HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECF Devils @ Rangers Game 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2012, 10:15 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Too bad the games arent at the Meadowlands. I cant stand the PA announcer at the Rock. I miss the old guy with the monotone voice.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I'm gonna let off a rant here but I'm sick of Gaborik. Explain to me why a guy who has 3 goals in 21 playoff games with us if I'm correct should not be benched? He can be such a ***** at times, he's always afraid to take a hit to make a play, he shies away from any physical contact, and if he isn't scoring he's useless. I'm tired of his lazy efforts on the boards because he's a wimp. And for the record Anisimov got the extra ice time when he was benched not the "grinders". A message needed to be sent and I agree with the benching. Look I'm not advocating a team full of grinders, I just want Gaborik to grow a pair and play better

Old
05-16-2012, 10:17 PM
OverTheCap

People are placing some blame on Bickel for the game winning goal not because he blew his coverage, but because he failed to clear the puck right before that. He had the opportunity to pass the puck to an open Ranger, can't remember who it was, but he was totally unaware of where his teammates were and just shot the puck around the boards to a Devil.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:18 PM
bouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Big thing I noticed was the fanning. I can't count how many shots were fanned or whiffed. Del Zotto was the biggest culprit. Happened like 4 times to him.
Word, broken sticks as well.

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

On a positive note, Kreider played one heck of a game. Kid was everywhere!

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Honestly, I think Cally has been far FAR worse than Gaborik.

Gabs doesn't really fit our system and its not his fault. He was brought in before Torts came in and created our Team identity.

Gabs isn't a forechecker, he isn't a great defensive player. But I think he has tried really hard to force himself into our team philosophy. But it will always be a square peg in a round hole. Granted some nights he can be lazy, but its not every night.

However Cally is EXACTLY what this team is all about and has been invisible. He makes terrible decisions with the puck. He has been lingering on the perimeter, not getting involved on the forecheck(or being WAY too indecisive to do so). When he does forecheck he has been losing most of the board battles.

He might be hurt, but I think the spotlight needs to be on him than Gabs atm.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:19 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I'm gonna let off a rant here but I'm sick of Gaborik. Explain to me why a guy who has 3 goals in 21 playoff games with us if I'm correct should not be benched? He can be such a ***** at times, he's always afraid to take a hit to make a play, he shies away from any physical contact, and if he isn't scoring he's useless. I'm tired of his lazy efforts on the boards because he's a wimp. And for the record Anisimov got the extra ice time when he was benched not the "grinders". A message needed to be sent and I agree with the benching. Look I'm not advocating a team full of grinders, I just want Gaborik to grow a pair and play better
Amen

Old
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Did not see that coming whatsoever.
About as predictable as a Michael Bay movie.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Sorry, but Callahan has been horrible. And he's not doing everything but scoring. He's making rushed passes, and flat out killing offensive oppurtunities. Playing with one hand shouldn't prevent you from looking before you pass.
Didn't see your post but I just said the same thing, however, he has been doing everything. Every Ranger is making rushed passes. Name me one player who's been better in our own zone beside him

Old
05-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
People are placing some blame on Bickel for the game winning goal not because he blew his coverage, but because he failed to clear the puck right before that. He had the opportunity to pass the puck to an open Ranger, can't remember who it was, but he was totally unaware of where his teammates were and just shot the puck around the boards to a Devil.
Bickel is terrible, but that play was par the course. All our Dmen do it.

Old
bouds

Everyone seems to forget that Gaborik was close to a goal until Brodeur made a ridiculous save.

Wasn't shot hard, but he had to lift it over Marty, too bad he flipped the pads up and got enough of it.

Old
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post

Gabs doesn't really fit our system and its not his fault. He was brought in before Torts came in and created our Team identity.

Gabs isn't a forechecker, he isn't a great defensive player. But I think he has tried really hard to force himself into our team philosophy. But it will always be a square peg in a round hole. Granted some nights he can be lazy, but its not every night.

However Cally is EXACTLY what this team is all about and has been invisible. He makes terrible decisions with the puck. He has been lingering on the perimeter, not getting involved on the forecheck(or being WAY too indecisive to do so). When he does forecheck he has been losing most of the board battles.

Nope. Can't be. Gabby job is to score big goals. Cally is the captain and brought to be a gritty shot blocker and opportunistic goal scorer.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
Didn't see your post but I just said the same thing, however, he has been doing everything. Every Ranger is making rushed passes. Name me one player who's been better in our own zone beside him
I expect a little more offense from a guy who would've scored 30 if he hadn't missed some time. As Blueshirt Believer said, he's exactly the type of player this team is built around. He should be flying in a system like this. And while from a numbers standpoint, Gaborik has been more dissappointing, he would never be quite as effective in our system.

You said player, not forward, so I'll go with Staal

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Nope. Can't be. Gabby job is to score big goals. Cally is the captain and brought to be a gritty shot blocker and opportunistic goal scorer.
Cally is also supposed to be an outstanding forechecker. He has been pretty awful at that lately.

Old
varanger94

Quote:
Amen again. this guy plays with his heart on his sleeve. I can't say that about Gaborik.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:23 PM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
AMEN to THAT!!! Gosh I can't stand Gaborik. He's pretty useless out there. He kills the top line most of the time too. Always makes soft plays on the puck.....while letting Hagelin skate and do the dirty work. He really svcks *rse right not......

Old
05-16-2012, 10:23 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Why on earth are people crying over Boyle??? What the hell did he do to cost us games in this playoffs that everybody hates him so much? Maybe Torts plays him because he is the only one that freakin battles out there?? Who else can we play other than Kreider, Stepan and Richards that are not named Gaborik or Hagelin, Fedotenko? Prust? Mitchell? Someone tell me who you would play over Boyle not named Hagelin, Kreider, Gaborik, Hagelin, Stepan and Richards, please tell me and don't say Callahan because he sucks in this playoffs so far. Stop the damn crying about Boyle, Maybe if our top 6 guys produced he wouldn't have to try sending Boyle out there all the time, holy **** complain about the lack of scoring and not being able to clear the puck, not about Boyle playing more minutes than our top 6 guys, it isn't like were missing out on any scoring chances. Top 6 needs to grow some balls and come out and score 4-5 one of these games to show were no offensive pushovers and we CAN score 4-5 on any given night, enough ******* bellyaching. We could have played Kreider, Stepan and Callahan for 60 minutes and that STILL wouldn't have changed the fact that we couldn't clear the zone.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:24 PM
fscuttle

Send a message via AIM to fscuttle
Quote:
Yea Gabby is here to score goals! He can't be expected to take a hit to clear the puck or go down and attempt to block the shot after he coughs up the puck. He's a ninja remember? lol

Old
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I expect a little more offense from a guy who would've scored 30 if he hadn't missed some time. As Blueshirt Believer said, he's exactly the type of player this team is built around. He should be flying in a system like this. And while from a numbers standpoint, Gaborik has been more dissappointing, he would never be quite as effective in our system.

You said player, not forward, so I'll go with Staal

Quote:
Cally is also supposed to be an outstanding forechecker. He has been pretty awful at that lately.
EVERYONE has. You can't hold one person accountable, regardless of his role, if everyone is having the same problem.

Old
McRanger

Torts needs to adjust the breakout and the teams clearing tactics. The devils stopped the puck along the board two dozen times tonight and before every goal. Use the middle of the ice if it's wide open. Or flip the puck to center.

Probably the second most frustrating thing after the fanning or the dropping/breaking of sticks.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:25 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:

rewind to game one against the sens, take away cally then take away gabby and see which team gets further...not even close cally contributes more than gabby does, not even close.

Old
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouds View Post
Everyone seems to forget that Gaborik was close to a goal until Brodeur made a ridiculous save.

Wasn't shot hard, but he had to lift it over Marty, too bad he flipped the pads up and got enough of it.
I don't give a crap anymore about 2 seconds in a game. This is a 60 minute game

Old
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
PREACHHHHH!!! One of the greatest posts ive ever seen in a GDT. 100% agree.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Gaborik 3OT goal incoming...

Old
05-16-2012, 10:26 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by fscuttle View Post
Yea Gabby is here to score goals! He can't be expected to take a hit to clear the puck or go down and attempt to block the shot after he coughs up the puck. He's a ninja remember? lol
And then he doesn't belong on this team.

Closed Thread