HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Black Aces to be recalled from CT Whale

Old
05-15-2012, 09:51 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
not sure but I would agree no chance this is a year off their entry level. I imagine there deals kick in next yr, I know Yogans does so Miller and McIlrath are likely the same.
Miller's contract will only kick in if he plays 10 NHL games next year. If he's in the AHL, his contract will slide because he'll only be 19.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Defenseman Jeff Woywitka and enforcer JohnScotthave beensentto skate withthe AHL taxisquad,which is practicing at the team’s facilityin Greenburgh, N.Y.
(per AGross)

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Miller's contract will only kick in if he plays 10 NHL games next year. If he's in the AHL, his contract will slide because he'll only be 19.
That's not true unless that's a new rule...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:14 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
That's not true unless that's a new rule...
It's absolutely true, but maybe my wording was confusing. If Miller plays in the AHL at age 19, his ELC will count against our 50 contract limit. He will get paid the AHL salary stipulated in his contract. But his ELC will extend by 1 year.

Both Anisimov and Grachev played in the AHL at age 19. Both of their ELCs slid, meaning that they played 4 years under their ELC instead of the normal 3.

http://www.nhl.com/cba/2005-CBA.pdf

From page 23 of the CBA:

Quote:
(d) (i) In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC.
Miller signed at age 18, so the exception doesn't apply to him. His first season playing under the SPC would be next season, at age 19, if he's playing in the AHL. If he doesn't play 10 games in the NHL, his ELC is automatically extended by 1 year.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote