HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Montreal

Old
05-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Ah ok then...Mueller + a 3rd is enough to get Pacioretty
LOL. That is like saying Staubitz +3rd would get O'Reilly. In other words, it is nonsense. The comparison between Mueller and Pacioretty is nothing close to that of Plekanec and Stastny. Try reading the posts in this thread that deal with how close Pleks and Stastny are statistically speaking and how much more money Stastny is getting paid for being such a minimal upgrade over Plekanec.

Mueller +3rd for Paciorety...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Rene Bourque for a 4th round pick?
Considering how many points he has when he faces us... I'm mighty tempted to see if that would translate to points for us in our arena.

Could be the first ever 50 goal scorer where all 50 goals come in his 41 home games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
LOL. That is like saying Staubitz +3rd would get O'Reilly. In other words, it is nonsense. The comparison between Mueller and Pacioretty is nothing close to that of Plekanec and Stastny. Try reading the posts in this thread that deal with how close Pleks and Stastny are statistically speaking and how much more money Stastny is getting paid for being such a minimal upgrade over Plekanec.

Mueller +3rd for Paciorety...
A healthy Mueller is just as talented as Pacioretty.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:29 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Considering how many points he has when faces us... I'm mighty tempted to see if that would translate to points for us in our arena.

Could be the first ever 50 goal scorer where all 50 goals come in his 41 home games.
Maybe Bourque would actually be a decent guy for the Avs to acquire, not that high of a cap hit and salary isn't that high either, last 2 years makes just 2.5 each year on his contract.

Plus the price would be really low right now since he had such a poor season.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:31 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Rene Bourque for a 4th round pick?
I don't think hes better than what we have lol

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:33 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I don't think hes better than what we have lol
You must put a lot of value on Hedjuk's 14 goals and Galiardi's 8 goals then...

Old
05-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Duncanmac81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Ah ok then...Mueller + a 3rd is enough to get Pacioretty
even as a Canadiens fan, I'll still be one to say that MaxPac only got his stats because the Canadiens suck, who else is doing to score, Moen? an injured Gionta? or and this is really pushing it Gomez... sorry guess but our Habs are going to be in the basement for a while and its more management that and one of the worst trades in NHL history(Gomez) that has put them there

Duncanmac81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:34 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
You must put a lot of value on Hedjuk's 14 goals and Galiardi's 8 goals then...
Hejduk is going to retire and we fooled SJ into taking Galiardi by adding Winnik... So no I am not..

Old
05-15-2012, 10:35 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanmac81 View Post
even as a Canadiens fan, I'll still be one to say that MaxPac only got his stats because the Canadiens suck, who else is doing to score, Moen? an injured Gionta? or and this is really pushing it Gomez... sorry guess but our Habs are going to be in the basement for a while and its more management that and one of the worst trades in NHL history(Gomez) that has put them there
Hahaha, what an embarrasing comment. Habs fans like you are my favourite. One bad season and suddenly they're basement dwellers for the next decade.

Oh and scoring 33 goals in his first full season in the NHL wasn't impressive at all....

Hilarious.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:37 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Hejduk is going to retire and we fooled SJ into taking Galiardi by adding Winnik... So no I am not..
Ahh, sorry...Winnik.

26 years old and a career high of 11 goals.

And what if David Jones leaves as a free agent?

Who exactly do the Avs have on the wing who are better than Bourque?

Old
05-15-2012, 10:38 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanmac81 View Post
If I was a Habs fan I would flame you hard right now but it's not my argument. lol

Old
05-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
To trade him now while his value as low as ever makes no sense. The only reason we'd trade Stastny is for an upgrade or a number 1 d man.
The only reason you should trade Stastny is because he doesn't fit long-term with your team. You're not a contending team, asset management should be the number one driver here. Maybe other players fill your needs better, but I think you are over valuing your guy.

Stastny has this year and next year until he becomes UFA. If you wait a year or a year and a half he becomes valued like a rental, which will be lower than what is on the table. His next contract will probably be in the 8 years - $50 million or so range, I doubt it will be much less than that.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:40 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Considering how many points he has when he faces us... I'm mighty tempted to see if that would translate to points for us in our arena.

double

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:41 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Ahh, sorry...Winnik.

26 years old and a career high of 11 goals.

And what if David Jones leaves as a free agent?

Who exactly do the Avs have on the wing who are better than Bourque?

Are you loony? We don't have Galiardi or Winnik any more and Hejduk is going to retire. What are you even going on about?

If Colorado wants Jones he stays. He has already stated that because him and Stastny are really close.

LANDESKOG - McGinn, Downie, Mueller, & Jones are all better than Bourque IMO.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
The only reason you should trade Stastny is because he doesn't fit long-term with your team. You're not a contending team, asset management should be the number one driver here. Maybe other players fill your needs better, but I think you are over valuing your guy.

Stastny has this year and next year until he becomes UFA. If you wait a year or a year and a half he becomes valued like a rental, which will be lower than what is on the table. His next contract will probably be in the 8 years - $50 million or so range, I doubt it will be much less than that.
I'm sorry, but are you suggesting we trade Stastny because we risk losing him for nothing... in two years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
double
What can I help you with?

Old
05-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Based on what? Mueller never came close to a 33 goal season. Mueller is not as physical as Pacioretty. Mueller has played 52 more games and has a whopping 2 more goals and 27 more assists.

Please, a healthy Mueller would be interesting to see, but he had a decent rookie season and has done nothing since. Pacioretty has simply improved each year. Heck, even Pacioretty's injury year was an improvement over his previous season!

Comparing Mueller to Pacioretty is silly. Let me know when Mueller plays another full season and comes close to 33 goals.

Comparing Plekanec to Stastny is easy, it has been done throughout this thread.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:46 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Are you loony? We don't have Galiardi or Winnik any more and Hejduk is going to retire. What are you even going on about?

If Colorado wants Jones he stays. He has already stated that because him and Stastny are really close.

LANDESKOG - McGinn, Downie, Mueller, & Jones are all better than Bourque IMO.
Lol, calm down man.

Bourque would give the Avalanche some much needed depth on the wings. Landeskog is much better but none of the other guys are any sort of significant step above him at all.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:47 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
I'm sorry, but are you suggesting we trade Stastny because we risk losing him for nothing... in two years?

What can I help you with?
People have been trying to convince Colorado to take some kind of value deal for Stastny for a long time now. Avs fans are just about impervious to it by now. Management has stated clearly that Stastny would not be moved for anything short of over payment basically forcing our hand.

So far I have not seen that..

Old
05-15-2012, 10:49 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Lol, calm down man.

Bourque would give the Avalanche some much needed depth on the wings. Landeskog is much better but none of the other guys are any sort of significant step above him at all.
The point is we have ENOUGH 2nd/3rd line wingers we need one or two clear cut 1st/2nd line guys.

The guys that are WAY better IMO are Landeskog, McGinn, & Mueller. Now Mueller needs to prove himself next year after having a full healthy off-season and McGinn needs to show he can continue what he started last year. Both of them are younger and currently just as good while having way better ceilings.

Bourque is not needed even a little bit..

Old
05-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Based on what? Mueller never came close to a 33 goal season. Mueller is not as physical as Pacioretty. Mueller has played 52 more games and has a whopping 2 more goals and 27 more assists.

Please, a healthy Mueller would be interesting to see, but he had a decent rookie season and has done nothing since. Pacioretty has simply improved each year. Heck, even Pacioretty's injury year was an improvement over his previous season!

Comparing Mueller to Pacioretty is silly. Let me know when Mueller plays another full season and comes close to 33 goals.

Comparing Plekanec to Stastny is easy, it has been done throughout this thread.
I know as a fan of your team you want to stick up for your player first and foremost, but you just told me that Pacioretty is more talented than Mueller when healthy. If you don't see something wrong with that, it won't matter what I say after this.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:59 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
The point is we have ENOUGH 2nd/3rd line wingers we need one or two clear cut 1st/2nd line guys.

The guys that are WAY better IMO are Landeskog, McGinn, & Mueller. Now Mueller needs to prove himself next year after having a full healthy off-season and McGinn needs to show he can continue what he started last year. Both of them are younger and currently just as good while having way better ceilings.

Bourque is not needed even a little bit..
Stastny makes a lot of money and hasn't seen his game goto the next level like many thought it would.

The Avs would be better with Bourque.

Old
05-15-2012, 11:00 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
I know as a fan of your team you want to stick up for your player first and foremost, but you just told me that Pacioretty is more talented than Mueller when healthy. If you don't see something wrong with that, it won't matter what I say after this.
Why is Mueller more talented than Pacioretty?

Provide evidence

Old
05-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Look at Mueller's best year. Look at Pacioretty's best year. Even when healthy, Pacioretty is better than Mueller. More goals, same number of assists, more points, more physical, and better defensively. Where am I wrong?

Mueller is a talented player. I have no issue with that. However, Pacioretty has shown consistent improvement, year-after-year INCLUDING in his injury depleted year. Mueller can not say the same. Even in his second year he dropped significantly in goals, assists, and total points while only playing 9 less games. In 2009-2010, Mueller got more points for the Avs in 15 games than he got for them in 32 games last season! Mueller has done nothing to put himself in Pacioretty's class at this time.

I am not sticking up for Pacioretty because he is a Habs player, I am pointing out that Mueller is not as good as Pacioretty based on the different levels of success they have had as demonstrated by what they have done on the ice.

Old
05-15-2012, 11:09 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Stastny makes a lot of money and hasn't seen his game goto the next level like many thought it would.

If it was really for a 4th rounder.. I might do it but we just don't have a great need for him. If he does not rebound that contracts STINKS.

I would rather pay Alex Semin 5.5M a year for 5 years and hope he can just score 30 goals rather than take on Bourque's salary and add him to our plethora of 2nd/3rd line wingers. Especially if we keep Jones who will probably be slightly cheaper.

Old
05-15-2012, 11:09 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:

Stastny will be fine and we are fine paying him that money because we know he is capable of putting up a PPG.

The Avs would be better with Bourque but he also has a big cap hit at 3.33 million so it wouldn't be helpful adding Bourque because we already have a lot of wingers like him. So instead we need to get a star winger and no more depth wingers.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Pure

I wouldn't take Rene Bourque for free. I can't believe the Flames managed to flip him for Cammallari.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote