HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All 2012-2013 Post-Apocalyptic Theme Discussion Here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2012, 04:44 PM
  #26
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Are there enough of us who feel the same to fill a lifeboat?
....maybe a collapsable dingy......

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:52 PM
  #27
CBJ Bob
It Smells Bad!
 
CBJ Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: In Hiding
Country: United States
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
The Magical Missery Tour

CBJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:11 PM
  #28
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Are there enough of us who feel the same to fill a lifeboat?
It can be a floating door for all I care, as long as I get to share it with a cold and naked Kate Winslet.

Mayor Bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:21 PM
  #29
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
I'm just going to assume that you mean a sarcasm smiley somewhere around here. Because yours is kind of a tongue-in-cheek post, right? I absolutely get the bitterness. But I know you wouldn't be blaming Viqsi or I for avatar/theming mishaps. I'm actually quite proud of the work I've done on avatars, I think they look great. Not to mention all the hours spent doing it for free. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, Jf
I'm quite sure it was just a fun poke at you two, but I do hope that you recind that benefit of the doubt, since it will only further encourage him.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:45 PM
  #30
Derby
Pilsners in Prague
 
Derby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
It can be a floating door for all I care, as long as I get to share it with a cold and naked Kate Winslet.
Just had a discussion this morning about that very same floating door with a bunch of 13 year olds, while avoiding all reference to a cold and naked Kate. They were wondering why they BOTH couldn't have used it as a raft. Seriously perplexed them, couldn't understand that at all.

"Plenty of room on that door!!!!" the boys loudly argued.

They are not exactly clear on the idea of chivalry (or dramatic license for that matter)

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:59 PM
  #31
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,343
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew





Matthew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:03 PM
  #32
OnYourIgnoreList
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
Although not in keeping with the post-apocalyptic theme, casting CBJ players as superheroes/supervillains would be a logical extension of both JJ as Captain America and a summer filled to the ***crack with superhero movies.

In the unlikely event this is the direction, dibs on Jeff Carter as The Invisible Woman.

OnYourIgnoreList is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:14 PM
  #33
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Just had a discussion this morning about that very same floating door with a bunch of 13 year olds, while avoiding all reference to a cold and naked Kate. They were wondering why they BOTH couldn't have used it as a raft. Seriously perplexed them, couldn't understand that at all.

"Plenty of room on that door!!!!" the boys loudly argued.

They are not exactly clear on the idea of chivalry (or dramatic license for that matter)
Not clear on the ideas of physics either. There would have been roughly 70-80 kg of remaining buoyant force (since it needs to keep itself afloat as well), meaning that the door would have sank had they both been on, regardless of room. There was barely enough buoyancy to keep her afloat, considering those heavenly orbs needed to remain intact as well.

Lousy 13-year-olds....when I was that age, we'd already mastered and moved on from this stuff. We had to, what with figuring out how best to avoid the machine gun nests that lined out treacherous walk to school.

Mayor Bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:21 PM
  #34
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourIgnoreList View Post
Although not in keeping with the post-apocalyptic theme, casting CBJ players as superheroes/supervillains would be a logical extension of both JJ as Captain America and a summer filled to the ***crack with superhero movies.

In the unlikely event this is the direction, dibs on Jeff Carter as The Invisible Woman.
I think I found the one for Scott Howson


candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:28 PM
  #35
Inquiring Minds
Registered User
 
Inquiring Minds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Grandview, Ohio
Posts: 1,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
I'm just going to assume that you mean a sarcasm smiley somewhere around here. Because yours is kind of a tongue-in-cheek post, right? I absolutely get the bitterness. But I know you wouldn't be blaming Viqsi or I for avatar/theming mishaps. I'm actually quite proud of the work I've done on avatars, I think they look great. Not to mention all the hours spent doing it for free. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, Jf
In all seriousness, there are times that I think the CBJ fanbase (Skraut's videos, the boards, the blogs, the avatars...) may be the best part of this organ-i-zation. The passion you guys show is second to none, and has been squandered. It is tragic, really.

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:43 PM
  #36
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
I'm just going to assume that you mean a sarcasm smiley somewhere around here. Because yours is kind of a tongue-in-cheek post, right? I absolutely get the bitterness. But I know you wouldn't be blaming Viqsi or I for avatar/theming mishaps. I'm actually quite proud of the work I've done on avatars, I think they look great. Not to mention all the hours spent doing it for free. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, Jf
No, I really believe your Call to Arms ruined the season.

And btw Viqsi, **** you too, of by **** you meant "respect".


Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I'm quite sure it was just a fun poke at you two, but I do hope that you recind that benefit of the doubt, since it will only further encourage him.
No, I really do hate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
......
"New Jack City"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquiring Minds View Post
In all seriousness, there are times that I think the CBJ fanbase (Skraut's videos, the boards, the blogs, the avatars...) may be the best part of this organ-i-zation. The passion you guys show is second to none, and has been squandered. It is tragic, really.
Eh, It beats working.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:59 PM
  #37
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
How could I leave this one off the list!

"idiocracy"

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:00 PM
  #38
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."
 
CBJSprague24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 52mi from the Nat
Country: United States
Posts: 6,828
vCash: 500
Wasn't The Island based on a supposed premise that the clones were told that they'd survived the apocalypse? Jackets Island?

The Superhero thing is kinda cool, too. Calling a Superhero Vinny avatar based on a TBD superhero.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:02 PM
  #39
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,343
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
How could I leave this one off the list!

"idiocracy"
Samkow, Kalio, and I did this already. </hipster>

Matthew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:04 PM
  #40
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Wasn't The Island based on a supposed premise that the clones were told that they'd survived the apocalypse? Jackets Island?
For all the people concerned about the CBJ finances or a poor return on investment, "The Island" had a gate of $36 million compared to a $126 million cost. Not quite "John Carter" levels, but close.

Mayor Bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:19 PM
  #41
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Samkow, Kalio, and I did this already. </hipster>
More like "Starred in it. "
I wish you guys would come up with legit **** for this fresh push to the Cup.

Plus, Samkow isn't funny.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:39 PM
  #42
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I'm quite sure it was just a fun poke at you two, but I do hope that you recind that benefit of the doubt, since it will only further encourage him.
Like I said. Obviously it's a joke, but when it's JF, the only proper response is "**** you too."

And JF - I suppose that applies in a roundabout way. Sorta.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:41 PM
  #43
OldGoaltender
Registered User
 
OldGoaltender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Triad NC
Country: United States
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
"The Crying Game"

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:09 PM
  #44
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Good movie oldgoal.
But that's a whodunit, and we already know the killer was Howson.

"Post Apocalyptic" imagines the world AFTER the devastation. You know, like now.

So consider.
"TerminateHim Salvation"

Or that classic Post-A film about what our GMs have done to our fan base:
"Demolition Man".

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:19 PM
  #45
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,761
vCash: 500
I'm not sure how this will work as a theme, but I want to Photoshop a CBJ version of the X-Men Days of Future Past cover:


JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:25 PM
  #46
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,449
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
The Jacks are Back...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:30 PM
  #47
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
The Jacks are Back...
The fantasy theme was last year Bob.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:39 PM
  #48
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,449
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
The fantasy theme was last year Bob.
I didn't do one last year, it's what came to my mind first... If it has to be your way, Man Days Rule....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:17 AM
  #49
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Y'know, on further reflection, this may be a mistake. Can we really afford to let JF continue to take the lead with avatar unity concepts? I mean, most of the times we've let him run with these things were during the MacLean years, and we all know how much success we got out of those.

And he was actively fighting the high-profile flop in Carry The Avatar. I'm beginning to wonder if it wasn't his resistance that truly sunk that.

Maybe it's JF's approach to avatars that has been the poison pill in our history all this time. I really think it would behoove us to take a look at a fresh approach.

(No, no, **** YOU. )

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:02 AM
  #50
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,449
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Y'know, on further reflection, this may be a mistake. Can we really afford to let JF continue to take the lead with avatar unity concepts? I mean, most of the times we've let him run with these things were during the MacLean years, and we all know how much success we got out of those.

And he was actively fighting the high-profile flop in Carry The Avatar. I'm beginning to wonder if it wasn't his resistance that truly sunk that.

Maybe it's JF's approach to avatars that has been the poison pill in our history all this time. I really think it would behoove us to take a look at a fresh approach.

(No, no, **** YOU. )
Or, cover the bases; use those flipping Avatars with apocalypse/paradise, fantasy/reality, comedy/tragedy etc. Everyone should be happy.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.