HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worcester Signs Yanni Gourde

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-01-2012, 02:01 PM
  #26
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 60,086
vCash: 500
http://thehockeywriters.com/the-next...-yanni-gourde/

Article from March on his potential.


Does anyone know if yanni23 is him on Twitter?

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
  #27
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://thehockeywriters.com/the-next...-yanni-gourde/

Article from March on his potential.


Does anyone know if yanni23 is him on Twitter?
Sure looks like it should be him...

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:49 PM
  #28
lucky0slevin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Didn't zach O'brien try out and the rookie tournament for us?

lucky0slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 03:16 PM
  #29
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky0slevin View Post
Didn't zach O'brien try out and the rookie tournament for us?
He was on the Sharks rookie team roster...

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 05:57 PM
  #30
WoostahShaahks
Registered User
 
WoostahShaahks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://thehockeywriters.com/the-next...-yanni-gourde/

Article from March on his potential.


Does anyone know if yanni23 is him on Twitter?
That is him...

WoostahShaahks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 05:59 PM
  #31
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 38,844
vCash: 500
Twitter needs an auto translator

__________________

It disappoints me that you can write a lyric very flippantly—and not a particularly good lyric—and it can mean so much to so many people. That's disillusioning for a writer - George Michael, Careless Whisper
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:16 AM
  #32
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Is it possible that he gets more than $62.5k (max AHL salary on an ELS) on this deal? I know they allow 10% of the ELS NHL salary to be paid out as a signing bonus, but a higher wage might be more enticing.
Now that I'm thinking about it, the max AHL salary on a NHL two-way contract for him would be $70k, and there's no way he'd be making more than that on an AHL deal in this organization.

So I'm now a little more convinced that San Jose didn't want to commit to three years (which as a 21 year old that's the length his ELC would be). Presuming the chart stays the same in the new CBA if they sign him to a two-way deal at the end of 12-13 it would be a two year deal, so the result is the same only with no commitment after this season if things go bad.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:38 PM
  #33
SJeasy
Registered User
 
SJeasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Now that I'm thinking about it, the max AHL salary on a NHL two-way contract for him would be $70k, and there's no way he'd be making more than that on an AHL deal in this organization.

So I'm now a little more convinced that San Jose didn't want to commit to three years (which as a 21 year old that's the length his ELC would be). Presuming the chart stays the same in the new CBA if they sign him to a two-way deal at the end of 12-13 it would be a two year deal, so the result is the same only with no commitment after this season if things go bad.
Thanks. I know that AHL vets can get a bit more, but I wasn't sure about undrafted AHL rookies. Your opinion of the thought process makes a lot of sense.

My guess on the new CBA is that they will bump the AHL maximums allowed by a decent percentage. They are cutting it too fine with Europe, particularly the KHL and SEL, being a reasonable alternative.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:11 PM
  #34
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Thanks. I know that AHL vets can get a bit more, but I wasn't sure about undrafted AHL rookies. Your opinion of the thought process makes a lot of sense.

My guess on the new CBA is that they will bump the AHL maximums allowed by a decent percentage. They are cutting it too fine with Europe, particularly the KHL and SEL, being a reasonable alternative.
The only maximum salary for AHL players is when they sign NHL ELC, and that maximum is based on what the player's draft year was. For undrafted players it's what the limit was for the last year they were draft eligible.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:19 PM
  #35
SJeasy
Registered User
 
SJeasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
The only maximum salary for AHL players is when they sign NHL ELC, and that maximum is based on what the player's draft year was. For undrafted players it's what the limit was for the last year they were draft eligible.
That is the maximum to which I was referring. Thanks for the tidbit on maximums for undrafteds. The issue is where they want to set the tipping point for Euro prospects. How much to ensure that they can entice them over for development.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:28 PM
  #36
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 60,086
vCash: 500
Regardless of AHL deals (the PHPA-AHL CBA isn't up for a number of years), I don't think the NHL CBA will have much impact on an AHL deal (unless there are guys getting AHL deals because there's a NHL labor stoppage).

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:19 PM
  #37
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!
 
VP and GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at home
Country: United States
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
So there is nothing from prohibiting him from attending the Sharks prospect camp this summer??

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:56 PM
  #38
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 60,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
So there is nothing from prohibiting him from attending the Sharks prospect camp this summer??
Nope. And I'd expect him to receive an invite.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:40 AM
  #39
Squeeven
Registered User
 
Squeeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Good signing by Worcester. Looks like this kid tore it up in the QMJHL: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=117574 hopefully he develops into something good and NHL ready.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:22 PM
  #40
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 60,086
vCash: 500
http://www.sharksahl.com/story.asp?story_id=3128

Worcester official announcement.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.