HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The "I Guess I've Got To Do It" Edition: Game 2: Rangers vs. Devils

Old
05-17-2012, 08:26 AM
blue425

vCash: 500
This SCF bound train is being held momentarily by the trains dispatcher. Please be patient..

blue425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:27 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Fact is that the Rangers scored two PP goals last night. When you score two PP goals, you shouldn't lose.

Gaborik needs to start scoring. It's good that he gets a few assists, but he's a goal scorer first and foremost. Therefore, if he's not scoring, he's not doing his job.
Richards has been alright so far in this series, but nothing great. He was taking control of games previously.
Hagelin has only had one good game.
Callahan has done very little since he blocked that shot. He's probably hurt.
Stepan has a game where he's great and then he has games where he's a ghost

Anisimov and Kreider have been the two best forwards on the team.

If you look at the Devils, their best guys are showing up. The Rangers best guys have been MIA.

Lack of skill, inexperience, whatever it is, when the D and a player with 0 NHL experience are outscoring the rest of the team, there are issues.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:29 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave35 View Post
Yep. Agree. Even with our lethargic play, we were a post away from having a tie game.

After a season with a Winter Classic comeback, 2 game 7 play off series, the bipolar power play, 3OT winner, and the Miracle on Broadway, I have come to expect one thing: an uphill battle.

1-1 going into an arena where we play well. We have a great D and the best goaltender in the world. We also have the ability to score when we need to. This team seems to like to have their back against the wall. Yes, that can eventually bite them in the ass. But until it does, I will cling to my heart medicine, stay up past midnight, hold my breath for last second goals, and believe that this team will come out of the rubble as the lone survivor.

Now let's move on to game 3.

Get it done, boys.
Couldn't have said better myself. People need to understand that this Devils team is a lot better than they think. They have a great forechecking game, a solid defense and yeah, a pretty good offense. Plus Marty may be 40, but he is still very, very good. And while he may have nothing left to play for career wise, he wants to beat the Rangers very badly. He's never beaten them on his way to winning a cup and 94 still sticks in his craw. You can tell by all the shots he's been taking at us, just 2 games into this series. If the Rangers are going to win this series, they are going to need to elevate their game on all facets. Cause Marty and Devils are elevating theirs..you can bet on that.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:33 AM
vbman09

vCash: 100
Funny how this board goes, We lose and the world is about to end! However if we play well in Game 3 and win then we are going to win in 5. People its hockey, we didn't play well and lost by a goal, The bounces went the debbies way. If Kreider is a half inch to the right we have a 2 goal lead. If the refs decide to call infractions in the third we might get a power play or 2 in the third. Just wasn't our night. Gaborik was invisible when he was on the ice. He needs to play better, look at Parise He hasn't scored a goal yet you see him on the ice being a factor, last night Gaborik didn't play well he got benched and was held accountable. Good on you Torts.

I think the day's rest will help us and we will come out with a better effort on Saturday.

LGR!!!!!

vbman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Anisimov - Stepan - Kreider. Do it, Torts. Do it.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:48 AM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbman09 View Post
Funny how this board goes, We lose and the world is about to end! However if we play well in Game 3 and win then we are going to win in 5. People its hockey, we didn't play well and lost by a goal...
I was on this board after Game 5 of the Ottawa series which put the Rangers down 3 games to 2 and it was not the end of the world on here

Is that enough emoticons to indicate sarcasm?

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:48 AM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Anisimov - Stepan - Kreider. Do it, Torts. Do it.
Then if we had a Healthy dubinsky, we would have probably the best third line in the league.

Dubinsky,Boyle,Callahan

Thats, Grit, Defense, and Goals

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Can't blame hookings and interference. When your D forgets that Ilya Kovalchuk is alone in front of Hank, you're going to pay for it.
Unfortunately that's exactly why he was alone in front. Elias set a blatant pick on Girardi trying to cut over. I could see it clear as day from sec 423. Wonder how the refs missed it.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:51 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The Rangers need Frolov back for this series. His wraparounds would make him a hero against Marty.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Feds and Dubi are gone this offseason.

We'll be grabbing some more offense for sure. If this team just got it together offensively then it's bar none the best team in this league. I mean, we got all the way here with no scoring. Only thing is, if one of these scoring wingers is acquired via trade, I'd hate to think who we would give up on our D for the guy...

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Boy View Post
Unfortunately that's exactly why he was alone in front. Elias set a blatant pick on Girardi trying to cut over. I could see it clear as day from sec 423. Wonder how the refs missed it.
True.

At the same time the Rangers and Torts have no answer for teams, any team... Including the Islanders, who ratchet up the forecheck. Any team that pressures us like the Devs did last night scores at least 3 against and wins every time.

I'm surprised it took this long to see a team try it.

Torts needs to figure something out by Sat or we will be in trouble. Mark my words.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:34 AM
lbrowne

I'm confident that Richards is getting warmed up here again and is set to score some big goals.

The best thing in this series is that we always have home ice.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Matt Carle Place
Man Gravity Forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Torts needs to figure something out by Sat or we will be in trouble. Mark my words.
This is Torts we're talking about. He won't. We'll plug away at doing the same old same old in hopes that we'll somehow be able to overcome their forecheck, but don't expect Torts to concoct some sort of gameplan to do it. The blind wall passes will continue, and so will every other team game-planning by putting their D-men hugging the wall at the blue line.

Matt Carle Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:44 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Sent: May 17, 2012 9:55a

RT @eduhatschek Question to PHWA colleagues: Anyone consider a boycott of JTortorella presser? Just walk out en masse when he goes to podium

sent via UberSocial for BlackBerry
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/st...21500730048512

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:48 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
True.

At the same time the Rangers and Torts have no answer for teams, any team... Including the Islanders, who ratchet up the forecheck. Any team that pressures us like the Devs did last night scores at least 3 against and wins every time.

I'm surprised it took this long to see a team try it.

The first bolded needs to solve the problem with the second bolded.

The Rangers have had problems with breakouts and clearing the zone since Roszival and the "reverse the puck to no one" era.

Torts needs to solve it. They need to stop *****footing with the puck and make a clean pass. Or if they are under pressure flip it to center. If the Devils are jamming up the boards, which they did on every goal and seemingly every offensive chance, send it high and up the middle. Especially if the ice is bad. D men trying to handle a flipped puck at center with guys charging that them is a recipe for disaster.

High forechecking teams with bad defenses are built to give up odd man rushes. But it will never happen unless the puck gets moved out of the zone quickly.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:49 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The media is fixated with Torts. He answers their questions. He doesn't give them long answers. Torts has a 12:30 conference call today. The last time the operator had trouble finding questions. Andrew Gross asked every question.

Old
05-17-2012, 09:58 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The media is fixated with Torts. He answers their questions. He doesn't give them long answers. Torts has a 12:30 conference call today. The last time the operator had trouble finding questions. Andrew Gross asked every question.
Yeah it's pretty funny how the media is throwing fits because he's not expansive with answers.

I'm hearing on the radio:

jerk
moron
loser
act is old
Bill Belichick

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Levitate

Quote:

RT @eduhatschek Question to PHWA colleagues: Anyone consider a boycott of JTortorella presser? Just walk out en masse when he goes to podium

What an idiot. That would probably be Torts' dream

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:07 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
Then if we had a Healthy dubinsky, we would have probably the best third line in the league.

Dubinsky,Boyle,Callahan

Thats, Grit, Defense, and Goals
No 3rd line with Boyle centering it is the best 3rd line in the league.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:18 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:

I'm sure Torts would love this. Lol

On a side note, I'm still confident in this group but I keep saying it: they never make it easy. If they could have potted a few more goals during that little stretch. They just never make it easy.

05-17-2012, 10:24 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
The first bolded needs to solve the problem with the second bolded.

The Rangers have had problems with breakouts and clearing the zone since Roszival and the "reverse the puck to no one" era.

Torts needs to solve it. They need to stop *****footing with the puck and make a clean pass. Or if they are under pressure flip it to center. If the Devils are jamming up the boards, which they did on every goal and seemingly every offensive chance, send it high and up the middle. Especially if the ice is bad. D men trying to handle a flipped puck at center with guys charging that them is a recipe for disaster.

High forechecking teams with bad defenses are built to give up odd man rushes. But it will never happen unless the puck gets moved out of the zone quickly.
The whole concept with forecheck is to not allow the breakout. Flipping to center is a turnover prescription. The nice transition comes from boards, that is why they're jamming there.
Look, no one is changing the tactic, it works. Everything comes to execution. They executed better last nite or in plan English simply outplayed us or even simplier kicked our behind. Whatever your preference...

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:28 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

I saw a stat earlier about the Rangers having 10 goals from their D in the playoffs which is 5 more than the next team. They just 1 guy to get hot like Marchand did for Boston last season. He ended up with 11 goals and seemed to score every key goal for them.

Old
05-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
the good news is the series is tied at 1...we are not down 2-0....my thoughts are that the rangers have not had 2 consecutive days off in about a week, which is difficult, today's day off gives them a chance to catch their breath get away from the rink and have their minds off the game for a day...tomorrow they get back at it refreshed and angry because they lost game 2, i think we will see the rangers game back to where it was in game 7 vs. caps and the third period of game 1 vs. njd...I am excited for it and to see our second home rink full of blue lol

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:31 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

****ing hate these Devils fans...Bunch of idiots on the GB

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Fataldogg

What I don't get, we have Eminger, a quality reserve defense man who can play solid defensively, and we use Bickel over him because of his "size" and "toughness."

I think it is time to bring Eminger in. I thought it was time for Eminger a while ago.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote