HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
“Dougie’s the best junior defenceman I’ve ever coached,” said IceDogs head coach Marty Williamson, who also coached St. Louis Blues stalwart Alex Pietrangelo. “I think you could be looking at a Norris Trophy-type guy, a guy that has a 15-, 20-year career ahead of him. He’s going to be a wonderful pro.”
High Praise

Old
05-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Schnurvel

vCash: 500
The Yeti

Here ya go, in case you'd forgotten about him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTzFpH5rn8

Last edited by Schnurvel: 05-16-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Couldn't get the damn video working...
Old
05-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Spooner st

delete

Old
05-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Spooner st

Always good to see our friend.
Maybe we will see him at training camp.

Old
05-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Shaun
beauty

the video is blocked in the US but heres a proxy to get it to work. just paste the link and it should work

http://www.goldunblocker.info/browse...&b=5&f=norefer

Old
05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
Here ya go, in case you'd forgotten about him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTzFpH5rn8

Er, what does Soderberg have to do with Hamilton? This is supposed to be some sort of dig, I guess?

Old
05-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_judge View Post

Always good to see our friend.
Maybe we will see him at training camp.

Thanks, could not figure that out!

I'm actually a bit worried (as a LHC fan, as a Söderberg fan I'd really like for him to go as far as possible) that he might go over to the US this year (LHC has hinted that he's seriously considering it). However, I think he might stay one more year. If he does, that's definitely the last us Elitserien fans will see of him for quite some time, I'm sure! The reasons I think he might stay here though, is partly that Linköping is kind of making a new start (new coach, got some good players in, like Weinhandl), and also that he still has not played a full Elitserien season in his career. If he does stay, he'll probably be top scorer in the league. This season, he scored 35 (14+21) points in 42 games, and pretty much carried the whole team on his shoulders. He was actually pretty badly injured for the last month or two of the season, but still managed to be our best player. He had some serious problems with his feet not fitting his skates properly, and at the end of the season he said there was a small chance that he needed surgery (which, in the end, he didn't). He's not allowed to skate for another couple of months, though (which might also be a reason to stay in Sweden one more year). This injury is pretty much the only reason Söderberg isn't playing in the WC right now, he's been one of our very best players on the national team all year (us LHC fans are a bit relieved that he's not playing, since that would increase the "risk" of him playing in the NHL in the fall ).

Oops - sorry about the essay! Just thought I'd give you some info on how he's doing, since I haven't seen anything written here in a while

Old
05-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Er, what does Soderberg have to do with Hamilton? This is supposed to be some sort of dig, I guess?

Nope, no dig of any kind. I don't even know who Hamilton is. I found that video on Youtube a couple of hours ago, and thought I'd post it here since some people still care about how Söderberg's doing.

Old
05-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Spooner st

Quote:

I'm actually a bit worried (as a LHC fan, as a Söderberg fan I'd really like for him to go as far as possible) that he might go over to the US this year (LHC has hinted that he's seriously considering it). However, I think he might stay one more year. If he does, that's definitely the last us Elitserien fans will see of him for quite some time, I'm sure! The reasons I think he might stay here though, is partly that Linköping is kind of making a new start (new coach, got some good players in, like Weinhandl), and also that he still has not played a full Elitserien season in his career. If he does stay, he'll probably be top scorer in the league. This season, he scored 35 (14+21) points in 42 games, and pretty much carried the whole team on his shoulders. He was actually pretty badly injured for the last month or two of the season, but still managed to be our best player. He had some serious problems with his feet not fitting his skates properly, and at the end of the season he said there was a small chance that he needed surgery (which, in the end, he didn't). He's not allowed to skate for another couple of months, though (which might also be a reason to stay in Sweden one more year). This injury is pretty much the only reason Söderberg isn't playing in the WC right now, he's been one of our very best players on the national team all year (us LHC fans are a bit relieved that he's not playing, since that would increase the "risk" of him playing in the NHL in the fall ).

Oops - sorry about the essay! Just thought I'd give you some info on how he's doing, since I haven't seen anything written here in a while
Only use the part after the " = " like the exp: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTzFpH5rn8

Thanks for the info...always nice to have fresh news.

Old
05-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_judge View Post
Thanks for the info...always nice to have fresh news.
Glad somebody found it useful Yeah, that's why I wrote it, so that people at least have some idea of what's going on with him at the moment.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:35 PM
JMiller

Quote:

Thanks for the update- would still love to see him make the jump.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Ratty

If Kelly's salary demands are unreasonable, there could be a vacancy at 3rd line centre.

Old
05-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Shaun
beauty

Did anyone see this?

Quote:
- How is your son, Alexander, who received a nasty injury ( bruise kidneys. - Note. "Chempionat.com" ) at the end of the season?
- Thank God, today he has health all is well. There have been two surveys, which showed that all healed and Sasha has fully recovered. -

Several months ago you said that he could be back in "Spartacus" and work in this regard is already underway. During this time he became closer to return to "Spartacus"?

HC "Spartak"- A final decision on this point yet. We are in talks with "Boston." There is good dialogue, and everything is moving in the right direction. I think in the end of June we have a common denominator. At the same time in the process of signing the main contract with Alexander's "Boston." After that a decision on the further continuation of his career.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1191621

Old
05-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Nope, no dig of any kind. I don't even know who Hamilton is. I found that video on Youtube a couple of hours ago, and thought I'd post it here since some people still care about how Söderberg's doing.
OK, but you should probably know that Soderberg is a running joke on this board.

Old
05-17-2012, 10:05 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Urgh...didn't Chia say he had 'guarantees' that Koko would sign and play out an entry level deal over here?

Old
05-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
If Kelly's salary demands are unreasonable, there could be a vacancy at 3rd line centre.
Would be filled by Peverley most likely.

Quote:
I hope he doesn't go to the KHL. Fingers crossed.

I am Boston Strong

Old
05-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Saxon Eric

Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Would be filled by Peverley most likely.

I hope he doesn't go to the KHL. Fingers crossed.
I'd rather him play in Providence but not the end of the world if he plays back home for a couple of years

Also if that's your kid, would you rather have him making $55,000 or a cool million, live back home and be a national hero?

Old
05-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
I'd rather him play in Providence but not the end of the world if he plays back home for a couple of years

Also if that's your kid, would you rather have him making $55,000 or a cool million, live back home and be a national hero?
I think the legitimate fear here is that he ends up like Alexandrov or a Soderburg.

He has to make a living and I completely agree on that part but it makes me feel like then why did you come to NA in the first place?

If it were my kid, I would let him make the decision and support him no matter what.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Urgh...didn't Chia say he had 'guarantees' that Koko would sign and play out an entry level deal over here?
yea and he said this last year

Quote:
The obvious concerns with Khokhlachev are the same as they have been with any Russian Player. If he is not happy here, he can bolt to Russia, be in his native country and make a comparable salary. The team that drafts him will have then wasted their pick, like Nashville did with Alexander Radulov.
Khokhlachev has stated that the NHL is his priority unlike many other players of Russian descent. Because he is already playing in North America there is almost no concern of his signing a KHL contract. In an interview with Hockey’s Future writer Alessandro Seren Rosso Khokhlachev discussed this, “to test yourself overseas is always interesting. Any player strives for the world’s best league, and today that’s the NHL.”
Despite carrying the Russian tag, Khokhlachev is a North American player. A lot of highly talented Russian Stars in the NHL have been criticized for floating and taking shifts off, but you don’t see that with Khokhlachev. He works hard and uses his body whenever he can.
http://thehockeywriters.com/the-next...illed-russian/

I guess when the KHL comes calling with tax free money things change.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
OK, but you should probably know that Soderberg is a running joke on this board.
Of course I'm aware of that. Still, he's doing fantastically well here in Sweden, so I just thought I'd share Even though most people don't care about him anymore, there's always gonna be a few who do.

Old
05-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
yea and he said this last year

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-next...illed-russian/

I guess when the KHL comes calling with tax free money things change.
So far, we've seen a story that quotes Koko's father, and the GM of Spartak. Nothing from Koko himself.

I seem to recall that Koko was pressured to stay in Russia, and that he was supposed to be the face of their own junior program (with appropriate rewards), and he said no. OOG or Kirk could probably fill us in on that.

It's possible he feels with a year of Canadian junior under his belt, he can step into the KHL and improve. It's possible that he's merely homesick. It's also possible that he's being pressured by his parents. Who knows? But I'd like to hear from him first.

Old
05-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Of course I'm aware of that. Still, he's doing fantastically well here in Sweden, so I just thought I'd share Even though most people don't care about him anymore, there's always gonna be a few who do.
Thanks for updating us on Carl's situation. There's always room on a roster for a player of his skills. Please keep us informed.

Old
05-17-2012, 02:26 PM
BBB24

Quote:
Appreciate your updates, like hearing he is still doing well and getting better. I am certain we will see him in a Bruins uni one day

Old
05-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Thanks for updating us on Carl's situation. There's always room on a roster for a player of his skills. Please keep us informed.
You're welcome! If you'd like to see more of what he's done this past season, this link has clips of almost all of his goals and assists (14+21):

http://www2.lhc.eu/trupp/LHC/2269/video

There's some pretty fun stuff in there

Old
05-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB24 View Post
Appreciate your updates, like hearing he is still doing well and getting better. I am certain we will see him in a Bruins uni one day
No problem at all, my pleasure It's great to see that there are still a few Bruins fans who care about how he's doing! I really hope he'll give the NHL another shot, he definitely has the talent and the skills! What I like most about him, I gotta say, is that he's somehow even better live than when you watch him on TV. His speed and size are impressive, he's just radiant (in lack of a better word) and dominates whenever he's on the ice. The way he sacrifices himself for the team is great, and his defensive work is amazing. When he does decide to join the Bruins, I'm sure you're gonna love him as much as we do in Linköping and Malmö

Closed Thread