HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dale Hunter Stepping Down Today

Old
05-17-2012, 03:54 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Who McPhee could possibly trade for is up to him to identify. This is similar to the coaching decision. Fans are afraid nobody is out there they like. Fact is, it's not our job, nor are we likely to have the information as to who the candidates are for Semin's replacement or the head coach.

Don't be afraid just because you're not being spoonfed names you're comfortable with.
Oh shut up seriously.

Who replaces Semin? Parise is the only viable one that makes sense.

The rest we get a replacement that played on the first line or second line with a good center and nothing to get a ****ing 2C because we already traded it away.

Its not as ****ing easy as you claim it is.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:19 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Yeah George has to determine the identity and direction of the team.

Under Bruce's offensive ways, I think we were a few coaching moves away from going further. Checking line assignments / shadows. Defensive line matches at times. No, not to extremes like Dale did. But do fall back on depth when guys like Green and Semin are mummies on the ice, broken and completely ineffective. Using the number 1 G more when the backup shows signs of cracking.

Certainly GM saw we had powerhorse teams that were competitive and entertaining. More blow outs or blown out, while Dales teams were competitive but via coin flip tight games, not nearly as entertaining - as many pay to see the stars shine. He almost makes himself look dumb not using Ovi to the strengths that warranted the max contract he gave out.

We need a coach half way between Dale and Bruce. I will do it myself dammit.
Are you going to start by benching all of the vetiest of vets on the roster - Vokoun, Hamrlik, Knuble, Halpern and Erskine? Or will you actually bench those deserving? LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:40 PM
BTCG

If McPhee waits until August to announce that he's promoting Evason as head coach, Caps fans won't have all summer to complain.

BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:07 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Are you going to start by benching all of the vetiest of vets on the roster - Vokoun, Hamrlik, Knuble, Halpern and Erskine? Or will you actually bench those deserving? LOL
Hockey is a simple game.

Lines/pairs based on salary skill and handedness

Tell them to just go play hockey. You all know how to play already. Have fun.

Sit back and wait to call my one time out.

Sit who sucked for the next game. Silent treatment or not, if they dont know why they were sat, I will ask George to trade them.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post
If McPhee waits until August to announce that he's promoting Evason as head coach, Caps fans won't have all summer to complain.
Goooooooo lockout!

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:01 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

I would do almost anything to have someone other than McPhee picking the next coach...

05-17-2012, 09:08 PM
fsnoles98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Oh shut up seriously.

Who replaces Semin? Parise is the only viable one that makes sense.

The rest we get a replacement that played on the first line or second line with a good center and nothing to get a ****ing 2C because we already traded it away.

Its not as ****ing easy as you claim it is.
Parise is by far a better player then Semin and made less. He plays both ways and was 14 pts better then the Super Semin. Semin compared favorable with Versteg and Backes at best.

fsnoles98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:08 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
I would do almost anything to have someone other than McPhee picking the next coach...
me too.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Meh. The Bruce Cassidy of GMs probably wouldn't do any better.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:19 PM
fsnoles98

Maybe GMGM will appoint Ovi and Semin player/coaches like Reggie Dunlop of the Johnstown Chiefs to make all the "Rock the Red " fans happy?

fsnoles98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:19 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Quote:
I see Jeff Gillooly in the rearview mirror.

stanleycaps98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:30 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
I see Jeff Gillooly in the rearview mirror.
dear god.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:40 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
Parise is by far a better player then Semin and made less. He plays both ways and was 14 pts better then the Super Semin. Semin compared favorable with Versteg and Backes at best.
Semin fans don't want to hear this. In their minds he's walks on water and could never be replaced. Reality paints a much different picture fortunately.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:45 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
It looks like Semin may have to be replaced, easy or not.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Smiddletown

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
Parise is by far a better player then Semin and made less.
Well, of course. Semin was getting UFA money. Parise wasn't.

Parise is getting a big fat check when he hits UFA.

Last edited by Smiddletown: 05-18-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Smiddletown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:38 AM
G3 LesPaul

I hope Semin is gone. $6.7 free in cap. We can get 2 decent players or make a pitch for a shutdown D like Suter with that type of money.

A shutdown D man > a 2nd line winger that is up and down

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:24 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Yeah, Semin is easily replaced. I mean look, he doesn't compare favorably with the most coveted free agent in the NHL. He's probably only the 2nd most coveted forward. Easily replaced.

mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:28 PM
um

i dont mind semin leaving as long as we replace him with more scoring, which i dont think GMGM can

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:37 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Yeah, Semin is easily replaced. I mean look, he doesn't compare favorably with the most coveted free agent in the NHL. He's probably only the 2nd most coveted forward. Easily replaced.
haha so true.

SO many people seem to want Semin out the door and say "his 6.7 mil can be used to find 2 players/another scorer"

They just don't understand that these "scorers" are simply not out there. Heck Leino got $4.5 million! Grabovski $5.5 mil without even hitting UFA status!

We lack 2nd line scoring to begin with. With no Kuznetsov it really doesn't solve any problems by letting Semin go easily. We still don't have a 2nd line center. Now we will need TWO scoring 2nd line players if we let him walk and its hard enough to find ONE!

We need to restock our prospect pool so I don't believe its wise to trade away young assets for scrub vets or overpaid smallish/softish ones (Ribiero/Plekanec)

Alot of people will probably get their wish...Semin will be gone and start scoring in bunches for his next team...

You never know what you have til its gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
i dont mind semin leaving as long as we replace him with more scoring, which i dont think GMGM can
Assuming if he was competent enough to do so he still probably couldn't. Cruddy UFA market. We'd have to trade multiple young assets and with this now "weak" draft the value of those picks is lowered (and we need them to begin with)

We are not getting Parise. Maybe the scrub Kostitsyn brothers will replace him and our crappery will show.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:41 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
The only way I see that happening is a sign and trade type of situation and how often do we see that in hockey. Other sports yeah but hockey . . .

If such a situation did occur, other pieces would have to be added to the transaction, such as John Feinstein's suggestion (and I'm not a Feinstein desciple) of pursuing Rick Nash or possibly reuniting Semin with BB.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:45 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
The only way I see that happening is a sign and trade type of situation and how often do we see that in hockey. Other sports yeah but hockey . . .

If such a situation did occur, other pieces would have to be added to the transaction, such as John Feinstein's suggestion (and I'm not a Feinstein desciple) of pursuing Rick Nash or possibly reuniting Semin with BB.
id rather have semin than nash, nash is very similiar to semin with a worse defensive game, and his contract doesnt help

Old
05-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Easily replaceable.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:53 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
id rather have semin than nash, nash is very similiar to semin with a worse defensive game, and his contract doesnt help
Sounds like its the devil you know versus the devil you don't know situation then.

I admittedly was po'd by some of the Russians within the organization recently. First Kuz's remarks about being sat after making mistakes, Orlov or someone had to be talking to him or his camp. Then Ovie's remarks to the press at the end of the season about "some of the players in the locker room" to me was not helping to convince Semin that this is the place to be. Talking about urinating in your own well, Ovie as the Captain has to smooze Semin almost as much as GMGM does if they want to bring him back.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:06 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Sounds like its the devil you know versus the devil you don't know situation then.

I admittedly was po'd by some of the Russians within the organization recently. First Kuz's remarks about being sat after making mistakes, Orlov or someone had to be talking to him or his camp. Then Ovie's remarks to the press at the end of the season about "some of the players in the locker room" to me was not helping to convince Semin that this is the place to be. Talking about urinating in your own well, Ovie as the Captain has to smooze Semin almost as much as GMGM does if they want to bring him back.
why do you think nash is so great, he requested a trade thats far worse than anything semin ever did. dont be fooled by nash's canadian citizenship hes very similar to semin

im not even gonna respond to the second paragraph as you appear to be talking out of your ass

Old
05-18-2012, 03:29 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
why do you think nash is so great, he requested a trade thats far worse than anything semin ever did. dont be fooled by nash's canadian citizenship hes very similar to semin

im not even gonna respond to the second paragraph as you appear to be talking out of your ass
Reading comprehension is indeed a lost art.

Where did I mention that Nash was great. I reference an article from John Feinstein, who most likely you never heard of, however here's a link to Lyle Richardson's reference to Feinstein's comments and the article.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...daily_20120517

As far as my comments about Kuznetsov, you tell me why he would make such a remark about being sat. He didn't just pull that out of thin air, someone had to communicate to him how some (Orlov) were being handled in Washington.

Ovechkin and Semin are good friends, friends do occaisionally influence one another and their decisions.