HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Penguin movable players

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2012, 01:56 AM
  #51
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,248
vCash: 500
I really wouldn't call them movable players. Because they're not on the trade block but could be had for the right offer.

I would say these players aren't untouchable, but they will only be traded for the right deal.

We don't really need to make any changes, the team just flopped in the playoffs, the way they played in the playoffs isn't the way they played when Crosby came back in March. Winning games 5-2. Fleury playing great, Pens playing good defense, they just stopped playing like that going into the playoffs and continued playing the same in the playoffs. It's not lack of skill or personnel, it was a lack of playing the game they should be playing.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:07 AM
  #52
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
I would love to get Niskanen in Vancouver for Raymond + 2nd. Would be willing to add a B level prospect too.

Where does he fit on a healthy Pittsburgh defense? Behind Letang and Michalek on the right, ahead of Michalek, or on his off side?

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:19 AM
  #53
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
We don't really need to make any changes, the team just flopped in the playoffs, the way they played in the playoffs isn't the way they played when Crosby came back in March. Winning games 5-2. Fleury playing great, Pens playing good defense, they just stopped playing like that going into the playoffs and continued playing the same in the playoffs. It's not lack of skill or personnel, it was a lack of playing the game they should be playing.
I guess we watched different games. While Sid was out, they played reasonably well defensively. When he came back, it went to a much more wide open style.

The difference between those last 3 weeks and the playoffs was that A MAF wasn't as good (not that it was all his fault), and B that when Philly was able to watch tape and pick us apart. Our PK that was top 5 in the league was what... 60%?

I'd be content with the same team next year other than Martin. I think we can make some changes to be better... but it wouldn't be the end of the world having the same team back.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:41 AM
  #54
PensRedwings2887
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
The way to a cup isn't inserting 3 rookies into the lineup. While Martin and Lovejoy have sucked it up, Niskanen has played very well, and there's no reason to move him unless we're getting something decent back, or we need to open up room on the blueline (hopefully for a UFA).

I do agree w/ your opinion, however, would you considering keeping Depres in the minors for one more season to where he can get more icetime?

PensRedwings2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:38 AM
  #55
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I guess we watched different games. While Sid was out, they played reasonably well defensively. When he came back, it went to a much more wide open style.

The difference between those last 3 weeks and the playoffs was that A MAF wasn't as good (not that it was all his fault), and B that when Philly was able to watch tape and pick us apart. Our PK that was top 5 in the league was what... 60%?

I'd be content with the same team next year other than Martin. I think we can make some changes to be better... but it wouldn't be the end of the world having the same team back.
At first when Crosby came back we played well defensively. We were winning games 5-2 and 5-1, Fleury was playing great and the defense was decent. When we lost to Ottawa 8-4 (with Thiessen), got swept by the Isles in the home and home series and lost to Philly what, 6-3, 6-4 on April 1?

Pens just quit playing to their abilities, this team is capable of solid defense and goaltending they just didn't.

But I do agree that we need to trade Martin, rest of the team is fine with a few minor changes. Shero already said he has free agents he already knows that he won't re-sign (I'm assuming Asham).

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:09 AM
  #56
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 11,331
vCash: 500
Vitale is dirt cheap and the prototypical 4th liner, why would Shero move him? There is absolutely no need to move a guy that is dirt cheap and does a good job in an agitator's role.

Kunitz, why? He's been a solid point producer when healthy and now he's shown he can play with Malkin as well, maybe even better than he could with Sid. He's also a proven winner, leader and a physical winger. Things the Penguins need around their main core, hell...Kunitz is a part of the main core at this point. The guy took less to stay with the Pens, if he hit the open market, he would be getting around 4m+.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:33 PM
  #57
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Shero already said he has free agents he already knows that he won't re-sign (I'm assuming Asham).
UFAs:
Sully
Asham
MacIntyre
Park (I liked him as a 4th liner)
Williams

I could see Asham not coming back, but I would think it would depend on his salary demands. I don't know if there's a better 4th liner out there. He has a hard shot, hits, fights, can skate and isn't a liability on the ice.

Same with Sully. I liked him at times, and there were other times I could just as easily see him going. I'd probably look at free agents and see what's out there before re-signing him.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:14 PM
  #58
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
UFAs:
Sully
Asham
MacIntyre
Park (I liked him as a 4th liner)
Williams

I could see Asham not coming back, but I would think it would depend on his salary demands. I don't know if there's a better 4th liner out there. He has a hard shot, hits, fights, can skate and isn't a liability on the ice.

Same with Sully. I liked him at times, and there were other times I could just as easily see him going. I'd probably look at free agents and see what's out there before re-signing him.
I think Asham would want around the same amount of money he's been making. in the $700,000's on a 1 year deal. I want Asham brought back, Steve Sullivan also, offense wasn't this year's problem, it was defense and goaltending which like I said can play way better than they did going into the playoffs and in the playoffs.

Sullivan-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Asham-Vitale-Adams
Jeffrey/Park

Keep Park for depth, unless Dustin Jeffrey wants to be the extra forward (rumor has it he wanted traded for more ice time)

I'd say re-sign MacIntyre, maybe a dumb idea since the NHL isn't an enforcer league anymore. But with the Islanders incident in 2011 and the Flyers brawl last month, we need a guy like that who can be called up and make sure no **** starts. When MacIntyre played, nothing happened.

Williams would probably want to go to another team for a chance to make the NHL, but if he wants to stay, keep him, he was decent in WBS, he's a good depth forward, he can be a leader for the young guys in Wilkes-Barre.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:32 PM
  #59
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
I would love to get Niskanen in Vancouver for Raymond + 2nd. Would be willing to add a B level prospect too.

Where does he fit on a healthy Pittsburgh defense? Behind Letang and Michalek on the right, ahead of Michalek, or on his off side?
Niskanen is right-handed and can play either side. He played on the left a lot last season because we had too many righties. He's usually the #5 D-Man and can step into a top 4 role on either side when injuries hit. He played a lot in the top 4 last season because of all the injuries and there wasn't a noticeable drop off in his performance when he did play there. He was pretty much the same guy.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:29 PM
  #60
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Steve Sullivan also, offense wasn't this year's problem, it was defense and goaltending

Sullivan-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Asham-Vitale-Adams
Jeffrey/Park
I think Sully's fate depends on what happens with Staal, and whether he's traded or moved to the top 6. If he's traded, then what comes back? If he's moved to the top 6, then how do you fill out that line? Sully was a decent player but he's not getting any younger, and that 1.5m add's up depending on what other moves are done.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:35 PM
  #61
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,457
vCash: 500
Dustin Jeffrey for a 4th in 2013 from the Leafs.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:47 PM
  #62
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
Dustin Jeffrey for a 4th in 2013 from the Leafs.
don't you have a 2012 one?

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:59 PM
  #63
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
don't you have a 2012 one?
No we don't have a 3rd and a 4th in 2012.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:09 PM
  #64
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
I would love to get Niskanen in Vancouver for Raymond + 2nd. Would be willing to add a B level prospect too.

Where does he fit on a healthy Pittsburgh defense? Behind Letang and Michalek on the right, ahead of Michalek, or on his off side?
I'd want to use that second for Kennedy actually, if we can't get Pahlsson back at a reasonable rate. Raymond+1st for Nisakanen and Kennedy? If it's win now, we don't have a heck of alot to offer in terms of bottom six, ready to play players, and even fewer top six players. Weise? Volpatti?...Manny?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:26 PM
  #65
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,929
vCash: 500
Kennedy is a RWer so not sure if that effects your thinking.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 05:38 PM
  #66
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Raymond+1st for Nisakanen and Kennedy?
I'd do that.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 05:47 PM
  #67
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I'd want to use that second for Kennedy actually, if we can't get Pahlsson back at a reasonable rate. Raymond+1st for Nisakanen and Kennedy? If it's win now, we don't have a heck of alot to offer in terms of bottom six, ready to play players, and even fewer top six players. Weise? Volpatti?...Manny?
Why do you want Kennedy? Hansen and Kassian seem to be locks in the bottom 6. Don't see why we would give up assets for another bottom 6 RW.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:14 PM
  #68
mgd525
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
Here's a list of players I could accept beeing traded:

Park, Asham and Sullivan will become UFA, so I took them out.

F:
Kunitz; 61P, +16
Cooke 38P, +5
Jeffrey 6, -4 (played only 26 games)
Kennedy 33P, +10 (60 GP)
Vitale 14, -5 (68GP)
Adams 18, -6

D:
Lovejoy 5, +3 (34GP)

Question: would you like to aquire one of those or more and what would you give up?

Team needs: young forwards, a young backup or prospects (forward/GK)

Team strength: huge deept Center and at the blueline (with missing star power, outside of Letang), so you could also ask for everybody on the blueline, outside of Letang.

Goals of the trade: get stuff we can send packing for a top guy (kind of 3 way trade), or players we can develop, who are promising or just to cut sallary. I also want to make sure that we can give our young guys a fair chance (e.g Tangradi)

My thoughts:
what I think the players are worth:

Kunitz for a 1rst and 3rd (to much)?
Kennedy for a 2nd+3rd
Cooke for a 3rd+5th
Vitale for a 4th
Adams for a 5th
Jeffrey for a 4th (sry, we won't get more I guess)
Lovejoy (D) for a 7th

who they might fatch:
Considering that just the first 3 of them have value, I won't even try to make proposals for the bottom 4.

My trade wishes:
Kennedy for the rights of Sutter
Michalek and Kennedy for a top winger
Cooke and Despres for a top young forward prospect
Cooke for a backup
Kunitz and Despres for a top winger


Please make offers based on my trade wishes!!!

edit: if somebody would offer 2x 2nd rounders (or the value of that) I would think about giving up Dupuis..but I think that we should not trade him.


edit:
As somebody got that wrong, no I don't want to sell the team for picks, I want to win now and upgrade. When i write what I expect as kind of value-return(the pick stuff) that's just about the value, like i said we need players comming back or do a 3 way trade.


Thank god you have nothing to do with the front office.

Depending on who is interested in the Pens i might do the Kennedy deal. Adams has no value and was a great 4th liner for us but his time has passed imo.

If a team would give us anything for Lovejoy that would be great.

Cooke,Kunitz,Vitale....gtfo. All 3 do a good to very good job for their price tag.

mgd525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:48 AM
  #69
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Why do you want Kennedy? Hansen and Kassian seem to be locks in the bottom 6. Don't see why we would give up assets for another bottom 6 RW.
Increasing your deal marginally, we get a replacement center that has a little more offense then Pahlsson, but can still take on shutdown duties with aplomb.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I'd do that.
Awesome. Well one from each fan base is in anyway.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:59 AM
  #70
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Increasing your deal marginally, we get a replacement center that has a little more offense then Pahlsson, but can still take on shutdown duties with aplomb.
Kennedy doesn't play center. The difference between a 1st and 2nd is much more significant than marginal, especially when its to add a redundant bottom 6 guy.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:12 AM
  #71
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve
 
Sidney the Kidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,753
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage420 View Post
no interest in vitale on this team.
wins faceoffs, isnt clutch, isnt a big body. pretty much useless in the playoffs.

if we are going to have success we need to rebuild our fourth line at some point. vitale isnt the best option. could be attractive with his low cap hit.
Vitale is the furthest thing from an issue on the 4th line. He wins draws, is aggressive on the forecheck, and is tenacious. He also chipped in a modest 14 points this year. You can't really ask for much more from your 4th line C.

Improvement on his wings, I agree with.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:42 AM
  #72
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Awesome. Well one from each fan base is in anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Kennedy doesn't play center. The difference between a 1st and 2nd is much more significant than marginal, especially when its to add a redundant bottom 6 guy.
Unfortunately, I agree with this guy. A 1st is an overpayment. I love Niskanen, and think that he's perfect for the Pens in a #4 role. Kennedy I could care less about. He's a great tweener, however I'd have no issues with him walking. I've never ever seen him play center, so I'm not sure how that would work for you guys.

If I'm Gillis, I could probably find other cheaper options. There's a bunch of centers that are UFAs in July. I'd be going after one them before spending a 1st on a 2nd pairing D and a tweener.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:17 AM
  #73
Mister Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Washington, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Kennedy doesn't play center. The difference between a 1st and 2nd is much more significant than marginal, especially when its to add a redundant bottom 6 guy.
Kennedy doesn't play center now, but he was drafted as a center and converted to wing.


Last edited by Mister Hockey: 05-18-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Mister Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.