HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Penguin movable players

Old
05-16-2012, 10:52 AM
dkollidas

vCash: 500
Can Kennedy play center? I believe he has in the past and I think he'd be a great 3rd line center. I would love Staal but I really think Pittsburgh will try hard to re-sign him and move other cap space (Martin/Michalek/Orpik/etc).

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Karnage420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkamania View Post
disagree completely. Vitale is a solid player at his price. he plays a tough gritty game with a touch of skill sprinkled in. For what he's paid he does more than enough to fill a 4C role. He only played 4 of the 7 playoff games and this was his first crack at post season play so i don't see how you can evaluate him as useless in the playoffs. he hasn't had the chance to show one way or the other. He may not have a ton of size but he plays bigger than he is IMO.
he is a perfect 4th liner no doubt. regular season 4c with a low cap hit. but hes not the greatest on the boards or on the forecheck. those are literally the only 2 qualities i care about in a fourth liner.

Karnage420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Can Kennedy play center? I believe he has in the past and I think he'd be a great 3rd line center. I would love Staal but I really think Pittsburgh will try hard to re-sign him and move other cap space (Martin/Michalek/Orpik/etc).
Deciding on whether to keep Staal or not isn't a cap space issue (although if we're paying him 5m+ he can't be on the 3rd line). It's whether he wants to stay as the 3rd C with the Pens, or go somewhere else (Carolina/Toronto/etc) where he can be the #1 or #2 center.

Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:30 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Kennedy's pretty much exclusively played wing during his time in the NHL.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
we just can't give that team a free pass every year...we need to get better and kick somebodys ass, just to show that we don't accept that kind of outcome year in year out.

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
I know Niskanen has really picked up his value for Pittsburgh but in the off chance they opt to move him. What would you want from Vancouver? If we deal Luongo, well we could use pieces from that trade. Otherwise, Kennedy interests me.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:50 AM
dannyj10

Say we trade Staal to Toronto. Do a deal like Staal+Martin+Tangradi for Schenn+Kulemin+5thovr. Thats a deal id love for Ray to pull

dannyj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I know Niskanen has really picked up his value for Pittsburgh but in the off chance they opt to move him. What would you want from Vancouver? If we deal Luongo, well we could use pieces from that trade. Otherwise, Kennedy interests me.
2nd round pick or a decent forward prospect for Niskanen if they move him. Probably a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Kennedy. I guess Raymond's RFA rights may be of interest to the Pens. Although he doesn't strike me as a Shero/Bylsma type of player.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:33 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

I'd give you a lot for Chris Kunitz... And I'd give you something for Tyler Kennedy.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:59 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

I am surprised Paul Martin isn't on that list.

I don't think he is a bad defenseman, just is a bit expendable in Pittsburgh. In fact I was hoping the Lightning could get him on the cheap because I think he would fit very well in Tampa's system.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:06 PM
SEALBound

This thread...wowzas...

What motivation would the Penguins have to move Kunitz?

The forwards I see available are:

Staal
Kennedy
Cooke
Adams
Jeffery
Tangradi

Defense:
Martin
Michalek (iffy)
Orpik (iffy, only for the right deal)
Lovejoy

Prospects:
Anyone not named:
Morrow
Despres
Harrington
Bennett

Would love:
Kennedy + Picks/Prosps to STL for Stewart
Martin+Staal to MIN for Setoguchi+1st+Clutterbuck
Resign Niskanen

Run:

Stewart-Crosby-Setoguchi
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Dupuis-Clutterbuck
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams

Letang-Orpik
Niskanen-Michalek
Despres-Engo

MAF
Backup

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieuxfan View Post
edit: Cooke+ a nice prospect might get us ryder, that should be considered, if dallas would do that.
nope

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:30 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post

I don't think he is a bad defenseman, just is a bit expendable in Pittsburgh. In fact I was hoping the Lightning could get him on the cheap because I think he would fit very well in Tampa's system.
Don't give up on that hope, pretty sure you could.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
Quote:

I don't want to sell low/buy high, that's all, and that is why I think that Kunitz should be avalible

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
I don't want to sell low/buy high, that's all, and that is why I think that Kunitz should be avalible
If we don't change our system to a defensive one (like what they played last year with Malkin/Crosby out), Martin will continue to fail, and his stock will never improve.

There's time when you go "I made a mistake" and attempt to correct it and move on. Keeping Martin without changing the system is pure stubbornness that they can change him, or that he'll be better in a new system. A smart GM can figure out the difference and move on.

So fine we sell low. Tampa gets a steal as they only pay a early 2nd for him (or some other asset that we wouldn't mind). They get a guy who goes back to playing as a top 3 D. We get an asset and replace Martin with someone who'll be more effective in our system. So sure we're selling low, but it's a win win as we would have a better chance to succeed.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I'd give you a lot for Chris Kunitz... And I'd give you something for Tyler Kennedy.
He isn't going anywhere, he certainly isn't going to Washington.

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:46 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
If we don't change our system to a defensive one (like what they played last year with Malkin/Crosby out), Martin will continue to fail, and his stock will never improve.

There's time when you go "I made a mistake" and attempt to correct it and move on. Keeping Martin without changing the system is pure stubbornness that they can change him, or that he'll be better in a new system. A smart GM can figure out the difference and move on.

So fine we sell low. Tampa gets a steal as they only pay a early 2nd for him (or some other asset that we wouldn't mind). They get a guy who goes back to playing as a top 3 D. We get an asset and replace Martin with someone who'll be more effective in our system. So sure we're selling low, but it's a win win as we would have a better chance to succeed.
TB gets a steal by giving up a 2nd for an overpaid underperforming dman??

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:53 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
TBH, I would be pretty happy with Martin for a 2nd. I know he hasn't lived up to expectations in Pitt, but I think he would fit much better in Tampa's system. The cap hit is about a mil higher than I like though, but it's not a deal breaker.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
I think a 2nd for Martin would end up looking like a great deal for Tampa.
Have said it numerous times, but I think in Martin there's an opportunity for a team to pick up a really good dman on the cheap who just simply isn't in the right system.

Last edited by Morozov: 05-16-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:07 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
we did not succed with them in the last 3 years, so we need a shakeup!

we need to take a look at UFA's such as Hudler, Jagr, Doan, Semin, Jokinen, Parenteau, Parise or Whitney. We need to go into another direction.

If it was up on me, I would make a huge offer for Semin and Parenteau. Give one of those a chance to play with Malkin. I want to get somebody who has some hands at some point. Kunitz has played a really good season, he has value now. We could really benefit from a trade there.
Are you F-ing kidding me?!?!? ughhhhhh

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:09 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Pretty happy you aren't running the team.
THIS times a bagillionnnn... all of his posts in here would make a lot more sense if this account was actually Mike Millbury...

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:10 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Philly picked up Meszaros for a 2nd and it worked out well for Philly.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:48 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
TBH, I would be pretty happy with Martin for a 2nd. I know he hasn't lived up to expectations in Pitt, but I think he would fit much better in Tampa's system. The cap hit is about a mil higher than I like though, but it's not a deal breaker.
I wouldn't mind if it was Philly's 2nd, I'd also like to throw MAB in to make his cap hit a little less and Pitt throws back a 6th.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:13 AM
PensRedwings2887

Quote:
then you got me absolutley wrong!!

I want to strengthen the top 6. You have to give to get. Kunitz has some value, that's sure. When I wrote the pick stuff, it was only to show what I think there players are worth, but we need players at this point, or we need to do some kind of 3-way trade!

OR we sign a UFA and trade Kunitz/Cooke and/or Kennedy to make room.

Id love for the Pens to trade P.Martin, T.Kennedy, B.Lovejoy, and M.Niskanen's rights. I honestly believe Strait, Bortuzzo, and Depres can handle the load next season, but I wouldnt be surprised if one of em gets moved

PensRedwings2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensRedwings2887 View Post
Id love for the Pens to trade P.Martin, T.Kennedy, B.Lovejoy, and M.Niskanen's rights. I honestly believe Strait, Bortuzzo, and Depres can handle the load next season, but I wouldnt be surprised if one of em gets moved
The way to a cup isn't inserting 3 rookies into the lineup. While Martin and Lovejoy have sucked it up, Niskanen has played very well, and there's no reason to move him unless we're getting something decent back, or we need to open up room on the blueline (hopefully for a UFA).