HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils @ Rangers ECF Game 1

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 155 76.35%
Derek Stepan 3 1.48%
Ryan Callahan 1 0.49%
Brad Richards 1 0.49%
Marian Gaborik 2 0.99%
Artem Anisimov 23 11.33%
Carl Hagelin 3 1.48%
Ruslan Fedotenko 2 0.99%
Brandon Prust 1 0.49%
Mike Rupp 1 0.49%
John Mitchell 1 0.49%
Ryan McDonagh 128 63.05%
Dan Girardi 58 28.57%
Marc Staal 16 7.88%
Michael Del Zotto 10 4.93%
Stu Bickel 0 0%
Anton Stralman 1 0.49%
Henrik Lundqvist 187 92.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I definitely think it's possible.

1) Poor ice favors the defensive team over the offensive team
2) Soft ice slows the puck down (favors defense)
3) Slow ice makes it difficult to complete passes (favors defense)
4) Soft ice is death to a forecheck (the Devils strength)

We know in the playoffs fast baseball teams will cut the grass low, and those playing against fast teams will let the grass grow higher.

We know in golf they do the same thing with the ruff, let it grow high if you're playing against bombers, cut it short if you are the bombers.

The ice last night at MSG was (IMO) the worst I've ever seen it. Why? No concert or basketball game, and it wasnt in the 80s or anything....... Add up all the above, and it's certainly at least possible the ice was that terrible on purpose. In any event, given in other sports the home teams do things with the surface to aid their advantage, I dont see why you think it's such an outrageous claim.
Right. Just like MSG pads the Rangers shot and hits stats. Or how Hank uses equipment too large. All you do is piss and moan with NO evidence to back it up.

FYI, Boomer Esiason mentioned this morning that he spoke to the NHL's (not the Rangers) ice guru at the game and asked him specifically about why the ice was so bad. The response from the NHL ice rep was that nothing was wrong with the ice and that it was more likely the pucks weren't frozen cold/long enough. Also, that is a responsibility of the league and not the team.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 05-15-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Ruotsalainen29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:

We know in the playoffs fast baseball teams will cut the grass low, and those playing against fast teams will let the grass grow higher.

We know in golf they do the same thing with the ruff, let it grow high if you're playing against bombers, cut it short if you are the bombers.

The ice last night at MSG was (IMO) the worst I've ever seen it. Why? No concert or basketball game, and it wasnt in the 80s or anything....... Add up all the above, and it's certainly at least possible the ice was that terrible on purpose. In any event, given in other sports the home teams do things with the surface to aid their advantage, I dont see why you think it's such an outrageous claim.
Maybe it is possible they turned up the temperature of the ice a few degrees.

If they did then smart move.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 50
Who voted for Eminger?

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:

because the Rangers don't forecheck, right? Or how about the fact that you repeatedly come here and make rediculous claims with no way to back them up. Take off your tin-foil hats, Devils fans. The ice is equally had for BOTH teams. Plus, it was 75 and humid, if you want to be getting specific. Do yo ever do anything else besides reading these boards, claiming that the Rangers play a 6 goalie system, and ***** about the ice?

Oh wait...I guess we haven't heard your opinion of the steam yet...

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:22 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:

Reynolds Aluminum is calling they need a new model for one their hats

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:25 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

Dude Devils fans think that the Devils are some reincarnation of the 80s Oilers because they scored 3 goals in a few games against the Flyers. The Devils scored fewer goals than the Rangers in the regular season (don't use the standings page on NHL.com that counts shootout wins). The Rangers are just better at defense than the Devils.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:25 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Agreed. I would feel really bad if we looked like he does on their board.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:26 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
you think larry thinks his team is struggling mentally enough to resort to fabricating things like " the rangers think they have this series won"....all things considered I thought the Devils played rather well in game 1 and robinson wouldn't really have a need to light a fire under the devils ***** yet....i could see if the devils dropped game 2 he would fabricate to motivate....maybe he thinks the earlier the better perhaps?
beats me...like you I thought the Devils played a very good game last night, the only difference was the Rangers converted and the Devils didn't, just thought it was strange that Larry would play the disrespect card after Game 1.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:28 PM
towely

vCash: 1050
Quote:

that is the most backwards concept i have ever heard.
why would a team mess with the ice like that and take the chance of one of their own players getting hurt?

the devils usually have terrible ice and when they were in the meadowlands it was one of the worst.

secondly, the league has people that check these things and last nights temps were close to 70 with very hig humidity and couple that with a packed house and theres your bad ice.

thers no conspiracy to alter the game.

towely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:30 PM
roxchipsi8

Quote:

Its not the heat, its the humidity. Check out Chelsea Piers rinks on a muggy day. the Ice may as well be a pool.

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Also, the entire Devils organization is full of whiners. Marty, the coaches...wow.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Folks, I don't care who the poster is or what they are posting, you cannot insult them. Report the post. Posting more crap just makes it harder to maintain.

Also, Devils fan can post here as long as they are respectful, even if the opinion is unpopular.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
SnowblindNYR

BTW, unless my memory fails me the ice was horrible even in the seasons the Rangers had a horrible defense and it wasn't even mid-May when they were playing.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:37 PM
clmetsfan

I don't buy for a second that the poor ice helps the Rangers more than the Devils. Soft ice is death to a forecheck? There is nothing more beneficial to a forecheck than defenders having difficulty settling the puck as it gives the forwards more time to get on them and disrupt their passes out of the zone.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
The best conspiracy theory ever. Laughable.

I really hope the ice is dreadful for the rest of the series if this is what it will bring.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Cmox

To go really in depth, if MSG hated the Devils so much they wouldn't:
1. Air Devils games
2. Employ people like Chico

Uggh, why am I even bothering responding to any conspiracy stuff?

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:50 PM
BlessThisMess513

I said this before but I'll say it again to all the people who don't care to listen-Each Ranger brings his own hair dryer to heat up the ice an hour before pre-game warm ups. Sometimes they even use those cheap miniature fans that you push the button to make it work. How this isn't common knowledge puzzles me.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
Who voted for Eminger?
Who voted for Mitchell?

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The goal was not the RESULT of that play. The Rangers still had to score that goal.
The goal doesn't happen if a penalty is called. Play stops.

05-15-2012, 04:13 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Dude, it maybe had no immediate impact on that play (and it kinda did since the Devil couldn't get to the puck since DZ was covering it behind him...) but the Rangers go up the ice and score a goal right after. If I were a Devils fan, I'd be beyond pissed.
But all that stuff still would have happened anyway even if he hadn't covered it. By my recollection, whichever Devil was right there had his stick off the ice and his hands on the boards during the half second while MDZ covered the puck, so MDZ didn't inhibit his ability to play the puck.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I have no idea why Anisimov isn't getting more credit for his performance in these playoffs.

His effort has been noticeable and he has even been using his frame more. Typically he is the one guy on the team who simply won't push back but he has shown a little more physicality. I think the club culture is influencing him.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
I have no idea why Anisimov isn't getting more credit for his performance in these playoffs.

His effort has been noticeable and he has even been using his frame more. Typically he is the one guy on the team who simply won't push back but he has shown a little more physicality. I think the club culture is influencing him.
isnt he like 3rd or 4th on the team in points?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:19 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:

Mick Kern on NHL Home Ice (XM) was praising him this morning. But then I had to turn it off because his partner was so anti-Rangers it was sickening. He said that we don't play hockey, we play "blockey". As if that's not something a 2nd grader would say

05-15-2012, 04:25 PM
beastly115

Quote:

In other news, some Devils fans had a viewing party. Here's a pic of the event.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:

Just don't tell Jon.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote