HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: LSU Beats Duke

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Potted Plant

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
OT: LSU Beats Duke

Sorry, I know this is a NYR board, and I am a NYR fan. However, I am a Louisiana native, a graduate of LSU, and my parents are long-time LSU basketball season ticket holders.

WOOHOO!

Announcers keep saying, "[Team we're playing] has not faced a player like Tyrus Thomas this year." I keep responding, "No one has unless they've played us." There just aren't many 6'9" guys with 40-something inch verticle leaps and the proper timing to block shots playing college ball these days.

They also haven't seen a 310-pound former high school tailback putting spin moves on 'em in the lane.

And Garrett Temple played some of the best perimeter defense you will ever see in the college game last night.

Now, if only we can hit some freakin' shots we'll be unstoppable.

Old
03-24-2006, 10:35 AM
KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Sorry, I know this is a NYR board, and I am a NYR fan. However, I am a Louisiana native, a graduate of LSU, and my parents are long-time LSU basketball season ticket holders.

WOOHOO!

Announcers keep saying, "[Team we're playing] has not faced a player like Tyrus Thomas this year." I keep responding, "No one has unless they've played us." There just aren't many 6'9" guys with 40-something inch verticle leaps and the proper timing to block shots playing college ball these days.

They also haven't seen a 310-pound former high school tailback putting spin moves on 'em in the lane.

And Garrett Temple played some of the best perimeter defense you will ever see in the college game last night.

Now, if only we can hit some freakin' shots we'll be unstoppable.
Thomas is gonna end up being the best player out of the draft this year IMO, he was sensational.... he's a beast.

Old
03-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC
Thomas is gonna end up being the best player out of the draft this year IMO, he was sensational.... he's a beast.
We're hoping he stays another year. He's a tremendous athlete, but he has a lot of weaknesses in his game. He really hasn't been playing basketball that long, and was not heavily recruited at all. We were the only major-conference school to offer him a scholarship and we almost didn't. We wanted him to walk on, but had an extra scholarship at the end of recruiting to offer him

Thomas has mad hops, good size, and good timing. He can even handle the ball well for a big guy. His main problems are:

a) he doesn't have the strength to man-up a good post player. He's best giving weakside help and coming over to block shots or stopping penetrating guards. He is GREAT at stopping penetrating guards. However, if a team has TWO offensive post players, so that one can go right at Tyrus Thomas, he's generally ineffective against that guy. Teams with multiple talented big men have really hurt us this year (Florida, for example).

b) he has no offensive moves. He can catch a lob and throw it down with the best of them, and he's a half-decent free throw shooter, but that's about it. It comes from the fact that he didn't play high school basketball until his junior year.

He's a good, smart kid who understands his weaknesses, and we're hoping we can keep him around for another year to work on them. He's got serious talent though.

Old
03-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

I picked them to beat duke and lead the hf boards ncaa tourney challenge.

Closed Thread