HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

5 trades I want to see happen this offseason

Old
05-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Xoggz22

vCash: 500
Sorry but I'll take the potential franchise D-man over a potential top line wing any day of the week. With neight Yakupov or Hamilton having played a NHL game but both carrying high expectations, I think it's a tough comparison regardless but I would think most would give the nod to obtaining the defenseman. So for the Edmonton/Boston suggestion, I think it's backwards. I don't do it if I'm on the Boston side of things.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:45 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Umm, Hamilton hasn't played a pro game yet either. The Oilers have no reason to trade Yakupov for anything short of an overpay. That means Hamilton+Rask. We are NOT trading Yakupov away for fair value.

The thing about that is that Boston probably feel the same way.

The Bruins are built on the foundation of Chara and Thomas, also their two oldest players by far and you are talking about trading away their possible replacements.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Spokestick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I would LOVE to get Halak, but it isn't happening. Elliot had a solid regular season, but it was under the most defensive team in the league. He's never had great numbers before, and he didn't play well in the post season. He could very well be a flash in the pan.

Halak on the other hand carried a crappy Montreal team to the Conference finals, which shows he can play well under immense pressure (one of the biggest markets in the league). I'm sure St. Louis wants at least another solid year out of Elliot before they consider moving Halak. And if they did move Halak, I think they'd want more than Schenn (unfortunately).
If the Blues play it smart, they're looking at trading Elliot NOW to a desperate team... Halak will get you more in a trade, sure, but Elliot will never be worth as much as he is now... Wasn't it just a year ago he was the worst goalie in the league? Or was it two years ago......

Spokestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Spokestick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
The thing about that is that Boston probably feel the same way.

The Bruins are built on the foundation of Chara and Thomas, also their two oldest players by far and you are talking about trading away their possible replacements.
Yup. Doesn't mean a Hamilton for Yakupov trade isn't possible, but if Oiler fans really think they could get Hamilton AND Rask? Then Boston might as well walk away and stick with their successfully tested formula (god I hate the Bruins...)

Spokestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:57 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Based on your logic, how can either of Yakupov or Hamilton have more value than the other... if neither have played an NHL game yet?
That is not my logic, but the logic of the poster I replied to. Personally, I think there are many instances where a junior player can have more value than an NHLer. I'd trade half of my team for Huberdeau, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
And this impeccable, unassailable detailed logical conclusion is based on... what?
The pedigree of 1st overall picks and virtually every scouting report on Yakupov indicating that he is worthy of that 1st overall designation. Nothing is 100% but most people would take Yakupov over Hamilton.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Crosberry87

wooo Cant wait to see Skinner in a Pens jersey!

Crosberry87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:06 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenRyan View Post
1. Vinny Lecavalier to Calgary

Want too see Vinny in a hockey mad market. Always have

2. Halak to Toronto for Schenn

Toronto needs a goalie and St Louis needs a young def, other pieces will have to be included

3. Boston trades Dougie Hamilton, 1st round pick, prospect to Edmonton for 1st overall ( yakupov)

Boston gets an elite scorer to play with Seguin for years to come, Edmonton gets there Def stud

4. Rick Nash to San Jose

Anyone else want to see jumbo joe pass to a goal scorer like Nash

5. Jordan Stall to Carolina,

Jordan gets to be a top 6 forward finally and gets to play with his brothers
We may not be hockey experts down here in Tampa, but at least we know the difference between a Staal and a Stall.

Oh and P.S.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:07 PM
PensBeerGeek

Send a message via AIM to PensBeerGeek Send a message via Yahoo to PensBeerGeek
I hope the Hurricanes can land Jordan Stall.

Jordan StaAl, on the other hand....
(There are 3 in the NHL, ffs.)

PensBeerGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:07 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
That is not my logic, but the logic of the poster I replied to. Personally, I think there are many instances where a junior player can have more value than an NHLer. I'd trade half of my team for Huberdeau, for example.

The pedigree of 1st overall picks and virtually every scouting report on Yakupov indicating that he is worthy of that 1st overall designation. Nothing is 100% but most people would take Yakupov over Hamilton.
It's close, Hamiltons stock has risen a lot since he got drafted. Very few Dmen win the OHL Defencemen of the year award at the age of 18.

Of the two, Hamilton has the higher potential, but Yakupov is more likely to hit his potential. At least that's the way I see it.

Elite 6'5 mobile D who's very good both offensively and defensively > Elite small skilled wingers

But Hamilton may just end up being a solid #2 guy, while Yakupov will almost definitely be a 1st line winger, and probably franchise winger.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:08 PM
BrainOfJ
Heartbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
I would probably do that from an oilers point of view but some of my fellow oiler fans might not. I'm a big fan of Hamilton.
Those Oiler fans must be from Calgary, because that's highway robbery on the oilers end.

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:22 PM
caley

5 Trades I'd Like to See Happen

1. [NYI/WAS] Kyle Okposo for Mike Green. This is entirely based on my complete fantasy of Scott Gordon becoming Washington's new head coach. Okposo always plays his best with Gordon (When Gordon was the Isles HC and this past WC) so Washington adds a power forward to take Semin's Top 6 slot. Islanders don't have to worry about qualifying Green at too high of a price because they have lots of cap space. Caps can move Carlson into Green's spot and re-sign Wideman.

2.[EDM/CBJ] Linus Omark and Theo Peckham for Marc Methot. This was rumored around the deadline but never came to fruition. Methot's inclusion on Team Canada was, to me, a bit of a head-scratcher as he is decent, but I thought there were better defencemen out there, so my completely baseless theory is that Kevin Lowe was getting an up-close-and-personal look at him with future Oilers coach Brent Sutter. Methot can play in the Oilers Top 4 next year, whereas there's probably no more room for Peckham. Omark wants out and he'll have a better opportunity at playing NHL hockey with Columbus than Edmonton. Columbus does this, if for no other reason, than to ditch Methot's salary.

3. [NAS/BOS] Alexander Radulov to Boston for Anton Khokhlachev and a pick. Nashville cuts bait with the distraction that is Radulov, getting a potential player and a pick, in return. Boston hopes Radulov turns into an affordable difference-maker for their Top 6.

4. [PHI/LA] Simon Gagne to Philadelphia for Marc-Andre Bourdon. Gagne goes back to where he began his career and adds some leadership to a youthful Philadelphia team, going back to the team that never should've traded him in the first place. LA adds a bottom-pairing defenceman and deducts some salary which allows...

5. [LA/DET] Matt Greene for Justin Abdelkader. Detroit has always lacked grit along their blueline and Greene will provide that. Abdelkader is another big-bodied hard-forechecking forward that will fit in perfectly on LA's third line. Also, Greene can be replaced along the blueline by one of LA's AHL prospects (Jake Muzzin) and the money saved can be used to try and retain Jarret Stoll and/or Dustin Penner.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
I'm sure Lecavalier would be jumping for joy to waive his NMC and go to Calgary.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Jumbo Joe already plays with a goal scorer like Nash. His name is Patrick Marleau.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Wow. Where do we start?

Nice little backhanded insult to Tampa Bay there. And I find it interesting that you didn't bother to try to come up with a return to TB.

Oh, wow. Even if that was anywhere near fair value, and even if there weren't questions about whether or not Elliot can sustain this kind of performance, St. Louis badly needs left-shot defensemen; they're massively overcrowded on the right. Simply g-dawful.

I don't see why Boston would go for this, considering the pedigree Hamilton has and Chara's age.

Yeah, yeah, wonderful. What's Columbus getting back, again?

And Pittsburgh will be obliged to take back... what? Trades require the cooperation of both teams, y'know.
(Also, since when did Jared actually play in an NHL game?)
Once again, I agree with Viqsi. Terrible ideas, thanks for the lame backhand. Vinny seems pretty happy, and TB has a solid following.

05-17-2012, 01:56 PM
BrainOfJ
Heartbroken

oh god the OP is a Bruins fan?!

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
2.[EDM/CBJ] Linus Omark and Theo Peckham for Marc Methot. This was rumored around the deadline but never came to fruition. Methot's inclusion on Team Canada was, to me, a bit of a head-scratcher as he is decent, but I thought there were better defencemen out there, so my completely baseless theory is that Kevin Lowe was getting an up-close-and-personal look at him with future Oilers coach Brent Sutter. Methot can play in the Oilers Top 4 next year, whereas there's probably no more room for Peckham. Omark wants out and he'll have a better opportunity at playing NHL hockey with Columbus than Edmonton. Columbus does this, if for no other reason, than to ditch Methot's salary.
I fully and enthusiastically support this idea. Peckham is perfectly fine as a fill-in for our bottom pairing. Omark would be one of several other undersized scoring wingers we'd have, but he's a bit more experienced than most and we can always use him on shootouts or something.

I suspect a vocal handful of Jackets fans might object, though, on the basis that it's a trade with Edmonton.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post

& Ottawa saw more potential in Daigle then in Chris Pronger.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:45 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
+1

Dougie Hamilton is probably worth just as much as Yakupov ATM. Absolutely asinine notion of trading him, PLUS their 1st PLUS another prospect for a guy that hasn't played a pro game yet.
So, by this logic, Edmonton should only expect to get pieces that haven't played a pro game yet, right? I'd take a look at the package coming from Boston once more and decide if I wanted to clarify my opinion if I were you.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:47 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
& Ottawa saw more potential in Daigle then in Chris Pronger.
And Pittsburgh saw more potential in Crosby than Gilbert Brule and Cam Barker. What's your point? 1st overall picks today are scouted much more thoroughly, including psych evaluations, which certainly would have knocked Daigle down in the draft, considering that, you know, he didn't want to play hockey.

Old
05-17-2012, 03:49 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenRyan View Post
1. Vinny Lecavalier to Calgary

Want too see Vinny in a hockey mad market. Always have

2. Halak to Toronto for Schenn

Toronto needs a goalie and St Louis needs a young def, other pieces will have to be included

3. Boston trades Dougie Hamilton, 1st round pick, prospect to Edmonton for 1st overall ( yakupov)

Boston gets an elite scorer to play with Seguin for years to come, Edmonton gets there Def stud

4. Rick Nash to San Jose

Anyone else want to see jumbo joe pass to a goal scorer like Nash

5. Jordan Stall to Carolina,

Jordan gets to be a top 6 forward finally and gets to play with his brothers
Halak for Schenn because the Blues NEED a young D? omg

Edmonton doesn't do that deal. Hamilton is good but that is too far a drop in the draft. That's like Hamilton+Skjei/Matteau/Wilson/Di Giussepe/Kerdiles for Yakupov. Value doesn't match

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:50 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
I fully and enthusiastically support this idea. Peckham is perfectly fine as a fill-in for our bottom pairing. Omark would be one of several other undersized scoring wingers we'd have, but he's a bit more experienced than most and we can always use him on shootouts or something.

I suspect a vocal handful of Jackets fans might object, though, on the basis that it's a trade with Edmonton.
I'd like to see it to from Edmonton's side. Omark won't get a spot on the Oilers, but is certainly skilled enough to be an NHL'er. Peckham showed great promise two years ago but regressed a bit this year. Both are decent pieces. And lord knows that Edmonton could use Methot. If I have to see Correy Potter on anything but a powerplay or third pair this season, I'm gonna be a very disappointed Oiler fan.

Old
05-17-2012, 03:57 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
We may not be hockey experts down here in Tampa, but at least we know the difference between a Staal and a Stall.

Oh and P.S.
Well played.

Old
05-17-2012, 04:08 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
3 trades I want to see happen this off season:

David Backes and Alex Pietrangelo for Sam Gagner and Ales Hemsky
Jonathan Quick for Shawn Horcoff and Nikolai Khabibulin
Ryan McDonagh for Ben Eager

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Oilers want Hamilton from Boston?... 1st overall straight up 1 for 1... even than Boston may say no.

However I think a Vinny L to Vancouver for Luongo makes sense with perhaps Tampa adding a 2nd rounder or something is a trade I like to see.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredMan View Post
3 trades I want to see happen this off season:

David Backes and Alex Pietrangelo for Sam Gagner and Ales Hemsky
Jonathan Quick for Shawn Horcoff and Nikolai Khabibulin
Ryan McDonagh for Ben Eager
Well, at least you're not attempting to defend them.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote