HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jason Garrison - Canucks top of his list if he hits UFA status.

Old
05-16-2012, 06:10 PM
fancouver

vCash: 500
4 years at 4 million each year is something the Canucks can do. He won't be paid more than Bieksa or Hamhuis.

And if he does sign, I guess that will mean Ballard is on his way out.

fancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:16 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
For him to sign in Vancouver IMO, it would take the Canucks old go to contract for defensman - 4 years 14 million (Pretty sure Salo, Ohlund and Mitchell all took that).

There will be plenty of teams that offer much more in terms of salary and likely term. He'll have to weigh the options of:

HUGE pay day vs very big pay day vs big pay day in a place he wants to be.
That was a number of years ago under a lower cap ceiling. With inflation that number is more like 16-18m over 4 years.

But if Garrison and Florida can't come to an agreement and the Canucks are interested, I wonder if it would make sense for Vancouver to trade a depth dman like Alberts or Gragani for Garrison's rights. Only assuming that Vancouver would want to clear out a dman to make room for Garrison, and if Florida could use the depth guy we don't need.

RandV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:24 PM
YogiCanucks

shocking... hometown kid wants to play in hometown. (or province)

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Petter Granberg

Anywhere between 3.5M and 4.5M for 3-6 years IMHO.

Petter Granberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
Wouldn't mind him on the Sens at all.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:44 PM
mstad101

I've been saying a 5 year deal worth 20 million.

Salary of 3 million per year with 5 million dollar signing bonus.

Vancouver had previously traded Edler to NYI's for 4th overall and drafts Filip Forsberg to soon replace 2nd line center opening once Sedin retires and Kesler moves up

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:46 PM
SoulReaper
Cake is a LIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
I've been saying a 5 year deal worth 20 million.

Salary of 3 million per year with 5 million dollar signing bonus.

Vancouver had previously traded Edler to NYI's for 4th overall and drafts Filip Forsberg to soon replace 2nd line center opening once Sedin retires and Kesler moves up
Edler >>>> 4th overall

SoulReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:52 PM
MuchoMacho

Quote:
The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for reps, I can tell you that you're talkin' to the wrong miscer. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave this thread now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will neg you.

PS: btw OP is a p*****t

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:03 PM
rockinghockey

I hope VAN signs him then he turns out just as good as Ballard did.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:08 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I hope VAN signs him then he turns out just as good as Ballard did.
I'm hoping he turns out as good as Dan Hamhuis.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Numbers

Who knows maybe if they sign Garrison they can trade Ballard.

If Nsh can't sign Weber

Canucks get a 1st in a Luongo package.

Trade 2 1st rnd picks and Ballard to Nsh for Webers rights.

But the point is everything is circumstantial and you can't tell cause we don't know what everyone else is thinking, so many parties involved.

Numbers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Burrows Bite

I don't think theres room for Garrison in Vancouver. They have Hamhuis and Edler on the left side. They need a right-handed puck mover to play with Edler. Justin Schultz would be the ideal fit if they can sign him. Hopefully Schultz has the same dream as Garrison

Burrows Bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
i didnt realize all a team had to do to qualify as an "Elite" was win a division and win one playoff game. You must be redundant then since panthers are on the same footing as the canucks.
Someones been living under a rock til the last 2-3 months.

Back to back presidents champs, game 7 stanley cup finals, divisional titles all 3 years the current managment has been in place.

Yup those accomplishments are nothing there are soo many better teams that have done better oh wait

I'd like u to name me an elite team if the Canucks are not one. Seems like just another poster just mad that one of his teams players may leave for a better team

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:02 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

Quote:
@News1130Sports: Garrison says he wants to be back in Florida but his agent hasn't talked to the Panthers lately.
Seems that a) his agent is trying push him to UFA or b) he's talking bull and has no intention of re-signing.

If that's the case, don't let the door hit you on your way out G52.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Seems that a) his agent is trying push him to UFA or b) he's talking bull and has no intention of re-signing.

If that's the case, don't let the door hit you on your way out G52.
Nah, this happens. Not a big deal. He was asked a question, he answered. Reggie Wayne was asked if he would like to sign with the Dolphins and almost seemed by his words that he and Peyton were seriously considering it. Peyton to Denver, Reggie wasted little time re-signing with the Colts.

Players say things often enough, can often not have much behind it.

05-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
LOL he's asking for a minimum of 4.5M from Florida, who is still his top destination. If he hits the open market he's going to get close to 5M, if not more.
Then he won't be playing for Vancouver as I doubt we offer a penny over 4.5mil. I have a feeling if he can get a longterm deal in a place he really wants to play for a fair price he'd take it. I know quite a few people who grew up with this kid in white rock who still talk to him regularly, he was a die hard Canuck fan growing up. That has to count for something.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrows Bite View Post
I don't think theres room for Garrison in Vancouver. They have Hamhuis and Edler on the left side. They need a right-handed puck mover to play with Edler. Justin Schultz would be the ideal fit if they can sign him. Hopefully Schultz has the same dream as Garrison
Garrison is a lefty that plays the right side just like Ehrhoff. He isn't as good of a puck mover but he is much better defensively, if we can get him for around 4mil a season I say we go for it. For a cap hit of 22.3mil we could role with...

Edler-Garrison
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Ballard-Salo

That's pretty solid, if you ask me.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:11 PM
StringerBell

I'm know I'm in the minority here but I would like to see Gillis sign Garrison and trade Edler for help up front.We need another impact player in our top 6 and I can't see us getting one by dealing Luongo.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that Edler will get a giant deal next summer based on potential that he probably won't ever reach.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Whenever I watched the Panthers, Garrison was playing the left and Campbell the right
Dunno which games you watched, but Garry is on the right so Soup could set up his cannon.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:14 PM
KISSland

I really hope the Canucks go after Garrison. Test the market damn it!

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:46 PM
SunshineRays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He's not a puck mover.
Actually, Garrison is a puck mover - the very definition of a puck mover. He's the best puck possession d-man in Florida this yr.

He's exactly the type of d-man Canucks need to play with Edler. Garrison played on his offside this yr and did really well. Is he gonna put up 16 goals again? Not likely, but Canucks don't need him to.

They need him to help Edler drive play - which is exactly what Ehrhoff did. Without a puck possession partner like Ehrhoff, Edler struggles. Salo is not a strong puck possession guy, hence that paring did not do well. It's also why they tried to play Bieksa and Edler together this yr, cause Bieksa is a puck possession - drive play type player. Unfortunately, for whatever they were a disaster defensively.

Gillis will definitely be looking for a puck possession partner to play with Eddie. But I would never sign this guy to a long term contract worth more than $4M per season. He's only had 2 1/2 yrs in the NHL, so he's still somewhat unknown and a risk.

SunshineRays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:59 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
I'd be a bit annoyed if I'm Florida and in the middle of May one of my players is publicly naming teams where he wants to sign on July 1.
of course. but if you are jason, this basically is your ONE time to cash in before your career ends. yeah it's a ****** way to go into FA, but i can't say that i blame him.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Actually, no, Campbell was far and away our best puck mover. And Garrison shoots left, he didn't play his off side. He can play either side, but plays best on right.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Actually, no, Campbell was far and away our best puck mover. And Garrison shoots left, he didn't play his off side. He can play either side, but plays best on right.
If the Canucks lose out on Schultz, Garrison would be the next option in my opinion. Since u say he plays best on the right side and thats what we need

Maybe even sign both and then work out who to trade later incase Schultz doesn't make the team

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:12 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I never watched the Panthers too much to take notice, but judging from the various reports on what side he plays, is it all possible he played the left side 5 on 5 and play the right side (one timer side) on the PP.

That would explain why there is no consensus on which side he play.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote