HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group S • May 15 • Czech Republic 8, Germany 1

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Sanderson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Banana View Post
Well, M.Goc has certainly the talent. But he is a player that needs better teammates to score. Like Sturm and Hecht.

We finally need a guy that can create offense - no matter who his linemates are - and i think with Rieder/Kühnhackl and a peaking Gogulla we may have found some of that for years to come.

This doesn´t mean M.Goc is bad, i actually think he is way better than the most people rate him, but he simply seems be stuck between two inferior linemates - and he don´t know how to make an offensive difference with that.
The funny thing is, both Goc and Hecht are some sort of glue guys. While they aren't dominant offensive forwards, they are players who make a line click, at least at NHL-level. Looking at the last few seasons, no matter who Hecht played with, that line suddenly started to play well, same with Goc in Nashville and Florida. They can't carry a line by themselves, but they do eveything that makes a line roll.

As long as we lack the players who can make a difference on their own, we need a team that works hard and drives to the net everytime they get the chance. That's what made the team successful in the last two year.

Obviously a sound tactical-system wouldn't hurt. The defense was horrendous. Not only did they not defend well as a team, they also were caught flat-footed all the time and simply lost sight of opponents. Wouldn't hurt if they actually cleared the puck when they have the chance. Today's second goal is a good example for that. They had two good chances to clear the puck along the boards, yet instead of making the simple play they tried to evade the opponent, ended up losing the puck and missing an wide open opponent next to the net.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:23 PM
ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Banana View Post
I think you missunderstood me on this.

Gogulla is a guy that - if he reaches his potential - can create offense on his own on this level. He showed this in this WC. And that is something we desperately need. He is a guy that can make the difference in a game like Latvia or Russia. (Scoring/Setting up the tying/first goal or at least create some momentum with a good chance)

There is a reason why Gogulla was targeted with this huge hit from Norway early in the game against us. Not M.Goc and not "DEL MVP" Hospelt. Hope you understand, what i meant.

(If you think i am biased, i am not. I actually don´t like him. )
Ah, ok, yes, you're right, I didn't get it that way the first time. And your're right he has absolutely shown this ability in the past already.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

really pathetic showing again.

Old
05-15-2012, 05:02 PM
kajoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
really pathetic showing again.
man, I feel so sorry for you, Germany used to be my 2nd team in international hockey. No idea what happened but you looked like you completely fell apart in the last two games. Your team in 2011 was a class.

Old
05-15-2012, 05:11 PM
TexasTriumph

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
of course he will, he already confirmed that

http://hokej.idnes.cz/za-zapasu-hoke...hokej-2012_lge

he's even bigger idiot than I thought.

Are you ing kidding me? He is going back with the original Nedved lineup? Did i read that correctly? This is 100%?................

Old
05-15-2012, 05:19 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTriumph View Post
Are you ing kidding me? He is going back with the original Nedved lineup? Did i read that correctly? This is 100%?................
I know, it's unbelievable. Seems like it's 100%.

Old
05-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Swipes

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
I can't watch but I have been reading the board and some translated articles and they all say that this new line has really sparked the team and that Nedved is basically too slow and no longer good.
That's pretty much correct. The thing with Nedved is, he's like a one-trick pony. He does the same move, over and over and over again (the one where he always tries to shoot high on a wrist shot from the side) convinced that it must go in eventually. Other than that, he doesn't really have any other moves really. He's obviously defensively liable and quite frankly, other than his excellent wrist shot he doesn't bring that much to the team.

If it was a football match I'd have him on the pitch as a substitute in the last 15 minutes to try and decide a game. That would work.

Closed Thread