HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you want the Flyers to re-sign Jagr?

View Poll Results: Do you want the Flyers to resign Jagr?
No 44 26.04%
Yes, if he gets less than $2 mio. per year 46 27.22%
Yes, if he gets less than $3.3 mio. per year 63 37.28%
Yes, if he gets less than $4.5 mio. per year 2 1.18%
Yes, regardless of what he gets 14 8.28%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-15-2012, 11:31 AM
  #76
tytech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
A giant Hell No!

Jagr was pathetic down the stretch. I lost my voice countless times screamin' at his old ass in rounds 1 & 2. His 1rst line minutes have already (deservingly) been absorbed by Vorachek.

Where would you put him? 2nd Line? No ****in way. He's a 3rd line forward at best. We gave him plenty of opportunities to resign but he rebuffed them all with the intention of testing the open market. Let him walk, he was a typical European skill forward who when confronted with adversity and playoff time, disappeared faster than a fart in the wind.

There is no way the Flyers bring him back.
^This^

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:47 AM
  #77
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
Come on bro. Everyone knows Jagr is just in it for the $$$$$ He doesn't really care about who he plays for. If he did then he would've signed with the Penguins and finished his career there and not give them the middle finger and sign with their rivals.
The Flyers offer was not the highest last summer

After signing a one-year, $3.3 million contract with the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday, the winger told reporters during a Saturday conference call that "there were a lot more teams with a higher offer than Philadelphia."
The former MVP reportedly received a one-year offer from the Pittsburgh Penguins for $2 million. The Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens were also interested in the 6-foot-3 veteran.



http://www.nesn.com/2011/07/jaromir-...on-the-ta.html

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:54 AM
  #78
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
No way, not even for league minimum. Use the 3 mill on upgrading team defense. Top 9 is plenty good enough without Jagr and he declined so much at the end he was useless out there.

Reason i say no to league min, there is no room for him in top 9.
like there was someone usesful at the end

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:10 PM
  #79
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid
 
TyrannoMeszarosRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kuwait
Country: Scotland
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
The Flyers offer was not the highest last summer

After signing a one-year, $3.3 million contract with the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday, the winger told reporters during a Saturday conference call that "there were a lot more teams with a higher offer than Philadelphia."
The former MVP reportedly received a one-year offer from the Pittsburgh Penguins for $2 million. The Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens were also interested in the 6-foot-3 veteran.



http://www.nesn.com/2011/07/jaromir-...on-the-ta.html
While money may not have been the only factor, you cannot tell anyone that it wasn’t a huge part of it. Jagr can say all he wants but he is a guy that has shown throughout his career that he is indeed fueled by money.

Penguins offered 2 Million.
Flyers offered 3.3 Million

Take a guess at which team he signed for.

Quote:
desire to win another cup
With the Flyers, the team that hasn't won a cup for 37 years?

Now that the Flyers will probably offer him less, he'll just go to another team that pays higher.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
like there was someone usesful at the end
You Jagr fanboys are hilarious. You need to see the greater good for the team, him leaving will do more good than harm. The guy is on the decline, as expected from a 40 year old.


Last edited by TyrannoMeszarosRex: 05-15-2012 at 08:12 PM.
TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:33 PM
  #80
DumpyD
Registered User
 
DumpyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Six of you baffle me. I'm proud of 31 of you.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:00 AM
  #81
Madik77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
While money may not have been the only factor, you cannot tell anyone that it wasn’t a huge part of it. Jagr can say all he wants but he is a guy that has shown throughout his career that he is indeed fueled by money.

Penguins offered 2 Million.
Flyers offered 3.3 Million

Take a guess at which team he signed for.
Yes, Jagr made huge money during his carrer, and asked for huge money. But do you realize that he is maybe in top10 hockey players who ever played this game? And when he had those huge paychecks he was the best active player by far?

I dont know what you do but lets pretend that you are employed in banking sector the whole life... Now you get 2 offers from two top banks in the state:
1) for 200K per year
2) for 330K per year

You worked for the first bank 10 years ago and you probably know only the owner. This bank just placed their offer.
The second bank is very active, several key managers calls you and the bank promises you "important" role in the team. Which offer would YOU choose?

Ryker has allready wrote it to you... Jagr is professional athlete. He has never done anything else. If you see the biggest problem with Jagr in money than you should be more angry with all the GMs who gave him the money and not Jagr because you would do the same if you have the opportunity.

I admit that Jagrs contribution to the team for the next season is doubtful but stop the money *** please.

Madik77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:39 AM
  #82
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 17,179
vCash: 500
Watching the teams that are left, and Bruins from last year and how hard you have to forecheck and hustle your ass off to win in playoffs, it blows my mind how anyone would want Jagr back.

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:53 AM
  #83
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,599
vCash: 500
I'd gladly take him back for under 3.3

Also I want still want to justify my jersey purchase, so that too.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:51 AM
  #84
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,100
vCash: 500
If Jagr is going to resign then that's completely his choice.

However, If he wants to re-sign, thats a completely different issue.


Eddy Punch Clock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:38 AM
  #85
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
While money may not have been the only factor, you cannot tell anyone that it wasn’t a huge part of it. Jagr can say all he wants but he is a guy that has shown throughout his career that he is indeed fueled by money.

Penguins offered 2 Million.
Flyers offered 3.3 Million

Take a guess at which team he signed for.


.
i know the Pens offered less. my point was he was offered to play for more money in the NHL not named Pittsburgh.
If we want to talk about players signing for more money why dont we talk about Talbot? or Lllja? Both players were offered more money then they probably thought they would get on the open market. Does that make them greedy?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:16 PM
  #86
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid
 
TyrannoMeszarosRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kuwait
Country: Scotland
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
i know the Pens offered less. my point was he was offered to play for more money in the NHL not named Pittsburgh.
If we want to talk about players signing for more money why dont we talk about Talbot? or Lllja? Both players were offered more money then they probably thought they would get on the open market. Does that make them greedy?
Why are Pens fans ******** about Jagr and not Talbot? It's because it's not the first time he ditched them for money. And comparing what those two make in comparison to Jagr?

And chances are Jagr isn't going to re-sign for Flyers for less than what he originally got paid for, why not? Didn't he say he loved the Flyers and the players and the organization and had that he had the best time in his career here or something? The guy is full of ****.

I said before, I seriously don't give a **** about whether he is greedy or not, I'm just saying he is. For what it's worth I appreciate this player and what he has achieved in his whole career.

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:00 PM
  #87
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
By the way, what happened to the posters who predicted a 100 point Season For Jagr, and contending for the Art Ross? And all that stuff about how Jagr is in great shape, and all that. Where did those guys go?

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:44 AM
  #88
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,111
vCash: 500
Also, for those who say he took less money to play in Philly, keep in mind HE is the one who said it and he never mentioned what other teams offered him. I don't believe for a minute that any other GM would be stupid enough to offer a 40 year old prima donna 3 years removed from the league more than 3 million.


Last edited by GKJ: 05-17-2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: quoted post was deleted
MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:58 PM
  #89
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 4,142
vCash: 500
Yes, only because I don't want him to retire yet, or play for anyone else.

RussianRocket10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:51 AM
  #90
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Also, for those who say he took less money to play in Philly, keep in mind HE is the one who said it and he never mentioned what other teams offered him. I don't believe for a minute that any other GM would be stupid enough to offer a 40 year old prima donna 3 years removed from the league more than 3 million.
So you're telling me Holmgren was the only GM that thought Jagr, arguably one of the top 10 players ever to play the game, was worth gambling 3 Million dollars on?

Right. I can't agree with you sir.


Last edited by BrindamoursNose: 05-18-2012 at 02:05 AM.
BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:59 AM
  #91
Corto
Faceless Man
 
Corto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Braavos
Country: Croatia
Posts: 12,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Let him walk, he was a typical European skill forward who when confronted with adversity and playoff time, disappeared faster than a fart in the wind.

There is no way the Flyers bring him back.
Okay.

I say the Flyers bring him back at probably around 2.5 million.

And the whole Euro skill forward thing is a complete joke and shows a bit about your hockey knowledge tbh.

Jagr a great playoff performer (and had a great 1st round as a Flyer too) and IIRC ranks 2nd all time in playoff GWG or OT goals, something like that.

He was invisible vs the Devils, but name a Flyer that wasn't.

Some people on these boards are just... Wow.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:10 AM
  #92
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
Why are Pens fans ******** about Jagr and not Talbot? It's because it's not the first time he ditched them for money. And comparing what those two make in comparison to Jagr?

And chances are Jagr isn't going to re-sign for Flyers for less than what he originally got paid for, why not? Didn't he say he loved the Flyers and the players and the organization and had that he had the best time in his career here or something? The guy is full of ****.

I said before, I seriously don't give a **** about whether he is greedy or not, I'm just saying he is. For what it's worth I appreciate this player and what he has achieved in his whole career.
Pens fan coming in peace, to answer your question, we're not ******** about Talbot because he truly loved it here. He was a 4th line center who brought it in the playoffs and was a good member of the Pens, the money and term he was offered from Philly was something he couldn't refuse. He is a 4th line center who can play 3rd line at times, he rewarded the Flyers for giving him a good contract by playing great.

Jagr is different, he's not some young guy looking to make more money or term, he's a multimillionaire. He was a franchise player here but shows that he really doesn't care about his legacy in Pittsburgh, we don't like the fact that he was offered to come back a few times and turned them down, but we still appreciate the history he has with the Penguins.

Jagr wanted out of Pittsburgh because he didn't want the team going bankrupt being responsible to pay him, then in 2008 after the Penguins went to the Final and lost to Detroit, we lost Hossa in UFA and we wanted to bring Jagr back, he declined us for the KHL. Then, right around this time last year Jagr was saying how much he loved Pittsburgh and how he wants to play here again, play for the league minimum because he owes Mario everything, etc. Then he turned us down once again to go to the Penguins' most hated rival.

The Pens' offer for Jagr was a 1 year, $2.1M deal, now keep in mind he said he would play for league minimum and $2.1M is $1.6M more than the league minimum, and he turned it down because it wasn't enough, then he started making excuses saying he was going to be a bottom 6 forward here, Pens have no right handed centers, they travel more, etc.

Max Talbot actually thought about it and asked himself if he could go to the Pens' most hated rival, in the end, his decision was yes and I don't blame him, financial security is more important than a rivalry.

Jagr didn't need financial security, he was offered a chance to finish his career where it started, for a decent amount of cash, playing RW with Malkin or Sid. But he turned it down to go play for a rival for $1.2M more than he would have got here.

We're not really "********" about Jagr leaving anymore.

Sorry for the long post.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:13 AM
  #93
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid
 
TyrannoMeszarosRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kuwait
Country: Scotland
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
snip
Well, my question was rhetorical about Jagr and Talbot. I was trying to say that there's a reason why a lot of Pens fans were very "hurt" about Jagr's move to Philly, but they weren't so much about Talbot's (and you've summed up why quiet nicely) But thanks a lot for your insight, much appreciated. This is basically what I've been trying to say except a lot more in depth and doesn't involve any swear words.


Last edited by TyrannoMeszarosRex: 05-18-2012 at 04:20 AM.
TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:41 AM
  #94
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post

We're not really "********" about Jagr leaving anymore.

Sorry for the long post.
did you actually think about what you just said here??

You said it yourself... he is playing his last years, yes he could come back to pens to finish it where it started...with players he "doesn't go well with " Malking and Crosby.
or he could play major role at flyers with players who can learn from him, G, 6 new rookies ect..
now again, you said it yourself he is multimilionaire, he prolly has enough money for 100 lives to live in luxury, do you really think he turned pens down just to troll or to earn some more cash?
or just to enjoy hockey and play major role?.. think about it

its just too easy to get all angry about it just because he signed with rivals, but those rivals offered him chance to play major role in team, something pens didn't offer him, or he felt he isn't going get it..

how you decide? do you do stuff you love, you want to do, or you do something you said you gonna do years ago?

funny enough you saying Talbot signing due to money is ok, while in same sentence you saying Jagr is money robot even tho its not even true, at least not anymore

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:39 AM
  #95
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
did you actually think about what you just said here??

You said it yourself... he is playing his last years, yes he could come back to pens to finish it where it started...with players he "doesn't go well with " Malking and Crosby.
or he could play major role at flyers with players who can learn from him, G, 6 new rookies ect..
now again, you said it yourself he is multimilionaire, he prolly has enough money for 100 lives to live in luxury, do you really think he turned pens down just to troll or to earn some more cash?
or just to enjoy hockey and play major role?.. think about it

its just too easy to get all angry about it just because he signed with rivals, but those rivals offered him chance to play major role in team, something pens didn't offer him, or he felt he isn't going get it..

how you decide? do you do stuff you love, you want to do, or you do something you said you gonna do years ago?

funny enough you saying Talbot signing due to money is ok, while in same sentence you saying Jagr is money robot even tho its not even true, at least not anymore
Well, if the reason he signed with the Flyers is because he wanted to mentor rookies then that's fine, but I don't buy it, and if he didn't want to be a Penguin, he shouldn't have said he did for 2 months.

I firmly believe that Jagr doesn't need money, Talbot on the other hand, being a former 8th round draft pick and being a career 4th line center, him getting $1.8M a year for 5 years is okay because that might be his only chance at a long contract with a good amount of money.

Jaromir Jagr has had numerous big contracts in the past, he's made millions in the NHL and KHL, are you telling me that the extra $1.2M was a must for Jagr? Because I don't think so. And I disagree about him "not working well with Crosby or Malkin" Both of them have left handed RW's who play great with them, Jagr's whole "I want to play with a right handed center" was just an excuse.

If he wanted to have a bigger role on another team then that's fine, but the fact that the Penguins talked about him before he signed, penciling him in the top 6 and giving him top PP time and just talking about the potential of adding someone like him. Playing RW next to arguably one of the two best centers in the NHL. That's a pretty big role if you ask me.

And you asked me if I think he turned down the Pens to troll them? No, but I do think he turned them down to earn some more cash, because that's all Jagr cares about, sure he loves the sport of hockey, but he doesn't care about a team unless they offer him a lot of money.

Would I still take Jagr back on the Pens? Absolutely, I don't hate the guy, he's a good player.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:29 PM
  #96
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
dude as i asked in first post, do you even read and think?

my whole post was about why Jagr didnt turn pens down because of money, and you ask me this :

"are you telling me that the extra $1.2M was a must for Jagr?"

are you trolling? i hope you are... i really am.

then you said:

"Well, if the reason he signed with the Flyers is because he wanted to mentor rookies then that's fine, but I don't buy it, and if he didn't want to be a Penguin, he shouldn't have said he did for 2 months."

funny why did you skip out the major role in team, since that was main point... don't twist dude

And to your point pens offering him top line and minutes.. no, if you was interested in Jagr's signing he explained at what point he found out he is going to be 3rd liner.
Only thing I agree with you is saying he wants play with right handed might not be good argument enough.


but i still don't understand your MONEY MONEY MONEY reason, why he didn't stay in russia to earn double or even more he did in philly?
and there was at least 1 team in NHL who offered more money than flyers, im not gonna google just cuz of reasoning here with unreasonable people like you.
Its all the time the same song... Jagr MONEY!!!!1!!

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:37 PM
  #97
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
You can't make enough money to not be able to blow all of it. Who's to say Jagr doesn't actually need to make some real money in order to live in the style to which he is accustomed for the majority of the rest of his days. You can piss through money pretty fast if you want to, and I hear he used to really enjoy gambling.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:51 PM
  #98
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,934
vCash: 500
Yes if he signs cheap and is okay with 3rd line duties.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:53 PM
  #99
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid
 
TyrannoMeszarosRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kuwait
Country: Scotland
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
dude as i asked in first post, do you even read and think?

my whole post was about why Jagr didnt turn pens down because of money, and you ask me this :

"are you telling me that the extra $1.2M was a must for Jagr?"

are you trolling? i hope you are... i really am.

then you said:

"Well, if the reason he signed with the Flyers is because he wanted to mentor rookies then that's fine, but I don't buy it, and if he didn't want to be a Penguin, he shouldn't have said he did for 2 months."

funny why did you skip out the major role in team, since that was main point... don't twist dude

And to your point pens offering him top line and minutes.. no, if you was interested in Jagr's signing he explained at what point he found out he is going to be 3rd liner.
Only thing I agree with you is saying he wants play with right handed might not be good argument enough.


but i still don't understand your MONEY MONEY MONEY reason, why he didn't stay in russia to earn double or even more he did in philly?
and there was at least 1 team in NHL who offered more money than flyers, im not gonna google just cuz of reasoning here with unreasonable people like you.
Its all the time the same song... Jagr MONEY!!!!1!!
Do you actually read anything people post? And Out of curiousity, do you have an altar dedicated to Jagr in your home?


TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 12:20 AM
  #100
Kieran79
Registered User
 
Kieran79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
I have much respect for him but honestly not if he's making anything more than 2M. Just seems ridiculous to do that to the cap for a guy who's past his prime and on the decline. I personally think he should leave the sport gracefully.

Kieran79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.