HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCF Game #3: KINGS(8 @ COYOTES(3 - Thursday, 5/17/12 @ 6:00 pm PDT | NBCSN, TSN, RDS

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2012, 11:15 AM
mbar

vCash: 500
Did we stay in a hotel last night?

Old
05-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Mats26
Cup Champs

Bury these cockroaches!!!

Old
05-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
No, I stayed in my house last night.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
I expect a huge push back from the yotes tonight, much like Vancouver did in game 3. Yotes are frustrated and confused, but they actually played a decent game before they let it get away from them. I expect Doan and Whitney will find something extra for this game, but it won't be enough. Smith looks mentally unfocused, so I don't know how he'll react, but I expect his game won't be strong tonight. Quick will have to continue being a rock.
It was still 2-0 Kings when the Coyotes were playing their game. Their strategy doesn't work against the Kings anymore. The Kings have too much talent for them to just sit back and counter, the Kings are too aggressive.

Only the Kings can beat themselves in this series. If both teams play their "best" and the Kings win.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
It's pretty surreal alright. We are 2 wins away from playing in the same building as the Stanley Cup...

Let's make it 1 win. GO KINGS!
The stanley cup doesn't show up in the finals till a team has a chance to win it that night.
So we are 5 games away from playing the same building as the cup!!!
Two game till I get to purchases a new kings jersey that has a stanley cup patch on it!!! I'm thinking Brown.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:49 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
It was still 2-0 Kings when the Coyotes were playing their game. Their strategy doesn't work against the Kings anymore. The Kings have too much talent for them to just sit back and counter, the Kings are too aggressive.

Only the Kings can beat themselves in this series. If both teams play their "best" and the Kings win.
I agree that the Kings's best can win this series, but key to that is maintaining discipline. The Coyotes could certainly have made a closer game of things if they hadn't disintegrated. The Kings cannot rely on that to win. The point being, the Kings cannot go out and start taking runs at people or provoking fights. This should Phoenix's most disciplined game, they HAVE to win this. It's essentially an elimination game for them.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:56 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

If we play our game, we'll win!!!

GO KINGS!

I think this is going to be a nasty one for runs on Quick. Smith came out and said he's getting run but his team isn't going after JQ. I expect that to change tonight and I hope he can keep his cool and the refs call it.

LET'S WIN THIS THING (and stay healthy)!

Old
05-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
I agree that the Kings's best can win this series, but key to that is maintaining discipline. The Coyotes could certainly have made a closer game of things if they hadn't disintegrated. The Kings cannot rely on that to win. The point being, the Kings cannot go out and start taking runs at people or provoking fights. This should Phoenix's most disciplined game, they HAVE to win this. It's essentially an elimination game for them.
When have the Kings with Sutter done that in the playoffs?

Old
05-17-2012, 12:14 PM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

How will the Kings respond if they should fall behind by a couple of goals? Has this team staged a big come from behind win this post season? What about a major injury?

My one worry is that the Kings haven't faced any adversity this post season. I don't remember one moment of "oh ****" this isn't going to go well.

I think the Coyotes are a beaten team. But still???

Old
05-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Relatedly, I'm looking for Richards to have a big game.

Unrelatedly, I'm very happy to see him and Carter enjoying some success. I'm also glad the HF someone-must-win-every-trade pendulum has swung back towards the Kings, not because I wish any Flyer fans misery, but because I'm happy to see all the "lolz thanks for simmonds and schenn and enjoy your cancers idiots god la didn't even know what they had" crowd put their feet in the mouths for a bit

DISCLAIMER: not judging the trade, just happy to shut some people up!

Old
05-17-2012, 12:16 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPointHammer View Post
How will the Kings respond if they should fall behind by a couple of goals? Has this team staged a big come from behind win this post season? What about a major injury?

My one worry is that the Kings haven't faced any adversity this post season. I don't remember one moment of "oh ****" this isn't going to go well.

The entire regular season was adversity. Many players on the team probably thought the team was going to get blown up.

Their play got the coach fired, and the captain tossed into trade rumors. That is some real adversity.

The Kings also had to play perfect down the stretch. One losing streak in March, would have cost them a playoff spot.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:25 PM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The entire regular season was adversity. Many players on the team probably thought the team was going to get blown up.

There play got the coach fired, and the captain tossed into trade rumors. That is some real adversity.
I totally agree. But where the team is at right now in the playoffs is a different story, a new level of pressure. A teams fortunes can change in a second. However, I think the team can and will handle whatever comes along. It's just "scary"?

(added)
The truth is, I don't want to face any adversity. My "nervous time" is lurking around. Must be strong for the team. Really, I think we can and I hope we will steamroll our way to the cup.

(also)
Not sure why above quote got cut off. I didn't do that.

Last edited by BallPointHammer: 05-17-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added comments.
Old
05-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
According to mayor, they did stay in a hotel last night.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:28 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
You have a short memory.

Vancouver Game 4 was a lot of adversity. Sedin returning, losing at home, Schneider nearly perfect and having to head out to game 5 on the road again.

Game 5 was adverse as it gets. Couldn't score, down by a goal on the road heading in to the 3rd period... the mountain the Kings had to climb to win that 1st round series was enormous, and I think that's part of what's propelling them even now.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:31 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

Other than the 3-1 loss I don't think the Kings have trailed for more than 10 minutes combined. Even if the Coyotes score first tonight I think the next shift the Kings will be right back in their grill cycling it in the Phoenix zone.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:31 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
You have a short memory.

Vancouver Game 4 was a lot of adversity. Sedin returning, losing at home, Schneider nearly perfect and having to head out to game 5 on the road again.

Game 5 was adverse as it gets. Couldn't score, down by a goal on the road heading in to the 3rd period... the mountain the Kings had to climb to win that 1st round series was enormous, and I think that's part of what's propelling them even now.
They were also down a goal against the Blues early; and Quick had to keep them in the game.

Quick keeping that game, a one goal game was huge.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:37 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

The Coyotes will have a big push tonight, they know they gotta win. Kings gotta keep playing their game and not try and get too fancy for the home crowd. Play hard, smart, and physical. Kings need to step on their throats tonight and keep the foot on the gas all game long.

Go Kings Go!

Old
05-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
You have a short memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
They were also down a goal against the Blues early; and Quick had to keep them in the game.

Quick keeping that game, a one goal game was huge.
Both are very true, and I think maybe we (I can speak for myself) didn't think of them as 'adversity' because we pulled it out and won in both games when really the guts it takes to do that convincingly is impressive.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
You have a short memory.

Game 3 against Vancouver, they were outshot and Schneider stood on his head. Brown scored late in that game and they won it 1-0. The swung the pendullum in the opposite direction against Vancouver this year as opposed to 2 years ago. The St. Louis series saw some times where the Blues hung in and were able to keep games close as well.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:53 PM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Quote:
You have a short memory.

True, but after that game the Kings were 3-1 and still the underdog. Now their record is 10-1 and they have ridiculously dominated all three opponents.

Old
05-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Perro

Quick hasn't had to put the team on his shoulders for a few games. I think he will have to steal us one before this series is over.

Old
05-17-2012, 01:42 PM
SuperAlmeida

We need to win tonight since they'll be without Hanzal, who is a big player 6'6 and 236 Ibs. He'll be replaced by M. A. Pouliot.

Fight to the end! Let's go Kings! BELIEVE!

Old
05-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Wooty

The Phoenix board want to play Bissonnette as some sort of response - to something that I can't figure out.

Why can't fans look directly at the simplest issue? There is no referee problem, there is no running the goalie problem, there is no physical play that is unanswered. Their team is not scoring and their supposed elite goaltender is not even close to elite.

If the team needs a spark, Smith should sit.

I guess they don't realize that Bissonnette is smaller then Kopitar and would be too slow to really do much of anything?

I say put Bissonette in, at least he will make some interesting tweets about who is near by when Kopitar blows by him.

Old
05-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Let them put Cement Shoes in the lineup, and have him see 2 to 3 minutes of ice time and waste a roster spot in the lineup.

Old
05-17-2012, 01:56 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Let them put Cement Shoes in the lineup, and have him see 2 to 3 minutes of ice time and waste a roster spot in the lineup.
EXACTLY, go ahead Tippet.

Shorten your bench too three lines; and watch Sutter roll Four in your kitchen all day long.

I freaking DARE YOU Tippet.

Closed Thread