
Was this directed at me? I never challenged your assessment of Montoya's value, only your inability or unwillingness to support such an assessment. People disagree here all the time. However, asking for you to support your argument has absolutely nothing to do with Hockey's Future, and everything to do with an understanding of how people rationally debate different positions. No matter what we're talking about, whether it be hockey, politics, or history, if you can't or won't support your own arguments you won't be taken seriously.

Now you can brush that off as "group mentality" if you like, but that won't serve you well anywhere, not just here. I don't see why that is such a difficult concept.
That was a tad pompous but many here have complained about some of my comments so now it is my turn to ridicule a comment directed at me. Two way street.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:18 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen
That was a tad pompous but many here have complained about some of my comments so now it is my turn to ridicule a comment directed at me. Two way street.
Honestly, I am not sure why I bothered explaining it to you. You are either being deliberately obtuse, or simply lack the capability to understand what is being said to you. Your responses basically boil down to "I either don't have a clue what I'm talking about, or don't have a clue how to present an argument, but anyway let me completely avoid the issue."

Even now you won't present anything resembling a supported argument, but instead resort to ridicule toward someone who offered you nothing of the sort.

Last edited by Khelvan: 03-24-2006 at 02:48 AM.
Closed Thread