HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2006, 02:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe
I don't know much about junior hockey, so this is a question. Do the London Knights make their stars, or are they already pretty good before they get to London. I mean I have seen the whole record breaking year the year before with those great kids, and I was just wondering was it the coaching staff and etc. that made them become great, or is it they had a lot of talent or I guess both?

I think someone from the London area would have to answer this. I follow every team that has a Hab prospect on it and I try to learn as much as I can about each team. From what I read, Hunter is really surprised to see Kostitsyn playing so well, but on the other hand they had to see something in him when they picked him in the Import draft. You could agrue they got lucky when you look at the teams history with the Import draft from what I know at least. Linhart sure backfired as well as others from recent memory.

Personally I think that Kostitsyn will benefit from being on London who's run by the Hunters. I can think back to the days of Dale Hunter and recall what a pain in the *** he was, and he knows what it takes to play in the NHL so I would thin think that this will benefit Sairhei.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Terry Fisher

Apparently Sergei handles English much better than Andrei. Hunter got him an English teacher, and he's come a long way and is very popular with his team mates. He's actually a little bigger than I thought on the ice, although in jeans and a t shirt, he looks like a 12 year old kid. He has to get a lot stronger, but the skills are there and his work away from the puck and in the corners has been better than I thought. He's also taken some good shots, including a couple last night, and gets back in there, so he's not afraid to mix it up.

But ya, the best thing that could have happened to him was playing on an unbelievably skilled team where he has fit right in. The stats won't be as good next year, with the team about to lose Hunter, Schremp and Bolland, so just cuz he doesn't get 150 points won't mean he hasn't developed well.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:56 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Fisher
Apparently Sergei handles English much better than Andrei. Hunter got him an English teacher, and he's come a long way and is very popular with his team mates. He's actually a little bigger than I thought on the ice, although in jeans and a t shirt, he looks like a 12 year old kid. He has to get a lot stronger, but the skills are there and his work away from the puck and in the corners has been better than I thought. He's also taken some good shots, including a couple last night, and gets back in there, so he's not afraid to mix it up.

But ya, the best thing that could have happened to him was playing on an unbelievably skilled team where he has fit right in. The stats won't be as good next year, with the team about to lose Hunter, Schremp and Bolland, so just cuz he doesn't get 150 points won't mean he hasn't developed well.
Gretz and Mess used to say that they all learned from each other.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:56 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I think someone from the London area would have to answer this. I follow every team that has a Hab prospect on it and I try to learn as much as I can about each team. From what I read, Hunter is really surprised to see Kostitsyn playing so well, but on the other hand they had to see something in him when they picked him in the Import draft. You could agrue they got lucky when you look at the teams history with the Import draft from what I know at least. Linhart sure backfired as well as others from recent memory.

Personally I think that Kostitsyn will benefit from being on London who's run by the Hunters. I can think back to the days of Dale Hunter and recall what a pain in the *** he was, and he knows what it takes to play in the NHL so I would thin think that this will benefit Sairhei.
I am from the surrounding London area but dont follow the Knights that well. Just from what I hear and read I would have to say the Hunters are a big influence on this team. Also though I bit of luck having Bolland and Shremp on this team helps.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:57 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
So, talent evaluators, which path does he take ? Ray Whitney or MA Thinel ? Both guys able to make a living playing a game, but which level does the guy's talent end up in ?
Do you like to read McPhee ie fiction?

Old
03-24-2006, 03:00 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
Do you like to read McPhee ie fiction?
Quite a bit actually.

Old
03-24-2006, 03:17 PM
gars59

during the summer little kostitsyn can train with his bother and teach him english

Old
03-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Terry Fisher

Ya, and maybe Andrei can show Sergei how to add 25 pounds of muscle on that rail thin bod.

Old
03-24-2006, 03:19 PM
henri2014

Lets hope the brothers will push each other, Kost Jr will problably be invited to the training camp this year and i think it will help him alot to see what he needs to do to play pro.
Lets hope Andrei trains really hard this summer and comes to camp in top shape and that his little brother does the same thing.

This year at training Andrei wont be a nobody he will have a good number and he will be known by the other players. I think he will be less shy next year.

Closed Thread