HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "I Guess I've Got To Do It" Edition: Game 2: Rangers vs. Devils

Old
05-17-2012, 05:48 PM
folding
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttacallytime View Post
its what torts has done all year and its goten us this far. It would be one thing if gabby has been on a playoff tear, but hes been far from it. Torts plays players who earn their ice time. It definitely can be frustrating, but its gotten us to the ECF.
Agreed. Trust in Torts and trust in your team. They are in the ECF for a reason.

folding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

No. I'm sorry, but the playoffs are not the time to be sending messages to your players. Nashville did it to Kostitsyn and Radulov and look where it got them. Washington did it to Ovechkin and Semin and look where it got them. There's one more that I can't seem to jog into my memory right now.

Messages are a regular season thing. In a tie into the third and subsequently down a goal in the third in the playoffs... it's not the time to bench your best offensive player.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:57 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
No. I'm sorry, but the playoffs are not the time to be sending messages to your players. Nashville did it to Kostitsyn and Radulov and look where it got them. Washington did it to Ovechkin and Semin and look where it got them. There's one more that I can't seem to jog into my memory right now.

Messages are a regular season thing. In a tie into the third and subsequently down a goal in the third in the playoffs... it's not the time to bench your best offensive player.
100% agreed.

Like I said earlier, give me a half assed Gaborik in the 3rd needing a a game tying goal over a Boyle or Prust.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Good lord I'm a mess. The loss has really left me in a pissed off mood. We should've won with a 2-1 lead with Lundqvist in net.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:28 PM
JCrusher*

I have noticed that gabby gets a lot of defense even though he has been horrible in the playoffs. he had one clutch goal which was the triple overtime. Now we didnt lose because gabby was benched because lets face it he wasn;t doing anything. We lost because we could clear the damn puck. Hopefully Gabby has a fire lit under his ass now because if he gets going along with what kreider is doing we will win this series

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
100% agreed.

Like I said earlier, give me a half assed Gaborik in the 3rd needing a a game tying goal over a Boyle or Prust.
Boyle and Prust didn't get Gabby's ice time, Artie did.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:43 PM
rvdnsx

-Move the puck quicker in your own defensive end

-Clear the puck out of your own zone at all costs, all the Devils goals have been from puck possesion in our end, no transition goals from defense to offense

-Have at least one forward up closer to the blue line in the defensive end so that the NJ defensemen don't get free shots for deflections, no need for all 5 players to collapse below the hash marks

-On the PK, just have one forward shadow Kovalchuk to negate his one timer

-Bickel is worthless, he barely plays which tires the other 5 defensemen, and when he does play he is slow, not good offensively or defensively

-The Devils defensemen are small so you've gotta forecheck hard to force rushed passes

-Simply put NJ is not as scary as Ottawa or Washington, all they do is forecheck hard, you can negate this by making simple, quick decisions to get the puck past the forecheckers. No need to keep dropping the puck deeper into your own zone or circling back trying to make the perfect play offensively. Dump the puck in deep every chance you get and turn the tables on them. As long as the puck is in the neutral zone or offensive zone, NJ cannot forecheck.

rvdnsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:00 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Boyle and Prust didn't get Gabby's ice time, Artie did.
Sorry, can't agree. Gaborik absolutely earned his pine time. He was not going to score - he simply doesn't try very hard. In the first half of the game, it was wide open, supposedly his forte with all the open ice, and he did nothing. Maybe he's afraid he'll get hurt if he sticks his nose in there, early in his career he WAS hurt a lot.

I agree, don't give his ice time to Boyle or Prust, they're useless on offense (as is Rupp, Fedotenko, far too many others), but double shift the guys who were creating - Kreider, Arty, Hagelin, Richards, Stepan.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:02 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
Sorry, can't agree. Gaborik absolutely earned his pine time. He was not going to score - he simply doesn't try very hard. In the first half of the game, it was wide open, supposedly his forte with all the open ice, and he did nothing. Maybe he's afraid he'll get hurt if he sticks his nose in there, early in his career he WAS hurt a lot.

I agree, don't give his ice time to Boyle or Prust, they're useless on offense (as is Rupp, Fedotenko, far too many others), but double shift the guys who were creating - Kreider, Arty, Hagelin, Richards, Stepan.
I know gabby is a hot and cold player but he always looks kind of soft out there. I mean if he blocked that puck we probably would have been up 2-0 right now

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:02 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

My mailman today saw my Rangers bumper sticker and told me that he is an Islanders fan rooting against the Rangers, and that he is going to watch the game Saturday afternoon on his iPad while delivering mail. Like a boss.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:17 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
I know gabby is a hot and cold player but he always looks kind of soft out there. I mean if he blocked that puck we probably would have been up 2-0 right now
Don't expect him to be a grinder, Lord knows we got enough stone-handed bangers, but I suspect Torts doesn't want his lack of effort to spread to others. I suspect he was sending a message for Game 3 - face it, they were lucky to be down 1-0 after the first period last night, could well have been 4 or 5.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
100% agreed.

Does anyone pay attention? Anisimov was on that line not Boyle or Prust

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:42 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Whats even more sick is that people are already saying the series is over, it's tied 1-1!! Devils scored their goals on stupid mistakes by the Rangers, Rangers don't make those mistakes then we win 2-1. Some "fans" shouldn't even post here if they think we are eliminated when the series is tied 1-1, pathetic.
Haha, I think we all have diffrent ways to handle pressure.

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with being pessimistic. I've seen 5 losses in a row now when watching games live/directly in the morning without knowing the score. I am going to watch tonight, and I would lie if I wouldn't admit that I would be extremely suprised if we won. My advise to anyone looking to increase their kids college fund is definitely to travel to Vegas and put it all on a Devil win in regulation or OT. But after tonights game I won't be watching in a while and the odds are pretty good for a win in those games...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:31 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
My mailman today saw my Rangers bumper sticker and told me that he is an Islanders fan rooting against the Rangers, and that he is going to watch the game Saturday afternoon on his iPad while delivering mail. Like a boss.
Did you tell him he won't be recieving his yearly Christmas lottery tickets anymore?

05-18-2012, 10:47 AM
beastly115

What I don't understand is why Torts benched Gaborik when Boyle committed a blunder just as bad, if not worse!? Where's the accountability? When all is said and done, I'd rather see Boyle get benched for a bad play. At least when Gaborik is out there he could score at any moment.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 11:38 AM
segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Good lord I'm a mess. The loss has really left me in a pissed off mood. We should've won with a 2-1 lead with Lundqvist in net.
They need deflections to beat Lundqvist, and they got them. A **** load of them. Defense broke down and said "hey that guy in the slot/in front of the net about to get a deflection? Seems legit."

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:29 PM
jmb9191

If the benching leads to gaborik going on a scoring tear, I'll take it. Rangers are mad. When a teacher made me mad in school the best thing for me to do was ace their test!

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:25 PM
MatthewNYR

Does anyone have any concrete prices on beer at the Rock? I'd imagine it's at least 75 cents-$1 less than the 9.50-10.00 for a 24 oz. at the Garden.

MatthewNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewNYR View Post
Does anyone have any concrete prices on beer at the Rock? I'd imagine it's at least 75 cents-$1 less than the 9.50-10.00 for a 24 oz. at the Garden.
$9 for a Czechvar. Domestic prices might be cheaper.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
I have noticed that gabby gets a lot of defense even though he has been horrible in the playoffs. he had one clutch goal which was the triple overtime. Now we didnt lose because gabby was benched because lets face it he wasn;t doing anything. We lost because we could clear the damn puck. Hopefully Gabby has a fire lit under his ass now because if he gets going along with what kreider is doing we will win this series
really? really? who is doing well in your opinion brad richards? because gaborik is only 2nd in points (2 behind richie), 2nd (2 behind richie) in goals, and 5th (exactly tied with richie) in assists. what did you expect a 41 goal scorer (3rd in the league) to be unguarded in the playoffs? other teams are focusing on shutting down gaborik because he is one of our most pure offensive threats. so with him being carefully guarded he has still managed to put up 4G 6A 10PTS in 16GP i think thats solid for him.

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 01:30 AM
Dactyl

you guys are ridiculous. you all want elite offensive talent which we have in gaborik and then you want him to play defense and block shots. i dont know about you but im done with grinders we have way to many and we dont need another. gaby has the offense and we have 2 1/2 other lines with no hands and whose only skill is blocking shots but you all get on gab for not blocking a shot

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:33 AM
jmb9191

Too much on his shoulders... Kings roll 4 lines and get goals from all...devils 4th line tie the game up in game 2... If someone else other than Richards and gaborik could score this wouldn't be a big deal ( or defenseman)

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote