HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

5 trades I want to see happen this offseason

Old
05-17-2012, 04:22 PM
DarrenRyan

vCash: 500
No I insult to Tampa at all. Tampa bay fans are great, fill the building and support their team.

DarrenRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:26 PM
rockinghockey

Hamilton and your late 1st is not going to get you the 1st over all; try a centreman and Hamilton.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Hamilton and your late 1st is not going to get you the 1st over all; try a centreman and Hamilton.
Boston has 0 interest in the first overall.

If the Oilers wanted Hamilton they would offer the 1st overall... and I don't know if Boston takes it.

Hamilton fills a need, Boston wouldn't want a Russian (horrible history with them) and why after having Hamilton a year under the Boston wing and starting to get custom to their systems and such trade him?

Makes no sense.

Boston doesn't want the 1st overall... but if Oilers wanted Hamilton talks start with 1st overall and add from there.

Ridicolous?... sure... but again Boston has 0 reason to trade Hamilton and 0 reason to want the 1st overall either.

Chances are if Hamilton was in this draft after this past year he would go #2 maybe #1 overall anyways

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:38 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Well, at least you're not attempting to defend them.
Hemsky and Gagner help the Blues in shootouts!
Khabibulin mentors Bernier on how much vodka to drink on game days!
Ben *****ing Eager! Truculence!

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:49 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
However I think a Vinny L to Vancouver for Luongo makes sense with perhaps Tampa adding a 2nd rounder or something is a trade I like to see.
From an outsiders perspective, it probably makes sense because of their contracts. Both Tampa and Vancouver fans have made it very clear that they really don't want that trade though.

Tampa fans would much rather have Vinny than Lou.

Vancouver fans would much rather have Lou than Vinny.

Despite what most people on HF think of Vinny, Tampa fans really like him and do not want to trade him at all.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Umm, Hamilton hasn't played a pro game yet either. The Oilers have no reason to trade Yakupov for anything short of an overpay. That means Hamilton+Rask. We are NOT trading Yakupov away for fair value.
LOL Hamilton and Rask? the only 1st round pick in the last 5+ years worth that or more is Stamkos.

Oilers fans crack me up.

Push trading Yakupov away down everyones throats for 100x more than his worth and then when their laughed at say well we don't need to trade Yakupov.

Great don't trade him no one cares if ur going to ask for something asinine and then get offended when its laughed at.

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 05:14 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenRyan View Post

4. Rick Nash to San Jose*

Anyone else want to see jumbo joe pass to a goal scorer like Nash
*sigh* did you miss the two years heatley was here?

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:11 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
& Ottawa saw more potential in Daigle then in Chris Pronger.
Not entirely true. There were a large number of Ottawa scouts who thought Chris Pronger was going to be the better player. But, Daigle had a certain rock star quality that Ottawa management/ownership loved. In fact, one of the stories in Roy Macgregor's 'Road Games' (An absolute essential read about the first year of the Ottawa Senators) is that while testing out the scoreboard in their new arena they put up a graphic of 'Ottawa Senators 1st round pick Chris Pronger' to see how it looked, they then followed it up with 'Ottawa Senators 1st round pick Alexandre Daigle' and everyone agreed it looked much better and more pop to it and was another factor in their selection of Daigle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
LOL Hamilton and Rask? the only 1st round pick in the last 5+ years worth that or more is Stamkos.

Not even John Tavares? 21-year-old center with seasons of 54, 67 and 81 points?!

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Younghockey94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenRyan View Post

2. Halak to Toronto for Schenn

Toronto needs a goalie and St Louis needs a young def, other pieces will have to be included
Yes please.

Younghockey94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:15 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:

Oilers fans crack me up.

Push trading Yakupov away down everyones throats for 100x more than his worth and then when their laughed at say well we don't need to trade Yakupov.

Great don't trade him no one cares if ur going to ask for something asinine and then get offended when its laughed at.
I was not aware that the OP is an Oiler fan. Thanks for pointing that out.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:16 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
oh god the OP is a Bruins fan?!
now I have no choice but to assume every Bruins fan is like him

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:59 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Oilers fans crack me up.

Yeah, I can agree that Yapukov probably has more value than Hamilton in a Vacuum, but as others have pointed out Hamilton would probably go #2 this year if he was in the draft, or at least he'd be in the conversation.

Honestly there any number of reasons trading Hamillton for Yapukov makes little sense even if the deal was even up.

Hamilton fills a much bigger need than Yapukov for Boston. Boston has been without this type of dynamic presense on the blueline for over a decade, and with Chara in the back half of his career, they need to develop a future #1 now

Hamilton in Canadian, Yapukov Russian. I know Yapukov is committed to the US< but Boston has a poor history with Russian players and really has no support structure in place to bring him into.

Hamilton is a big man, Yapukov little man. I know it doesn't matter as much in hockey as in some other sports, but Hamilton's size is a HUGE asset

And beyond all that, yes Boston would likely have to add to the deal to make it happen, and that just makes no sense for this team

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Ryan Smyth

Quote:

Oilers fans crack me up.

I never said it was fair value, it's quite obvious it's an overpayment, and I made it pretty clear in my post. For what reason do the Oilers have to trade away first overall for fair value? The only way that pick is getting moved is for a king's ransom.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Try keeping the 1st overall... why do people want Boston to deal Hamilton so bad?

Cause he's ****ing awesome, that's why.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:42 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
5 Trades I'd Like to See Happen

1. [NYI/WAS] Kyle Okposo for Mike Green. This is entirely based on my complete fantasy of Scott Gordon becoming Washington's new head coach. Okposo always plays his best with Gordon (When Gordon was the Isles HC and this past WC) so Washington adds a power forward to take Semin's Top 6 slot. Islanders don't have to worry about qualifying Green at too high of a price because they have lots of cap space. Caps can move Carlson into Green's spot and re-sign Wideman.

2.[EDM/CBJ] Linus Omark and Theo Peckham for Marc Methot. This was rumored around the deadline but never came to fruition. Methot's inclusion on Team Canada was, to me, a bit of a head-scratcher as he is decent, but I thought there were better defencemen out there, so my completely baseless theory is that Kevin Lowe was getting an up-close-and-personal look at him with future Oilers coach Brent Sutter. Methot can play in the Oilers Top 4 next year, whereas there's probably no more room for Peckham. Omark wants out and he'll have a better opportunity at playing NHL hockey with Columbus than Edmonton. Columbus does this, if for no other reason, than to ditch Methot's salary.

3. [NAS/BOS] Alexander Radulov to Boston for Anton Khokhlachev and a pick. Nashville cuts bait with the distraction that is Radulov, getting a potential player and a pick, in return. Boston hopes Radulov turns into an affordable difference-maker for their Top 6.
4. [PHI/LA] Simon Gagne to Philadelphia for Marc-Andre Bourdon. Gagne goes back to where he began his career and adds some leadership to a youthful Philadelphia team, going back to the team that never should've traded him in the first place. LA adds a bottom-pairing defenceman and deducts some salary which allows...

5. [LA/DET] Matt Greene for Justin Abdelkader. Detroit has always lacked grit along their blueline and Greene will provide that. Abdelkader is another big-bodied hard-forechecking forward that will fit in perfectly on LA's third line. Also, Greene can be replaced along the blueline by one of LA's AHL prospects (Jake Muzzin) and the money saved can be used to try and retain Jarret Stoll and/or Dustin Penner.
I think that is a pretty tough sell to Boston. They would be trading for a guy who already decided once before to just walk away from the NHL and they would be trading a prospect who may be every bit as good as Radulov eventually plus a pick.

That just doen't sound like the kind of deal the Bruins make.

Now if they would go for a Carl Soderberg for Radulov swap, you got a deal. Both give you the risk that they will never show up to play in North America, both are highly skilled players.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:18 PM
longchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
To TBL: Miikka Kiprusoff, Matt Stajan
To CGY: Vincent Lecavalier, 2nd in '12

Vinny's contract will be hard to move (not because Vinny is a bad player, but just due to the length/his age).

Stajan had a strong 2nd half to last season (he finally looked like an NHL player in Calgary!, once he actually got ice time, surprise surprise). He wouldn't be a bad 2nd/3rd line centre behind Stamkos as Stajan's defensive game has definitely grown (due to the role Brent Sutter put him in).
Wait you're a flames fan? Cgy wants no part of Vinny's contract and they can get much better value for Kiprusoff.

longchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 356
I could see the Sabres trying to trade up to the Islanders #4 spot to select either Grigorenko or Galchenyuk. The Sabres are loaded with high end D prospects and also have the #12 and 21 picks in the first round. Buffalo is going to be active, the question is with whom?

Ron C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:52 PM
n3ss

Great trade here for the leafs fans:

Rick DiPietro to the Leafs for Luke Schenn, 2012 2nd round pick.

The Leafs fleece the Islanders here by robbing them of their franchise #1 goaltender, on a cap-friendly hometown discount contract. The Islanders get a fine young man in Luke Schenn: A top pairing big body presence with a long, active stick. WHAMMO!

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote