HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT: Philadelphia at Rangers, 3/22, 7pm, *FSNY*

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Well I'm one of the biggest Lundqvist supporters around, but at times, he has looked down right avg./bad in the past few games. Time to let him rest mentally and physically.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:42 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
BTW, hate to bring of the officiating but I am on one single play....

Straka dumps the puck in tries to get around the player and get taken out.....what happened to the new rules? That was the most obvious infraction of how the NHL wants the game called and it was let go?

i remember thinking that at the time as well. terrible miss by the refs.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
i remember thinking that at the time as well. terrible miss by the refs.
Doesn't matter. The calls go both ways every year for every team, looking to place blame on the refs is what you do in 8th grade. Are you in the 8th grade?

We played an undisciplined, uneven game. The PK looked horrible, and the defense looked uncomfortable all night. It's amazing how much Kaspar is missed in big games, where i feel he's most valuable.

Lundqvist getting blame or being called out for giving up that many goals is a joke right? 4 screened or deflected shots, am I missing something?

Rucinsky was absolutely invisible, can't understand why he'd be with Jagr, and Prucha getting so little icetime when he's been more consistant than any forward, sans Jagr, Nylander.

Old
03-23-2006, 01:19 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Doesn't matter. The calls go both ways every year for every team, looking to place blame on the refs is what you do in 8th grade. Are you in the 8th grade?

We played an undisciplined, uneven game. The PK looked horrible, and the defense looked uncomfortable all night. It's amazing how much Kaspar is missed in big games, where i feel he's most valuable.

Lundqvist getting blame or being called out for giving up that many goals is a joke right? 4 screened or deflected shots, am I missing something?

Rucinsky was absolutely invisible, can't understand why he'd be with Jagr, and Prucha getting so little icetime when he's been more consistant than any forward, sans Jagr, Nylander.
i am absolutely against demoting prucha to the third line, but rucinsky was not invisible. he had three assists.

Old
03-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
You like those faces a lot, don't you.

Old
03-23-2006, 04:43 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
You like those faces a lot, don't you.
Have some respect for Ranger History.

= Dolan Sather Low

Old
03-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Have some respect for Ranger History.

= Dolan Sather Low
I wish they had a smilie with glasses and he ruffles his sportcoat alot, that would be perfect for Low

Old
03-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by polako
i am absolutely against demoting prucha to the third line, but rucinsky was not invisible. he had three assists.
YOU couldve assisted on those goals

Old
03-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
YOU couldve assisted on those goals
Even you could have.

Old
03-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Fletch

Still watching the game..

and have only seen the first, but Rozsival and Malik had a rough one - out there for three goals. Rozie lets Handzous get the loose puck in front of the net and ultimately scores. Malik has trouble handling Knuble for two goals. Eesh. One curious play by Malik was him with the puck, basically not moving, and a Flyer (I think Kapanen) comes and takes it from him. It was like a video game where the joystick wasn't working.

Jagr's simplay amazing. I agree with Bluenote - at least on the first two goals, Rucinsky was the beneficiary of playing to the Rangers' gameplan - get the puck to Jagr, because it was all Jags - especially the second one.

Old
03-23-2006, 08:41 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Anyone have the clip of the Hollwegg hit, Im sorry were at page 28 I dont feel like searching for it if its there. Thanks.

Old
03-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle
Anyone have the clip of the Hollwegg hit, Im sorry were at page 28 I dont feel like searching for it if its there. Thanks.
Well it hasn't been posted in here...so maybe someone can find that vid.

Old
03-24-2006, 06:28 AM
Fletch

Finally saw the game...

really little offensive flow - which resulted in the Rangers taking penalties, instead of drawing penalties and the Rangers being outshot by a wide margin.

Ozolinsh is only useful if he scores or creates a scoring opportunity (which doesn't include playing catch with Jagr).

Not having Prucha as the sixth man off the bench is baffling. He still is this team's second leading scorer despite being banished to play with non-offensive players at even strength on not being out there when the team's looking for offense. Rucchin was out there in case of a faceoff, a strategy that really backfired since instead of a goal for, there was a goal against. I put Prucha in there over Sykora anyway.

Can't totally blame Lundqvist for all the goals against. He did at times look slow to react and one has to wonder (or at least me) if the post-Olympics workload has been a lot - Weekes should start against Florida tonight.

Malik, Rozsival and Tyutin struggled a bit - the former two more than the latter one.

Time to rebound against a 'lesser' team. But it doesn't excuse that performance on home ice.

We'll see which lineup Renney brings tonight - no Hollweg - I go with Hossa.

Old
03-24-2006, 06:56 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
I saw this game as my first NHL game live. Flyers at many times looked disinterested and still won...

Prucha had alot of energy in him and maybe got even too little playing time...

The defensive combos puzzled me...

The first pairing were good, the others horrid, no way should Kasparaitis be scratched for a game like this!

Old
03-24-2006, 07:34 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp
The first pairing were good, the others horrid, no way should Kasparaitis be scratched for a game like this!
matti, Kasparaitis was not a "healthy" scratch. Groin injury.

Old
03-24-2006, 08:27 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
matti, Kasparaitis was not a "healthy" scratch. Groin injury.
Ah. That explains it. A rags fan sitting in front of me stated that he was a healthy scratch

Old
03-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Fletch

One other point...

and a disturbing one...late in the third, with Jagr, Nylander and Rucinsky on the ice, the cycle was going somewhat and Forsberg took the puck from Jagr and starting moving up ice. Nylander was several feet away, and on Forsberg's way (meaning if he moved, he may've been able to cut off Forsberg, or broke up a pass to Knuble that resulted in a scoring opportunity). Nylander didn't move. He didn't even float. He stood dead still - not even moving a skate - as another Flyer blew past him. It was disgusting to say the least.

Closed Thread