HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCF Gm#2 5/15/12 : KINGS Defeat COYOTES 4-0, Lead Series 2-0

Old
05-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2045
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
I really don't agree with the Doan hit being dirty. All the analysts have been saying the same thing, Lewis turned at the last second when Doan was already near the hit. They didn't even see that as a game misconduct and I agree with them. If you don't agree with the analysts, then you should at least give weight to DS who said it was a hockey play and he didn't have a problem with that hit. Even he commented that Lewis turned late, he wasn't "defenseless" as defined by the rules

Smith, Morris, and Hanzal were dirty though. Hanzal should get a suspension. Smith won't because there's been no precedence and I don't think they'll use playoffs to set it. But I definitely think they should. That was blatant intent to injure. There's nothing hockey to that.
I like Doan, but I thought the hit was late and dirty. He was coming in with force to lay a hit regardless. He was committed way to early, and he was irresponsible in doing so.

It's silly trying to blame Lewis for trying to control the puck imo.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:12 AM
T308
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Melrose on the slash "The Supreme Court should look at that".

T308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I was defending Pang till half way through. Just grinds my gears that we aren't allowed to have our highly decorated, HOF broadcast team involved, yet we've had to go through two series now that have had a home broadcaster involved and two with a rival broadcaster to our team involved. That stings pretty bad.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Wooty

Did Smith say something public about his team? (I am old and confused, someone help me!)

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:16 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Smith is a little *****. Dives more than Luongo and can't handle pressure around the crease.

Now he calls out his team mates.

Tippett runs a dirty team. Doan, Torres, smith, hanzel and Morris. Very disappointing. He defends them too.
You still want Tippet as the coach here ?

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Do any of you guys feel really happy of the win? I really dont know, I feel disgusted, Phoenix didn't have goals on their mind, they were out for blood. Im glad we won, but i dont know the win doesn't mean much, that was just really dirty. Im really upset.
Playoff Hockey - smart kings hockey. Do you for one second really believe Brown didn't know that hit was coming? He knows the situation he stops up waits for the hit and go crashing into the boards. Few seconds later he's got a big grin on the bench. Lewis play was also a play a lot of players in the NHL use turn your back at the last moment get bashed draw a penalty. It really is a smart and also dangerous play by Lewis. Look when your up 4-0 in the 3rd you have to know its going to get really chippy.
Phoenix lost it's composure and now faces suspension. Doan gets a game and Smith and Hanzel get fines.

Go Kings go.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Ha! I knew someone would raise this question.

Bottomline is, if your team is down and dominated to some degree much like the yotes had been, you try and do anything to try and change the momentum.

Old
05-16-2012, 12:20 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Playoff Hockey - smart kings hockey. Do you for one second really believe Brown didn't know that hit was coming? He knows the situation he stops up waits for the hit and go crashing into the boards. Few seconds later he's got a big grin on the bench. Lewis play was also a play a lot of players in the NHL use turn your back at the last moment get bashed draw a penalty. It really is a smart and also dangerous play by Lewis. Look when your up 4-0 in the 3rd you have to know its going to get really chippy.
Phoenix lost it's composure and now faces suspension. Doan gets a game and Smith and Hanzel get fines.

Go Kings go.
If you think Brown tried to get hit like that....well I can't help you then.

Hits like that lead to people never walking again....

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Nefarious
Brad Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post

I'm still trying to figure out how Brown got up from that hit, much less play the rest of the game (and throwing hits!). That hit hurt me watching it.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Ha! I knew someone would raise this question.

Bottomline is, if your team is down and dominated to some degree much like the yotes had been, you try and do anything to try and change the momentum.
Bull****!

What they did tonight has no place in the game. If you want to see that kind of hockey go watch the Central Hockey League or the Quebec Semi-Pro league and say hi to Johnny for me while you're there.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:24 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
See, time to bring in Bob and Jim for a guest appearance. "Well hello Kings fans, I know you're all Kings fans, because who else would be watching this at this point. We certainly are enjoying the action here in Phoenix as the Kings streamroll the Coyotes on their way to the Stanley Cup Final."
LOL...

Thanks for reminding me Kings Live is on. Gotta get my Bob and Jim fix.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:24 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
I really don't agree with the Doan hit being dirty. All the analysts have been saying the same thing, Lewis turned at the last second when Doan was already near the hit. They didn't even see that as a game misconduct and I agree with them. If you don't agree with the analysts, then you should at least give weight to DS who said it was a hockey play and he didn't have a problem with that hit. Even he commented that Lewis turned late, he wasn't "defenseless" as defined by the rules

Smith, Morris, and Hanzal were dirty though. Hanzal should get a suspension. Smith won't because there's been no precedence and I don't think they'll use playoffs to set it. But I definitely think they should. That was blatant intent to injure. There's nothing hockey to that.
This I agree with 100% Doan's call was kind of BS and I didn't really get how it was a game misconduct. SHould of been a 5 minute and nothing more than that I though as your right Lewis turns and then Doan hits him. Lewis put himself in a spot to be hurt severly and Doan finished a check that he had already started. But the others, those were blatant...

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
I agree with you. But what pissesd me off, is that this type of hit has occured several times this last season, and the announcers have NEVER mentioned that the checkee turned his back to the checker. The checker really can't be expected to stop on a dime after he's committed to his check.

But now they bring it up when 2 Kings players get boarded in the WCF. That's b*******! This should have been mentioned many times before this.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:29 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
Did Smith say something public about his team? (I am old and confused, someone help me!)
It looked like someone reported that Smith told off his team at the intermission. Nothing directly from anyone involved.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:29 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
This I agree with 100% Doan's call was kind of BS and I didn't really get how it was a game misconduct. SHould of been a 5 minute and nothing more than that I though as your right Lewis turns and then Doan hits him. Lewis put himself in a spot to be hurt severly and Doan finished a check that he had already started. But the others, those were blatant...
The game is automatic if you get a major penalty.

I don't like Doan, but I don't think he deserves any suspension or anything.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:30 AM
ru4reals

After watching that slash again and again I still can't believe people are saying that Brown was diving! Effin unbelievable! And what made it worst was the stupid @ss refs calling a dive on Brown! Pathetic! But anyways so freakin proud of this team right now! Just sweep these little B****es!

ru4reals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Bull****!

What they did tonight has no place in the game. If you want to see that kind of hockey go watch the Central Hockey League or the Quebec Semi-Pro league and say hi to Johnny for me while you're there.
Oh, I agree that they were out of control. But like I said, when you're being dominated, you get frustrated, and when you get frustrated, these things happen.

I'm in no way condoning it. In fact, I would like to see Smith get suspended along with Doan and Hanzal.

Old
05-16-2012, 12:34 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Just saw the Hanzal hit for the first time. Absolutely suspension worthy.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:35 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
If Tippet replaced Kompon, our offense would be unbelievable. We would probably be compared to the 2002 Detroit Red Wings.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
If Tippet replaced Kompon, our offense would be unbelievable. We would probably be compared to the 2002 Detroit Red Wings.
And the PP would score without it being a 5-on-3.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:37 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
And the PP would score without it being a 5-on-3.
They would probably make memes about the Kings. We'd be the Chuck Norris of hockey.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Wooty

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-philly-dirty/

Quote:
“I don’t think it was too dirty,” Kopitar said. “I don’t think it was Pittsburgh-Philly like.”
Quote:
Leave it to the best player in the Western Conference finals to give us all a little extra perspective.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post

Doan had time to ease up on the hit, but he didn't.

Old
05-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
It's nice to see all of the kings hate on the main boards. Must mean the kings are winning.

People are still saying it is just luck and the kings haven't faced a good team or goalie yet. Now they are saying that NY will destroy the kings in the finals.

Haters gonna hate.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post

Trust me KingLb when you know it's coming and off the boards like that it does not hurt. Played many years of hockey it's easy to embellish it. Ones that hurt are the ones your not expecting, off balance, or crouching down and go head first those are the ones that end your career. Brown is upright and balanced takes the hit and falls like a house of cards. I know the look he had on the bench it's the same one I used to have when I played. Is it smart no but us guys do dumb stuff to try to win a game.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote