HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash

Old
05-16-2012, 02:56 PM
54roughing*

vCash: 500
Any San Jose fan wh o says Pavelski is on the same level as nash doesnt have the sense of a pogo stick. other than nash we had one player with 20 goals period, other teams know we have little offense, Pavelski gets to hide behind Marleau Thornton and Couture, teams cant afford to focus on Pavelski as they can on Rick Nash. Who exactly do we have to make them pay for focusing on Nash?

if San Jose does want to make a decent offer then we move on its that simple, Id probably do a Couture and Murray Package for Nash and Methot

failing that Id offer Nash to the Isles for Nino and Poulin, two young players I think we could grow with and gain cap space

Last edited by 54roughing*: 05-16-2012 at 03:08 PM.
54roughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I think the Nash to NYR ship has already sailed. Sather clearly wasn't happy with the way the negotiations went with Howson. And I think making the ECF will be enough to convince him that Nash isn't needed, especially at the price Howson was asking. There's no doubt that we could use some more help on offense, but there's no reason it needs to be Nash, particularly with the new CBA coming up.
Agreed. A big part of acquiring Nash was to give Richards someone to play with. Now that he's found some chemistry with Gaborik and Hagelin, why break that up?

If the Rangers look for another offensive weapon, I think it'll be someone with a much lower cap hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Expect the Rangers to try
something like
Dubinsky, Stepan, McIlrath, JT Miller, and their #1 pick
for
Nash, Atkinson, and their #2 pick
Don't expect them to do anything like that. They're not going to trade away that much, if they make a trade at all.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:08 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Agreed. A big part of acquiring Nash was to give Richards someone to play with. Now that he's found some chemistry with Gaborik and Hagelin, why break that up?
You mean Hagelin with zero goals in the playoffs?

That Hagelin?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:42 PM
mytor4*

I think i can find better places to spend 7.8 mil than on a 70 pt forward.
Unless you have a Malkin,Crosby,Thornton type of player already who can get the puck to Nash i wouldn't want him.
For what he has done so far in his career i consider him over payed and over hyped.
It has been said before, people will always be blinded by "potential" rather than the actual results that they put up.
I pass.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post

That Hagelin?
Yeah. The same Hagelin that was on nearly a 50 point 82 game pace in his rookie year, and whose speed is an essential part of that line.

But sure, basing his value on 12 playoff games makes more sense than 68 regular season games.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:55 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post

That Hagelin?
yeah the ranger fan is right, the Ranger ship has sailed every game Kreider plays, makes it less likely theyd want Nash

im realistic

54roughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
So your opinion is based on the fact that you guess Nash and Thornton would have chemistry? The same thing was assumed about a lot of players and it hasn't worked out that way (Heatley, Michalek, Bell, Setoguchi, Couture, Clowe...) the only players that have really excelled with Thornton are Cheechoo, and arguably Pavelski (he only saw a small increase in production, and he's been getting better every season anyway). So if I'm the GM I wouldn't be taking that kind of risk again.
You know that Thornton played with Nash for a whole season, right? Doesn't seem like you do. They've shown chemistry; I'm not guessing on that. I'm guessing that it'd be tough to contain in the NHL playoffs.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:23 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
You know that Thornton played with Nash for a whole season, right? Doesn't seem like you do. They've shown chemistry; I'm not guessing on that. I'm guessing that it'd be tough to contain in the NHL playoffs.
Yep, they both played for HC Davos during the lockout

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Where will Nash end up?

he won't be with the jackets next year I think we all know that my question to you is where do you think he ends up?

I don't know where he will end up but I don't think it will be with the Rangers. The reason being is I believe they will win the series with the devils and because of that they will decide to not sell the farm for Nash.

Although if they lose the series with the devils I think they go all in for him.

at 7.8 per for 7 more years I guess it depends on how much money the jackets are willing to take back.

Where do you think he goes?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:32 PM
candyman82

My suspicion is that he will end up with the Sharks

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:34 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
he won't be with the jackets next year I think we all know that my question to you is where do you think he ends up?

I don't know where he will end up but I don't think it will be with the Rangers. The reason being is I believe they will win the series with the devils and because of that they will decide to not sell the farm for Nash.

Although if they lose the series with the devils I think they go all in for him.

at 7.8 per for 7 more years I guess it depends on how much money the jackets are willing to take back.

Where do you think he goes?
I don't think we all know that at all. I don't think it would be a surprise at all if he states the season as a Blue Jacket.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:35 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I don't think we all know that at all. I don't think it would be a surprise at all if he states the season as a Blue Jacket.
but he doesn't want to be there that we do know so why keep him?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 2052
Quote:
I also wouldn't be surprised if he stays with the Jackets. I think that would be a mistake keeping him though.

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:37 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

I think its between the Leafs and the Sharks.

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:40 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
How do we know he doesn't want to be there. I don't know Nash on a personal level. To my knowledge Nash has never stated he does not want to be there. To my knowledge he has never requested a trade. Everything you are saying is speculation and not facts at all.

Unless there is something new that I have not read about him stating he wants out.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 2052
Quote:
How do we know he doesn't want to be there. I don't know Nash on a personal level. To my knowledge Nash has never stated he does not want to be there. To my knowledge he has never requested a trade. Everything you are saying is speculation and not facts at all.

Unless there is something new that I have not read about him stating he wants out.
Howson said after the trade deadline that he was approached by Nash asking for a trade because Nash thought it would help rebuild the team faster. Basically saying (in my opinion) he doesn't want to be there for a rebuild and wants out.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389007

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:46 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Those things tend to have a bigger impact on an individual players production than simply the quality of the team. Nash might come here and have terrible chemistry with Thornton and his line mates, we have no real way of knowing that (Thornton is a much different player now than we he played with Nash in Sweden). He might struggle with our system (which is terrible and why most every shark had a down season offensively, besides Pavelski/Couture).
Quote:
Few posts back man. Are you even reading my posts?

That was a long time ago, and Thornton is a VERY different player now, playing against very different levels of talent.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
That's fine, I mean you're certainly entitled to hold that opinion. I think, and no I don't have any proof of this, that pairing Nash with Thornton would make the Sharks a better playoff team. I'd love the chance to watch it on the NHL stage and to see Nash finally get the recognition he deserves.
I like Nash's game and he is a class act. I don't want him traded to the Sharks because I would like him to get the recognition he would get on a high profile team.

I'd love to see him in NY, Boston or Philly.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
Howson said after the trade deadline that he was approached by Nash asking for a trade because Nash thought it would help rebuild the team faster. Basically saying (in my opinion) he doesn't want to be there for a rebuild and wants out.
I took it as Nash told Howsen he would approve a trade if it would help the team out. Not him actively asking for a trade. Kind of like how Iginla would most likely wave his no trade clause to help the team rebuild if asked. A lot of GM's would not ask a player like Nash to wave so maybe he though it needed to be said to let him know it would be ok.

Old
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Prongo
Beer

Flyers will try for him I believe. I am in the minority of flyers fans that think this though I believe. I think they are looking for someone to ride shotgun with Giroux for the next 5-8 years. Rick Nash wouldn't be a bad talent to put next to him IMHO.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

Vancuver

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
I dont think he will be kept, but supposedly his trade request wasn't very firm. What we know is that he wanted the CBJ to either try to be a contender in a few years or, if they were going for a complete rebuild, to trade him for parts to help the rebuild. This may have been partly why CBJ traded their 1st and Voracek for Carter.

He was supposedly caught off guard when Howson told the media that Nash was the one requesting a trade and was upset. I think he wanted his request to remain quiet and that he approached management as a courtesy instead of waiting a few seasons and then demanding a trade.

Dont know the teams he wanted to go to.
Dont know if CBJ are going for a full rebuild or not.
Dont know how Nash views Richards as a coach.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:51 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Philly. Giroux needs someone to take defensive pressure off of him. And just because I like Nash a lot and would love him in Philly.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:54 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54roughing View Post
Any San Jose fan wh o says Pavelski is on the same level as nash doesnt have the sense of a pogo stick. other than nash we had one player with 20 goals period, other teams know we have little offense, Pavelski gets to hide behind Marleau Thornton and Couture, teams cant afford to focus on Pavelski as they can on Rick Nash. Who exactly do we have to make them pay for focusing on Nash?

if San Jose does want to make a decent offer then we move on its that simple, Id probably do a Couture and Murray Package for Nash and Methot

failing that Id offer Nash to the Isles for Nino and Poulin, two young players I think we could grow with and gain cap space
Pavelski plays against tougher competition than all of those guys, consistently, and puts up more points (slightly) than Nash doing so at the same time as shutting down those opposing players defensively to a level Nash cannot touch. Pavelski is a selke level defensive forward and I fully expect him to be nominated for one at some point.

Pavelski produces no matter who he is paired with. Again, I point out, for all your hyperbole, Pavelski had more points than Nash when he played on the 3rd line with the likes of Wellwood and Mitchell.

Nash is hugely overhyped and highly overpaid.

You can continue to hype the Nash train all you like, but it's simply not backed up by any evidence, and let me put it in bold for you since no one seems to grasp this:

JOE PAVELSKI GETS PAID HALF OF WHAT RICK NASH IS PAID.

There value is not equal, Pavelski is a superior two-way player. You talk about hits, Pavelski takes face-offs better than any top centerman int he league. He blocks more shots than Nash, he's better defensively, and he's equal offensively, whether the Nash apologists want to admit it or not.

Until Nash starts putting up 40 goal seasons again I'm not interested in him at $8m a season, sorry. Especially not at the cost of Pavelski, and bringing up Couture isn't even funny. Keep up with the insults, I'll keep up with the facts.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote