HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone doing "Delta Fan Flight" to game 3?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2012, 04:16 PM
  #26
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beezer View Post
Doing anything that involves the airport is nothing but a gigantic pain in the ass.
I guess if you live right there it makes sense, but otherwise it seems like a gigantic waste of time and effort.
Besides there's just too much stuff that could go wrong at a airport to make this worth wild.
Going to a game is a waste of time and effort, when you can just check the score after it's over in 5 seconds.

Going to a viewing party is an even bigger waste of time and effort, since you're going somewhere to watch a TV basically.

In fact, most things in life are a waste of time and effort, why bother doing anything at all?

It's a novelty thing. People do it because it'll be fun.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:19 PM
  #27
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
my luck it would go down, and have people laugh at why and how i died. 10 min flight total i guess. if the Rangers win and they do this to the west coast that would be cool.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:20 PM
  #28
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
I think some people are missing the point. This isn't meant to be an efficient form of transportation to the game

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:20 PM
  #29
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
"Cue the Geese"
sully

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:31 PM
  #30
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
my luck it would go down, and have people laugh at why and how i died. 10 min flight total i guess. if the Rangers win and they do this to the west coast that would be cool.
The flight's 20 miles, it'd be more like 3 or 4 minutes of actual air time.

Take off and landing will take much longer though

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:53 PM
  #31
1994sec311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
When I initially read the promotion on the site I thought it was a pretty awesome idea to get some people together and get a little rowdy in the devils barn.

I'm from a small town outside of Toronto...when I actually thought about it after I realized how god damn close these two teams are to each other....too rippered

Weird Idea.
London is no mere "small town outside of Toronto"...those are the street that are the proud home of Brandon Prust! I can just imagine all the kids walking down main street proudly wearing their Prust jerseys, wanting to grow up to lead the NHL in fighting majors ......

If it's an LAK/NYR SCF, maybe the hearts and minds of Londoners will be torn between Pruster and Jeff Carter...may Prust prevail!

1994sec311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 05:11 PM
  #32
8bitHockey
Registered User
 
8bitHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
According to the press release, the official flight time is 17 minutes.

I'm kind of a travel and aviation buff (as well as hockey) so this seems cool to me. I just received a call. I have to be at LGA at 8:30 am on Saturday morning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...181319700.html

"According to CBS New York, Rangers alumni Ron Duguay and Rod Gilbert will also be aboard the flight..."

8bitHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
  #33
koz2393
Registered User
 
koz2393's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Not gonna lie, I considered it just because it's so wacky. With that being said, its in no way worth driving from Staten Island to Queens instead of to Newark

koz2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:38 PM
  #34
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitHockey View Post
According to the press release, the official flight time is 17 minutes.

I'm kind of a travel and aviation buff (as well as hockey) so this seems cool to me. I just received a call. I have to be at LGA at 8:30 am on Saturday morning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...181319700.html

"According to CBS New York, Rangers alumni Ron Duguay and Rod Gilbert will also be aboard the flight..."
17 minutes must include take off and landing.

Otherwise that'd be about 70 MPH, and planes fly much faster then that lol.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:43 PM
  #35
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
LOL @ flying to NJ. Not at the people who are taking part, it should be fun, but the fact that the team is doing it is kind of silly. A bus I could understand, but flying... It's probably a 20 minute flight

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:44 PM
  #36
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
LOL @ flying to NJ. Not at the people who are taking part, it should be fun, but the fact that the team is doing it is kind of silly. A bus I could understand, but flying... It's probably a 20 minute flight
It's more of an advertising/sponsorship thing with Delta than anything.

__________________
2013-2014 Eastern Conference Champions!!
NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:50 PM
  #37
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Hahahahahah man this whole thing is ridiculous. Love it though. How dumb! hahahaha

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:53 PM
  #38
folding
Rookie User
 
folding's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Truth be told, I would have totally done this. Unfortunately, I live in the opposite direction. But I absolutely would have done this if I still lived on LI. I think it sounds hilarious and you will have a story to tell for the rest of your life.

folding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:00 PM
  #39
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Happy holidays! :)
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,400
vCash: 500
Bad for the environment.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:08 PM
  #40
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
Going to a game is a waste of time and effort, when you can just check the score after it's over in 5 seconds.

Going to a viewing party is an even bigger waste of time and effort, since you're going somewhere to watch a TV basically.

In fact, most things in life are a waste of time and effort, why bother doing anything at all?

It's a novelty thing. People do it because it'll be fun.
None of those things even compare to the hassle that an airport can be... so your similes are flawed.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:14 PM
  #41
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by folding View Post
Truth be told, I would have totally done this. Unfortunately, I live in the opposite direction. But I absolutely would have done this if I still lived on LI. I think it sounds hilarious and you will have a story to tell for the rest of your life.
What would be funny is if someone who lived in newark went to laguardia to take the flight lol

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:34 PM
  #42
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Its a Delta flight out of LaGuardia and into Newark. The odds it leaves AND arrives on time are like 40%. Decent shot they circle Newark for 2 hrs and miss the 1st period...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:37 PM
  #43
8bitHockey
Registered User
 
8bitHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
None of those things even compare to the hassle that an airport can be... so your similes are flawed.
It's leaving from the LGA Marine Air Terminal. This terminal is usually not as busy as the main part of the airport.

8bitHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:23 PM
  #44
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Its a Delta flight out of LaGuardia and into Newark. The odds it leaves AND arrives on time are like 40%. Decent shot they circle Newark for 2 hrs and miss the 1st period...
I'm sure if they get screwed out of actually watching the game the rangers would make it up to them.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:19 AM
  #45
The Beezer
Registered User
 
The Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
I'm sure if they get screwed out of actually watching the game the rangers would make it up to them.
Yeah, they will fly them out to the colisuem for a game next year..................

The Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:27 AM
  #46
Silly Goose
Registered User
 
Silly Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
This is all a ruse by the Devils PR machine. You will all be in Newark, DE Sunday afternoon.

Silly Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:39 AM
  #47
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
I would have preferred a decked out Rangers Amtrak train for all rangers supporters heading to Newark.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:41 AM
  #48
Silly Goose
Registered User
 
Silly Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
I would have preferred a decked out Rangers Amtrak train for all rangers supporters heading to Newark.
not enough demand.

OK, I'm leaving now.

Silly Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:41 AM
  #49
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,200
vCash: 500
The Devils will charter a Cessna to get all their fans to game 5.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:59 AM
  #50
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 50
You'll probably be on the evening news if you take this ride


Last edited by GordonGecko: 05-18-2012 at 11:29 AM.
GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.