HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Chicago

Old
05-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Sarava

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
You understand that you have to give up something to get something in a trade? Why do we want your goalie who you have given up on? Makes no sense. At least Thomas has proven he can do it. Krejci has been a number one center on a cup winning team, and McQuaid is way underrated. Crawford has no value for the Bruins, he wouldn't beat out Rask, and it is doubtful he beats out Khudobin.

So, you want us to trade Krejci, Thomas, and Quaider for Sharpe? No thanks. Bruins would need something else in return.
Crawford must go back in any deal for a goalie with a big cap hit. The Hawks would probably have to add a sweetener. Otherwise it just doesn't work out with these teams.

That being said, there's no way the Hawks move Sharp for Krejci straight up. Sharp is a better player.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Aim lower. If you have those two goalies then the value of Thomas to you considerably less. Not saying this makes Thomas junk, but you have less of wiggle room to play hard ball.
Thomas' value in a trade doesnt become significantly less because we have other NHL goalies, it just gives us the ability to trade him should we get a significant enough offer. We wouldnt trade Thomas for nothing because Khudobin is waiting in the wings to be our backup haha, wed send him down to the AHL.

Adding more depth doesnt give those players less TRADE value, it gives them less value to the organization, meaning they would be more willing to trade them away for more pieces.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Crawford must go back in any deal for a goalie with a big cap hit. The Hawks would probably have to add a sweetener. Otherwise it just doesn't work out with these teams.

That being said, there's no way the Hawks move Sharp for Krejci straight up. Sharp is a better player.
We simply don't need him though, thats the thing. We're trading Thomas because we have Tuuka, we're not trading Thomas to get another young goalie haha.

Old
05-17-2012, 03:03 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post

You may very well believe Sharp is the better player but their stats show that Sharp will score more
Goals and Krejci will get more assists and their points are pretty comparable.

I have no problem with you not liking this deal, I know I don't, but Sharp and Krejci probably have roughly the same trade value.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
You may very well believe Sharp is the better player but their stats show that Sharp will score more
Goals and Krejci will get more assists and their points are pretty comparable.

I have no problem with you not liking this deal, I know I don't, but Sharp and Krejci probably have roughly the same trade value.
I agree.

Question: What is the age difference between Krejci & Sharp?

Krejci cap hit is $5.25m,,, curious as to what Sharps is. That would certainly factor into their respected value.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I agree.

Question: What is the age difference between Krejci & Sharp?

Krejci cap hit is $5.25m,,, curious as to what Sharps is. That would certainly factor into their respected value.
Sharp is 30 and Krejci is 26. Sharp also starts making 5.9 next year.

I'd certainly do Krejci for Sharp straight up, but only because he plays wing as well. If they were both centers I might hold onto Krejci.

Old
05-17-2012, 03:35 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Well part of the line-up problem is my inflated worth of several free agents. I'm no agent/GM so I've never been good at estimating costs, but figured I'd go on the high end rather than lowball salary figures.

The reason I return Crawford to Boston, is that I figured the mentality was what Sarava said; that he would go the other way in a deal for a higher end goaltender. Also, as a Bruins fan it makes me more comfortable going to camp with Crawford, Rask, and Khudobin battling for two spots rather than just having Rask/Khudobin slotted. Lack of competition for spots/playing time isn't usually a good thing.

I think that Boston probably needs a little more coming back, and I think the aforementioned Bryan Bickell might do the trick. He's good for 10+ goals and could slot into the 3rd/4th line at a bargain rate next year. Which gives you a little more cap freedom to sign Chris Kelly back.

I also understand the mentality that Boston can't count on Horton next year; but you roll the dice a little bit with health; every team has to do that.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:44 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Would still do this deal with a piece like Bickell or one of our second tier prospects going the other way.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote