HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2012, 12:21 PM
  #26
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,321
vCash: 50
Quote:
“Dougie’s the best junior defenceman I’ve ever coached,” said IceDogs head coach Marty Williamson, who also coached St. Louis Blues stalwart Alex Pietrangelo. “I think you could be looking at a Norris Trophy-type guy, a guy that has a 15-, 20-year career ahead of him. He’s going to be a wonderful pro.”
High Praise

Shaun is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 02:42 PM
  #27
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Växjö/Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
The Yeti

Here ya go, in case you'd forgotten about him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTzFpH5rn8



Last edited by Schnurvel: 05-16-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Couldn't get the damn video working...
Schnurvel is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 02:48 PM
  #28
Spooner st
Registered User
 
Spooner st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
delete

Spooner st is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 02:51 PM
  #29
Spooner st
Registered User
 
Spooner st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500



Always good to see our friend.
Maybe we will see him at training camp.

Spooner st is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 02:51 PM
  #30
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,321
vCash: 50
the video is blocked in the US but heres a proxy to get it to work. just paste the link and it should work

http://www.goldunblocker.info/browse...&b=5&f=norefer

Shaun is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
  #31
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
Here ya go, in case you'd forgotten about him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTzFpH5rn8


Er, what does Soderberg have to do with Hamilton? This is supposed to be some sort of dig, I guess?


Artemis is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 03:44 PM
  #32
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Växjö/Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_judge View Post



Always good to see our friend.
Maybe we will see him at training camp.

Thanks, could not figure that out!

I'm actually a bit worried (as a LHC fan, as a Söderberg fan I'd really like for him to go as far as possible) that he might go over to the US this year (LHC has hinted that he's seriously considering it). However, I think he might stay one more year. If he does, that's definitely the last us Elitserien fans will see of him for quite some time, I'm sure! The reasons I think he might stay here though, is partly that Linköping is kind of making a new start (new coach, got some good players in, like Weinhandl), and also that he still has not played a full Elitserien season in his career. If he does stay, he'll probably be top scorer in the league. This season, he scored 35 (14+21) points in 42 games, and pretty much carried the whole team on his shoulders. He was actually pretty badly injured for the last month or two of the season, but still managed to be our best player. He had some serious problems with his feet not fitting his skates properly, and at the end of the season he said there was a small chance that he needed surgery (which, in the end, he didn't). He's not allowed to skate for another couple of months, though (which might also be a reason to stay in Sweden one more year). This injury is pretty much the only reason Söderberg isn't playing in the WC right now, he's been one of our very best players on the national team all year (us LHC fans are a bit relieved that he's not playing, since that would increase the "risk" of him playing in the NHL in the fall ).



Oops - sorry about the essay! Just thought I'd give you some info on how he's doing, since I haven't seen anything written here in a while

Schnurvel is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 03:46 PM
  #33
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Växjö/Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Er, what does Soderberg have to do with Hamilton? This is supposed to be some sort of dig, I guess?

Nope, no dig of any kind. I don't even know who Hamilton is. I found that video on Youtube a couple of hours ago, and thought I'd post it here since some people still care about how Söderberg's doing.

Schnurvel is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 03:49 PM
  #34
Spooner st
Registered User
 
Spooner st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
Thanks, could not figure that out!

I'm actually a bit worried (as a LHC fan, as a Söderberg fan I'd really like for him to go as far as possible) that he might go over to the US this year (LHC has hinted that he's seriously considering it). However, I think he might stay one more year. If he does, that's definitely the last us Elitserien fans will see of him for quite some time, I'm sure! The reasons I think he might stay here though, is partly that Linköping is kind of making a new start (new coach, got some good players in, like Weinhandl), and also that he still has not played a full Elitserien season in his career. If he does stay, he'll probably be top scorer in the league. This season, he scored 35 (14+21) points in 42 games, and pretty much carried the whole team on his shoulders. He was actually pretty badly injured for the last month or two of the season, but still managed to be our best player. He had some serious problems with his feet not fitting his skates properly, and at the end of the season he said there was a small chance that he needed surgery (which, in the end, he didn't). He's not allowed to skate for another couple of months, though (which might also be a reason to stay in Sweden one more year). This injury is pretty much the only reason Söderberg isn't playing in the WC right now, he's been one of our very best players on the national team all year (us LHC fans are a bit relieved that he's not playing, since that would increase the "risk" of him playing in the NHL in the fall ).



Oops - sorry about the essay! Just thought I'd give you some info on how he's doing, since I haven't seen anything written here in a while
Only use the part after the " = " like the exp: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTzFpH5rn8

Thanks for the info...always nice to have fresh news.

Spooner st is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 03:52 PM
  #35
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Växjö/Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_judge View Post
Thanks for the info...always nice to have fresh news.
Glad somebody found it useful Yeah, that's why I wrote it, so that people at least have some idea of what's going on with him at the moment.

Schnurvel is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 07:35 PM
  #36
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
Thanks, could not figure that out!

I'm actually a bit worried (as a LHC fan, as a Söderberg fan I'd really like for him to go as far as possible) that he might go over to the US this year (LHC has hinted that he's seriously considering it). However, I think he might stay one more year. If he does, that's definitely the last us Elitserien fans will see of him for quite some time, I'm sure! The reasons I think he might stay here though, is partly that Linköping is kind of making a new start (new coach, got some good players in, like Weinhandl), and also that he still has not played a full Elitserien season in his career. If he does stay, he'll probably be top scorer in the league. This season, he scored 35 (14+21) points in 42 games, and pretty much carried the whole team on his shoulders. He was actually pretty badly injured for the last month or two of the season, but still managed to be our best player. He had some serious problems with his feet not fitting his skates properly, and at the end of the season he said there was a small chance that he needed surgery (which, in the end, he didn't). He's not allowed to skate for another couple of months, though (which might also be a reason to stay in Sweden one more year). This injury is pretty much the only reason Söderberg isn't playing in the WC right now, he's been one of our very best players on the national team all year (us LHC fans are a bit relieved that he's not playing, since that would increase the "risk" of him playing in the NHL in the fall ).



Oops - sorry about the essay! Just thought I'd give you some info on how he's doing, since I haven't seen anything written here in a while
Thanks for the update- would still love to see him make the jump.

JMiller is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 07:54 PM
  #37
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,865
vCash: 500
If Kelly's salary demands are unreasonable, there could be a vacancy at 3rd line centre.

Ratty is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 08:26 AM
  #38
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,321
vCash: 50
Did anyone see this?

Quote:
- How is your son, Alexander, who received a nasty injury ( bruise kidneys. - Note. "Chempionat.com" ) at the end of the season?
- Thank God, today he has health all is well. There have been two surveys, which showed that all healed and Sasha has fully recovered. -

Several months ago you said that he could be back in "Spartacus" and work in this regard is already underway. During this time he became closer to return to "Spartacus"?

HC "Spartak"- A final decision on this point yet. We are in talks with "Boston." There is good dialogue, and everything is moving in the right direction. I think in the end of June we have a common denominator. At the same time in the process of signing the main contract with Alexander's "Boston." After that a decision on the further continuation of his career.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1191621

Shaun is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 09:29 AM
  #39
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
Nope, no dig of any kind. I don't even know who Hamilton is. I found that video on Youtube a couple of hours ago, and thought I'd post it here since some people still care about how Söderberg's doing.
OK, but you should probably know that Soderberg is a running joke on this board.

Artemis is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 10:05 AM
  #40
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,282
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Urgh...didn't Chia say he had 'guarantees' that Koko would sign and play out an entry level deal over here?

WBC8 is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 10:28 AM
  #41
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 21,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
If Kelly's salary demands are unreasonable, there could be a vacancy at 3rd line centre.
Would be filled by Peverley most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I hope he doesn't go to the KHL. Fingers crossed.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:14 AM
  #42
Saxon Eric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mendon/Greenfield NH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Would be filled by Peverley most likely.



I hope he doesn't go to the KHL. Fingers crossed.
I'd rather him play in Providence but not the end of the world if he plays back home for a couple of years

Also if that's your kid, would you rather have him making $55,000 or a cool million, live back home and be a national hero?

Saxon Eric is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:21 AM
  #43
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 21,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
I'd rather him play in Providence but not the end of the world if he plays back home for a couple of years

Also if that's your kid, would you rather have him making $55,000 or a cool million, live back home and be a national hero?
I think the legitimate fear here is that he ends up like Alexandrov or a Soderburg.

He has to make a living and I completely agree on that part but it makes me feel like then why did you come to NA in the first place?

If it were my kid, I would let him make the decision and support him no matter what.

Alicat is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:46 AM
  #44
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,321
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Urgh...didn't Chia say he had 'guarantees' that Koko would sign and play out an entry level deal over here?
yea and he said this last year

Quote:
The obvious concerns with Khokhlachev are the same as they have been with any Russian Player. If he is not happy here, he can bolt to Russia, be in his native country and make a comparable salary. The team that drafts him will have then wasted their pick, like Nashville did with Alexander Radulov.
Khokhlachev has stated that the NHL is his priority unlike many other players of Russian descent. Because he is already playing in North America there is almost no concern of his signing a KHL contract. In an interview with Hockey’s Future writer Alessandro Seren Rosso Khokhlachev discussed this, “to test yourself overseas is always interesting. Any player strives for the world’s best league, and today that’s the NHL.”
Despite carrying the Russian tag, Khokhlachev is a North American player. A lot of highly talented Russian Stars in the NHL have been criticized for floating and taking shifts off, but you don’t see that with Khokhlachev. He works hard and uses his body whenever he can.
http://thehockeywriters.com/the-next...illed-russian/


I guess when the KHL comes calling with tax free money things change.

Shaun is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 12:45 PM
  #45
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Växjö/Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
OK, but you should probably know that Soderberg is a running joke on this board.
Of course I'm aware of that. Still, he's doing fantastically well here in Sweden, so I just thought I'd share Even though most people don't care about him anymore, there's always gonna be a few who do.

Schnurvel is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 01:08 PM
  #46
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
yea and he said this last year



http://thehockeywriters.com/the-next...illed-russian/


I guess when the KHL comes calling with tax free money things change.
So far, we've seen a story that quotes Koko's father, and the GM of Spartak. Nothing from Koko himself.

I seem to recall that Koko was pressured to stay in Russia, and that he was supposed to be the face of their own junior program (with appropriate rewards), and he said no. OOG or Kirk could probably fill us in on that.

It's possible he feels with a year of Canadian junior under his belt, he can step into the KHL and improve. It's possible that he's merely homesick. It's also possible that he's being pressured by his parents. Who knows? But I'd like to hear from him first.

Artemis is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 01:56 PM
  #47
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
Of course I'm aware of that. Still, he's doing fantastically well here in Sweden, so I just thought I'd share Even though most people don't care about him anymore, there's always gonna be a few who do.
Thanks for updating us on Carl's situation. There's always room on a roster for a player of his skills. Please keep us informed.

Ratty is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 02:26 PM
  #48
BBB24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
Of course I'm aware of that. Still, he's doing fantastically well here in Sweden, so I just thought I'd share Even though most people don't care about him anymore, there's always gonna be a few who do.
Appreciate your updates, like hearing he is still doing well and getting better. I am certain we will see him in a Bruins uni one day

BBB24 is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 02:43 PM
  #49
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Växjö/Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Thanks for updating us on Carl's situation. There's always room on a roster for a player of his skills. Please keep us informed.
You're welcome! If you'd like to see more of what he's done this past season, this link has clips of almost all of his goals and assists (14+21):

http://www2.lhc.eu/trupp/LHC/2269/video

There's some pretty fun stuff in there

Schnurvel is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 02:53 PM
  #50
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Växjö/Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB24 View Post
Appreciate your updates, like hearing he is still doing well and getting better. I am certain we will see him in a Bruins uni one day
No problem at all, my pleasure It's great to see that there are still a few Bruins fans who care about how he's doing! I really hope he'll give the NHL another shot, he definitely has the talent and the skills! What I like most about him, I gotta say, is that he's somehow even better live than when you watch him on TV. His speed and size are impressive, he's just radiant (in lack of a better word) and dominates whenever he's on the ice. The way he sacrifices himself for the team is great, and his defensive work is amazing. When he does decide to join the Bruins, I'm sure you're gonna love him as much as we do in Linköping and Malmö

Schnurvel is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.