HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

World Championships

Old
05-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

vCash: 500
Not really surprised by Canada losing to be honest, not that solid of a team all around

Congrats to the Slovaks

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:17 AM
SidGenoMario

vCash: 511
Bob Errey's doing commentary and he's not talking about water or picklestabbers. I'm disappoint.

SidGenoMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
that Thoresen guy is already at 18 Points..I wish we could get him..he is really great!!

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:17 AM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

"Well he learned how to dive in Montreal." - Errey on Emelin.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
at least one clear dive against Sweden, today 2-3 dives, with 1 or even 2 beeing called..I haven't seen him often now, but I dislike him already

If this Michalek rumors are true, I wonder if we should go after Semin then, we could easily afford that, if we don't take a big contract back for Michalek

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:38 AM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
at least one clear dive against Sweden, today 2-3 dives, with 1 or even 2 beeing called..I haven't seen him often now, but I dislike him already

If this Michalek rumors are true, I wonder if we should go after Semin then, we could easily afford that, if we don't take a big contract back for Michalek
It's been discussed in the off-season thread, and I'm against the idea. He wouldn't be a good fit on this team.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:

No thanks.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidGenoMario View Post
Bob Errey's doing commentary and he's not talking about water or picklestabbers. I'm disappoint.
I heard him say Czechoslovakia once or twice today..

It's been 20 years Bob, 20 years!

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:29 AM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I heard him say Czechoslovakia once or twice today..

It's been 20 years Bob, 20 years!
And it was always Norwegia ... never Norway

Also, Malkin's assist today gives him 15 points ... breaking the record previous held by Kovalchuk from 2009 for most points scored on the Russian team in a single World Cup tournament.

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

I lol'd hard as soon as I heard Errey on commentary. I had no idea he was doing the Worlds.

Sh00terMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

USA choking in the final seconds was brutal. No idea what Petry was doing there. The Finnish goalie we're supposedly interested in looked good though.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Saku11

Howard=Choke artist

Saku11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Stay away from him Geno, he's a bad influence.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Stay away from him Geno, he's a bad influence.
it's too late - after OV got his arm amputated. Geno comforted him. can't you see what Geno is reaching for in this picture.

Quote:
Love was just a glance away / A warm embracing dance skate away /
And - ever since that night they've been together. / Lovers at first sight, in love forever.

Crafton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Not really surprised by Canada losing to be honest, not that solid of a team all around

Congrats to the Slovaks
The defense corps, IMO, was horribly put together to play on such a large ice surface.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Burgs

Canada also hasn't been getting clutch goaltending in years. Has been killing them in single-elimination games at all levels recently. Vancouver '10 was the exception but even there Luongo almost cost them Gold.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:56 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
USA choking in the final seconds was brutal. No idea what Petry was doing there. The Finnish goalie we're supposedly interested in looked good though.
Why Gordon had Petry/Faulk out there instead of Johnson/Fowler, I'll never know..

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
SidTheKid8787

During one of these games, i heard the intermission crew say Ovie's agent said he won't play again in Washington. Is this true? Or does his agent have a habit of talking out of his @ss?

ETA: Wait, is his mom, his agent? lol. OK nevermind.

Last edited by SidTheKid8787: 05-17-2012 at 08:01 PM.
SidTheKid8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:54 PM
clefty
What?

I'm pretty sure you heard them talking about Semin.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
Quote:
Quote:
It's been discussed in the off-season thread, and I'm against the idea. He wouldn't be a good fit on this team.
Since I missed it in the offseason thread I will say God no. His agent is throwing everything Washington under the bus in an attempt to drive up his clients price, which is just asinine.

Further, I have it on very, very good authority that Semin was one of the keys in getting Boudreau canned. He and Ovechkin led the charge. Ovechkin at least played Hunter's game. Semin not only didn't but is now insulting his ex-coach as they both head out of the door.

He's a cancer, an ego that's bigger than the team and nothing that the Penguins need in the locker room.

Mario_is_BACK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure about anyone else but I really like Alex Emelin. IMO he has the ability to be the next Vlad Konstantinov.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Burgs

The IIHF website has an article on Finnish goalie Petri Vehanen and his late-blooming career. Says he has an out clause for the NHL in his new SM-liiga contract.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:41 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

So, for those wondering why Tarasenko didn't make the team ... seems he's overweight.

Quote:
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud
RUS coach: #STLBlues prospect Vladimir Tarasenko isn't playing due to big weight gain. Good news, STL! He's preparing to blend into Midwest!
Also, here's an interview with Bill (in Russian) http://www.sports.ru/hockey/140874514.html

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:58 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! View Post
Since I missed it in the offseason thread I will say God no. His agent is throwing everything Washington under the bus in an attempt to drive up his clients price, which is just asinine.

Further, I have it on very, very good authority that Semin was one of the keys in getting Boudreau canned. He and Ovechkin led the charge. Ovechkin at least played Hunter's game. Semin not only didn't but is now insulting his ex-coach as they both head out of the door.

He's a cancer, an ego that's bigger than the team and nothing that the Penguins need in the locker room.
The agent has definitely said some dumb things, but as for Semin:

We did not have the same system the whole year. I think if Hunter was with the team from the very beginning of the season, things could have turned out a bit differently. He didn’t have enough time to build the team the way he wanted; we just got comfortable with his system in time for playoffs.

The whole year it was up-and-down, we win a game, we lose a game. By the time we got to playoffs, the team finally understood how to play the game he wanted, defense first, no mistakes, blocking shots, all five guys together. But during the regular season, intensity is not the same as in the playoffs. In postseason, every goal is worth its weight in gold.

... Of course, personally, I like to play the open style hockey more, the one we used to play. It’s more fun –- open, creative passing, creating things off the rush. That’s the style of hockey I enjoy playing, but I understand, like it or not, in the playoffs you win if you play defensive hockey.

(c/o RMNB)

And from Lysenkov:

"This is all just talk. Words can get twisted. There was no talk at all that I am not going to sign with the Capitals for sure. I have not talked to them [the Capitals] about leaving. And please don't ask me questions about the next season anymore."

--most people seem to think he and the agent want to wait to see what the CBA looks like which is why they signed a one year deal last time instead of the multi year deal the Caps offered him. They'll probably even slag a bit more now that the Caps are sans coach.

Also, most Caps fans thought Semin was the best forward under Hunter's system (he did try and block a Chara shot face first in the playoffs) and Ovechkin was sometimes basically invisible and costly with TOs.

All in all, I don't think Penguin fans really have to worry considering unless he took a healthy pay cut I don't think the Penguins brass would think he would fit into our system.

Last edited by KaylaJ: 05-18-2012 at 06:04 PM.
KaylaJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:15 PM
SidGenoMario

vCash: 511
How can a pro athlete become fat? You burn so many calories from your job. That's crazy.

SidGenoMario is offline   Reply With Quote