HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Conference Semifinals Most Watched Ever

Old
05-16-2012, 08:23 AM
mrv52

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
Where I live in California everyone has been following hockey more this year due to the newly added NBC Sports Channel. I've never seen so much Kings gear being worn as there is now.
This.

The coverage has been terrific.

mrv52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Ubi Sunt
QQ Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
??? Family Matters, as in Steve Urkle..?
More people watch 6am reruns of Family Matters on Nick than playoff hockey games.
(RIP @TVSportsratings)

Ubi Sunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Liloldadyo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
I wonder what the ratings are like in Canada. It's great that people are watching in California and Phoenix and those are some really big eastern markets that always draw well. But I know a lot of hockey fans and they aren't watching.
Those aren't hockey fans.

Liloldadyo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Two of the biggest media markets in the world, along with the rabid fan base in Philadelphia...what do you expect?

Nothing to see here, folks.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:39 AM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
I wonder what the ratings are like in Canada. It's great that people are watching in California and Phoenix and those are some really big eastern markets that always draw well. But I know a lot of hockey fans and they aren't watching.
dont sound like hockey fans to me

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
dont sound like hockey fans to me
Here's an idea! Perhaps hockey fans realized how horribly boring the semifinals were, and took more of an interest in the WHL/OHL/QMJHL finals/the upcoming Memorial Cup and the World Hockey Championships?

The WHC's have been awesome, and the CHL playoffs have been incredible, especially Edmonton's run to the WHL Championship. Oil Kings vs Winterhawks was the best playoff series I've seen since before the lockout.

Much, MUCH better than the playoffs have been (although the first round was fantastic).

Old
05-16-2012, 10:01 AM
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
Here's an idea! Perhaps hockey fans realized how horribly boring the semifinals were, and took more of an interest in the WHL/OHL/QMJHL finals/the upcoming Memorial Cup and the World Hockey Championships?

The WHC's have been awesome, and the CHL playoffs have been incredible, especially Edmonton's run to the WHL Championship. Oil Kings vs Winterhawks was the best playoff series I've seen since before the lockout.

Much, MUCH better than the playoffs have been (although the first round was fantastic).
People in the States are watching and thats all that matters.....good for the NHL.
Enjoy your Oil Kings games lol.

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:51 AM
rangers5000

lol just what i expected, ignoring numbers, if ratings were down you would say how your were right and its boring

but there up and of course you have your excuse, flip flop until your the numbers support your opinion

playoffs are great, i love the grinding blocking shot effort teams like new york give, unlike that circus we got in the pens/flyers series

you want 12 goals a game go play nhl 12

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
lol just what i expected, ignoring numbers, if ratings were down you would say how your were right and its boring

but there up and of course you have your excuse, flip flop until your the numbers support your opinion

playoffs are great, i love the grinding blocking shot effort teams like new york give, unlike that circus we got in the pens/flyers series

you want 12 goals a game go play nhl 12
How am I flopping at all? I specifically said that the ratings were due to two of the biggest media markets in the world, as well as a rabid Flyers fan base.

And to "WhatThePuck", junior hockey is simply more entertaining than the NHL right now. Anyone who puts aside their biases and watches the game can see that. You've got three of the most exciting junior teams in the world playing in the Memorial Cup. Saint John vs Edmonton could be the best game played all year in any league.

Old
05-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubi Sunt View Post
More people watch 6am reruns of Family Matters on Nick than playoff hockey games.
(RIP @TVSportsratings)
It was a hockey game in the first round that, along with being on NBCSN, had both the local broadcasts as well.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote