HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Damien Brunner to sign with Detroit

Old
05-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Honour Over Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I hope the Pens get him, but I really don't trust Bylsma to develop the guy if he needs any development. It's just not Bylsma's strength as a coach. Brunner will have to be a legit, ready-made top 6 winger from the time he shows up or he has no chance with Bylsma, imo.
He is 26yrs old. So there really isn't any of that sort of development you are thinking of. It's more just adjustment than anything, I think Dan should be ok with that, hopefully...

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:35 AM
SwissHabs*

Tampa Bay also want Damien ! Steve Yzerman himself impressed

SwissHabs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:08 AM
newham89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
While I'd like him on the Pens, he'd probably get more minutes in Tampa.
Why? Tampa's wingers > pens wingers. Lots of right wing depth.

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:58 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by newham89 View Post
Why? Tampa's wingers > pens wingers. Lots of right wing depth.
We have good depth but nothing proven besides MSL and Purcell. Purcell has been playing LW on Stammers line. We need someone for Vinnys line, have a few kids who look good but it's going be a wide open competition for 2nd line RW.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:24 AM
sharks9

Would love for the Habs to get him. Hopefully Metropolit and Diaz can convince him to come to Montreal.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:52 AM
SomeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
I'd like to see Brunner with the Pens, have for over a year now, but with how Shero does things, I doubt it. He seems to be against signing Euro FA's after the whole Pesonen thing, which is pretty stupid, 1 failed experiment shouldn't deter you from trying again, he's been missing out on several prospects that could help.
How has Shero not shown interest in Euro UFAs? Because we didn't sign Cervenka to be our 8th or 9th center?

We were rumored to be the early front runner for this guy and reportedly have shown the most interest in that Finnish goalie.

Doesn't sound like he's against it to me. Sounds more like Pens fans expect him to sign every single European player who shows any shred of potential.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDude View Post
Sounds more like Pens fans expect him to sign every single European player who shows any shred of potential.
Of course. Just like Toronto fans think everyone wants to sign in Toronto.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:28 AM
flamesfan5

To the Flames he goes to play with his Swiss countryman Sven

flamesfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
Steve Yzerman confirmed in an interview with a Swiss newspaper that he also already made an offer for Brunner. Several other teams are rumoured to have interest (Pens?).
Yzerman told local media he's very interested but has not made an offer. He said there are a number of teams interested.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Flat Stanley

Wouldn't be surprised if the Flyers signed him.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Boltsfan2029

Finally found the beat reporter's info, couldn't remember if it was an article, blog or Tweet...

Quote:
Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes

Contrary to a report, Lightning GM Yzerman said he has not made contract offer to Swiss star Damien Brunner, though he confirmed interest.

Old
05-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Flames1217

vCash: 50
Flames will definitely be in the mix, Feaster stated he is going to go hard after players from the 22-26 year old age range. I can seriously see the flames getting him.

Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
Topscorer of the Swiss league last year, at the IHWC topscorer of the Swiss team with 7 points. Not drafted. Very skilled RW, very fast.

There are several teams who want to sign him. Brunner himself confirmed an contract offer by the Minnesota Wilds. Steve Yzerman confirmed in an interview with a Swiss newspaper that he also already made an offer for Brunner. Several other teams are rumoured to have interest (Pens?).
Not bad.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:26 PM
SEALBound

He could be the speed RH RW Crosby needs. Kid looks like he's got some jets.

Wonder what the offers would be like? I can't see many (if any) GM's going high...maybe $2mil-ish?

Would make sense for the Penguins to dump Kennedy after that. He doesn't pan out you flip him with Dupuis...but then you still need one more...hmmmm...maybe TK+ to STL for Stewart or the Staal package to Min for a deal with Seto?

This thread (and player) has me thinking...whatever happen to Janne Pesonen?

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:30 PM
ares89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
He could be the speed RH RW Crosby needs. Kid looks like he's got some jets.

Wonder what the offers would be like? I can't see many (if any) GM's going high...maybe $2mil-ish?

Would make sense for the Penguins to dump Kennedy after that. He doesn't pan out you flip him with Dupuis...but then you still need one more...hmmmm...maybe TK+ to STL for Stewart or the Staal package to Min for a deal with Seto?

This thread (and player) has me thinking...whatever happen to Janne Pesonen?
He will get a ELC and if i remember correctly they have to be around 900'000 max

ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:36 PM
jonas2244

No, he's enough old to sign an unrestricted contract.

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-do-en...racts-work.php

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Mister Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsnRosesPenguins91 View Post
I was impressed with him today. Thought he really stood out on the Swiss team. Some mentioned the Pens might be interested. If I were the Pens I would be interested, I think he would fit well and really have a chance to blossom. But I don't think the Pens will sign him. 1.) He is no sure thing in the NHL. So he is sort of a risk. 2.) Pens once experimented with a guy named Janne Pesonen and it didn't work out so well. He never showed any flashes, granted he was never given a legit chance in the top 6. The Pens might not go down this route again. 3.) Another team will probably offer more money. While I don't see the Pens acquiring him, I do think he would be a good fit.
Pesonen never got a fair shot. When they promoted him from the AHL, they played him on the 4th line with about six minutes of ice time.

Mister Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:55 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
While I'd like him on the Pens, he'd probably get more minutes in Tampa.
I think the opposite actually. Isn't skilled wingers the #1 thing for the Pens to take care of this offseason?

In Tampa he'd be behind MSL/Purcell/Malone and have some stiff competition in Connolly/Brown/Conacher/Killorn. It'd be nice to have him in Tampa, but it's not even a sure thing that he breaks the top 9.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Hockey View Post
Pesonen never got a fair shot. When they promoted him from the AHL, they played him on the 4th line with about six minutes of ice time.
Right, I fear that would happen with Brunner. I agree with what you said and I basically said the same thing. But I also look at it this way too; maybe Pesonen didn't work enough to earn that ice time. Granted he has the skill set of a top 6 player, but would it be fair to just put him in the top 6 over others when he isn't showing anything to the coaches? IMO, you gotta work for ice time. I would have liked to see him get some time with Sid or Geno in the top 6. But it never happened. He was never going to do anything worthwhile playing 4th line minutes. So if that was the Penguins intention, why even waste his time. If they do sign Brunner, I hope they handle the situation a bit differently.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:04 PM
BamaWing

vCash: 598
Red Wings have offered as well

BamaWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:04 PM
SEALBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Hockey View Post
No, I remember him getting some time with Crosby as well on the first line...

I concur that he didn't get much of a chance but thats been the Penguins to a T since the lockout. Surprised Talbot, Kennedy, and Vitale even got chances...Pens don't have a good track record when it comes time to developing and offering chances to prospects (mainly forwards).

But the more I read about this kid, the more intrigued I become. But like the Pesonen ordeal, Pittsburgh (if they land him) needs to be careful. Can't just hide him in the AHL and then bring him up on the 4th to play with Adams (ala Tangradi). That will sour him just like Pesonen and he'll bolt.

Anyone know how his physical play is?

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:03 AM
ares89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
No, I remember him getting some time with Crosby as well on the first line...

I concur that he didn't get much of a chance but thats been the Penguins to a T since the lockout. Surprised Talbot, Kennedy, and Vitale even got chances...Pens don't have a good track record when it comes time to developing and offering chances to prospects (mainly forwards).

But the more I read about this kid, the more intrigued I become. But like the Pesonen ordeal, Pittsburgh (if they land him) needs to be careful. Can't just hide him in the AHL and then bring him up on the 4th to play with Adams (ala Tangradi). That will sour him just like Pesonen and he'll bolt.

Anyone know how his physical play is?
He's not very physical (just 5'11 and 187 lbs but he is very fast and has a good puck control on high speed and a good shot and hockey IQ. His game is based on speed and Hockey IQ, outside of the top six he would be useless

ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:10 AM
wej20

It's good that he has speed, Pesonen was pretty slow which always counted against him.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Boltsfan2029

Brunner's agent says Lightning is a serious contender...

Click here

Old
05-23-2012, 09:27 PM
gdsmack267

Wouldnt mind the pens picking him up. Could probably sign him for under 1.5 a year and has a shot to be a low risk/high reward type of player.

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote