HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

LA/PHX Game 2 - Guess the Shanabans (Hanzal faces hearing 5/16)

Old
05-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Fielddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
LA pims 24mins
Phx pims 54mins

LA's league-leading power play time per game for the playoffs continues. NYR has the 2nd-most. LA-NYR finals = Bettman's wet dream = Being helped along. Cheers.

TOML
Hey mensa,
Have you ever considered that other teams are getting tired of getting pounded on by the bigger Kings players and are taking retaliatory penalties? Do you even watch the games or just sit behind your keyboard and read the box scores?

Fielddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Fielddog

Hanzel 1-2 games and Clifford will have a little visit with Mr. Morris before the series is over.

Fielddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:13 PM
txyesboy
KFIT on LGK

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbology View Post
Lewis was not in control of the puck. He knocked it loose from the other players and it bounces behind him along the boards. He turns his head then body looking for the puck. WTF was he supposed to do in that situation? Doan was looking to lay a big hit and did not read the situation very well. Worth a penalty for sure, 5 minutes I'm okay with it. Is it worth a suspension? We will see, but I doubt it.

Shanahan will be busy for sure....
This!

I said the exact same thing on the LGK board - Lewis was trying to play the puck, what the hell was he supposed to do, leave the puck alone and let Doan crush him face-first?

Seriously, I cannot believe the logic of people trying to say that Lewis turned around deliberately to TRY to get his face plastered into the glass. See, there's this thing called a puck, and he is focused on trying to collect it.....

Doan could've easily poke checked the puck away and collected the puck for a centering pass, but chose to do what Doan does so well.....

Nice Team Player.

But yes, the penalty call was all that was warranted - no further discipline needed for Doan. Hanzal......1 game suspension coming up.

txyesboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fielddog View Post
Hanzel 1-2 games and Clifford will have a little visit with Mr. Morris before the series is over.
i think you've never seen Demo fight. I doubt Clifford wants any piece of NHL Player Derek Morris.

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:31 PM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
i think you've never seen Demo fight. I doubt Clifford wants any piece of NHL Player Derek Morris.
Clifford won't mind.

Whatever the outcome, it's the thought that counts.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:52 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
This is true. But this isn't a case of a guy crashing the net, or attempting to play the puck. Brown skates in front of Smith never touching him or even looking at him. Smith takes a one handed chop to the back of his knee. For what? Did Brown fart in his general direction or something? It was an unprovoked swing at a guys knee in an attempt to injure in a game that was getting out of hand. Smith wasn't protecting himself, he wasn't trying to play the puck, he wasn't doing anything other than trying to take a guy out because he was frustrated. I doubt he gets anything, not even a fine, but to brush it off as Smith protecting himself is just crazy. Especially when put in the context of this game.
This is a deterrent. Smith already got run once this playoff ( even if some people think he hammed it up). Are you saying that goalies have to wait till they get run before they can start protecting themselves?

I have no idea if smith has a beef with Brown ( a lot of people do) or if he thought that now would be a good time as they were already down two. But people are seriously overselling that slash. It used to happen a whole lot more and if goalies can do this and make players more reticent of living on the lip of the crease, then I have no problem with that. Ive seen goalies get repeatedly speared in goal mouth scrabbles and that is never called.

Goalies are generally uber competitive, if a forward has a burr under his saddle he can go out and try to lay some guy out and no one says boo. I suspect that goalies get frustrated at getting run or sticked or poked as well. What can they do ? I'm not condoning what smith did ( I don't have a problem with what he did nor the fact that he got a penalty) but that was a minor transgression. If he does it every game then it might fall into being a problem, but as of now it was a minor slash.

I think the embellishment penalty to Brown was completely unwarranted.

sandysan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Tom Polakis
W-L-W-L-W-L...

Doan: nothing
Morris: nothing
Hanzal: 2 games
Whitney: 5 games for generally "not good hockey play"

Tom Polakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:23 PM
dogyekcoh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Hanzal: 3

Morris: 1

Smith: maybe a fine, but probably not

Doan: 0
IMO I think Smith should get a game as well, but it won't happen. The league is too weak to hand out a suspension to a starting goalie.

dogyekcoh* is offline   Reply With Quote