HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Chicago

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2012, 08:09 AM
  #1
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 4,916
vCash: 500
Boston - Chicago

David Krejci, Tim Thomas, and Adam McQuaid for Patrick Sharp, and Corey Crawford


Chicago gets a true #1 goaltender, albeit older, in Thomas, Krejci gives them a great #2 center behind Toews, and McQuaid is a tough #5/#6 defender. Both Krejci & McQuaid are younger and signed fairly long term to good contracts.

Boston gets a solid back-up to Rask if he falters in the starting role, and gets a top end scorer in Sharp that has 20 power play goals in the past two seasons!! Something sorely needed.

Projected line-ups (pardon me if Chicago is way off; I used the default capgeek lineup as I don't know your lines!):

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS
FORWARDS
Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Viktor Stalberg ($0.875m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Michael Frolik ($2.333m)
Marcus Kruger ($0.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Bryan Bickell ($0.541m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.565m) / Jimmy Hayes ($0.875m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Steve Montador ($2.750m)
Nick Leddy ($1.116m) / Adam McQuaid ($1.566m)

GOALTENDERS
Tim Thomas ($5.000m) / Ray Emery ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,836,795; BONUSES: $537,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $4,463,205


BOSTON BRUINS
FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m)
Brad Marchand ($2.500m) / Tyler Seguin ($3.550m) / Patrick Sharp ($5.900m)
Benoit Pouliot ($2.100m) / Chris Kelly ($3.125m) / Rich Peverley ($3.250m)
Jordan Caron ($1.100m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.500m) / Shawn Thornton ($1.100m)

DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.916m) / Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m)
Andrew Ference ($2.250m) / Johnny Boychuk ($3.366m)
Greg Zanon ($1.933m) / Dougie Hamilton ($1.525m)

GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($3.250m) / Corey Crawford ($2.666m)

BUYOUTS: Patrick Eaves ($0.258m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,625,000; BONUSES: $3,587,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $1,675,000

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:22 AM
  #2
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,073
vCash: 500
My initial reaction is NO from Boston. Which makes me think it's probably close to fair value.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:28 AM
  #3
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
My initial reaction is NO from Boston. Which makes me think it's probably close to fair value.
I really don't want to comment on the value. But I don't see the purpose for Boston to use two assets (Thomas and McQuaid) to upgrade one of the spots in the top 6. I see this a lot with proposals from Bruins fans. Way too eager to exchange Krejci for a wing in order to get Seguin to center. I could see it if Nathan Horton was 100%. But since he's still a huge question mark, Boston needs to add to their top 6, not shuffle the cards with it. If Boston is deciding to go with Rask, I don't see why they'd want to carry a $2m backup. They'd just go with Rask and Khudobin.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:28 AM
  #4
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,150
vCash: 50
My initial reaction is hell no.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:14 AM
  #5
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 22,594
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I'd do it as a Blackhawks fan.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:16 AM
  #6
BrainOfJ
Diva
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 17,481
vCash: 500
The most alarming thing to me IMO is that you spent over 5m for Chris Kelly and Pouliot.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:18 AM
  #7
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 4,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
The most alarming thing to me IMO is that you spent over 5m for Chris Kelly and Pouliot.

Hey I was just trying to figure high to make sure there was room for the bottom 6!!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:20 AM
  #8
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 22,462
vCash: 500
Where do I sign?

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:24 AM
  #9
BrainOfJ
Diva
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 17,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post

Hey I was just trying to figure high to make sure there was room for the bottom 6!!
haha no I totally hear you, most people shoot way to low to make their line up work.

I don't see either back really, Kelly because of cost, and Pouliot for an upgrade possibly but we'll see.

As far as the proposal, pretty fair value. Addresses needs on both sides. Good job.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:24 AM
  #10
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,926
vCash: 500
I really like Sharp, but I would probably do this deal.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:27 AM
  #11
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 22,462
vCash: 500
I'll throw a fist bump your way if you take Frolik too hah

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:45 AM
  #12
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time
 
Tim Vezina Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
David Krejci, Tim Thomas, and Adam McQuaid for Patrick Sharp, and Corey Crawford


Chicago gets a true #1 goaltender, albeit older, in Thomas, Krejci gives them a great #2 center behind Toews, and McQuaid is a tough #5/#6 defender. Both Krejci & McQuaid are younger and signed fairly long term to good contracts.

Boston gets a solid back-up to Rask if he falters in the starting role, and gets a top end scorer in Sharp that has 20 power play goals in the past two seasons!! Something sorely needed.

Projected line-ups (pardon me if Chicago is way off; I used the default capgeek lineup as I don't know your lines!):

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS
FORWARDS
Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Viktor Stalberg ($0.875m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Michael Frolik ($2.333m)
Marcus Kruger ($0.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Bryan Bickell ($0.541m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.565m) / Jimmy Hayes ($0.875m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Steve Montador ($2.750m)
Nick Leddy ($1.116m) / Adam McQuaid ($1.566m)

GOALTENDERS
Tim Thomas ($5.000m) / Ray Emery ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,836,795; BONUSES: $537,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $4,463,205


BOSTON BRUINS
FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m)
Brad Marchand ($2.500m) / Tyler Seguin ($3.550m) / Patrick Sharp ($5.900m)
Benoit Pouliot ($2.100m) / Chris Kelly ($3.125m) / Rich Peverley ($3.250m)
Jordan Caron ($1.100m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.500m) / Shawn Thornton ($1.100m)

DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.916m) / Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m)
Andrew Ference ($2.250m) / Johnny Boychuk ($3.366m)
Greg Zanon ($1.933m) / Dougie Hamilton ($1.525m)

GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($3.250m) / Corey Crawford ($2.666m)

BUYOUTS: Patrick Eaves ($0.258m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,625,000; BONUSES: $3,587,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $1,675,000
I wouldnt do this as a Bruins fan. We don't need Crawford on this team...we have Khudobin to be the backup, who is very underrated. I also dont understand why youd need McQuaid...hes a bottom pairing right handed shot defensman, isnt that Montador?

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:50 AM
  #13
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 22,594
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
We'd go

Keith - Seabrook
Hammer - Montador
Leddy - McQuaid

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:50 AM
  #14
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
haha no I totally hear you, most people shoot way to low to make their line up work.

I don't see either back really, Kelly because of cost, and Pouliot for an upgrade possibly but we'll see.

As far as the proposal, pretty fair value. Addresses needs on both sides. Good job.
Think it actually opens more holes than it fills needs.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:09 AM
  #15
Guy Boucher
Registered User
 
Guy Boucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,443
vCash: 500
As an outsider, Krecji and Sharp cancel out. So the deal is Tim Thomas and McQuaid for Corey Crawford.

I actually think it`s a promising offer, but Chicago would need to add something.

Guy Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:59 AM
  #16
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,327
vCash: 500
Hawks say yes

need to take a risk and hope that Thomas works with the Chicago D and System

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:45 AM
  #17
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 4,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
As an outsider, Krecji and Sharp cancel out. So the deal is Tim Thomas and McQuaid for Corey Crawford.

I actually think it`s a promising offer, but Chicago would need to add something.
I'd be okay with that, maybe Andrew Shaw? or Bryan Bickell?? or is that too much??

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:47 AM
  #18
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 4,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
I wouldnt do this as a Bruins fan. We don't need Crawford on this team...we have Khudobin to be the backup, who is very underrated. I also dont understand why youd need McQuaid...hes a bottom pairing right handed shot defensman, isnt that Montador?

I'm a Bruins fan, figured that we'd need to add from our end and that McQuaid would be a good addition. Assuming we re-sign Zanon, McQuaid might be odd man out if Hamilton wins a job in training camp anyway. Lot of 'ifs' there, but not out of the question.

I like Adam McQuaid though; and would prefer him to stay around Boston!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:15 PM
  #19
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 22,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
I'd be okay with that, maybe Andrew Shaw? or Bryan Bickell?? or is that too much??
Well you're not getting Shaw. I'd gladly give you Bickell or Frolik.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:11 PM
  #20
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean
 
11MilesPerJohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McLean Hospital
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
As I Bruins fan I really have no interest in Crawford based on the way this deal is structured. Assuming I am giving up Thomas, I am already set on going with Rask and Khudobin as my tandem. There doesn't seem to be any sense in taking on another young goalie who Chicago has already decided can't cut the mustard. So, replace Crawford with Bolland and you have yourself a deal.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:19 PM
  #21
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,073
vCash: 500
IF possible the Bruins need to add to top-6 without giving up a core player. Something involving picks/ prospects (not Hamilton)

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:19 PM
  #22
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 22,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
As I Bruins fan I really have no interest in Crawford based on the way this deal is structured. Assuming I am giving up Thomas, I am already set on going with Rask and Khudobin as my tandem. There doesn't seem to be any sense in taking on another young goalie who Chicago has already decided can't cut the mustard. So, replace Crawford with Bolland and you have yourself a deal.
So you want to replace him with a much, much better player for guys that you don't want anymore? No.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:27 PM
  #23
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean
 
11MilesPerJohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McLean Hospital
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
So you want to replace him with a much, much better player for guys that you don't want anymore? No.
You understand that you have to give up something to get something in a trade? Why do we want your goalie who you have given up on? Makes no sense. At least Thomas has proven he can do it. Krejci has been a number one center on a cup winning team, and McQuaid is way underrated. Crawford has no value for the Bruins, he wouldn't beat out Rask, and it is doubtful he beats out Khudobin.

So, you want us to trade Krejci, Thomas, and Quaider for Sharpe? No thanks. Bruins would need something else in return.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:37 PM
  #24
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
You understand that you have to give up something to get something in a trade? Why do we want your goalie who you have given up on? Makes no sense. At least Thomas has proven he can do it. Krejci has been a number one center on a cup winning team, and McQuaid is way underrated. Crawford has no value for the Bruins, he wouldn't beat out Rask, and it is doubtful he beats out Khudobin.

So, you want us to trade Krejci, Thomas, and Quaider for Sharpe? No thanks. Bruins would need something else in return.
While I agree that Crawford to the Bruins makes little sense, there's a pretty big gap between Bolland and Crawford.

The reason I don't like the initial deal is that the Bruins get worse at one of the two goalie spots (Crawford - Thomas), get worse at their #5 dman slot (Zanon (no way do I pay that guy 1.9m he was terrible) - McQuaid), we're still slotting Horton into the top 6, we've re-signed Pouliot, and we're only left with $1.6m in cap space to make other improvements (including we have no 13th forward or 7th d) all in the name of upgrading our RW spot from Seguin to Sharp (who hasn't even played in our system) and our C spot from Krejci to Seguin (who hasn't played significant time at C for the Bruins).

Which isn't the fault of Chicago, value wise, the deal is probably fairly close. You could argue a sub-1st round pick going Boston's way to bridge the Crawford gap, but really, why would Boston do that?

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:48 PM
  #25
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 22,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
You understand that you have to give up something to get something in a trade? Why do we want your goalie who you have given up on? Makes no sense. At least Thomas has proven he can do it. Krejci has been a number one center on a cup winning team, and McQuaid is way underrated. Crawford has no value for the Bruins, he wouldn't beat out Rask, and it is doubtful he beats out Khudobin.

So, you want us to trade Krejci, Thomas, and Quaider for Sharpe? No thanks. Bruins would need something else in return.
Aim lower. If you have those two goalies then the value of Thomas to you considerably less. Not saying this makes Thomas junk, but you have less of wiggle room to play hard ball.


Last edited by MurrayBannerman: 05-17-2012 at 01:54 PM.
MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.