HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF Devils @ Rangers Game 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Trident61494

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
Was Forsberg this way?
Foppa is a huge exception to the rule. New age players from Europe and Russia versus Canadian and US have to completely different styles of play.

add: Jagr still plays this way

Old
05-16-2012, 10:38 PM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
How about a 21 year old rookie with no prior games played has more goals than a 40 goal seasoned vet?
and isn't afraid to be "touched" by an opposing Jersey

Old
fscuttle

Send a message via AIM to fscuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Possibly, but I don't think its enough to explain his complete lack of forechecking ability. I mean it can't be much of excuse compared to the punishment guys like McD and Girardi are taking.
He blocks a lot of shots. If was hurting they wouldn't mention it.

Old
Jax1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
At this point he has to, Bickel has looked like an AHL caliber defenseman and our top 5 are starting to get run down. Eminger was excellent before getting hurt so I would put him in especially since he is quite physical and Erixon justhas not filled out to compete at this level just yet. Bickel hurts this team more than helps it.
Yes...really.

1) WHY won't Torts play Emminger? He is healthy, and better than Bickel....play him! Even if it means dressing 7 D.

2) So how exactly did we blow a 2-1 lead...just bad breaks on the shots?

Old
05-16-2012, 10:39 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Hossa at least dominates in possession/defensive play when he isn't scoring.

The only comparison is that they're both fast and from Slovakia.
Yes......

Hossa is many times the player our little girl Gabby is.......it's not even close

Old
05-16-2012, 10:40 PM
fscuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilllempire View Post
actually....Forsberg was the only Euro that played with that "Snarl', "Grit", "Edge", "Character"....or whatever you wan't to call it. Wish we could buy some of that for our Euro guy

Then again......Forsberg was Swedish (Scandanavian) so he doesn't even count...
Tikkanen comes to mind also. He was a gritty European and he could turn his game up 5 notches for the playoffs.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post
I was just talking to my brother about this -- Hossa fits this Rangers' squad style so much better than Gaborik does. While I wouldn't advocate signing him for that ridiculous 12 year contract...he'd be an ideal winger on this team. Versatile too, plays the left and right both quite well.

All Euros?! Ovechkin? Hossa? Kovalchuk? Franzen? Forsberg? Jagr? Holmstrom? Vanek? Sundin? Kopitar?

Ovi and Jagr like being hit? What games have you been watching over the past 10 years?

Edit: Ovi moreso...but there are a TON...(i'll edit and man up)... of Euros who don't even com close to the same style that NA plays, especially the Canadian style

Old
05-16-2012, 10:42 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
Yes...really.

1) WHY won't Torts play Emminger? He is healthy, and better than Bickel....play him! Even if it means dressing 7 D.

2) So how exactly did we blow a 2-1 lead...just bad breaks on the shots?
i've been calling for Emminger 4ever. Not saying he's going to change the game.....but he won't make these bonehead mistakes over nad over again

we lost this because we had defensive inept players not make plays at opportune times for the Devils, and they capitalized

Old
05-16-2012, 10:43 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
Ovi and Jagr like being hit? What games have you been watching over the past 10 years?
well...he got most of those Euro players right. Most of the ones mentioned can take a hit, and giveth (not Jaromir though)

Old
05-16-2012, 10:43 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Not sure why this has become a Cally vs. Gabby thing, and honestly, it's starting to look like a "North American vs. Euro" type argument. Neither of them are above criticism and both have been inconsistent in the playoffs. Both have room for improvement, IMO.
Having blocked about 1000 shots this year and Gabby the goal scorer blocking about 5, you can see how maybe Cally might be off his game a little. Because it's about time Torts makes an adjustment and rolls four lines, maybe we can rebound and break this stat that no team that went 2, 7 game series to start the playoffs, has won a cup.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:45 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Foppa is a huge exception to the rule. New age players from Europe and Russia versus Canadian and US have to completely different styles of play.

add: Jagr still plays this way
The post before you just said they ALL play a "Dont touch me style".

I am not trying to argue mate i just dont think you can paint a continent of Hockey players in this way. I am not doubting there is a difference in styles between North American and Euro but it doesn't mean players are soft because of it.

I have to say with regards to Jagr. He used to take some amount of punishment because he was the biggest danger on the ice for an opposition team and to me it doesn't make him soft just because he doesn't hit everything that moves IE: Callahan.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:46 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fscuttle View Post
Tikkanen comes to mind also. He was a gritty European and he could turn his game up 5 notches for the playoffs.
yea....but he was Scandanavian too (Finnish). Scanners can play a more rugged 2-way game. Real Euros don't for the most part....LOL I think of Nedved and Gabby in the same mold. Lots of "Skill"...but softer than Fro-Yo

Old
05-16-2012, 10:46 PM
fscuttle

Ok we all got everything off our chests now lets focus on game 3. I hope Gaborik gets a hat-trick. GO RANGERS!!!!

Old
05-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
The post before you just said they ALL play a "Dont touch me style".

I am not trying to argue mate i just dont think you can paint a continent of Hockey players in this way. I am not doubting there is a difference in styles between North American and Euro but it doesn't mean players are soft because of it.

I have to say with regards to Jagr. He used to take some amount of punishment because he was the biggest danger on the ice for an opposition team and to me it doesn't make him soft just because he doesn't hit everything that moves IE: Callahan.
Agree to disagree...i shouldn't have said all...that was a overstatement cause I was caught up in the moment. Let's say 80% of them play a less physical type game..

Old
05-16-2012, 10:48 PM
fscuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilllempire View Post
yea....but he was Scandanavian too (Finnish). Scanners can play a more rugged 2-way game. Real Euros don't for the most part....LOL I think of Nedved and Gabby in the same mold. Lots of "Skill"...but softer than Fro-Yo
But i remember Nedved being a threat offensively.When he got the puck it was exciting. Gaborik is just......blah

Old
05-16-2012, 10:49 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
With respect... All Euro's play with the same form of the "don't touch me style"

ALL OF THEM
That's fairly ignorant and stereotypical. Otherwise, completely false.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
05-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
That's fairly ignorant and stereotypical. Otherwise, completely false.
Z...can't be completely false if several of them play that way...

but i really don't wanna turn this into a argument about the two obvious style of European vs. NA play

Old
05-16-2012, 10:51 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
what i dont understand is the total lack of urgency for the rest of the third period? you have over 18m of time to tie it up. you're only down 1 friggin goal, where is the urgency to score?

This passive approach when we're down in the third is just baffling to me. We wanted to win this game easy, with little effort. The rangers weren't willing to do what it takes to win this game. They played content to tie the series. It showed in every aspect of their game, and i just don't get it.
Exactly my point about this team. I saw the exact same thing in game 6 against the Caps.

There's definitely something to it because it's been happening a lot in these playoffs.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:52 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Ok we all got everything off our chests now lets focus on game 3. I hope Gaborik gets a hat-trick. GO RANGERS!!!!
Yea, I do too. I'd also like to see him pound someone into the boards just once and show one time, when he doesn't loose the puck on the boards during a Power Play. I think he weighs more than Callahan.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:53 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:

but i really don't wanna turn this into a argument about the two obvious style of European vs. NA play
You said "all". So, yes, it is completely false. Hardly half of the European players in this league play "sacred", if it's even half.

Old
fscuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Exactly my point about this team. I saw the exact same thing in game 6 against the Caps.

There's definitely something to it because it's been happening a lot in these playoffs.
Game 6 against the Caps i got the feeling that they had already decided they were going to save their best effort for game 7.

Old
Trident61494

Quote:

and for the record, I'm not trying to prove a point or be a DB...but there are document players from Europe who play a similar style...sterotypes makes me sound like I lump all those people into the same grouping...which despite my words...wasn't my intention

Old
evilllempire*

Quote:
Hossa is one of the best two way forwards in the game and plays nothing like Gabby.
i would trade Gabby for Hossa......Marcel that is at this point

Old
05-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
It's extremely concerning that this team can only perform with their backs against the wall. You're in prime position to take a 2-0 series lead you get ****ing complacent? Are you kidding me?

Killer instinct, urgency, an edge have been discussed here ad naseum but God do we ever need it.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:55 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Game 6 against the Caps i got the feeling that they had already decided they were going to save their best effort for game 7.
And it cost them some rest.

Great mentality right there.

Closed Thread