HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF Devils @ Rangers Game 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Trident61494

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Should we look at Eminger now?? Bickel is not working out at all ....He cant clear the ****ing puck out of the zone
not exclusive to Bickel...

Old
RiffyNYR61

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
You dont bench one of the only scoring options you have in a tie game or down by a goal in the 3rd period.

Bag skate him in practice. Whisper a "********" in his ear. You dont bench a guy at that stage. You just dont.

It's a stupid, selfish move.
THIS. its absurd how torts only hold cetain players accountable. kreider or gabby miss an assignment and they dont play. boyle sucks **** and cant handle a pass or clear the zone and he doesnt miss a shift EVER. dont even get me started on john mitchell.

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I don't get it with Bickel. Most of the time, he's benched in the third...playoffs OR regular season.

Why was he out there??

Old
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The same Captain has been atrocious while Gaborik has 10 points.
10 soft points. Other than his triple OT goal and a couple good plays here and there, he hasn't done much.

someone tell me how a rookie green out of college has made made more plays, been an impact on games, is always noticeable out there, and has scored crucial goals......and a supposed "star" who is a "pure sniper" is not only invisible....but makes the softest plays and glaring crucial mistakes constantly?

yea......go Gabby. NOT

Old
05-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Each goal was a direct result of an unforced turnover/poor clear because of how our Dmen are told to play the puck from the corner. Its compiled with the fact that our Wings don't support the half wall and instead play between the wall and the slot. Its a system scheme and its stupid.

If you want to talk about the blown coverage that came AFTER said clears. Thats fine, but imo, not the root problem.

I follow what you're saying, and that is a problem, but Clarkson being wide ****ing open in front of the net is not a system scheme. Maybe we're arguing semantics, but that speaks of someone not picking up the guy screening in the low slot.

Old
05-16-2012, 11:08 PM
bigbluebird

lol at nbc whining about Torts ahaha. Sorry if we ruined your post game.

Old
05-16-2012, 11:09 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Lol Torts...

These questions are so stupid. "Was this the type of effort you needed to win this game?": No. Shortly after, "are you happy with the effort"? Are you serious?

GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
The point is that he's not going to magically get better if he's playing more minutes with an injury.
game 2 of the ECF and one of your star players in benched because he refuses to give up the body, callahan with one hand one leg one arm will not allow that to happen. whatever it takes this time of year

Old
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
not exclusive to Bickel...
no its not....Girardi couldn't clear it a couple of times. Gaborik cost us a goal. However.....Bickel seems to make these mistakes over and over. It's a pattern with this kid. It is time to sit him down hard!!!

Old
05-16-2012, 11:10 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Should we look at Eminger now?? Bickel is not working out at all ....He cant clear the ****ing puck out of the zone
Him letting Zidlicky waltz through the back of the net was pitiful.

Dump the guy on his ***!!!!!

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

For a team that prides itself on team defense, they get REALLY retarded in their own zone.

Old
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
This team really needs Dubie and Sauer back. Cant stand Boyle and Bickel anymore.
I don't know what Bickel could have done on that goal by Clarkson. He had his man. Del Sotto was out of position

Old
pavelich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
I follow what you're saying, and that is a problem, but Clarkson being wide ****ing open in front of the net is not a system scheme. Maybe we're arguing semantics, but that speaks of someone not picking up the guy screening in the low slot.
You're both right and you're arguing semantics. Agree to agree!

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilllempire View Post
10 soft points. Other than his triple OT goal and a couple good plays here and there, he hasn't done much.

someone tell me how a rookie green out of college has made made more plays, been an impact on games, is always noticeable out there, and has scored crucial goals......and a supposed "star" who is a "pure sniper" is not only invisible....but makes the softest plays and glaring crucial mistakes constantly?

yea......go Gabby. NOT
10 soft points as compared to an entire playoffs of being a "hard" waste of space. I take it any day.

I love Callahan, he's my favorite forward on this team, but he's been AWFUL. It's unacceptable.

Old
05-16-2012, 11:11 PM
fscuttle

Send a message via AIM to fscuttle
Quote:

yea......go Gabby. NOT
I have to agree.

Old
05-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Well you guys know how I feel about Boyle, but he was the least of our problems this game.

He is what he is. Unless Sather removes him from our team next season, he is going to be playing way more than he should.

Torts loves the dude because of his effort/character(he also will do whatever he asks him to do). Not because of his actual abilities as a hockey player: he can't skate, flatfooted forechecker, can't pass, poor balance, no shot, no awareness.

He is a solid PKer, and he makes the occasional nice defensive play. But that isn't good enough as a third line center.

I hope JT Miller is ready next season(I doubt it).

Old
05-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Sorry, but Callahan has been horrible. And he's not doing everything but scoring. He's making rushed passes, and flat out killing offensive oppurtunities. Playing with one hand shouldn't prevent you from looking before you pass.

Old
Dantes19

Quote:

Because he's drawing the defensive focus of the other team? Because the Devils are keying in/placing extra emphasis on stopping him?

Also, the attempt to discredit all of his points as soft is laughable. 10 points in 16 games in the playoffs is impressive, and it's certainly more than, say, Callahan has. He's not a physical warrior like Jarome Iginla, but to say that he hasn't done much is absurd.

Old
bigbluebird

I really think a lot of this was fatigue.

No excuse--they could have won still--but a lot of the careless play/puck clearing was fatigue.

We'll get 'em on Saturday lol. (then probably lose the next game ahaha, but still)

Old
05-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
I don't know what Bickel could have done on that goal by Clarkson. He had his man. Del Sotto was out of position

Yeah, that one wasn't Bickel's fault. Like you said, he had his guy on that play. It's easy to **** on Bickel, but the Clarkson goal wasn't attributable to him.

Old
05-16-2012, 11:13 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by fscuttle View Post
I have to agree.
Did not see that coming whatsoever.

Old
05-16-2012, 11:14 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Well you guys know how I feel about Boyle, but he was the least of our problems this game.

He is what he is. Unless Sather removes him from our team next season, he is going to be playing way more than he should.

Torts loves the dude because of his effort/character(he also will do whatever he asks him to do). Not because of his actual abilities as a hockey player: he can't skate, flatfooted forechecker, can't pass, poor balance, no shot, no awareness.

He is a solid PKer, and he makes the occasional nice defensive play. But that isn't good enough as a third line center.

I hope JT Miller is ready next season(I doubt it).

Hey there he is, the Blue Shirt Believer who said Rangers can't win the cup this year and he is already talking about calling up JT Miller next season, LOL what a joke. Was Blue Shirt Deceiver already in use?

Old
05-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
no its not....Girardi couldn't clear it a couple of times. Gaborik cost us a goal. However.....Bickel seems to make these mistakes over and over. It's a pattern with this kid. It is time to sit him down hard!!!
I notice that basic puck handling skills seem to go by the wayside lately. I feel that a lot of players a rushing to get a pass off and they're fanning (Stepan, Girardi, Bickel come to mind) on the puck and not completing a pass or producing turnovers

Last edited by Trident61494: 05-16-2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: sp
Old
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluebird View Post
lol at nbc whining about Torts ahaha. Sorry if we ruined your post game.
I am going to figure out how to use my DVR and delay it and listen to the Radio feed. I can't take another minute of NBC. We had to hear a stupid question from Pierre instead of seeing the replay of the slash by Boyle. The pregame and in between period stuff was all Devils.

Old
fscuttle

Send a message via AIM to fscuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Sorry, but Callahan has been horrible. And he's not doing everything but scoring. He's making rushed passes, and flat out killing offensive oppurtunities. Playing with one hand shouldn't prevent you from looking before you pass.
There aren't too many Rangers who are good passers. Their passes through the neutral zone are really terrible. half of their 3 on 2's they don't even get a shot on goal.

Closed Thread