HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECF Devils @ Rangers Game 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Trident61494

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilllempire View Post
i would trade Gabby for Hossa......Marcel that is at this point
Met him when he first came to the Rangers and I called him Marian...he game me such an evil eye

Old
05-16-2012, 10:56 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Exactly my point about this team. I saw the exact same thing in game 6 against the Caps.

There's definitely something to it because it's been happening a lot in these playoffs.
They get a little too complacent sometimes and won't play their best unless their backs against the wall.

The same thing happens during games sometime too... they don't show up for the 1st period, but they play their best hockey in the 3rd period when it's late in the game.

Although they've managed to get by playing like this, I'd have to think that the "heart attack" method leads to more fatigue in the long run.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:58 PM
fscuttle

Send a message via AIM to fscuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
Met him when he first came to the Rangers and I called him Marian...he game me such an evil eye
LOL you had nothing to worry about thats for sure.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
You said "all". So, yes, it is completely false. Hardly half of the European players in this league play "sacred", if it's even half.
Semantics. I shouldn't have said all...

Old
05-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by fscuttle View Post
LOL you had nothing to worry about thats for sure.
It was at Bryant Park when they all came to the new outdoor rink...he gave me the stink eye and skated away...i realized what I did 5 minutes after I had said "Thanks Marian!"

Old
05-16-2012, 11:03 PM
fscuttle

Send a message via AIM to fscuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
They get a little too complacent sometimes and won't play their best unless their backs against the wall.

The same thing happens during games sometime too... they don't show up for the 1st period, but they play their best hockey in the 3rd period when it's late in the game.

Although they've managed to get by playing like this, I'd have to think that the "heart attack" method leads to more fatigue in the long run.
Also sooner or later when your back is to the wall and you play your best the breaks don't go your way and then you're in trouble. It almost happened against Ottawa.

Old
05-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Fred Murtz

Penalty box door calamity, Benny Hill cut.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Well.

That sucked.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:45 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Callahan has got to be more of a factor.

Gaborik needs to man up. He has no passion.

Everyone else busted their ass. But if two of your top guys don't show up its going to be difficult.

Gaborik HAS TO be a difference maker. There's no excuse for his disinterest.

Bickel, i love the guy, but he needs to come out of the lineup. Eminger should play. Can't kill our defensemen this way.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:47 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Callahan has got to be more of a factor.

Gaborik needs to man up. He has no passion.

Everyone else busted their ass. But if two of your top guys don't show up its going to be difficult.

Gaborik HAS TO be a difference maker. There's no excuse for his disinterest.

Bickel, i love the guy, but he needs to come out of the lineup. Eminger should play. Can't kill our defensemen this way.
I'm really thinking Cally is injured. There was a play I talked about on the main board where he came out in front and could have made a great pass through the crease but instead threw out a weak one hander that was stopped. I think the hand is bothering him.

05-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Oyabun

I feel an identity crisis coming on. My mama always reassured me that I was a real Euro....and now I find out it was all lies.

Not a great game earlier this evening. The Rangers lacked that real killer instinct. I'm not worried though, a playoff series can't be all smooth sailing. They also had a shot or two hit the post so it's a thin line between success and disaster.

Old
05-17-2012, 02:16 AM
DontStaal

I think the Devils are a very beatable team.
Many of you would agree that we haven't played our best hockey in this series.
A lot of our guys minus Kreider and McD MDZ Staal have been nonexistant.

Hopefully it's a matter of time before our offense awakens and really pounds it on the Devils.

I love the kid Kreider, but if he is our best player, we are doing something wrong. Other guys have to step up. Gaborik, Richards (quiet so far), Boyle, Anisimov, Prust, Rupp along with the others. Offensively that is.

We could really use that cushion to sufficate teams.

Old
05-17-2012, 03:07 AM
LordsCup*

To be fair, Gabby does look interested out there most of the time, he is gripping his stick way to hard though.

He needs confidence, and he needs it fast. If he gets a goal next game, hopefully that will wake him up.

Old
05-17-2012, 03:10 AM
LordsCup*

And the lose tonight sucked. ALL three goals were mistakes! We gave them 3 goals.

First goal: Boyle cant get it out, then takes a penalty. Then poor coverage on the PK leaves Kovy wide open, goal.
Second goal: Gabby and company don't make the simple play to get it out, Devs keep it, bang goal.
Third goal: AGAIN, team can't get the puck out, i can't remember who was on the ice anymore but I remember cringing cause they didnt make the simple play to get it out, bang, goal again.

Plain and simple, we gave the Devils the win.

The only alarming thing is we did not score an ES goal and only have 1 vs them in the 2 games, im not count the EN goal either.

Old
05-17-2012, 05:30 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
If Callahan is injured, he has no business playing 26 mins a game in regulation.
Agree 100%. This is the playoffs, they are warriors blah blah.

The problem is Callahan is still playing because they have no one to replace him. Even an injured Callahan is still the most physical player and best PKer this team has.

I'm glad I went to bed after that third goal, that game had loss written all over after the second goal they scored. After the first two game twos, you had to see that comming and I have too much **** to do today to be a zombie because I decided to stay up and witness Abortion On Ice, part 3.

Kreider is going to be awesome. I have high hopes for this kid.

Torts continues to let his emotional and reactionary coaching style cost him games. Along with this team's inability to clear a puck or make the smart play and be patient. The blown coverage last night was so atrocious I forgot I was watching NHL hockey.

Without Lundvist this is a below average team lucky to battle for the 8th seed, he can't bail out their mistakes every night. As good as this defense is, their lapses in judgment prove costly time and time again. For every goal they save, they give one up on a just absolutely abysmal play.

I won't even comment on the offense, which they better address this offseason, win or lose.

I am predicting a game 3 loss and the board goes in to panic mode, but they come back to win 4 and 5, but only one convincingly. Then lose 6, and as for game 7, oh ****, my crystal ball just broke. Dammit!

05-17-2012, 05:38 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 50
0-6 when leading in the play offs...

Old
05-17-2012, 05:58 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
Incredible isn't it. That is beyond a cringe worthy stat.

Old
05-17-2012, 05:58 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
If this isn't concerning, then I don't know what is.

Closed Thread