HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

not shooting the puck

Old
05-17-2012, 04:51 PM
toughfighter83*

vCash: 500
not shooting the puck

i think is the reason why in these playoffs this year and last year, the flyers aren't beating good teams because they are simply not shooting the puck, all they do is pass, sure it would work against bad teams like pittsburgh this year, buffalo last year, but boston and new jersey fed off those plays and made the flyers look like idiots.

if you watch nj beating the rangers last night, their d shoot the puck with screens, that is what beats great goalie screens, why arent the flyers doing that? especially with rangers which is why they are losing to them, why are they tring to be fancy with cross ice passing? it never works, even if we get a good player in the offseason, the rest of these players have to play like the team and shoot pucks, briere shoots the puck, jvr doesnt, hartnell doesnt, jagr doesnt, giroux does but sometimes makes stupid passing when he has an opportunity to score.

i mean i dont know if it's lav or the players, if it's the players he has to get them to shoot the puck because it's the only to beat good teams and get goals, doesnt matter what type of defense each team has, they have to shoot the puck, if not then flyers will never a cup.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

the strategy seems to be to no-look pass until it catches the other team off guard. I don't like it.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 05:10 PM
SolidSnakeUS

With the case with NJ, it wasn't the problem of shooting the puck, it was the problem of even getting out of their own zone or let alone getting into the offense zone with ANY sort of pressure.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 05:50 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
I think you're a bit off here. We could shoot more, but most of the players you said don't shoot do. Giroux shoots the most on the team leading the team in shoots in the regular season and the playoffs, and was 29th in shots per game in the regular season. Hartnell was second on the team in shots in the both the playoffs and the regular season. Jagr shoots almost the same amount that Briere does. JVR was just behind Hartnell in shoots per game but missed half the season. What we could use is more shots from our defense.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:28 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
I think you're a bit off here. We could shoot more, but most of the players you said don't shoot do. Giroux shoots the most on the team leading the team in shoots in the regular season and the playoffs, and was 29th in shots per game in the regular season. Hartnell was second on the team in shots in the both the playoffs and the regular season. Jagr shoots almost the same amount that Briere does. JVR was just behind Hartnell in shoots per game but missed half the season. What we could use is more shots from our defense.

yeah i agree, i think the defense wasnt shooting alot, pronger was the main reason why this team was so good and him shooting was what got us to the finals.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:30 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
yeah i agree, i think the defense wasnt shooting alot, pronger was the main reason why this team was so good and him shooting was what got us to the finals.
Not just that, a LOT of d-man shots just weren't getting through. Carle has a weak wrister at least 95% of the time. Mez wasn't around to help with his cannon. MAB has a pretty good shot and he was missed. Grossmann doesn't shoot much. Kubina didn't play in the playoffs really. Coburn and Timonen were really the only D-men with consistent shots on net.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:31 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
With the case with NJ, it wasn't the problem of shooting the puck, it was the problem of even getting out of their own zone or let alone getting into the offense zone with ANY sort of pressure.
Yea, you have to have puck possession for more than 3 seconds a game to get "A" shot let alone "shots"

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:34 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Not just that, a LOT of d-man shots just weren't getting through. Carle has a weak wrister at least 95% of the time. Mez wasn't around to help with his cannon. MAB has a pretty good shot and he was missed. Grossmann doesn't shoot much. Kubina didn't play in the playoffs really. Coburn and Timonen were really the only D-men with consistent shots on net.
Thats one of the main reasons i didn't worry that much about jersey sustaining the kind of attack they did because they don't get much offense from the back end. They are the devils though so they must know the "devil". they sold their souls for crazy forecheckin abilities.......and rock n roll. owww!

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote