HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCF Gm#2 5/15/12 : KINGS Defeat COYOTES 4-0, Lead Series 2-0

Old
05-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Butch 19
King me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Thank goodness Brown was alright. So impressed with how the team is playing. I can't believe how many years we've waited to see this.
Yeah, he took a severe beating - several times. Out of all the dives with no penalty called I've seen this postseason, Brown gets one for going down after being tomahawked by Smith?!?!? The NHL owes Brown an apology phone call later tonight. Watch the effin' YT TO! That was no "dive."

Smith is a little ***** and deserves to be taken out (ok, he's a big *****), and Doan ain't much better.

Phx has really got nothing, so they're starting to goon it up. They had 1 shot at a 3-on-2 tonight, but they pulled up at the blue line. They got NOTHING - and they know it.

Now it's just a matter if the Kings win in a sweep or do they need 5 games to put these rat ******* dogs (and their ***** fans) out of their misery.

GKG!! Do it in 4!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:33 PM
LSnow

One of the most exciting games in a while!!

And im rooting for Phoenix!! Because im afraid as a Finn to jump to Kings bandwagon, because teams we root for have tendency to lose the most excrusiating way possible, while just before giving hope that this time it will be different! Worked for caps so hoping it works for Phoenix too !!

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:34 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
The NHL network is drooling over the Kings right now. It's so surreal.
just about to post that. I think one of the most satisfying things right now is that networks are forced to talk about the Kings right now. After being ignored by all NHL media, and, worst, the LA media, we finally are able to put our stamp in the world. For the first time, I can watch Kings highlights and listen to analysts talking about our team. It truly is 2012...

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:35 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Sutter is actually smiling.

He looks giddy.
Well, ya know we're up 2-0 in the WCF, right?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:36 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Wasn't even remotely concerned during the game the Kings wouldn't pull this off. Quick *always* has a bounce back game after a rough start. 2nd playoff shutout.

Kings look fabulous.

It's a shame that when a team puts a game out of reach they basically have to play injury roulette and hope everyone comes out of it OK. That goonery Phoenix laid on in the 2nd and 3rd was shameful, and there'd better be at least one suspension that comes out of that mess. That ref who called the diving penalty on Brown should be banished for the rest of the playoffs. Horrible call.

GO KINGS GO! You don't get anything for 2! Get another one on Thursday.
The Smith slash was a f-ing joke. The fact that a goalie can do that, with a possibility of injury and the league cant do anything but fine him. Yet, a player can run into him and could face a suspension.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:37 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
The NHL network is drooling over the Kings right now. It's so surreal.
Does anyone have links to video of this. I went on the NHL Network and NBC Sports sites looking for post game analysis, etc. and didn't find much in the way of video. Nothing like TSN which links a video with every word their guys say.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

In a perfect world, Shanahan would have the balls to suspend Doan, Hanzal and Smith each for one game. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world.

I think Hanzal gets 1 game, but the NHL will cave and let Doan and Smith off easy.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:38 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Well, ya know we're up 2-0 in the WCF, right?
You don't get nothin' for 10. Also change you're ****ing avatar.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Still surprised no one is talking about the intent to injure penalty that smith should have received. Hanzel and smith should be suspended.

Doan should get nothing.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I'm a bit intoxicated right now...but well worth it. Was at a bar that was well behind the Kings (Phoenix, in particular Mike Smith is not well liked around these parts)

- I love Dwight King, what a pleasant surprise he has been all season. Has played in a scoring role with PP time, in energy and defensive roles and just been excellent every place they have put him.

- Carter, he had been a ghost most of his time here but he came up big tonight. We need him to be big the rest of the way if we're going to hoist the Cup in a couple of weeks.

- Said this in the GDT, the diving call on Brown is one of the worst calls I have seen in any sport. I don't know what else to say, the official should be removed from calling any more games in these playoffs.

- My man crush on Brown continues to grow, keep throwing those cheap shots at him Phoenix, it isn't going to stop him, and if our PP starts clicking it's going to be a sweep.

As for Phoenix, now I realize if the shoe were on the other foot and Brown or Stoll pulled what Doan, Smith and Hanzal did there would be a few idiots on this board saying how "It sends a message" or "Not going down without a fight" ... But I really have no idea how any rational fan could support players like Shane Doan and Raffi Torres. They are bad people and bad for the game. So sick of the Canadian media and now NBCSN hyping this guy and all his "intangibles" yes we know he is a "Good Western Canadian Boy" or whatever the hell Don Cherry wants to say, but in reality he is a clown who hopefully gets his one day.

And it's time to stop giving Tippett a free pass, how many cheap shots are these idiots going to throw before you start to wonder what is being said behind closed doors by this guy.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
The Smith slash was a f-ing joke. The fact that a goalie can do that, with a possibility of injury and the league cant do anything but fine him. Yet, a player can run into him and could face a suspension.
... and Brown gets a diving penalty...?? The NBC announcers let that go real quick. I mean WTF did the ref see as embellishment?

Wouldn't that be an appropriate time for the refs to huddle up, maybe look at the replay and discuss what happened - like when the Kings got screwed in Phx during the season?!?

I am still pisssssed about the dive penalty.

I'm sorry, a goalie slash like that in the 80s or 90s was a somewhat "common occurance," but now they're trying to clean up the game. A slash like that should be a 1 game suspension.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Not to mention that goaltender interference was more blatant flopping by Smith, something he has done multiple times now in the playoffs.

Seriously, these guys make the Vancouver Canucks look like a bunch of Lady Byng winners, what a garbage franchise, garbage fans, garbage coach, garbage captain, garbage goaltender.

Old
05-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Congratulations to the Kings on matching the NY Islanders road playoff record. A league record.

Dare you bring up the last team to win four Cups in a row? What are you implying?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
End of Line
Human After All

Great performance by your team tonight.

I'm merely a neutral fan in this series (Even though, just look at my avatar lol), I completely lost it at the Smith slash and Hanzal board. What Smith did was pure intent to injure there and deserves a game. Hanzal just said "**** it" to himself and charged Brown from behind and drove him into the boards, that deserves a game if not more. The announcers, dear god were they horrid. Pang and Engblom pretty much defending what Smith and Hanzal did.

Keep fighting and sweep these guys!

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

It would be so sweet if Smith got a game and Lolbarbera had to start on Thursday. Goals for everybody!

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
sueroe

I was just watching the replays and boy did Kopi show patience on his goal.
I can't see how they wouldn't suspend Hanzel. Mike Richards looks fantastic. He has been great for that line.

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:44 PM
jml87

Lol, people still saying that this is all a fluke and Kings haven't been tested yet. Sadly, it's mostly by Canucks fans. They still think they lost because the Canucks blew it not because the Kings were better. The Kings are playing incredible dominating hockey to the point that the other team is so frustrated that they can only respond with cheap shots. They have not lost a game on the road these playoffs, they are 10-1, and yet every series people expect them to just fold to the other team. The Kings dominate again, and then the opposing team is labeled as bad or blowing it. I seriously don't think we'll get any credit from some people unless the Kings take it all the way.

Granted the detractors are getting less and less each round, but it's still annoying. No one would be saying these things if it were the Red Wings or the Canucks doing this.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Wooty

Really forgetting the penalty, **** Smith, he is not a good goalie. Leave him in and let him continue his melt down.

He ain't stoppin' no puck no how.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:45 PM
bbfrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
From The Mayor's Twitter feed:

"Quick on if the #LAKings were under the skin of #Coyotes tonight - 'You don't win two rounds this time of the year by rattling easily.'"

Beautiful.

Doan won't be suspended. Hanzal better eat at least a game. I think Morris was the dirtiest one but I doubt it even gets another word. Smith is a piece of **** and I've hated him all season but tonight he just cemented it by hurting our best player. Smoking them 4-0 is the best revenge, of course, but man, do the Kings ever have more restraint than me...
Speaking of rattling....4 fans thrown out of Jobing.com tonite in our general area. 1 Coyote and 3 Kings. All different sub sections. Talk about bias.
It was an amazing feeling to walk around the arena and have other Kings fans high five and shout out to each other. Something special coupled with the win.

bbfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Still surprised no one is talking about the intent to injure penalty that smith should have received. Hanzel and smith should be suspended.

Doan should get nothing.
No way Smith gets suspended. NHL is not going to suspend a teams only goalie (don't say Labarbra) for a game in round three unless there is an injury.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Scottkmlps

Watching TSN That's Hockey 2Nite. The Coyotes are saying EXACTLY what the Canucks & Blues were saying after the first 2 games. I'll just translate it for everyone, "Uh, oh, we're ****ed.".

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

I seriously want to go down to the *fake beach* Toronto has down by the lake and build a massive sandcastle in your honour.

Having been born and raised in Toronto - and being a Hawks fan...words can't describe my love for you guys xxoo.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan MD View Post
The announcers, dear god were they horrid. Pang and Engblom pretty much defending what Smith and Hanzal did.

For me, the worst part of the game was Trevor Lewis being boarded and then Pang IMMEDIATELY blaming ......Trevor Lewis?! WTF????

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
No way Smith gets suspended. NHL is not going to suspend a teams only goalie (don't say Labarbra) for a game in round three unless there is an injury.
Doesn't matter, he isn't stopping the puck anyway. Let him play

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Herby
Culture Changer

You could see the Hanzal board coming a mile away. I said to my buddies as soon as Brown went in on the forecheck "He is going to get boarded" and sure enough, he gets leveled. You come to epect things like that from a pathetic franchise with a pathetic captain like Shane Doan, he sure leads by example. Congrats on getting out of the first round for the first time in your career.