HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCF Gm#2 5/15/12 : KINGS Defeat COYOTES 4-0, Lead Series 2-0

Old
05-15-2012, 11:46 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Yes, I'm upset too. I spent the whole game worried cheap hits and intent to injure from the Jokes. Not fun to watch at all.
Honestly, I didn't think the cheapshots started until the Doan major (which wasn't legal, but wasn't as "cheap" as the rest of the night got). Up until that point, the Coyotes were at least getting stretches where it looked like at any moment they might break through, and I was even praising them in the main boards GDT for not falling into the Blues/Canucks Game Two trap...

Then Smith tomahawk chopped Brown, and it was ALL downhill from there.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:47 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Did not read the GDT but I want to give all my love to Penner for the way he steps up for his teammates.

There is no doubt how much he has became a real King's player. I don't know much about his past history on other teams but has he always been like this?

I freaking love it.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
No way Smith gets suspended. NHL is not going to suspend its teams only goalie (don't say Labarbra) for a game in round three unless there is an injury.
Sorry, I had to do it.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:48 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
In a perfect world, Shanahan would have the balls to suspend Doan, Hanzal and Smith each for one game. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world.

I think Hanzal gets 1 game, but the NHL will cave and let Doan and Smith off easy.
Just remember who still owns the Coyotes. There's no way the league has the stones to suspend Doan. He'll get the star treatment, even though he's a repeat offender and get fined $250.00.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:48 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
The Smith slash was a f-ing joke. The fact that a goalie can do that, with a possibility of injury and the league cant do anything but fine him. Yet, a player can run into him and could face a suspension.
Smith is a diver that plays up his concussion history to gain sympathy from the refs but is actually a *$(#ch that can't handle contact and freaks if someone touches him... What else is new. Knew this since he got hit against the Hawks and in the first period he tried the same "I'm playing the puck with my head down, pleases someone graze me" crap and no one took it luckily. Went behind the net and took FOREVER to play the puck and no one went near him. Then he chops Brown down and takes a bad penalty because he can't do anything else. He should be suspended or fined because never comes near him and it's pretty blatant attempt to injury but he won't because well it's phoenix and we should jerk them off while they lose two more games...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:50 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
Honestly, I didn't think the cheapshots started until the Doan major (which wasn't legal, but wasn't as "cheap" as the rest of the night got). Up until that point, the Coyotes were at least getting stretches where it looked like at any moment they might break through, and I was even praising them in the main boards GDT for not falling into the Blues/Canucks Game Two trap...

Then Smith tomahawk chopped Brown, and it was ALL downhill from there.
What bothered me the most was that they were just as bad in the third. Tippett either encouraged it, or the team ignored him.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Mayor

Quote:
#Coyotes Mike Smith sold teammates out 2nt in post-game scrum. Basically said LA crashing his net, Phx players not on Quick, only 23 SOG.
Not surprised. He usually blames his defensemen too when he lets in bad goals.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:51 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
You don't get nothin' for 10. Also change you're ****ing avatar.
The Kings are 10-1 in the playoffs since I was forced to use this avatar. NAFC!!!!

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Watching TSN That's Hockey 2Nite. The Coyotes are saying EXACTLY what the Canucks & Blues were saying after the first 2 games. I'll just translate it for everyone, "Uh, oh, we're ****ed.".
LOL! My thoughts exactly

Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Wooty

Quote:
#Coyotes Mike Smith sold teammates out 2nt in post-game scrum. Basically said LA crashing his net, Phx players not on Quick, only 23 SOG.
Who said this? what does it mean?

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:53 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Trying to hurt our guys... Not cool. At all...

Glad we won. That will show em.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:54 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Smith is ****ing *****. And the hit by Morris pissed me off as well, went right at Scuderi's knee

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Smith is a little *****. Dives more than Luongo and can't handle pressure around the crease.

Now he calls out his team mates.

Tippett runs a dirty team. Doan, Torres, smith, hanzel and Morris. Very disappointing. He defends them too.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Btw TSN were fine today much better and they did not like the embellish call against Brown. They were actually very good today.

Lewis turning right before the hit from Doan? Watch the replay from the boards. Doan had all the time in the world to avoid that.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:55 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Pathetic display by the Yotes.

The NBC announcers were really grasping at straws trying to focus on the positive play by Phoenix. I don't think it was bias but just rather desperation to try to make this series interesting to a neutral fan because, let's face it, the kings are so dominant there is no suspense for a neutral fan.
I felt bad for Strader, Pang and Engblom (and the TSN guys as well). They have nothing to sell a national audience. It's so one-sided. I have a couple friends who are live sports broadcasters I can tell you the thing they dread most is a lopsided game - much less a series. That's a LOT of airtime to fill when games are gone.

I understand why some neutral folks (and some not) are saying the Kings or Coyotes are "boring". If you're a neutral fan watching, what's there to watch? It's been completely one-sided hockey for the most part, save for 2 of the 5 Vancouver games. There's very little drama... no nothing. Just LA winning without much of a challenge. Great if you're an LA fan or like to watch really, really dominating hockey for long stretches at a time.

My god... this is the Western Conference Final and it's like the Kings are facing Columbus out there. I'm a little stunned myself. More than a little stunned. Shocked.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
You could see the Hanzal board coming a mile away. I said to my buddies as soon as Brown went in on the forecheck "He is going to get boarded" and sure enough, he gets leveled. You come to epect things like that from a pathetic franchise with a pathetic captain like Shane Doan, he sure leads by example. Congrats on getting out of the first round for the first time in your career.
I agree with everything you've said thus far Herby but especially this. As soon as Brown entered the zone, I thought "uh oh", except I was looking around for Klesla, who's been trying to headhunt him all series so far...

What a pathetic team. At least St. Louis and Van battled hard and mostly face-to-face. These pukes cheap shot and won't back anything up.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Smith is a little *****. Dives more than Luongo and can't handle pressure around the crease.

Now he calls out his team mates

If this is true, I'd bench him if I was Tippet. Smith is this series' Kesler, only way worse.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
Really forgetting the penalty, **** Smith, he is not a good goalie. Leave him in and let him continue his melt down.

He ain't stoppin' no puck no how.
Smith plays a style that is tailor made for the way the Kings are playing right now. He is way too deep in his net. That makes it even easier for our boys to crash the net and set up screens.

Old
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

I really don't agree with the Doan hit being dirty. All the analysts have been saying the same thing, Lewis turned at the last second when Doan was already near the hit. They didn't even see that as a game misconduct and I agree with them. If you don't agree with the analysts, then you should at least give weight to DS who said it was a hockey play and he didn't have a problem with that hit. Even he commented that Lewis turned late, he wasn't "defenseless" as defined by the rules

Smith, Morris, and Hanzal were dirty though. Hanzal should get a suspension. Smith won't because there's been no precedence and I don't think they'll use playoffs to set it. But I definitely think they should. That was blatant intent to injure. There's nothing hockey to that.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:00 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I felt bad for Strader, Pang and Engblom (and the TSN guys as well). They have nothing to sell a national audience. It's so one-sided. I have a couple friends who are live sports broadcasters I can tell you the thing they dread most is a lopsided game - much less a series. That's a LOT of airtime to fill when games are gone.

I understand why some neutral folks (and some not) are saying the Kings or Coyotes are "boring". If you're a neutral fan watching, what's there to watch? It's been completely one-sided hockey for the most part, save for 2 of the 5 Vancouver games. There's very little drama... no nothing. Just LA winning without much of a challenge. Great if you're an LA fan or like to watch really, really dominating hockey for long stretches at a time.

My god... this is the Western Conference Final and it's like the Kings are facing Columbus out there. I'm a little stunned myself. More than a little stunned. Shocked.
See, time to bring in Bob and Jim for a guest appearance. "Well hello Kings fans, I know you're all Kings fans, because who else would be watching this at this point. We certainly are enjoying the action here in Phoenix as the Kings streamroll the Coyotes on their way to the Stanley Cup Final."

Old
05-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
It would be so sweet if Smith got a game and Lolbarbera had to start on Thursday. Goals for everybody!
Babs can't stop a beach ball......

Classic POS move on Smith's part. Hope these ****ers get swept....

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:07 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
I really don't agree with the Doan hit being dirty. All the analysts have been saying the same thing, Lewis turned at the last second when Doan was already near the hit. They didn't even see that as a game misconduct and I agree with them. If you don't agree with the analysts, then you should at least give weight to DS who said it was a hockey play and he didn't have a problem with that hit. Even he commented that Lewis turned late, he wasn't "defenseless" as defined by the rules

Smith, Morris, and Hanzal were dirty though. Hanzal should get a suspension. Smith won't because there's been no precedence and I don't think they'll use playoffs to set it. But I definitely think they should. That was blatant intent to injure. There's nothing hockey to that.
Someone brought this up after the Smith chop during the broadcast, that back in the day if a goalie did that, he'd expect to get run and it'd be done. Now, a goalie can do it and if you retaliate at all you could be the one facing a suspension.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:08 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
See, time to bring in Bob and Jim for a guest appearance. "Well hello Kings fans, I know you're all Kings fans, because who else would be watching this at this point. We certainly are enjoying the action here in Phoenix as the Kings streamroll the Coyotes on their way to the Stanley Cup Final."
I literally laughed out loud.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Shane Doan did a great job tonight by leading by example. Phoenix was still in that game until he hit Lewis from behind. Then it was straight downhill for the Coyotes after that.

Nice to see Carter show up, that was big for him. Penner's been solid too and our PP got going. Still a tough road ahead of us but I'm very proud of the boys

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Did not read the GDT but I want to give all my love to Penner for the way he steps up for his teammates.

There is no doubt how much he has became a real King's player. I don't know much about his past history on other teams but has he always been like this?

I freaking love it.
Penner's passion really shines through when he stands up for his team. Playoff Pancakes are the best......

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote