HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So are Rangers fans going to invade Prudential Center? (NJD PR Starts Anti-NYR Promo)

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2012, 01:44 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

vCash: 500
Really sad showing by Devils fans at the garden last night...there were more caps fans last round than Devils fans last night. (Not complaining)

Old
05-15-2012, 01:49 PM
HAPPY HOUR

How many Deb fans were there last night??. Didn't hear them at all..

Oh wait... I know why..LOL

Old
05-15-2012, 01:59 PM
dfine06

Really Devils Marketing?

Did anyone see this?

http://deadspin.com/5910473/devils-l...-fans-campaign

Really devils. You should be happy we go there and fill up your arena with people who like hockey. That place would be half empty without us.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:06 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttacallytime View Post
Really sad showing by Devils fans at the garden last night...there were more caps fans last round than Devils fans last night. (Not complaining)
Exactly! That's what I said in the post-game thread last night. Not that I was surprised, but I definitely thought I'd see more NJ fans.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:08 PM
nyrfan1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfine06 View Post
Did anyone see this?

Really devils. You should be happy we go there and fill up your arena with people who like hockey. That place would be half empty without us.
"Curiously missing from the list is a plea to fans to actually use their tickets to go to the games, instead of selling them for a profit."

LOLZ

Old
05-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
"Curiously missing from the list is a plea to fans to actually use their tickets to go to the games, instead of selling them for a profit."

LOLZ
The real question is whether or not the organization is actually trying to put more Devils fans in the seats, or if they're simply jealous that their fans can turn a profit when they cannot.

I kid... I kid...

Old
05-15-2012, 02:30 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
I couldn't help myself...

Old
05-15-2012, 02:40 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
I couldn't help myself...

hehe

Old
05-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Did anyone see this?

Thanks for helping us fill our arena in the first two rounds, didn't realize there were so many Ranger fans at the games.

05-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Czech Trio
from jersey

Quote:
Did anyone see this?

Haha. The Devils can fill their arena come playoff time by themselves easily.

I would like people to stop making these assumptions that Devils only get sellouts vs. NY in the playoffs because of Ranger fans. It is false. You see a lot of Ranger fans there because...well...it just as easy for most Ranger fans to see a Devil game than Devil fans themselves.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Trio View Post

I would like people to stop making these assumptions that Devils only get sellouts vs. NY in the playoffs because of Ranger fans. It is false. You see a lot of Ranger fans there because...well...it just as easy for most Ranger fans to see a Devil game than Devil fans themselves.
Where were these fans before the playoffs? It looked like a library during some regular season games.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Czech Trio
from jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Where were these fans before the playoffs? It looked like a library during some regular season games.
I will be honest, with the Devil ticket prices we don't sellout every game. Also because we don't have the biggest fanbase in the NHL. We play in between to huge sports cities that had hockey teams established for many many years before the Devils came.

Also, I wonder how many "fans" at the Ranger games are actual fans and not corporate people. I see a lot of people is suits and what not.

Not every team can call New York their home. NY has a bigger fanbase than NJ because of history and where they play.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Does it really make you guys feel better taking shots at other fanbases? Great, you guys have more fans than us, does it make you as a fan anymore special or me any less?

Old
05-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Petey Pucks

Quote:

wait...it's just as easy for rangers fans to see their team in the prudential center as it is for devils fans to see their team there?....that makes absolutely no sense at all....explain the bad turn out of devils fans at MSG?...yeah we know your fanbase is tiny and thats the reason....

Old
05-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Petey Pucks

Quote:
I will be honest, with the Devil ticket prices we don't sellout every game. Also because we don't have the biggest fanbase in the NHL. We play in between to huge sports cities that had hockey teams established for many many years before the Devils came.

Also, I wonder how many "fans" at the Ranger games are actual fans and not corporate people. I see a lot of people is suits and what not.

Not every team can call New York their home. NY has a bigger fanbase than NJ because of history and where they play.

you guys have had 30 years now to build your fan base...if you haven't built a decent size one by now you never will

Old
05-15-2012, 02:58 PM
EEDAWGZ

Even when the debs were winning cups there were tons of empty seats

Old
05-15-2012, 03:00 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
Does it really make you guys feel better taking shots at other fanbases? Great, you guys have more fans than us, does it make you as a fan anymore special or me any less?
Nope. We know you guys read our boards. We know you're sensitive about attendance issues.

Anyone who looks on stubhub can see that theres virtually no difference in ticket availability in this series between MSG and the Rock.

I think the point to be made is that the Devils have a campaign to try and keep Ranger fans out of the Rock. The Rangers do not have a similar campaign. So either:

A) The Devils PR team are idiots.

OR

B) There is actually reason to be concerned about the number of Ranger fans in the Rock vs the number of Devils fans in MSG.

Does a high number or Ranger fans in your building make you inferior fans? No. Not at all. It's just annoying.

Old
05-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Petey Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ View Post
Even when the debs were winning cups there were tons of empty seats
my point exactly.....30 years they have had a franchise( 3 stanley cup)...the flyers have only had their franchise 15 years longer( 7 if you include the years when the devils first were the kansas city scouts...but that doesn't really count)

Old
05-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Czech Trio
from jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
wait...it's just as easy for rangers fans to see their team in the prudential center as it is for devils fans to see their team there?....that makes absolutely no sense at all....explain the bad turn out of devils fans at MSG?...yeah we know your fanbase is tiny and thats the reason....
I wonder the amount of Devil fans in NYC is compared to Ranger fans in North/Central jersey.

Old
05-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Czech Trio
from jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
you guys have had 30 years now to build your fan base...if you haven't built a decent size one by now you never will
we do have a decent sized one, not huge but decent. you dont seem to understand that children become fans of what their parents were fans of usually. but, hey, take knock at our attendance, the bottom line comes down to winning and championships and the devils have had 3 since the last rangers cup.

in all seriousness, taking shots at a teams fanbase makes you look bad.

Old
05-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Petey Pucks

Quote:
I wonder the amount of Devil fans in NYC is compared to Ranger fans in North/Central jersey.

probably about the same....lots of people from NJ live in NYC for work related reasons and are devils fans since their teenage years....no excuse

Old
05-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

The only way the devils are going to prevent blue at their arena is by forbidding people to wear blue. That would be perfectly legal as well. An event is allowed to have a dress code, just like a fancy restaurant will throw you out if you're wearing a tshirt and ripped jeans.

The problem is, if they did that they would be out of business.

Old
05-15-2012, 03:26 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Will Devils Army be able to STAND UP and stop us from buying their tickets?

Old
05-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
my arguments are perfectly legitimate. we play in between new york and philadelphia. its not easy building a fanbase that will sellout every game.
Just face it man, your team sucks and you picked the wrong team to root for and don't want to admit it

Closed Thread