HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Devils @ Rangers ECF Game 1

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 155 76.35%
Derek Stepan 3 1.48%
Ryan Callahan 1 0.49%
Brad Richards 1 0.49%
Marian Gaborik 2 0.99%
Artem Anisimov 23 11.33%
Carl Hagelin 3 1.48%
Ruslan Fedotenko 2 0.99%
Brandon Prust 1 0.49%
Mike Rupp 1 0.49%
John Mitchell 1 0.49%
Ryan McDonagh 128 63.05%
Dan Girardi 58 28.57%
Marc Staal 16 7.88%
Michael Del Zotto 10 4.93%
Stu Bickel 0 0%
Anton Stralman 1 0.49%
Henrik Lundqvist 187 92.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-15-2012, 04:32 PM
JCrusher*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Mick Kern on NHL Home Ice (XM) was praising him this morning. But then I had to turn it off because his partner was so anti-Rangers it was sickening. He said that we don't play hockey, we play "blockey". As if that's not something a 2nd grader would say
I am so sick of people complaining because our team block shots. I mean didnt the Caps block more shots than we did in the semis and they were praised for it. The devils are the nhl darlings like the red wings so they are gonna get all the support

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Just don't tell Jon.
Jon and I agree on some... a couple... things. Anisimov's role on this team is not one of them.

Every team needs a little kid brother type. You can't have a locker room entirely comprised of Cally, Richards and Dubi personalities.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
But all that stuff still would have happened anyway even if he hadn't covered it. By my recollection, whichever Devil was right there had his stick off the ice and his hands on the boards during the half second while MDZ covered the puck, so MDZ didn't inhibit his ability to play the puck.
See:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
The goal doesn't happen if a penalty is called. Play stops.
End of story, if it were the other way around we'd all be pissed and calling for the refs head, and their children, and their children's children.

05-15-2012, 04:35 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
I have no idea why Anisimov isn't getting more credit for his performance in these playoffs.

His effort has been noticeable and he has even been using his frame more. Typically he is the one guy on the team who simply won't push back but he has shown a little more physicality. I think the club culture is influencing him.
I agree. It's very encouraging after his pretty sub-par regular season. That pass to Kreider was fantastic last night, he's made good plays all throughout the playoffs, and as always he's one of the best defensively-responsible forwards on the team 5 on 5.

I never jumped off the Artie bandwagon. I think he's a perfect third line center who can probably slot in on the 2nd line if this year is the outlier and he continues to improve offensively.

and yeah, I think he's 3rd on the team in points behind Richie and Gabby. He took the assist lead over Steps last night.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:36 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
See:

End of story, if it were the other way around we'd all be pissed and calling for the refs head, and their children, and their children's children.
Absolutely.

But we've been in that scenario, and at this point I don't give a ****. It was a bad non-call, but after that Carlson dive that led to Ovy's GWG, I can't bring myself to care.

Old
05-15-2012, 04:37 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
I am so sick of people complaining because our team block shots. I mean didnt the Caps block more shots than we did in the semis and they were praised for it.
The best part is, a caller phoned in and told him that, and he goes "Oh..I didn't know...are you sure about that?"

05-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

5-10 years ago teams that blocked shots were applauded for their commitment.

Its just that now all the sexy name teams have been knocked out of the playoffs its a problem.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Skrimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
Who voted for Mitchell?
I voted for Redden

Skrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:39 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
The best part is, a caller phoned in and told him that, and he goes "Oh..I didn't know...are you sure about that?"
lets face it people care more about offense than defense. The Rangers/Caps series was one if the better playoff series in a while yet people talk about the devils/flyers even though the defense and goaltending was putrid. You can tell that the devils were in for a rude awakening last night lol

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:41 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Just got an email,

Rangers are opening up MSG for Game 4 for fans. Game will be played on the jumbo-tron with alumni, giveaways, and prizes. Admission is $100.00 ..

(HAHA just kidding, it's free)

I dont think there will be a big turnout since most die hard Ranger fans will probably be at the Rock anyway. But if I cant snag Game 4 tickets, I'll probably go. You need to order tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D0048ACA7CB3EA0

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Uncle Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
lets face it people care more about offense than defense. The Rangers/Caps series was one if the better playoff series in a while yet people talk about the devils/flyers even though the defense and goaltending was putrid. You can tell that the devils were in for a rude awakening last night lol
Way I see it is the more people get mad the better. Id rather win with defense than lose with offense.

Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Lundpads is overrated, and last night is a perfect example. Not only is his equipment obnoxiously large, what goaltender wouldn't thrive in that six goalie system? All the Rangers do is collapse right in front of him like they're playing a sixty-minute penalty-kill. He only had to make 21 saves, the Rangers had more blocks than the Devils did shots! And you can bet that the hometown MSG scorekeeper tacked on some extra shots that never made it to the net or were going wide to keep Lundpads' playoff SV% up, as well.

If it weren't for the blatantly blown call on Del Zotto, the game would've had a totally different dynamic. Get used to it for the rest of the series, I'm sure the NHL wants the two big markets in LA and NY to make it to the finals. Pretty unsurprising to hear that the league won't be investigating the Rangers front office for the soupy ice last night. The worst ice I've ever seen for an NHL arena, and it obviously was a more significant detriment to the more offensively-minded Devils. Coincidence?

The Rags are so lucky. Every night they get dominated and get a fluke goal here or there and then go into hiding like a turtle. They're ruining the game with this six goalie system. I think Anisimov is a lizard-person.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:43 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Just got an email,

Rangers are opening up MSG for Game 4 for fans. Game will be played on the jumbo-tron with alumni, giveaways, and prizes. Admission is $100.00 ..

I dont think there will be a big turnout since most die hard Ranger fans will probably be at the Rock anyway. But if I cant snag Game 4 tickets, I'll probably go. You need to order tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D0048ACA7CB3EA0
That's pretty sweet, if I can't afford tickets i'd definitely think about heading to the Garden with some friends.

Old
05-15-2012, 04:47 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Just got an email,

LOL you got me with the $100 thing. I was ready to go on a profanity laced tirade

05-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Just got an email,

Just asked my fiancee if she'd want to go, definitely interested in this.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I'm so down to go to this!

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Lundpads is overrated, and last night is a perfect example. Not only is his equipment obnoxiously large, what goaltender wouldn't thrive in that six goalie system? All the Rangers do is collapse right in front of him like they're playing a sixty-minute penalty-kill. He only had to make 21 saves, the Rangers had more blocks than the Devils did shots! And you can bet that the hometown MSG scorekeeper tacked on some extra shots that never made it to the net or were going wide to keep Lundpads' playoff SV% up, as well.

If it weren't for the blatantly blown call on Del Zotto, the game would've had a totally different dynamic. Get used to it for the rest of the series, I'm sure the NHL wants the two big markets in LA and NY to make it to the finals. Pretty unsurprising to hear that the league won't be investigating the Rangers front office for the soupy ice last night. The worst ice I've ever seen for an NHL arena, and it obviously was a more significant detriment to the more offensively-minded Devils. Coincidence?

The Rags are so lucky. Every night they get dominated and get a fluke goal here or there and then go into hiding like a turtle. They're ruining the game with this six goalie system. I think Anisimov is a lizard-person.

Old
05-15-2012, 04:53 PM
McRanger

Quote:

If it was the other way around, they would have called a penalty on the Ranger forward for taking out the defensmans feet.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Just got an email,

Wow, no ticketmaster fees either

*shocked*

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Just got an email,

friggen finals man. I hope they do this again, I really hate that this semester is going on for so long.

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:12 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Just grabbed 4 tickets. About 80% sure i'll go, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Old
05-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Want to go pretty bad but the commute out of there is going to be hell.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:14 PM
BlessThisMess513

Devils fans truly have an inferiority complex with the Rangers cause they act like the whole team ran train on their wives/girlfriends. It even comes down to making personal insults to people they've never met before. Heres a gem I found over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
The rentals are all over now. Normally you barely see anyone wearing Rangers stuff in the city. The last 3 or 4 days, it's all over.

Very clean looking, bright and crisp Rangers clothes...... if you (wink, wink) catch my drift.
I get the gist of what hes trying to say, but its like he expects people to wear dirty/raggedy clothes in public instead of looking nice. I'm sure he/she attracts all the ladies/dudes.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Funny thing is how Devils fans are now talking about how Ranger clothing is coming out of the woodworks in NYC, etc...

Their arena was empty during the regular season and it's now magically selling out for the playoffs. And we're the bandwagon fans

Old
05-15-2012, 05:23 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

This hate for the Rangers shot blocking is comical. As someone said earlier, this team did it the wrong way for all those years and got ridiculed and mocked and they finally build a young, hungry, hard working, and likeable team and people complain? C'mon!

This is a very likeable team. Even if you're an Islanders or Devils fan, you only dislike them because of the jersey, not because of the work ethic, etc.

When the lockout started, only three guys on the team blocked shots (Betts, Ward, Ortmeyer) now they've built it as a mandatory character trait. That's called evolution and progress to me.

Stupid haters.

And also, not that anyone is taking it seriously, the best way to shut these people up is to keep on winning and playing hard.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote