HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Interestingly, Carter has only one more goal than Legwand, in one more game played, in these playoffs (4-3-7 in 11 versus 3-3-6 in 10). And Legwand scored more points per game on average during the regular season - 0.68 ppg as opposed to 0.62 for Carter.

That, and after Carter's "wahh wahh I no wanna be here" act up here I think Trotz would have beaten him to death within a few weeks.

Food for thought.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
05-16-2012, 11:28 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Challenge accepted:

Fisher and Legwand scored 104 points. The following tandems scored more:

Boston-Bergeron and Krejci-126
Colorado-Stastny and O'Reilly-108 btw, flavor of the onth Stastny had 53
Dallas-Benn and Riberio-116
Detroit-Zetterburg and datsyuk-131
LA-kopitar and Richards-120...Richards had only 44
New Jersey-Elias and Henrique-139
NYI-Tavares and Nielson-128
NYR-Richards and Stepan-117
Philliy-Giroux and Read-140
Pittsburgh-Malkin and Staal-159
SJ-Thornton and Pavelski-138
Tampa-Stamkos and Lecavlier-146
Vancouver-Sedin and Kesler-130

by my count that is 13 teams. We did tie with Carolina, but you said more points.

there are 30 teams, right? and 13 center tandems out produced our guys. 13/30 is what 43.33% I will give you that is halfway to your emotional uninformed opinion. But not close to 70% Sorry. Your opinion and made up stats are wrong.
just off the top of my head... no anaheim with getzlaf and koivu, buffalo with roy, washington had backstrom out some time, st louis isn't on there? id like to dig up what the average is for a teams top 2 centers.. I can't help but feel ours are incredibly weak. not horrible but I feel a first line center should be a priority. one of the hardest things to find outside of a defenseman like weber

Old
05-17-2012, 08:19 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
just off the top of my head... no anaheim with getzlaf and koivu, buffalo with roy, washington had backstrom out some time, st louis isn't on there? id like to dig up what the average is for a teams top 2 centers.. I can't help but feel ours are incredibly weak. not horrible but I feel a first line center should be a priority. one of the hardest things to find outside of a defenseman like weber
Getzlaf and Koivu had 98, Roy was the only legitimate center Buffalo had (nobody else took more than 400 face-offs), Backes and Berglund had 92 points.

A lot of that might depend on who has an up year or a down year or whatever else, but we did okay in terms of getting production for our top two centers. However, I will say that, if we can retain Radulov (if not Radulov and AK), center is where we should look first to improve the team.

Old
05-17-2012, 08:59 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Getzlaf and Koivu had 98, Roy was the only legitimate center Buffalo had (nobody else took more than 400 face-offs), Backes and Berglund had 92 points.

A lot of that might depend on who has an up year or a down year or whatever else, but we did okay in terms of getting production for our top two centers. However, I will say that, if we can retain Radulov (if not Radulov and AK), center is where we should look first to improve the team.
Thank you. I have them written down at home. Our centers were mid pack, not in the bottom 30% of the league. We are so balanced, it made it look like we had trash on our lines.

I guess my point is, top line center isn't at the top of the list as far as priorities go. We need to figure out what to do with our bottom pair if Suter stays, and if he goes, what are we doing our 2nd and 3rd pair. Then figure out what to do with radulov. More than likely, this is being done concurrently. After that, I would see if we could land another 50 center, or if he develops, we have that in Smith. This is not a bad team right here:

Sk-Fisher-Erat
Radulov-Legwand-Hornquist
Wilson-Smith-halischuck
Bourque-Spaling-Latta/Beck/Vet

Josi/Suter-Weber
Josi/FA-Klein
FA-Ellis

Rinne
Lindback

and you still have the UFA and Blum/Ekholm/Bartley in reserve
Radulov

Old
05-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Staal would be a good fit to me (pits)

Old
05-17-2012, 11:04 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I wouldn't mind this if he were willing to stay and sign up long term. Would Shero take a signed Radulov and a conditional pick for him? Or maybe a Wilson and a young D prospect for him.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:21 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Staal has one year left on his contract, and they would probably want Wilson or Smith. I don't know that the difference between what Staal brings and what Wilson and Smith can bring makes that a good trade for us. That said, I'm not sure I like Smith at center. He's a relentless forechecker and he clearly has some skills and can make things happen offensively. I think he can use those tools better on the flank than up the middle.

I wouldn't mind giving Latta a shot at making the roster as the #4 center. He's a solid all-around player with lots of jam, and we could use someone like that, especially if Tootoo walks.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:31 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Staal has one year left on his contract, and they would probably want Wilson or Smith. I don't know that the difference between what Staal brings and what Wilson and Smith can bring makes that a good trade for us. That said, I'm not sure I like Smith at center. He's a relentless forechecker and he clearly has some skills and can make things happen offensively. I think he can use those tools better on the flank than up the middle.

I wouldn't mind giving Latta a shot at making the roster as the #4 center. He's a solid all-around player with lots of jam, and we could use someone like that, especially if Tootoo walks.
To be honest, Smith's rookie season was pretty damn good. As long as he keeps his forechecking up he's a better prospect than Wilson.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:39 AM
token grinder

Quote:

granted, this is assuming he signs a multi year deal.....but Staal replacing fisher (cap wise) is an obvious bump up. I know we have a tpn of pkers, but having a threat like Staal on the pk would be huge.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:50 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
I will be honest. I couldn't make it past the fact you keep saying sk is 30 years old. in five years, he will be. I may compare those two to the top two centers on teams. If they are better than the 30% I will never let you live it down here.
I never said SK was 30 years old. I was responding to you saying he is young and will get better. I said what does he hit his potential at 30??. Read what something says before you try to reply with a smirk remark. Go back and read it, hoss.
Since you got stumped on some fairytale i will be waiting for your response to the other things.

About your challenge i mentioned to look up Fisher and Legwand compared to other teams top line centers. That does not mean compare them together. That means compare Fisher to example A etc or compare Legwand to example A etc.

Here is a list of how Legwand and Fisher compare to other centers around the league. Legwand #27 Fisher #30. I would say since they bring up the rear of that list with the other players being from different teams in the NHL. What i said is pretty accurate.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...e=summary&pg=1

Last edited by VFL615*: 05-17-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old
05-17-2012, 02:45 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
I never said SK was 30 years old. I was responding to you saying he is young and will get better. I said what does he hit his potential at 30??. Read what something says before you try to reply with a smirk remark. Go back and read it, hoss.
Hate to jump in here but in post 172 you clearly say "SK is 30yo with a lot of playing time."

In the initial comment you don't say that but in the bolded portion you do.

Old
05-17-2012, 03:49 PM
misterjaggers

Has there been any indication that the Predators are shopping Radulov?

Old
05-17-2012, 04:51 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Hate to jump in here but in post 172 you clearly say "SK is 30yo with a lot of playing time."

In the initial comment you don't say that but in the bolded portion you do.
I meant 25. I had 30 in my immediate mind because i was trying to make the point of when is he going to reach his peak 30. Since he is 25 with several years of NHL time under his belt. If you read the very start of the discussion you will see where i said it.

Old
05-17-2012, 05:00 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
I meant 25. I had 30 in my immediate mind because i was trying to make the point of when is he going to reach his peak 30. Since he is 25 with several years of NHL time under his belt. If you read the very start of the discussion you will see where i said it.
I understand. Just wanted you to see where others were reading the reference to 30.

Old
05-17-2012, 06:09 PM
NoNecksCurse

http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...17-121756.html

thought sk "the invisible" wanted to stay in nashville?

Quote:
Sergei K criticizes organization

The suspensions imposed by the Nashville Predators to the attackers Alexander Aleksandr Radulov made and Andrei Kostitsyn, the playoffs, were too harsh according to Sergei Kostitsyn. Aleksandr Radulov made and Kostitsyn had been suspended during the third and fourth games of the series of second round against the Phoenix Coyotes, after having missed the curfew for several hours.

Last edited by NoNecksCurse: 05-17-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old
05-17-2012, 06:36 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:

From the thread on the main board (which cites the original interview):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
Later on in the same interview he talked about what a good coach Barry Trotz is and how much he respects him...but that doesn't make much of a headline, does it?
So, yeah, I'd say he wants to stay here. He was asked a question, and he answered it. What, did you expect him to throw his brother under the bus?

Old
05-17-2012, 06:49 PM
dulzhok

Quote:

While I agree that the suspensions were too harsh (especially the game 4 benching)-- if it's true there was no alcohol and at most 1 hour late-- SK needs to look in the mirror when the Predators needed offensive help. What a waste this guy was for us on the 1st line in the playoffs.

Trotz biggest mistake of the playoffs was to keep SK on the 1st line for so long. Wilson, Radulov, heck even Halichuk or Smith would have been better options.

And it's not like his slump just started in the playoffs. He finished the year with 1 point in 10 games. It's inexcusable that he was on our 1st line the entire playoffs, minus the last game when Trotz finally addressed the problem out of desperation.

Qualify SK and trade him to the highest bidder. He is NOT a sustainable scoring line winger on a contender.

Old
05-17-2012, 06:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

A San Jose fan proposed (assuming suter wants out)

Pavelski+Boyle

Suter's Rights+Wilson+Watson+Hornqvist

That is a steep price to pay. If Suter wants out, his rights are worth next to nothing to us. That leaves Hornqvist --> Boyle and Wilson+Watson---> Pavelski. I think it could work.

Old
05-17-2012, 06:55 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
From the thread on the main board (which cites the original interview):

So, yeah, I'd say he wants to stay here. He was asked a question, and he answered it. What, did you expect him to throw his brother under the bus?
can you link me the whole interview? i had seen that browsing the web.. havent been over to the main board to find it.

regardless of what he said positive about trotz and co., i think it would have been best for him to "steer" from criticizing the organization.

Old
05-17-2012, 07:01 PM
NoNecksCurse

i agree dulzhok. sk has been solid the past 2 regular seasons but his play in the postseason both seasons disturbs me. that is when good players raise their game.

although i think its simply a case of playing guys where they shouldnt be.

for example we have fisher, legwand, sk all bumped up a line one too high.

we have ...

sk fisher erat
radulov legwand hornqvist

where it should be....

radulov - ______ - erat/______
sk/wilson - legwand/fisher - erat/______

Old
05-17-2012, 07:04 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post

Pavelski+Boyle

That is a steep price to pay. If Suter wants out, his rights are worth next to nothing to us. That leaves Hornqvist --> Boyle and Wilson+Watson---> Pavelski. I think it could work.
I think it's decent. I'd much rather include Ellis than Wilson though.

If Poile plays it right, I think Suter's rights could be worth a lot, especially if you package guys like Hornqvist, etc.

I like Hornqvist, but he has his limitations at even strength.

Old
05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post

Pavelski+Boyle

That is way too steep a price to pay. Wilson, Watson and hornqvist are what you are paying for pavelski. Boyle has a year or two left in the tank and Wilson and Watson are big bodied forwards with skill. Too much to give up IMO.

Old
05-17-2012, 10:04 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Since you got stumped on some fairytale i will be waiting for your response to the other things.

About your challenge i mentioned to look up Fisher and Legwand compared to other teams top line centers. That does not mean compare them together. That means compare Fisher to example A etc or compare Legwand to example A etc.

Here is a list of how Legwand and Fisher compare to other centers around the league. Legwand #27 Fisher #30. I would say since they bring up the rear of that list with the other players being from different teams in the NHL. What i said is pretty accurate.
nothing you say is accurate. you shift opinions when yours are proven wrong. Fact is, we have a midpack center tandem, not bottom 30 percent in the league. it would be nice to just admit you are wrong.

Old
05-18-2012, 08:58 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
nothing you say is accurate. you shift opinions when yours are proven wrong. Fact is, we have a midpack center tandem, not bottom 30 percent in the league. it would be nice to just admit you are wrong.
I made a mistake in typing SK was 30 in a response. You knew what i was meaning because in a previous reply to your opinion that SK is going to better next year and so on. I said does he not reach his potential until he is 30?? You jumped on that mistype in an attempt to draw attention away from your opinions that got challenged.
Fact is what i said is accurate and your attempt to join Legwand and Fisher numbers to support your opinion that we do not need a ---->#1<----center does not fly with the topic at hand. The whole discussion started over the fact that this team needs a number #1 center not lets compare two of are centers and pretend we do not have a problem. Nice try though.
Fact is your opinion found some trouble and now you got nothing. That is fine but dont say others should admit they are wrong when they are not.

Again here is the list of Centers for the past season. 18 teams have centers with better numbers before Legwand at 27 and Fisher at 30 are listed. RNH is at #28 and he sat out a lot of the year injuried. So it is safe to say 19 centers. You explain to me how Legwand or Fisher are middle of the pack #1 centers? Have to say when the numbers are done correct in regards to the ? at hand my 70% is pretty darn accurate.

Last edited by VFL615*: 05-18-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old
05-18-2012, 09:16 AM
token grinder

Quote:
I made a mistake in typing SK was 30 in a response. You knew what i was meaning because in a previous reply to your opinion that SK is going to better next year and so on. I said does he not reach his potential until he is 30?? You jumped on that mistype in an attempt to draw attention away from your opinions that got challenged.
Fact is what i said is accurate and your attempt to join Legwand and Fisher numbers to support your opinion that we do not need a ---->#1<----center does not fly with the topic at hand. The whole discussion started over the fact that this team needs a number #1 center not lets compare two of are centers and pretend we do not have a problem. Nice try though.
Fact is your opinion found some trouble and now you got nothing. That is fine but dont say others should admit they are wrong when they are not.
This is your exact quote:

"I challenge you to compare Fisher or Legwand to 70% of other teams top line centers. They do not even come close"

am I supposed to compare each to other teams number 1 center? or number 2? If number 1 center, of course they do not put up the same numbers. I think you would be shocked to see how each of them puts up 2nd line center points.

You said they don't match up with the top 70% of the leagues top 2 centers. Your opinion is a false description of them. In fact if you go to nhl.com and filter the stats by centers, Legwand is 27th and Fisher 30th in points for a center. Last I checked their were 30 teams in the league, with 2 centers per top 6, so, help me here, I haven't had to complete a math problem without a calculator for a bit, that is 60 centers. So to be in the bottom 30 percent they would have to be ranked 43rd or worse, right?. Tell me what I am missing here.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

Closed Thread