HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fillip Novak called up by Senators

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2006, 05:04 PM
  #1
wereback
Registered User
 
wereback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Fillip Novak called up by Senators

Maybe we actually can draft def. We just never allow them to develop. Nice to see though.


http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=159785&hubname=

wereback is offline  
Old
03-23-2006, 05:08 PM
  #2
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,130
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback
Maybe we actually can draft def. We just never allow them to develope. Nice to see though.


http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=159785&hubname=
Florida Panthers traded Filip Novak to the Ottawa Senators for a 6th round selection in 2007.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
03-23-2006, 05:10 PM
  #3
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,913
vCash: 920
Always been a fan of Novak. I think at best he'll be a number 5 defenseman in the NHL who will play the power play, but I always loved his skills.

Draft Guru is offline  
Old
03-23-2006, 05:17 PM
  #4
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 41,562
vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Always been a fan of Novak. I think at best he'll be a number 5 defenseman in the NHL who will play the power play, but I always loved his skills.
Pretty excited to see what he can do. He's been tearing up the AHL this year on a pretty bad team.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Old
03-23-2006, 05:32 PM
  #5
nrf83
Registered User
 
nrf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: golf course
Country: United States
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback
Maybe we actually can draft def. We just never allow them to develop. Nice to see though.


http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=159785&hubname=
He was expendable because we had Mike Motteau in the system and had just drafted Fed or Tyutin.

nrf83 is offline  
Old
03-23-2006, 05:48 PM
  #6
Lundqvist102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83
He was expendable because we had Mike Motteau in the system and had just drafted Fed or Tyutin.
Sorry but what happened to Mike Mottau again? I remember he was a very highly touted prospect and then i just never heard about him again.

Lundqvist102 is offline  
Old
03-23-2006, 06:14 PM
  #7
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102
Sorry but what happened to Mike Mottau again? I remember he was a very highly touted prospect and then i just never heard about him again.
He won the Hobey Baker

Crease is offline  
Old
03-23-2006, 07:26 PM
  #8
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Amish Paradise
Country: United States
Posts: 13,380
vCash: 500
Novak's on his third team and this is the first year he's really put it all together.

I'm not ready to get depressed about dealing him yet.

I liked Novak but after his first camp he just never quite took it to the next level. Maybe he finally does next season.

Up till now it looked like he was def. a kid who benefited from playing with Jackman in Regina.

Edge is offline  
Old
03-23-2006, 07:34 PM
  #9
robertch
Registered User
 
robertch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102
Sorry but what happened to Mike Mottau again? I remember he was a very highly touted prospect and then i just never heard about him again.
Mottau is in the St. Louis Blues system, playing for the Peoria Rivermen of the AHL. He's got 51 points in 65 games.

robertch is offline  
Old
03-23-2006, 09:51 PM
  #10
The Dawg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: South Africa
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
wait... was novak in the bure deal?

The Dawg* is offline  
Old
03-23-2006, 09:54 PM
  #11
frozenrubber
Registered User
 
frozenrubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Bure trade

The biggest bright side of that trade was the immediate exile of Igor Ulanov. The 1st became Eric Nystrom for the Flames.

frozenrubber is offline  
Old
03-23-2006, 09:56 PM
  #12
The Dawg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: South Africa
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
yea that dude was awful. we gave up **** in that bure trade, just a salary dump for florida. the biggest thing we gave up was a second rounder if i remember correctly

The Dawg* is offline  
Old
03-24-2006, 09:46 AM
  #13
TrampsLikeUs
Registered User
 
TrampsLikeUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hohoq
Country: United States
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TrampsLikeUs
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber
The biggest bright side of that trade was the immediate exile of Igor Ulanov. The 1st became Eric Nystrom for the Flames.
Best avatar ever. By far.

TrampsLikeUs is offline  
Old
03-24-2006, 10:05 AM
  #14
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,466
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawg
yea that dude was awful. we gave up **** in that bure trade, just a salary dump for florida. the biggest thing we gave up was a second rounder if i remember correctly

Rangers got Bure and a second for Ulanov, Novak, a first and a second and a fourth.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-24-2006, 10:07 AM
  #15
Kodiak
Registered User
 
Kodiak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ranger fan in Philly
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
I don't see why everyone is saying Novak is a bad prospect. He had an impressive first pro year in the AHL where he made the All-Star team, and then he missed an entire year with an injury. The following year, he had trouble getting back into the flow of the game, and then he was traded. This year, he seems to be getting back on track, and good for him. I still don't know why we have to say every prospect we traded away sucks.

Kodiak is offline  
Old
03-24-2006, 10:29 AM
  #16
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber
The biggest bright side of that trade was the immediate exile of Igor Ulanov. The 1st became Eric Nystrom for the Flames.
Umm, no it was Peter Taticek who was taken by Florida(9th overall I believe).
Why would we have given our 1st to Calgary if Bure was traded to us from FLA?

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-24-2006, 11:40 AM
  #17
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Amish Paradise
Country: United States
Posts: 13,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
I don't see why everyone is saying Novak is a bad prospect. He had an impressive first pro year in the AHL where he made the All-Star team, and then he missed an entire year with an injury. The following year, he had trouble getting back into the flow of the game, and then he was traded. This year, he seems to be getting back on track, and good for him. I still don't know why we have to say every prospect we traded away sucks.
Personally i don't think he sucks, but I don't know if he's anything special.

Maybe a 5 or 6 NHL defenseman. But when he was drafted the upside was def. a number three kind of guy.

This year he's finally showing the talent that nearly got him in the NHL at 18.

But in fairness I don't think it was because we didn't allow him to develop.

Edge is offline  
Old
03-24-2006, 12:18 PM
  #18
Kodiak
Registered User
 
Kodiak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ranger fan in Philly
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Personally i don't think he sucks, but I don't know if he's anything special.

Maybe a 5 or 6 NHL defenseman. But when he was drafted the upside was def. a number three kind of guy.

This year he's finally showing the talent that nearly got him in the NHL at 18.

But in fairness I don't think it was because we didn't allow him to develop.
We traded him when he was still in Juniors, so I don't think we had any hand in his development. I don't think he's anything special or better than the D prospects we have now. I'm just saying that he doesn't suck as a prospect and people tend to forget that he looked promising before his injury.

Kodiak is offline  
Old
03-24-2006, 12:23 PM
  #19
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Amish Paradise
Country: United States
Posts: 13,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
We traded him when he was still in Juniors, so I don't think we had any hand in his development. I don't think he's anything special or better than the D prospects we have now. I'm just saying that he doesn't suck as a prospect and people tend to forget that he looked promising before his injury.
I agree he doesn't suck.

I think Novak has so much more talent than he shows people.

Edge is offline  
Old
03-24-2006, 02:00 PM
  #20
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,913
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Umm, no it was Peter Taticek who was taken by Florida(9th overall I believe).
Why would we have given our 1st to Calgary if Bure was traded to us from FLA?
Our exact 1st rounder was 10th overall. CGY and FLA made their own separate deal to swap picks. Nystrom was taken with the 10th pick by CGY, which was where we would have drafted.

Draft Guru is offline  
Old
03-24-2006, 02:30 PM
  #21
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Our exact 1st rounder was 10th overall. CGY and FLA made their own separate deal to swap picks. Nystrom was taken with the 10th pick by CGY, which was where we would have drafted.
Gotcha. Still, it was our #1 that gave the Cats the chance at getting Taticek, so I say, Taticek is the player we gave up in that deal, not Nystrom.

Funny thing is, I dont care for either player at this point.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.