HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia Toronto Draft Day

Old
05-15-2012, 10:16 PM
feedingschennzy

vCash: 500
Philadelphia Toronto Draft Day

Toronto Trades
Luke Schenn
5th Overall

Philadelphia
James Van Riemsdyk
Sergei Bobrovsky
2012 3rd and 4th Rounders
2013 2nd rounder

Philadelphia is then guaranteed either galchenyuk, grigs, forsberg, or murray for a large improvement either on the blue line, or to ultimately replace jvr's production. This makes a guy like simmonds or voracek become more expendable if need be. Schenn can be a good 4/5th defenseman for us next year making a major signing like suter less neccesary. we also save some cap space for the time being.

With their 20th pick the flyers pick slater koekkoek.

Before im ripped to shreds, here is my honest explanation: We had come to a fairly mutual agreement that a healthy JVR= Luke Schenn + 2nd. Having said that, Bob, and those three picks, along with the extra imbalance from jvr's value evens things out.

Thoughts?

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Derp

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Add in Scrivens or Rynnas from Toronto and Philadelphia's 1st rounder this year (and remove their 2nd in 2013) and I think it's a pretty good deal.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Hotlanta

As a Leafs fan I wouldn't do it, but thats just because I think Schenn can be more consistent and I would rather build our own prospect pool then trade for JVR.

Hotlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:23 PM
LeafsYoungGuns

JVR was worth Schenn + 2nd before his injuries. Now he has a new contract and a lost year. This trade would be a serious gamble for TO. Also PHI 1st would have to come back to justify moving the 5th OA

LeafsYoungGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Devonator

I'm a Flyer fan and this is doable......

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:24 PM
TorontoTrades

no thanks, not really interested in JVR for that price... don't get the infatuation with him

decent and potential but other than the one playoff run he hasn't been anything too special... would i like to acquire him? sure but not when giving up the 5th overall..

what does Bob do for us? run a Bob and Reimer duo? might as well just use FA if we're looking for a tandem

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Devonator

I really am not too interested in Schenn but one thing is for sure...if the Flyers do not get Suter in the off season, I see the Flyers going for a player like Schenn or another young upcoming defenseman...that is for sure!

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:27 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Toronto Trades
Luke Schenn
5th Overall

Philadelphia
James Van Riemsdyk
Sergei Bobrovsky
2013 2nd rounder

Philadelphia is then guaranteed either galchenyuk, grigs, forsberg, or murray for a large improvement either on the blue line, or to ultimately replace jvr's production. This makes a guy like simmonds or voracek become more expendable if need be. Schenn can be a good 4/5th defenseman for us next year making a major signing like suter less neccesary. we also save some cap space for the time being.

Before im ripped to shreds, here is my honest explanation: We had come to a fairly mutual agreement that a healthy JVR= Luke Schenn + 2nd. Having said that, Bob, and those three picks, along with the extra imbalance from jvr's value evens things out.

Thoughts?
No chance from Toronto. JVR is seriously over-rated. He's soft and out of shape. And Toronto is going to trade #5 overall -- come on, get real.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Duncanmac81

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Add in Scrivens or Rynnas from Toronto and Philadelphia's 1st rounder this year (and remove their 2nd in 2013) and I think it's a pretty good deal.
how does that make it any different, Scrivens or rynnas is worth the difference between a 2nd and 1st

Duncanmac81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Riptide

Toronto has no need for JVR. They need a C, not another winger. They have young goalies in the system. While Bob is attractive, he's not a guarantee that he's a starting goalie.

I don't really see why Toronto does this.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Leafs03

No from leafs.

Leafs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mokspeed

Don't see this happening. From the Flyers fans that I've heard from, they're all saying that Schenn is just a younger Grossman 2.0 who isn't as good as Grossman. Schenn had a ****** year, we can all agree to that; but the point isn't to sell your young assets at a low point...

Why does Philly want to trade away JVR? Is it cuz he's got potential and he's been underproducing? Or because you have a surplus of big wingers? I'd rather take Simmonds who is more established.

Either way, the 5th OA is worth more to us than a bunch of later picks. Also, Bobrovsky doesn't do anything for us - we can sign FA or just use the Reimer/Scrivens tandem - in the end, it all causes uncertainty.

mokspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:31 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanmac81 View Post
how does that make it any different, Scrivens or rynnas is worth the difference between a 2nd and 1st
No, I thought the original offer was a little bit in favour for the Flyers, goalies have very little value but adding a young guy with potential would be solid for Flyers anyways, always need to have depth.

Then the draft pick is upgraded, making it a bit fairer IMO

Old
05-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Phatic

was this supposed to be a joke

to elaborate:
5th overall at worst ='s JVR at the moment, and more likely to fill an organizational need
bobrovski is redundant is leafs system
schenn had a bad year, that doesnt mean we give him away for late 2nds and 3rds/4ths, get real

Last edited by Phatic: 05-15-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Phatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Its actually a pretty decent deal. However the issues I see with it are twofold:

1) I don't think Bobrovsky would put up any better numbers than Reimer did with our defense. He is decent, but if the Leafs are going for a goalie upgrade I don't think he is the man we should be going for
2) Leafs biggest need is high-end talent. The 5th overall is really our only hope to get that. JVR could become that, but he was drafted 5 years ago and looks like he'll probably end up as a poor-mans 1st liner or a 2nd line winger. Again, the 5th is also a risk because its a complete unknown, but I think if its moved a player that can fill a top-end talent need rather than JVR and some decent picks.

Nice value though

Nizdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Kulemon

Grigorenko (potentially) and Schenn for JVR and Bobrovsky? Lol no from the leafs.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:10 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
No chance from Toronto. JVR is seriously over-rated. He's soft and out of shape. And Toronto is going to trade #5 overall -- come on, get real.
Huh? Injured doesn't mean out of shape. And isn't that the rap on Luke Schenn?

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:12 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokspeed View Post
Don't see this happening. From the Flyers fans that I've heard from, they're all saying that Schenn is just a younger Grossman 2.0 who isn't as good as Grossman. Schenn had a ****** year, we can all agree to that; but the point isn't to sell your young assets at a low point...

Why does Philly want to trade away JVR? Is it cuz he's got potential and he's been underproducing? Or because you have a surplus of big wingers? I'd rather take Simmonds who is more established.

Either way, the 5th OA is worth more to us than a bunch of later picks. Also, Bobrovsky doesn't do anything for us - we can sign FA or just use the Reimer/Scrivens tandem - in the end, it all causes uncertainty.
I don't think people want to get rid of JVR, just that they want to move the forward surplus for D help. I think the prevailing opinion is that Schenn really doesn't warrant that type of attention as the Flyers need a true top-line guy or a puck moving mid-pair guy in a lesser deal.

For the record, I see why the propsed deal doesn't work for TML.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:43 PM
TOGuy14

I'm not too sure why JVR supposedly has a ton more value than Schenn. Both have been underwhelming in their first few years after going as high draft picks.

The rest of the package is not worth anywhere near the 5th OA.

TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:45 PM
TorontoTrades

Philly has to move someone... or not resign Jagr but I think he really helped the young guys so I think he'll be back.

when healthy: Giroux, Jagr, Hartnell, Couturier, Briere, Shenn, Simmonds, Read and Voracek

thats a strong top 9... add JVR and you have too much.. they can easily afford to move JVR to address other areas.

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
Huh? Injured doesn't mean out of shape. And isn't that the rap on Luke Schenn?
Soft and out of shape are the two things farthest from describing Luke Schenn...

Nizdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:24 AM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Toronto Trades
Luke Schenn
5th Overall

Philadelphia
James Van Riemsdyk
Sergei Bobrovsky
2013 2nd rounder

Thoughts?
i wouldnt trade the 5th alone for that package!!! JVR= overrated on these boards

IBLEAF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:59 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

oh god, JVR is going to be a beast. trust me, when i say that he will be worth more than whoever drafted 5th this year eventually. if the Flyers are smart (which judging by the richards and carter trades, they are) they'll keep him and let him develop into a top PWF. if the JVR i saw against the Devils is him all the time i can tell he's gonna be a great player, he just meeds time to properly develop

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:01 AM
BlackRedYellow

Remove 2nd and 3rd from Philly, add a first
Add Scrivens

BlackRedYellow is offline   Reply With Quote