HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Penguin movable players

Old
05-16-2012, 06:48 AM
Lemieuxfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
Penguin movable players

Here's a list of players I could accept beeing traded:

Park, Asham and Sullivan will become UFA, so I took them out.

F:
Kunitz; 61P, +16
Cooke 38P, +5
Jeffrey 6, -4 (played only 26 games)
Kennedy 33P, +10 (60 GP)
Vitale 14, -5 (68GP)
Adams 18, -6

D:
Lovejoy 5, +3 (34GP)

Question: would you like to aquire one of those or more and what would you give up?

Team needs: young forwards, a young backup or prospects (forward/GK)

Team strength: huge deept Center and at the blueline (with missing star power, outside of Letang), so you could also ask for everybody on the blueline, outside of Letang.

Goals of the trade: get stuff we can send packing for a top guy (kind of 3 way trade), or players we can develop, who are promising or just to cut sallary. I also want to make sure that we can give our young guys a fair chance (e.g Tangradi)

My thoughts:
what I think the players are worth:

Kunitz for a 1rst and 3rd (to much)?
Kennedy for a 2nd+3rd
Cooke for a 3rd+5th
Vitale for a 4th
Adams for a 5th
Jeffrey for a 4th (sry, we won't get more I guess)
Lovejoy (D) for a 7th

who they might fatch:
Considering that just the first 3 of them have value, I won't even try to make proposals for the bottom 4.

My trade wishes:
Kennedy for the rights of Sutter
Michalek and Kennedy for a top winger
Cooke and Despres for a top young forward prospect
Cooke for a backup
Kunitz and Despres for a top winger

Please make offers based on my trade wishes!!!

edit: if somebody would offer 2x 2nd rounders (or the value of that) I would think about giving up Dupuis..but I think that we should not trade him.

edit:
As somebody got that wrong, no I don't want to sell the team for picks, I want to win now and upgrade. When i write what I expect as kind of value-return(the pick stuff) that's just about the value, like i said we need players comming back or do a 3 way trade.

Last edited by Lemieuxfan: 05-16-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Lemieuxfan

if we would trade everybody for picks, that leaves:

X-Crosby-X
Staal-Malkin-Neal
Tangradi-Dupuis-X
X-X-X

Letang, Orpik, Martin, Michalek, Engelland

Fleury

Niskanen would be RFA, and we would have $ 19, 758, 333 to re-upp our lineup (if the cap would be at 70m)

If we would pay Niskanen 2.7, that would leave 17m for 2 top 6 wingers, a 3rd line winger (1.5m), the 4th line (3.5m), a 7th dman (1m) and a backup (1m), so we could spend 11m on those 2 wingers. Maybe we could even get one of the HUGE UFA's...but again, we would have to trade Cooke, Kennedy and maybe Kunitz to do so, or we just trade Cooke and Kennedy and plug Kunitz on the 1rst line. That would leave us roguhly 7m for a winger.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:14 AM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
Here's a list of players I could accept beeing traded:

Park, Asham and Sullivan will become UFA, so I took them out.

F:
Kunitz; 61P, +16
Cooke 38P, +5
Jeffrey 6, -4 (played only 26 games)
Kennedy 33P, +10 (60 GP)
Vitale 14, -5 (68GP)
Adams 18, -6

D:
Lovejoy 5, +3 (34GP)

Question: would you like to aquire one of those or more and what would you give up?

Team needs: young forwards, a young backup or prospects (forward/GK)

Team strength: huge deept Center and at the blueline (with missing star power, outside of Letang), so you could also ask for everybody on the blueline, outside of Letang.

Goals of the trade: get stuff we can send packing for a top guy, or players we can develop, who are promising or just to cut sallary. I also want to make sure that we can give our young guys a fair chance (e.g Tangradi)

My thoughts:
what I think the players are worth:

Kunitz for a 1rst and 3rd (to much)?
Kennedy for a 2nd+3rd
Cooke for a 3rd+5th
Vitale for a 4th
Adams for a 5th
Jeffrey for a 4th (sry, we won't get more I guess)
Lovejoy (D) for a 7th

who they might fatch:
Considering that just the first 3 of them have value, I won't even try to make proposals for the bottom 4.

My trade wishes:
Kennedy for the rights of Sutter
Michalek and Kennedy for a top winger
Cooke and Despres for a top young forward prospect
Cooke for a backup

Please make offers based on my trade wishes!!!

edit: if somebody would offer 2x 2nd rounders (or the value of that) I would think about giving up Dupuis..but I think that we should not trade him.
I'd rather keep Kunitz and Cooke. Possibly Vitale as well.

Available:
Kennedy
Adams
Jeffrey
Lovejoy
Martin
Michalek(maybe)

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:15 AM
wej20

Can't see Kunitz or Vitale being moved. You can probably add Niskanen as possibly getting moved.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Trading Kunitz for picks is borderline retarded. We need top six wingers, we don't have a surplus. adding Despres for a small upgrade over Kuni isn't worth it. vitale is also a perfect fourth line center, don't see why he should go.

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Lemieuxfan

we did not succed with them in the last 3 years, so we need a shakeup!

we need to take a look at UFA's such as Hudler, Jagr, Doan, Semin, Jokinen, Parenteau, Parise or Whitney. We need to go into another direction.

If it was up on me, I would make a huge offer for Semin and Parenteau. Give one of those a chance to play with Malkin. I want to get somebody who has some hands at some point. Kunitz has played a really good season, he has value now. We could really benefit from a trade there.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Lemieuxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
Trading Kunitz for picks is borderline retarded. We need top six wingers, we don't have a surplus. adding Despres for a small upgrade over Kuni isn't worth it. vitale is also a perfect fourth line center, don't see why he should go.
then you got me absolutley wrong!!

I want to strengthen the top 6. You have to give to get. Kunitz has some value, that's sure. When I wrote the pick stuff, it was only to show what I think there players are worth, but we need players at this point, or we need to do some kind of 3-way trade!

OR we sign a UFA and trade Kunitz/Cooke and/or Kennedy to make room.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:26 AM
wej20

Quote:

we need to take a look at UFA's such as Hudler, Jagr, Doan, Semin, Jokinen, Parenteau, Parise or Whitney. We need to go into another direction.

If it was up on me, I would make a huge offer for Semin and Parenteau. Give one of those a chance to play with Malkin. I want to get somebody who has some hands at some point. Kunitz has played a really good season, he has value now. We could really benefit from a trade there.
No chance that Semin or Jagr end up here. Doan and Whitney will be back with the Yotes if they stay in Phoenix. Parise is a pipedream. Parenteau isn't going to be putting up 67 points on the Pens IMO and he's rumoured to be looking to get paid. Kunitz fits the system great, no point gambling by moving him for a late 1st and not being able to fill his spot with someone better.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Lemieuxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
No chance that Semin or Jagr end up here. Doan and Whitney will be back with the Yotes if they stay in Phoenix. Parise is a pipedream. Parenteau isn't going to be putting up 67 points on the Pens IMO and he's rumoured to be looking to get paid. Kunitz fits the system great, no point gambling by moving him for a late 1st and not being able to fill his spot with someone better.
please read my post. I want upgrades.

I see us having a chance at Semin, if we really try. Maybe he likes Malkin, who knows?..

I know Parise, Jagr, Doan and Whitney will most likley not come here, but that is just one way to get it done. I mean that's why I always said Kunitz + (e.g Despres) for a really good guy...Kunitz is good..but at some point good is not good enough.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:43 AM
wej20

Quote:
please read my post. I want upgrades.

I see us having a chance at Semin, if we really try. Maybe he likes Malkin, who knows?..

I know Parise, Jagr, Doan and Whitney will most likley not come here, but that is just one way to get it done. I mean that's why I always said Kunitz + (e.g Despres) for a really good guy...Kunitz is good..but at some point good is not good enough.
who are you proposing as an upgrade?

I just don't think Shero and Bylsma have any interest in Semin.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:53 AM
HoseEmDown

What would you be willing to give up for Teddy Purcell? I was thinking Despres +, I think Kunitz is too much but maybe Cooke?

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Lemieuxfan

my original offer was:

I think about Lucic, Sharp, Ryan or Pominville..and dream from Kane, Eberle, Perry or Seguin (but I know they would laugh about my offer, even if we added a 1rst or even 2x 1rst round picks)

damn I would love to have Lucic here..he could do wonders for us. Uses the body so damn well and is a great player, the only problem, why should Boston do that...

edit: Cooke+ a nice prospect might get us Ryder, that should be considered, if Dallas would do that.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Lemieuxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
What would you be willing to give up for Teddy Purcell? I was thinking Despres +, I think Kunitz is too much but maybe Cooke?
That's a really tough call.

Despres and Cooke for Purcell seems to be good to me.

Would you accept Niskanen, Cooke and a 2nd for Purcell? ( I would love that)

Old
05-16-2012, 08:16 AM
wej20

Quote:
my original offer was:

I think about Lucic, Sharp, Ryan or Pominville..and dream from Kane, Eberle, Perry or Seguin (but I know they would laugh about my offer, even if we added a 1rst or even 2x 1rst round picks)

damn I would love to have Lucic here..he could do wonders for us. Uses the body so damn well and is a great player, the only problem, why should Boston do that...

edit: Cooke+ a nice prospect might get us Ryder, that should be considered, if Dallas would do that.
I can't see any of those guys being available unless Staal is on the table. Ryder just had arguably his best season, I don't see Dallas moving him for Cooke + even if the plus is someone like Despres/Morrow/Bennett.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Epic Neal Time

Quote:

No to both trades.

No need to gut this team. If we're clearing roster players, the first player they have to look into moving is Martin. It would just be absolutely stupid to trade Kunitz for cap space.

As for these trades, I wouldn't trade Despres straight up for Purcell. The Niskanen trade is overpayment as well, imo.

Epic Neal Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Pretty happy you aren't running the team.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:09 AM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

I don't see why any team would go out of their way to get these players, outside of Kunitz. Similar players could easily be found in FA.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Jahodac

Shero is not blowing up the team for draft picks and a chance to sign a couple free agents. The Penguins are fine on offense, they need to upgrade the defense.

Jahodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Karnage420

no interest in vitale on this team.
wins faceoffs, isnt clutch, isnt a big body. pretty much useless in the playoffs.

if we are going to have success we need to rebuild our fourth line at some point. vitale isnt the best option. could be attractive with his low cap hit.

Karnage420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Anderson55

Quote:

Jagr and Hudler over kunitz, WTF?

Sorry not happening

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage420 View Post
wins faceoffs, isnt clutch, isnt a big body. pretty much useless in the playoffs.

if we are going to have success we need to rebuild our fourth line at some point. vitale isnt the best option. could be attractive with his low cap hit.
vitale is your basic 4th line center, he is far from useless

Old
05-16-2012, 10:45 AM
GoTeamDom

Mason Raymond for Tyler Kennedy

I would also be interested in bringing in Adams for a pick

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Riptide

Would love to have some upgraded top 6 wingers. However our cap structure doesn't afford us the luxury to spend 7m on another winger. Move Staal to wing, or trade him for a quality for quantity deal (Schenn/Kulemin type of thing). There's zero point in moving Vitale. He's an ideal 4th line center.

Move Martin and potentially Niskanen (only if Shero is bringing in another D - big shutdown type). Or keep Niskanen and promote from within (Despres/Strait).

Not a fan of Kennedy, however he's the type that can move up and down the lineup. Same goes for Dupuis. These are the type of guys we need.

Honestly other than finding 1 more winger (and a 3c if Staal is traded), I wouldn't do to much up front. I'd ask about Parise, however chances are he would be too expensive. I'd also be asking about Penner (or another big bodied type who can play top 6). Penner shouldn't cost more than 3.5/4m on a 1-2 yr deal. But small things. We have a good team, and with a couple changes here and there we should be able to make another run.

Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Anderson55

Quote:

Good god thats terrrible

Old
05-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Malkamania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage420 View Post

disagree completely. Vitale is a solid player at his price. he plays a tough gritty game with a touch of skill sprinkled in. For what he's paid he does more than enough to fill a 4C role. He only played 4 of the 7 playoff games and this was his first crack at post season play so i don't see how you can evaluate him as useless in the playoffs. he hasn't had the chance to show one way or the other. He may not have a ton of size but he plays bigger than he is IMO.

Malkamania is offline   Reply With Quote