HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's Give Dandenault Props

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2006, 12:10 PM
BORAT

vCash: 500
Let's Give Dandenault Props

Hello my monkies

Well today I would like to talk about Dandenault :

Dandewho ?

Well on our team he is the one wearing the Number 25 Sweater, a Right Handed Defenceman with a Mustache reminiscent of a Bad Beastie Boys Video ( Sabotage )

Yes my monkies, than particular Defenseman.

How easily we forget that Scotty Bowman called him a character guy who was a solid and constant guy, Bowman noted his leadership and love for the game, guys like Yzerman praised Dandenault's play till this day.

and now he wears the CH on his chest, he wears it proudly.

What has happened ?

From what I heard, The Habs coaching staff decided to stop using Dandenault as a D-man, and to just let him play his game out there.

Dandy, if you wanna stay back, stay back, if you wanna join the rush, just go ...

results : 3 goals - 4 Games.

Dandenault has slowly realised that with guys like Markov, Komisarek, Souray, Bouillon and Simpson ( lets face it boys, Simpson has been a very good pickup )

And a Goaltender who does simple things : Like stopping the puck.

Dandy has ended up being a pleasant surprise.

Lets face it, for a D-man alot of things are in play in this new league, adapting to the new rules, adapting to new teammates, adapting to new coaching staffs and a new life and organisation.

Dandenault is finding a comfort zone.

And I'm sure glad he's on our team.

If this team finally starts playing like it should, we should be all right, , lets not forget we're 4 points out of 6 th place.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:14 PM
BORAT

if we don't make the playoffs this year, the sole blame will go on Theodore, in my opinion,

Yes the team wasn't 100 % every night.

But lets face it you don'T have ot be 100 % every night to win hockey games.

As we can see clearly with other teams.

Imagine for a second that we've had solid goaltending the whole season, I am 100 % confident we'd be ahead of philly

Old
03-24-2006, 12:15 PM
YOUTH OF HABS

Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
i agree borat!

earlier this season i was quite dissapointed with the pickup of the dandy man...but he has really improved his game since coming back from the olympic break and made some key plays.

he took a nice pass from bonk yesterday!

the puzzle is coming together....

Old
03-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Shabutie

Borat....Help support our troops sir.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:17 PM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT
if we don't make the playoffs this year, the sole blame will go on Theodore, in my opinion,

Yes the team wasn't 100 % every night.

But lets face it you don'T have ot be 100 % every night to win hockey games.

As we can see clearly with other teams.

Imagine for a second that we've had solid goaltending the whole season, I am 100 % confident we'd be ahead of philly
I totally agree with you Borat ! Although I hate playing the blame game, I wonder what kind of eason this would have been without all the 10 -3 losses

Old
03-24-2006, 12:21 PM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Borat....Help support our troops sir.
The DRIVE is ALIVE !!!

Old
03-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
Dandenault's smile makes me laugh everytime.

But I gotta say...he's looking great out there the last month or so.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:32 PM
psychonaut

Is he not like a +10 in the last 20 games?
good job Me too I was not happy at first, but again Bob proved to me he knows more. (im still not convince on the lines )

Old
03-24-2006, 12:34 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

I predicted a number of people would eat crow concerning Dandy. As the Dandenault bandwagon leader it's still early to say I told you so but I hope we do make the playoffs because I think that's where he will shine.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Matrix

Maybe the D's are allowed to pinch now from time to time???

Is it possible that Green didn't want them to do so 'cause he didn't knew how to do it anyway???

I don't like Dandy but we sure are blind if we do so an improvement in the last past games. Good job Dandy!

Old
03-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
Maybe the D's are allowed to pinch now from time to time???

Is it possible that Green didn't want them to do so 'cause he didn't knew how to do it anyway???

I don't like Dandy but we sure are blind if we do so an improvement in the last past games. Good job Dandy!
It's a huge difference overall from the Green regime. Even guys like Komisarek are now allowed to jump into the play, and I've been very surprised to see that he actually does have some offensive sense -- I had sort of given up on that part of his game.

You can also see the difference in defensive zone coverage. Before they were so passive, and now they're told to go out and drill the opposing forwards into the boards and especially if they try to come out from behind the net.

Dandenault has been criticized more than any other player this year, but he's been very good recently. Maybe it was just a question of letting him play the role he's comfortable with. He may still only be a 5th defenceman, but given the right responsibilities and freedoms, he could turn out to be a very solid 5th D for 1.7 million.

Old
03-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Live Forever

I think in general, our entire defensive corps hase really improved...Dandenault is a great example of improvement. He's really tightened up defensively and is knotching in a couple also. Look at Komo...His development over the last couple weeks has improved exponentially. Souray is getting back into 03-04 form and it just seems like his slap shots from the point are finding their way to the back of the net...Also how often has he missed the net with his bullet? Nowhere as often as the beginning of the season.

Old
03-24-2006, 01:17 PM
MissCanuck

I was really down on him for a while- just was not impressed, but he has definitely picked it up lately. Nice to see. Good job, Dandy.

Old
03-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
It's a huge difference overall from the Green regime. Even guys like Komisarek are now allowed to jump into the play, and I've been very surprised to see that he actually does have some offensive sense -- I had sort of given up on that part of his game.

You can also see the difference in defensive zone coverage. Before they were so passive, and now they're told to go out and drill the opposing forwards into the boards and especially if they try to come out from behind the net.

Dandenault has been criticized more than any other player this year, but he's been very good recently. Maybe it was just a question of letting him play the role he's comfortable with. He may still only be a 5th defenceman, but given the right responsibilities and freedoms, he could turn out to be a very solid 5th D for 1.7 million.
Thank God that he's gone...

Cap

Closed Thread